Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624577 times)

Offline pix3l_fodder

Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #5950 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:27:02 »
Im not even fussed about my plates anymore, i just want my order but i've been told to wait until the plates arrive, whenever that might be (this is 2 months ago). Are the current group buy volunteers talking and has there been any progress?

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #5951 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 13:23:07 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5952 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 14:04:48 »
ayyyyy
I love Elzy

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #5953 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 07:10:48 »
since i ordered this three years ago, is there a 60% keyboard that is functionally superior to this one that i can actually buy?  kind of weird i've been waiting to own a 60% keyboard with a short right shift and function key to the right of it for more than three years now, but i kind of want to just get it over with already, to be honest.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #5954 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 07:16:52 »
thanks for getting our hopes up! Im just going to buy a board off tech keys.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #5955 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 07:33:52 »
since i ordered this three years ago, is there a 60% keyboard that is functionally superior to this one that i can actually buy?  kind of weird i've been waiting to own a 60% keyboard with a short right shift and function key to the right of it for more than three years now, but i kind of want to just get it over with already, to be honest.

Well, you could get a GH60 PCB from techkeys and buy the rest elsewhere (if you wait long enough you might even be able to buy all parts from them).
You could also (if you live in EU this has the most advantages) get a GH60 kit form falbatech in Poland. Another possibility is the KC60 (~$3 more for GH60 Satan) kit from Aliexpress.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5956 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 15:00:32 »

Satan GH60, **** is great, PCB like 30-40$ on ebay, same store sells cheap cases and plates. easy to program, and even has back lighting in the right position.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5957 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 15:17:26 »
I just realized someone else bought my gh60 for me...

**** this **** I'm out
I love Elzy

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5958 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 01:49:19 »
What the...
What's with the orders from Europe?
Because I ordered and payed quite a few PCBs and parts and still have a like 8 empty aluminum cases which I bought for this PCBs O.o

EU orders will be handled by Bunnylake if I have understood stuff correctly. We all have to pay for shipping again. You can see most information in the first post, and it will be updated when there is relevant information available.

Actually, I asked Bunny, but I never got him to confirm or deny that EU orders have to pay for shipping and/or assembly now. He did say that he was procuring new assembly gear and that he would provide such a service, so I'm assuming that we'd have to pay for that at least. I might be completely wrong on all accounts, though.

right guys i know just about as much as you

this is what i know

i have the pcbs and some of the switches on hand

when i first got these i contacted people on the spreadsheet i was given of orders to fulfill and shipped a ton of them out for people that wanted just that part of their order

recently (last few months) when people have contacted me for that, i have said no, as im waiting on the rest of the stuff from the states, because i dont wanna be going down to the post office and packing 1 thing every other day, it means i need to have everything out, and constantly taking time out of my day i dont have and pay for for fuel and parking etc, i just wanna sit and crank it out all at once

i said this under the assumption that i would have the plates, remaining switches and stabs shortly, because thats how this gb was progressing

as for shipping money, we have some left but not enough to cover it, so some people will be asked to pay for shipping again if they want their order

im just donating my time to this buy im no more in to loop than anyone else on this buy

when i stepped in and agreed to do this, my son wasnt born, and i lived in a different house and was under the impression this would be finished 8-9 months ago

please remember im shipping as much as all the US proxies combined, i dont want this dragged out, and i dont want all this stuff in my house, its taking up a ton of room that i really dont have

the sooner this is done the better as far as im concerned
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 June 2016, 01:52:27 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline metafour

« Reply #5959 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 13:13:38 »
When do we estimate the completion of items 4 and 5 under the What's the Plan section in the first post? Maybe I missed something but it seems like all progress has stopped on this again with very little transparency on what's going on.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5960 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 13:40:39 »
When do we estimate the completion of items 4 and 5 under the What's the Plan section in the first post? Maybe I missed something but it seems like all progress has stopped on this again with very little transparency on what's going on.

As far as I know we proxies are just waiting on samwisekoi. He would have to speak to what his next step is.

There hasn't been anything communicated to us in ~6 weeks now.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #5961 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 13:48:36 »
His last post said something about "Proxy boxes should be shipped next week" but at the same time, the counting scale is $300 a pop (which is a chunk to ask anyone to drop).

**** happens and life gets in the way. I've been guilty of it (am right now in fact). Any chance someone can poke him and just ask for an update?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5962 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 14:24:30 »
His last post said something about "Proxy boxes should be shipped next week" but at the same time, the counting scale is $300 a pop (which is a chunk to ask anyone to drop).

**** happens and life gets in the way. I've been guilty of it (am right now in fact). Any chance someone can poke him and just ask for an update?

I sent him a PM. Will update when I know more.

Edit: maybe expect a post from the man himself soon  8)
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 June 2016, 12:19:05 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #5963 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 16:42:08 »
Selling my order - PCB, 63x red switches + stabilizers.  PM if interested.

Offline rand77

« Reply #5964 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 20:24:56 »
Don't mean to jump the gun here, but I pulled the trigger on a Falbatech GH60 and here she is.   

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #5965 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 08:48:15 »
I hope this road ends soon lol.

Offline metafour

« Reply #5966 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 01:37:52 »
What's the ETA on an update?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5967 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 06:14:03 »
What's the ETA on an update?
Whenever samwisekoi can get the next step figured out he's supposed to update here.

Offline heeliqin

« Reply #5968 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 04:14:37 »
The shipping list is not my name, I would like to know where my order to go

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5969 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 05:21:50 »
<deleted>

Offline Viett

« Reply #5970 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:06:01 »
Is there a reason my proxy (HoffmanMyster) has not sent an invoice? Is he waiting on something? It's been 4 months since proxies were announced and I'm not quite sure what is going on.
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5971 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:09:37 »
Is there a reason my proxy (HoffmanMyster) has not sent an invoice? Is he waiting on something? It's been 4 months since proxies were announced and I'm not quite sure what is going on.

We aren't invoicing for shipping until we have parts to ship.

The emails we sent out explained this.

But in our defense we expected to have parts not long after we sent the initial emails out but we have not received them yet.

Offline Viett

« Reply #5972 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:13:09 »
Ok, that makes sense. I have not received an initial email either, but I'm guessing he's waiting on the parts before sending those out?
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5973 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:30:18 »
Ok, that makes sense. I have not received an initial email either, but I'm guessing he's waiting on the parts before sending those out?
No that should have been sent. I know he was behind so I guess he never got around to finishing or maybe the email didn't go through for some reason.

Basically it was confirming shipping address and order details and also explaining our plan going forward.

Right now we are waiting for @samwisekoi to figure out the best way to get all the parts to us (plates are very heavy in bulk) so we can attempt to bring this buy some closure.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5974 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 07:44:00 »
He has gone very quiet, its been quite considerable time since any updates or progress. Honestly you can keep the my plates I just want my PCB!!

Offline mauri

« Reply #5975 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 12:46:12 »
He has gone very quiet, its been quite considerable time since any updates or progress. Honestly you can keep the my plates I just want my PCB!!

You had the chance didn't you? There's no point getting angry over ones own stupidity, at least out loud anyway.

o **** waddup.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5976 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 19:46:36 »

You had the chance didn't you? There's no point getting angry over ones own stupidity, at least out loud anyway.

o **** waddup.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5977 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 13:32:10 »
No that should have been sent. I know he was behind so I guess he never got around to finishing or maybe the email didn't go through for some reason.

Yep, that's correct.  I haven't finished sending mine yet.  To be entirely honest, I just wasn't rushing since I knew there would still be a substantial delay.  I'm about half way through my emails.  I'll get them sent out, no need to worry.  :thumb:

Apologies for the confusion and apparent desertion of the project.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #5978 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 13:27:59 »

Basically it was confirming shipping address and order details and also explaining our plan going forward.

Right now we are waiting for @samwisekoi to figure out the best way to get all the parts to us (plates are very heavy in bulk) so we can attempt to bring this buy some closure.

At this point has sam provided any updates? We've been stalled for several months at this point. If it costs money to ship the plates to the final proxies let's just figure out the cost and get this done. I'll gladly donate funds to help complete this, but I need some direction from the organizers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5979 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 13:34:56 »

At this point has sam provided any updates? We've been stalled for several months at this point. If it costs money to ship the plates to the final proxies let's just figure out the cost and get this done. I'll gladly donate funds to help complete this, but I need some direction from the organizers.

I PM'd a week ago but I've got no new info. :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2016, 13:36:46 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5980 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 13:50:52 »
 I just sent Sam a PM, hoping for an update so we can get this started again.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #5981 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 11:48:18 »
I would like to congratulate this group buy on being outpaced by both a 7bit group buy AND sprit's acrylic case group buy.

Unachievement unlocked.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5982 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 14:44:45 »
So it looks like Sam hasn't been active on GH since June 10th. Does anyone else have an alternate way to reach out to him?

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #5983 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 14:55:08 »
So it looks like Sam hasn't been active on GH since June 10th. Does anyone else have an alternate way to reach out to him?

At this point this group buy has to be cursed, right? Ive been following it with fascination. I would love to see a timeline of all the things that have gone not at planned to far.  Good luck to everyone involved!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5984 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:02:51 »
Going to keep this going, do any of the proxies have an alternative way to contact Sam? If not I know iMav has a contact number.

Edit: I just went ahead and reached out to iMav, we'll see if we can jump start this GB.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:12:08 by Wildcard »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5985 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:42:17 »
Going to keep this going, do any of the proxies have an alternative way to contact Sam? If not I know iMav has a contact number.

Edit: I just went ahead and reached out to iMav, we'll see if we can jump start this GB.

I haven't heard anything for some time, my last PM went unanswered.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #5986 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 00:19:31 »
I hope this road ends soon lol.

Show Image

TBH, this should be photo for all GBs.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #5987 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 13:10:05 »

I haven't heard anything for some time

Just dropping in to see if this stalling engine had ever been rebuilt, recycled or shot. Jury still out. K
GH60 Nevermore

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5988 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 13:54:39 »

I haven't heard anything for some time, my last PM went unanswered.

Well ****... Same boat. Still haven't heard back from iMav. I guess we'll just keep waiting...

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5989 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 20:13:29 »
Bump. Yep that's right, I'm bumping a GB thread. This **** needs to get sorted out.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5990 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 21:36:41 »
Bump. Yep that's right, I'm bumping a GB thread. This **** needs to get sorted out.
At this point I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5991 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 22:08:23 »
I wonder if the texan ants got sam...

Offline agor

« Reply #5992 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 04:10:19 »
 :(
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5993 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 10:39:54 »
At this point I'm not sure what to think anymore.

I'm thinking I should have also offered to be a proxy to help sort and ship. But it still wouldn't have mattered much considering our current status. We need to figure out if Sam's ok as he hasn't been online in 1 1/2 months. If anyone has a contact (email, phone) and can reach out please do.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5994 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:14:12 »
I was able to get a contact for Sam. So I will be reaching out to him to touch base and see where we're at.

Thanks everyone

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5995 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:14:39 »
@wildcard good to hear  :thumb:

Just an FYI his twitter is active.  8)

Offline jabar

« Reply #5996 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 21:06:08 »
bump still nothing
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #5997 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 12:47:11 »
I'd love to just sell my orders.  Unfortunately though, my most expensive order was one I took over after initial payments were done.  These 'taken over' orders have not been accounted for though.

Are there any solutions concerning:

1.  The orders that were taken over by others
2.  I don't want this anymore, but I have to pay shipping for it anyways

??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5998 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 12:56:27 »
I'd love to just sell my orders.  Unfortunately though, my most expensive order was one I took over after initial payments were done.  These 'taken over' orders have not been accounted for though.

Are there any solutions concerning:

1.  The orders that were taken over by others
2.  I don't want this anymore, but I have to pay shipping for it anyways

??

The best answer I can give at this point is if there ends up being extras or leftovers we can do our best to fulfill any of the orders we didn't have when deciding what parts we needed. I know for a fact a few members who have disappeared have orders and we've got to figure out what to do with those if we can't contact those members.

And if people just want to forget about it and move on then we can sell any extras or leftovers ourselves and use those funds to first cover any extra costs we incur proxying and forward the rest to iMav to help with site costs.

If anyone wants to sell their own order then they would need to wait until they receive it to do so.

But as it stands this is dead in the water until parts get moving again.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5999 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 16:44:01 »
Good news,

I was able to speak with Samwisekoi about a half hour ago and he updated me that the SMD presoldered kits were broken up into 5 separate shipments which will be going out soon to the proxies. Due to the heavy weight of the plates, extra effort was made in insuring that their packaging was appropriate.

There has been a challenge in shipping the DIY kits to the proxies due to the quantity of small static sensitive SMD components. Static bags and other packaging materials have been ordered and this effort is nearing completion. It sounds like these will be shipped separately.

We're nearing the final stretch everyone, hopefully more to come soon!