Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624572 times)

Offline Caaaarrrt

Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1500 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 00:26:21 »
Updated. Hopefully I've got my stabilisers right this time.
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1501 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 10:34:08 »
Would simple orders (aka no switches/plates/stabilizers) be able to ship out sooner than more complicated orders? Also, still lookin' at around august/september to get these all out?

I'd like to know this too.

Me three (well I'm getting also getting a plate but nothing else...)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #1502 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 13:45:48 »
so i just checked my order. I am one of the first ones and nothing is highlighted. good stuff, but holy crap is there a lot of nonsense orders.  anywho, i ordered green switches and i am thinking now that i actually want to get clears to make ergos.  If i cant change my order that is fine, Green Switches are hard to come by so i am sure i can sell them or find a use for them. with that said, i am nervous about finding plate mounted clear switches to make my ergos. 

so how do you guys feel about me adding swtiches to my order? if no is the answer that is cool. i will try to source them independently through 7-bit.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1503 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:03:08 »
I sent an order update to fix spacebar sizes.

(2 x 6.25x -> 2 x 7x)

Thanks to the organizers for the colossal amount of work they are doing.

Offline bugsaint

« Reply #1504 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 18:02:01 »
Just a quick question.  We're all buying these boards but where's everyone getting cases for them?  Been trawling around for an aluminium poker case to go with it but nothing appearing in the classifieds.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1505 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 18:09:54 »
Just a quick question.  We're all buying these boards but where's everyone getting cases for them?  Been trawling around for an aluminium poker case to go with it but nothing appearing in the classifieds.

They're listed in the OP and most of those listed will have a GB in the near future :)

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1506 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 18:11:46 »

They're listed in the OP and most of those listed will have a GB in the near future :)

Here's for hoping I'll have time to get enough money for one before they go GB-mode.

Offline thoere

« Reply #1507 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 19:18:46 »
When do we get invoices?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1508 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 19:19:57 »
When do we get invoices?

Probably soon, seeing as the payment deadline is May 13.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1509 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 19:55:40 »
Is there a change order option to change my green switches to grey?

I originally wanted green and then changed it to grey earlier in the group buy. The ops confirmed the change but now on the list as green switches.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1510 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 19:59:04 »
If you want to change switches, just submit an order change. It's not too late. Things haven't been updated in a few days, as I have just honestly been very busy.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #1511 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 20:02:03 »
Just did, I can't decide. lol

Thanks!
SmallFry! <3

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1512 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 20:21:02 »
Just did, I can't decide. lol

Thanks!

Order a batch of each!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1513 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 21:21:41 »
If you want to change switches, just submit an order change. It's not too late. Things haven't been updated in a few days, as I have just honestly been very busy.

Do i just pm you?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1514 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 21:24:35 »

Do i just pm you?

You can do that, yes. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1515 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 23:11:04 »
so i just checked my order. I am one of the first ones and nothing is highlighted. good stuff, but holy crap is there a lot of nonsense orders.  anywho, i ordered green switches and i am thinking now that i actually want to get clears to make ergos.  If i cant change my order that is fine, Green Switches are hard to come by so i am sure i can sell them or find a use for them. with that said, i am nervous about finding plate mounted clear switches to make my ergos. 

so how do you guys feel about me adding swtiches to my order? if no is the answer that is cool. i will try to source them independently through 7-bit.
You can still change your order, but last I heard was they couldn't source white or clear switches. If you're looking to get some check out this IC
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42952.0;topicseen
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1516 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 12:33:09 »
Question i thought of....Will we be able to use Mini USB to PS/2 Cables? i might want to pick one up, but can they be used with the GH60?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1517 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:10:51 »
I don't know of any firmware for the GH60 which supports PS/2.

in memoriam

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1518 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:16:21 »
I'm curious why some people want a mini USB to PS/2 cable. Is it the cool thing to do? Or do you not have any USB ports open? You do know once it's plugged into the back of your computer, you'll never see the connector. And PS/2 isn't needed if you're looking for NKRO. You'll be just fine with USB.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #1519 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:27:29 »
:'( that really sucks.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1520 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:28:18 »

Why does it suck?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1521 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:30:25 »

Why does it suck?

Just would have been cool

not a big deal :/

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1522 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:38:15 »
I'm curious why some people want a mini USB to PS/2 cable. Is it the cool thing to do? Or do you not have any USB ports open? You do know once it's plugged into the back of your computer, you'll never see the connector. And PS/2 isn't needed if you're looking for NKRO. You'll be just fine with USB.

It's certainly not an issue for me, but I'm sure it can be fun to want PS/2 instead of USB.  Plus, in a more practical sense, some computers only allow the use of 2 USB ports during boot/BIOS, so they require that you plug mouse/keyboard into those ports.  So PS/2 is less hassle in this sense I suppose.

Also, people probably think that NKRO is only available through PS/2.  I was not aware that it would be an option through USB for these boards.

Offline realex

« Reply #1523 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:42:01 »
i think the ones claiming keyboard input via usb with 125hz/up to 8ms delay makes them worse at games compared to ps/2 input have never been and will never be good at a game anyway.

but well, blaming personal shortcomings on hardware is what keeps 90% of gaming peripheral manufacturers alive.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:45:42 by realex »

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1524 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:11:24 »
I know it's probably a shot in the dark, but would there be a chance for me to get a ballpark figure for shipping costs? And what shipping method will be used for Europe? Yeah, I'm way late asking this, but it's time I estimate the shipping costs for this baby.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1525 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:13:11 »
I know it's probably a shot in the dark, but would there be a chance for me to get a ballpark figure for shipping costs? And what shipping method will be used for Europe? Yeah, I'm way late asking this, but it's time I estimate the shipping costs for this baby.

There is a European Distributor, and i think it was like $18.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1526 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:19:14 »

There is a European Distributor, and i think it was like $18.

That's cheaper than what I pay from within the country  :eek:

Do we know whether they use DHL/whatever, or the postal service?

Offline remedyhalopc

GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1527 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:19:45 »
The only reason why I would want PS/2 is for those glorious cables that Mimic sells. Those connectors are gorgeous.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1528 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:26:32 »
I really only wanted PS/2 Because it looks sexy and it would take up one less usb spot on my rig...it's not a huge deal, but i assumed the GH60 was gonna include that.

i bet the poker doesn't allow PS/2 either then

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1529 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:29:59 »
I bet he could wire the cable to actively or passively adapt the signal. Might cost you more, but I've seen it done with other cables, so I imagine it is possible.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1530 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:30:55 »
I bet he could wire the cable to actively or passively adapt the signal. Might cost you more, but I've seen it done with other cables, so I imagine it is possible.

cost more from who?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1531 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:31:35 »

cost more from who?

Mimic

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1532 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:35:13 »

cost more from who?

Mimic

this is mimic's thread http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36065.0

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1533 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 16:48:27 »
Mimic

my question was answered lol buy thanks!  :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1534 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 09:03:18 »
It has been brought to my attention that my request to split the L-Shift key into two on the 'samwisekoi' plate effectively broke the design.  I assume that that plate still is in the low-volume category, so I have waited to mention anything until this thread calms down at least somewhat.

However, I think that the five or so people who wanted the GH60 plate with arrow keys (the 'samwisekoi' plate) should have the opportunity to have the left shift not be broken.

So unless people object, please REVERT the 'samwisekoi' plate to its original layout with a 2.25x L-Shift key.

Thank you and my apologies for fixing something that wasn't broken.

- Ron I samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline cyberwave

« Reply #1535 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 09:08:36 »
It has been brought to my attention that my request to split the L-Shift key into two on the 'samwisekoi' plate effectively broke the design.  I assume that that plate still is in the low-volume category, so I have waited to mention anything until this thread calms down at least somewhat.

However, I think that the five or so people who wanted the GH60 plate with arrow keys (the 'samwisekoi' plate) should have the opportunity to have the left shift not be broken.

So unless people object, please REVERT the 'samwisekoi' plate to its original layout with a 2.25x L-Shift key.

Thank you and my apologies for fixing something that wasn't broken.

- Ron I samwisekoi

if this is the case, i'd take a samwisekoi plate  :eek: :eek:

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1536 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 09:31:59 »
^ This.  The messed-up left shift was the main issue blocking my interest in this plate.
Russ

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1537 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 10:01:31 »
^ This.  The messed-up left shift was the main issue blocking my interest in this plate.

Same, I had the samwise plate and then the shift split and I changed my order.
If the original layout is restored, I'm going to switch back.

Offline JBert

« Reply #1538 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 10:29:35 »
I bet the poker doesn't allow PS/2 either then
You would lose that bet, I hooked up a Soarer Converter to my Poker and it worked just fine. It does use an off-the-shelf keyboard controller though with some slightly customized firmware, whereas the GH60 uses a general-purpose micro-controller.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1539 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 13:21:36 »
Any update on how costing ready for invoicing is coming along?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1540 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 22:20:44 »
I had to be AFK for a few days, but back now to take care of loose ends. We're just waiting on komar to come back from his small trip to finalize the PCB, and confirm shipping prices from Europe. There are a bunch of stabilizer change requests that still needs to be updated, so after I finish that, all numbers will be locked. If you need anything else changed, do it now.

For now, I'm putting the payment deadline on hold.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1541 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 00:58:46 »
please cancel my order of plate and stuff I will not be able to pay when the time comes.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1542 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 01:01:03 »
please cancel my order of plate and stuff I will not be able to pay when the time comes.

I'll take the PCB if no one else has expressed wanting one

Offline mauri

« Reply #1543 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 06:21:06 »
Is there still time to change my order? If so, would I need 7x spacebar? for the 1.5x iso

Edited my order, sorry had an epiphany of a layout similar to 1.5x but w/ a 6.25 spacebar :d
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 May 2013, 06:33:25 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1544 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 06:24:18 »
Is there still time to change my order?

If you need anything else changed, do it now.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1545 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 08:55:40 »
so umm yea just realised again i kinda do need my order. One thing though my prototype doent have a split backspace so the GH60 plate wont work which one would I need instead then? Or should I not hastle with a plate cause its a prototype?

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1546 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 10:49:18 »
What's the final word on the Samwisekoi plate?  If left shift is returning to "normal", I will be updating my plate order.
Russ

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1547 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 13:04:55 »
I'm still catching up with older PMs and order changes. I'll ask Ron again and once he confirms, I'll make the plate change. It's also questionable where the 1x key on the split R-shift should be, so I need to ask him about this as well.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1548 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:09:02 »
I'm still catching up with older PMs and order changes. I'll ask Ron again and once he confirms, I'll make the plate change. It's also questionable where the 1x key on the split R-shift should be, so I need to ask him about this as well.

Naturally, all my designs for this particular item are at home while I am at work, but here is the Rev A version of the GH60 'samwisekoi' design.  It is fundamentally normal ANSI except for the lower RH corner, where an inverted T arrow set has been squeezed in.  (This is the best alignment that the GH60 can support for the UP and DOWN arrow keys.)  The bottom row is 1.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 - 6.25 - 1.5 - 1 - 1 - 1.5.  The ANSI R-Shift has been split into 1 - 1.75.

In this layout, you will have to put tilde/backtick in a function layer, but except for the 1.5 RIGHT arrow key, all the other keys are readily obtainable.

20822-0
Rev A GH60 'samwisekoi' layout.  60% ANSI plus an arrow cluster.

Hope this helps!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1549 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:40:38 »
(Attachment Link)
Rev A GH60 'samwisekoi' layout.  60% ANSI plus an arrow cluster.

Yes to this.