Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624572 times)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1550 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:33:40 »
I'm still catching up with older PMs and order changes. I'll ask Ron again and once he confirms, I'll make the plate change. It's also questionable where the 1x key on the split R-shift should be, so I need to ask him about this as well.

Naturally, all my designs for this particular item are at home while I am at work, but here is the Rev A version of the GH60 'samwisekoi' design.  It is fundamentally normal ANSI except for the lower RH corner, where an inverted T arrow set has been squeezed in.  (This is the best alignment that the GH60 can support for the UP and DOWN arrow keys.)  The bottom row is 1.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 - 6.25 - 1.5 - 1 - 1 - 1.5.  The ANSI R-Shift has been split into 1 - 1.75.

In this layout, you will have to put tilde/backtick in a function layer, but except for the 1.5 RIGHT arrow key, all the other keys are readily obtainable.

(Attachment Link)
Rev A GH60 'samwisekoi' layout.  60% ANSI plus an arrow cluster.

Hope this helps!

- Ron | samwisekoi

this staggered arrows layout is pretty close if not the same to wasd!
Great work!

Offline cyberwave

« Reply #1551 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:38:52 »
I'm still catching up with older PMs and order changes. I'll ask Ron again and once he confirms, I'll make the plate change. It's also questionable where the 1x key on the split R-shift should be, so I need to ask him about this as well.

Naturally, all my designs for this particular item are at home while I am at work, but here is the Rev A version of the GH60 'samwisekoi' design.  It is fundamentally normal ANSI except for the lower RH corner, where an inverted T arrow set has been squeezed in.  (This is the best alignment that the GH60 can support for the UP and DOWN arrow keys.)  The bottom row is 1.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 - 6.25 - 1.5 - 1 - 1 - 1.5.  The ANSI R-Shift has been split into 1 - 1.75.

In this layout, you will have to put tilde/backtick in a function layer, but except for the 1.5 RIGHT arrow key, all the other keys are readily obtainable.

(Attachment Link)

Hope this helps!

- Ron | samwisekoi

i'd like this :)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1552 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:46:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Hope this helps!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Wow, I want one of these plates now :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1553 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:46:43 »
Is the Samwisekoi Layout supported with the Universal ANSI plate?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1554 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:58:39 »
It's amazing one small key change can have. I'm just waiting for Ron to confirm my PM before I make the official change to the plate and layout.

Yes, universal plate supports the samwisekoi layout.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1555 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 18:13:59 »
It's amazing one small key change can have. I'm just waiting for Ron to confirm my PM before I make the official change to the plate and layout.

This info is only pertinent for people who have already preordered his plate before the deadline, right?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1556 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 18:37:46 »

Yes, universal plate supports the samwisekoi layout.

YGPM!
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1557 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 19:49:18 »
Why must I want everything?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1558 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 16:30:35 »
Here is the correction to samwisekoi's layout. One thing to note about this is that the extra 1x key next to the R-shift is still on the left. On the Pure layout, this is the "~" key, placed on the right of the R-shift. Also bottom row uses 1.25, 1.5x, and 1x key sizes so make sure you willing to look for appropriate caps. I'll send out a few PMs to those that could be affected by this change.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #1559 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 17:26:20 »
I'm sure this was probably discussed earlier but I don't want to dig through all the threads but will the GH60 support custom backlighting?  I'm hoping to light the wasd cluster with white, the esc in red, and the RGB modifiers in their respective colors.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1560 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 17:34:10 »
I'm sure this was probably discussed earlier but I don't want to dig through all the threads but will the GH60 support custom backlighting?  I'm hoping to light the wasd cluster with white, the esc in red, and the RGB modifiers in their respective colors.

I don't think the backlighting situation is fully resolved, but from what I remember, there will be some keys that are backlit, but mostly your standard ones.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1561 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 17:38:11 »
I may be wrong about this, but isn't the plate for HHKB incorrect? Shouldn't there be two holes where the backspace with stabs are?

Edit - Perhaps WFD used the wrong plate photo :P

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 May 2013, 17:40:49 by Jocelyn »

Offline mauri

« Reply #1562 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 18:01:38 »
universal plates have the huge gaps for a big left shift,  do they still support short left shift? Someone said earlier they support the samwisekoi layout, which has one but I have to be sure.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 May 2013, 18:07:40 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1563 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 21:31:22 »
Jocelyn, you're correct in that there should be two hole cutouts in the backspace, and that it's the wrong picture. I accidentally used the same pic twice, from the plate right above it.

Dam correcting this will be a ***** because it'll mess up all the picture order :/

universal plates have the huge gaps for a big left shift,  do they still support short left shift? Someone said earlier they support the samwisekoi layout, which has one but I have to be sure.

Universal plates support all possible layouts pictured. There's just no interconversion between ISO and ANSI because of the Enter key, that's why there's a universal plate for both ANSI and ISO.

Offline noxwood

« Reply #1564 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 22:07:00 »
Considering the large amount of orders, is it reasonable to assume that somebody will cancel/a subsequent order could be substituted?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1565 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 22:19:31 »
Just like with all group buys, there will always be someone that cancels later, but likewise there will always be someone that missed the GB and wants in.

I'm guess you're part of the 2nd group lol

Offline Aranair

• Software Engineer @ PocketMath
    • Tech blog
« Reply #1566 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 23:31:03 »
mm, just a quick question/confirmation:

There is no way to get this configuration right?
- long right shift,
- split backspace,
- HHKB/WKL style 1.5 mods for bottom row.

Present  : HHKB Pro 2 Type-S White | HHKB Pro 2 White Blank | Ergodox EZ
Past      :  Poker 2 Brown | Black Widow Ultimate Blue | Filco TKL Brown

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1567 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 23:33:48 »
mm, just a quick question/confirmation:

There is no way to get this configuration right?
- long right shift,
- split backspace,
- HHKB/WKL style 1.5 mods for bottom row.

Yes, the PCB supports it. You can go without a plate, and use PCB mount switches, or use the Universal (ANSI or ISO) plate.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Aranair

• Tech blog
« Reply #1568 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 23:45:39 »
Ah, okay. mmm. Are there any drawbacks on using a universal plate, as opposed to one thats fixed to a certain config?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1569 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 23:50:44 »
Ah, okay. mmm. Are there any drawbacks on using a universal plate, as opposed to one thats fixed to a certain config?

You must use cherry PCB stabilizers with the universal plate. That's really about it.

Offline Aranair

• Tech blog
« Reply #1570 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 23:53:22 »
Ah, I see. Thanks! I'll have to quickly consider the config again D:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1571 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 00:11:33 »
Ah, I see. Thanks! I'll have to quickly consider the config again D:

You do know ordering closed over a week ago, right?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #1572 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 01:36:15 »
speaking of, when is invoicing!?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1573 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 07:22:23 »
Once they finish all the order changes and count/price everything.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1574 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:45:47 »

Probably won't happen until the end of the week. We're still waiting to get final quotes back from the PCB company. It may be a tad lower than $30 for presoldered PCBs  :). Everything else has been counted already.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1575 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:48:23 »

Probably won't happen until the end of the week. We're still waiting to get final quotes back from the PCB company. It may be a tad lower than $30 for presoldered PCBs  :). Everything else has been counted already.
A $10~ reduction is a nice surprise. Thanks for the update.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1576 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 13:00:10 »
I'll be stoked if it comes in a little cheaper than $30. 

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1577 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 22:44:39 »
I'll be stoked if it comes in a little cheaper than $30.
Same here! So I would guess money collection might run passed the 13th? No later than the 27th?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1578 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 03:00:45 »
Hey dude can you reply to the PMs I sent you? I'm trying to collaborate with you, and it's so hard to get things done when you don't communicate. I just want to know if your source can deliver earlier as mine and if so, I want to order some switches from your source.

Thanks!

;-)
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1579 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 05:03:30 »
Oh did you PM me? Sure, just fill in the order form with which switch and how many you need. It’s a late order, but since I’m such a nice guy, I’ll allow it.

Thanks!

;-)

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1580 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 05:14:38 »
Sorry, this was not my question.

My question is:

Will it make sense to order from you?
It does not make sense if your supplier does not have them in stock and waiting time is the same as for ordering from my supplier.

Also, I don't know the price including shipping to me.

Offline mauri

« Reply #1581 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 07:37:41 »

Offline T0ken

« Reply #1582 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:55:39 »

My question is:

It does not make sense if your supplier does not have them in stock and waiting time is the same as for ordering from my supplier.

...So I can;t be the only one here who is confused...I cancelled my switches from this GB to order from 7 bit directly and now 7 bit is trying to order from this GB...I thought switches from this GB were coming later than 7 bit...

I know things are volatile, but can someone shed light here on how we can best guarantee that can get switches by the earliest possible time?
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:58:01 by T0ken »

Offline mauri

« Reply #1583 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:16:18 »

My question is:

...So I can;t be the only one here who is confused...I cancelled my switches from this GB to order from 7 bit directly and now 7 bit is trying to order from this GB...I thought switches from this GB were coming later than 7 bit...

I know things are volatile, but can someone shed light here on how we can best guarantee that can get switches by the earliest possible time?

Haha, I did the same, but frankly I don't think it matters cause afaik the pcbs, plates and stabs are not posted until late summer or fall (?) and so are 7bits switches (sep-oct?) And I don't think he is trying to order them from the gb, he's merely trying to pry whether should he change supplier for this gb. Or I'm just as clueless and confused as you :d
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:19:07 by mauri »

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #1584 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:45:50 »
Rumors say that certain switches will be available through another secret source somewhere in East Asia, which had been discovered by the GB organisers.

If this source can deliver within less time or at lesat is cheaper then it would be better if I would order from this source too.

Even better, those GH60-tagged orders could be sent directly to the WhiteFireDragon.

This might be cheaper (I would not be involved with these orders) and I could refund the too much paid money or just forward it to the WhiteFireDragon.

I need to know: Which switches are available (exact product codes) and if they are in stock or not. Does not make sense for me to wait even longer.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1585 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:54:28 »
Our supplier has MX Red, Brown, Blue, Black, Green, Dark Grey. Both plate mount and PCB mount.

I'm not sure if they have stock to fill orders above the numbers I gave him. Greens are short stocked, but he says the Greens will be delivered in September.

in memoriam

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1586 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 18:00:47 »
Our supplier has MX Red, Brown, Blue, Black, Green, Dark Grey. Both plate mount and PCB mount.

I'm not sure if they have stock to fill orders above the numbers I gave him. Greens are short stocked, but he says the Greens will be delivered in September.

What about light grey?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1587 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 18:25:06 »
What about light grey?

Nope, they can't get tactile grays

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #1588 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 18:35:06 »
Question re: assembly:

If someone orders a universal plate (and switches and assembly fee), but isn't yet sure which optional config to use (standard alphanumeric placement notwithstanding)...

What happens? Partial assembly, sans mods?

Would adding pcb-mounted switches in the 'universal' holes (requirement of universal plate), after the rest of the switches have been plate mounted, be problematic? (adding pcb-mounted switches/stabs to an already mostly plate-mounted board?)
Logitech G710+

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Re: Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1589 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 18:51:38 »
What about light grey?

Nope, they can't get tactile grays

So, what do I do? Do I change my order?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: Re: Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1590 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 18:54:49 »

Probably. Choices would be to cancel, change to a different switch color, or order clears/gray tactile from 7bit or somewhere else. 

PS - Grays and clears use the same stem.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GH60 Group Buy (CLOSED)
« Reply #1591 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 19:10:05 »

Probably. Choices would be to cancel, change to a different switch color, or order clears/gray tactile from 7bit or somewhere else. 

PS - Grays and clears use the same stem.

If i order from 7bit, how do I make sure it gets to the right person?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1592 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 19:51:47 »
UPDATE:

THE SWITCH SUPPLIER JUST INFORMED ME THAT THE ONLY GREY SWITCHES HE HAS ARE ACTUALLY LINEAR (DARK GREY).

THESE WILL NOT WORK FOR "ERGO-CLEAR" MOD.

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION, AS I WAS JUST INFORMED OF THIS JUST NOW. IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL SWITCHES, PLEASE SUBMIT AN ORDER CHANGE REQUEST.

You can still order MX Clear or MX Grey (tactile) from 7bit on Deskthority, or we will place the order with 7bit if you order them through this GB.

I guess I should have kept reposting this on every page. :(

in memoriam

Offline Sai

« Reply #1593 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 20:09:21 »

or on your sig?  :p
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #1594 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 20:15:57 »
after JD helped me with my order a month or so ago i made a choice to not change my order no matter what. if i want something different i will just order it and have more keyboard parts. i felt this even stronger when i saw the spreadsheet and all the nonsense switch orders.

i am pretty stoked for this. got my hakko 888d yesterday and i am going to rip through some ebay boards for the hell of it and switch collecting. plus practice.  another thing i am thinking about is making ergo clears, but here is the thing. i love blues and hate browns (the only mx switch i do not like). will i like ergo clears? i think browns feel scratchy.

keep it wu-tang mother****ers.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1595 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 21:50:52 »
UPDATE:

THE SWITCH SUPPLIER JUST INFORMED ME THAT THE ONLY GREY SWITCHES HE HAS ARE ACTUALLY LINEAR (DARK GREY).

THESE WILL NOT WORK FOR "ERGO-CLEAR" MOD.

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION, AS I WAS JUST INFORMED OF THIS JUST NOW. IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL SWITCHES, PLEASE SUBMIT AN ORDER CHANGE REQUEST.

You can still order MX Clear or MX Grey (tactile) from 7bit on Deskthority, or we will place the order with 7bit if you order them through this GB.

So, I can key my gb order setup with the light greys then. This sounds good.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1596 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:28:28 »
Can I get tactile grey switches?  Maybe I should send you a PM...
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #1597 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 09:10:51 »

all of these switches are $0.6 each?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1598 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 09:39:01 »

all of these switches are $0.6 each?
Negative ghost rider! 60 cent each (if we're lucky) will most likely be a little more.

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1599 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 09:49:50 »
Can we expect the invoicing to be done by early next month? I'm in no hurry. In fact, it would benefit me if the payment deadline was extended until around June 5th.