Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624519 times)

Offline madderoftime

Re: GH60 Group Buy (INVOICING)
« Reply #2100 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 15:43:17 »
"BE STEADFAST IN THE FAITH AND DILIGENT IN PRAYER!! YOU MUST BELIEVE!! LET THE POSITIVE ENERGY FLOW!!!" (Read like a red faced preacher during a sermon.)

^-^
GH60 Nevermore

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #2101 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 15:45:36 »
I paid my invoice as I completely forgot about it. )_)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #2102 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 16:27:15 »
dont enter a GB without the money set aside for invoicing people!!!

don't lose your job for no reason at the behest of your former employer's willingness to violate various federal laws hururhru

also, i thought i paid this the other night, but i guess i didn't or it didn't go through or some such.  just paid (hopefully not) again.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 June 2013, 16:31:31 by precarious »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2103 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 16:37:53 »

don't lose your job for no reason at the behest of your former employer's willingness to violate various federal laws hururhru

If this happened to you, I empathize with your situation, and wish you better luck.

However, if you (anyone) can't pay, please let us know so we can cancel your order. Why wait until the last minute and make us drop it, when we could proceed with ordering switches, stabilizers, PCBs, etc.? You just hold things up for everyone else when you simply don't pay and don't communicate with the organizers. This is true for all GBs, not just this one.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline korne

• comscan
« Reply #2104 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 16:57:12 »
Paid

Offline Winther

« Reply #2105 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 18:12:32 »
I will be paying in two days, havent forgotten about it! :)

Offline jabar

« Reply #2106 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 19:09:41 »
I changed my mind about wanting a custom 60% now that I have an FC660C. Sue me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 June 2013, 19:11:51 by jabar »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline bear95

« Reply #2107 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 19:16:44 »

ok

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2108 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 19:38:30 »

And you've told who that's in charge of billing or order organization?

That's the whole point of frustration.  People decide, whenever they decide, to get out of the buy but then don't tell anyone and leave dozens of others in limbo until we can't wait any longer.

Offline jabar

« Reply #2109 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 20:15:10 »
Well if it's going to be a ****storm since I ****ed up, sure I'll pay for it. I sure hope this doesn't end up like Phantom V2 did.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2110 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 20:35:53 »
and the claws are out...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2111 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 20:46:23 »
Payment incoming in a few days.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #2112 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:07:23 »

If this happened to you, I empathize with your situation, and wish you better luck.

However, if you (anyone) can't pay, please let us know so we can cancel your order. Why wait until the last minute and make us drop it, when we could proceed with ordering switches, stabilizers, PCBs, etc.? You just hold things up for everyone else when you simply don't pay and don't communicate with the organizers. This is true for all GBs, not just this one.

telling people "you have until X date to pay" justifies waiting until before that date to pay

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2113 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:53:34 »
Actually, invoice payments were due on the date the invoice was sent. We make allowances for people who may not have the funds to pay right away by setting a hard deadline, beyond which your order will be dropped if not paid. However, a little communication in that regard would be nice. A simple PM saying that you're still in, but need until X date to get the funds together would work. But when it's been several weeks since the invoices went out, and we haven't heard anything from someone regarding an outstanding invoice, we start to think that person simply has no intention of paying and begin to look for other ways to move the GB forward.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2114 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 23:24:58 »
Paid.

I know. I'm late.

Sorry.

Offline limmy

« Reply #2115 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 23:34:58 »
Paid my invoice. Sorry it was too late.

I didn't understand why shipping cost was so high. But now that I have shipped several international mails myself, I understand.. International shipping costs are so HIGH! I hope USPS don't raise the price again before this group buy is over.

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2116 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 23:49:34 »
you are actually not late since the deadline is the 30th.

Offline netdevil

« Reply #2117 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:27:18 »
Will be paying the invoice at end of the week haven't forgotten this the least bit...

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #2118 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:16:40 »
Paid.  Apologies for being late, had some unanticipated medical expenses this month.
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2119 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:25:48 »
Since some people are dropping is it too late to add an order and pay for it right away?  I would really like in on this.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Winther

« Reply #2120 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:07:06 »
Actually, invoice payments were due on the date the invoice was sent. We make allowances for people who may not have the funds to pay right away by setting a hard deadline, beyond which your order will be dropped if not paid. However, a little communication in that regard would be nice. A simple PM saying that you're still in, but need until X date to get the funds together would work. But when it's been several weeks since the invoices went out, and we haven't heard anything from someone regarding an outstanding invoice, we start to think that person simply has no intention of paying and begin to look for other ways to move the GB forward.

Any chance you could answer if there is a lower shipping rate before I pay the invoice? I wouldnt mind waiting on it a little longer if I can save a little on it..! :)

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #2121 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:40:49 »
Since so many people are trying to get in on this that missed out I'd consider letting someone take my order if its cool with WFD.  I already paid the invoice but didn't go forward with buying the switches through deskthority so you'd have to source those yourself.  I'm going to opt for a GH75 when those are released instead of the 60.

my order is:

1 x Costar stabs
1 gh 60 pcb
1 ansi 1.5x plate

<3

-wd
-wd

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2122 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:45:18 »
Since some people are dropping is it too late to add an order and pay for it right away?  I would really like in on this.

We aren't opening this back up for orders. Once the non-paying order drop deadline has passed (June 30), there likely will be some orders available for people wanting in to pick up.

Any chance you could answer if there is a lower shipping rate before I pay the invoice? I wouldnt mind waiting on it a little longer if I can save a little on it..! :)

I would answer if I could. tjcaustin sent out the invoices, so I have no clue what your shipping charge was. And komar007 will be shipping non-US orders from his location in Poland. So I really have no idea.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:47:27 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #2123 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 14:05:15 »

Your order contains 2 GH60s and 2 plates. That's close to $100. I just wouldn't risk putting that into an envelope and sending without tracking.
What's your current shipping cost? If it's $18, it really can't be lower.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline Winther

« Reply #2124 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 14:21:34 »

Your order contains 2 GH60s and 2 plates. That's close to $100. I just wouldn't risk putting that into an envelope and sending without tracking.
What's your current shipping cost? If it's $18, it really can't be lower.

Its 21usd.. just saw someone else having it changed to 5usd but if its a lot of trouble sending out a new invoice with 18usd shipping then I will just pay the one I have now, no problem! :)

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #2125 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 14:30:08 »
Then it seems to be a mistake...
I think you could ask tjcaustin why it's so. Apparently one of us made a mistake somewhere.

Offline Winther

« Reply #2126 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 15:02:06 »
Then it seems to be a mistake...
I think you could ask tjcaustin why it's so. Apparently one of us made a mistake somewhere.

Well if its only 3usd I can save without having it sent without insurance, then I wont bother and just pay the invoice now...? :)

Offline nil

« Reply #2127 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:48:30 »
Since so many people are trying to get in on this that missed out I'd consider letting someone take my order if its cool with WFD.  I already paid the invoice but didn't go forward with buying the switches through deskthority so you'd have to source those yourself.  I'm going to opt for a GH75 when those are released instead of the 60.

my order is:

1 x Costar stabs
1 gh 60 pcb
1 ansi 1.5x plate

<3

-wd

I'd love to take that off your hands if I could add the Assembly Service on top. If someone gives the go ahead, I can order my desired 60x MX Blue switches from deskthority, put that through to be shipped to one of the GH60 distributors, and pay ASAP.
Keyboard: On the perpetual, holy grail quest for my own GH60.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2128 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:54:32 »
If anyone ordered a PUre plate and decides they don't want it, let me know.

Offline amadews

« Reply #2129 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:28:38 »
hy my name is Georgian and i am from romania i like if anyone have leftover bare PCB and can give it to my i will be happy  i will pay for the bare pcb  and the rest hope to find in my mainboards and what i have if anyone can help my here is a msm id : deletet.file on yahoo

Offline miscsubbin

« Reply #2130 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 18:45:29 »
Will the OP be updated once the PCB is finalized?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2131 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 19:49:59 »
I wish these would be finished already. I have everything else I need for these just sitting there, feeling abandoned and homeless.  :'(

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2132 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 20:27:23 »
I wish these would be finished already. I have everything else I need for these just sitting there, feeling abandoned and homeless.  :'(

same here :(

Offline jabar

« Reply #2133 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 21:06:36 »
Yeah that was the case with my Phantom because it was a huge mess. I really hope that isn't the case here.

Phantom 7bit

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2134 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 22:48:45 »
Yeah that was the case with my Phantom because it was a huge mess. I really hope that isn't the case here.

You had some problem with the Phantom PCB group buy organized by bavman, or maybe the Phantom plate GB organized by WFD?

Group buys are a process, not a sale. These things take time, sometimes several months, to complete. I think I've tried to convey that the timeline for this buy will extend into the third quarter of this year, if not later.

None of the organizers of this GB have disappeared or failed to give status updates, ever. I have a full time job and a family, but I help organize this GB not for my own profit, but for the benefit of this community and its members. I appreciate everyone who has thanked us for doing this.

in memoriam

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #2135 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 23:22:31 »
I'm just happy I was able to get into the process and "join the community." BTW if you need someone to distribute in USA let me know.
I still hope to be able to get a couple more plates somehow. Missing 2 from what I have so far. Even one more would be nice.
Anyone have a source for bulk switches right now? I need to locate more of those. Grays, Blues and Greens.
Next question is I saw a picture of a GH "Extra keys" pad that was separate form your driver. For a Tkey to the right of the mouse or to program with macros. Can someone point me to some info on that?
GH60 Nevermore

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2136 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 23:42:44 »
I put in an order just in case. Let me know if there will be any extras. Depending on the time frame I might buy 3 or 4 total.

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #2137 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 01:04:34 »
Could someone tell me if the plate from a phantom matches up to this board I realize the differences that are obvious all the other keys and mount holes. I am referring to the switch placements for say the HHK150 from the plate group buy for the phantom.
GH60 Nevermore

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #2138 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 06:43:53 »
Could someone tell me if the plate from a phantom matches up to this board I realize the differences that are obvious all the other keys and mount holes. I am referring to the switch placements for say the HHK150 from the plate group buy for the phantom.

Sure, if you're willing to cut the plate down to size and possibly drill holes for the screw locations. The switch holes in the plate will match up to switch locations in the GH60 PCB,

However, if you have a place that can do laser cutting, I can provide you with GH60 plate drawings upon request, for you to have them made locally. Or, The_Beast is sometimes willing to have plates made by his laser cutting guy, you would just have to ask via PM.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 June 2013, 06:45:30 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline nil

« Reply #2139 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:28:52 »
I just want to make this clear since not all the GH60 orders have specified the spacebar wire size. If they're not specified, does the distributor/seller try to obtain the spacebar wire which fits the plate accompanied with the order? For example, I'm paying for whiteduck's order since he's offering it to me instead, and he has on the order:

1 x Costar stabs
1 gh 60 pcb
1 ansi 1.5x plate

I assume this will go along with a 7x spacebar wire? (the length required for the ANSI 1.5x plate I think)
Keyboard: On the perpetual, holy grail quest for my own GH60.

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #2140 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:56:53 »

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #2141 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:48:15 »
So would you have to choose between full backlighting and using those extra pins for something like the ghpad?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2142 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 19:00:31 »
However, if you have a place that can do laser cutting, I can provide you with GH60 plate drawings upon request, for you to have them made locally. Or, The_Beast is sometimes willing to have plates made by his laser cutting guy, you would just have to ask via PM.

What sort of ballpark price could I expect to pay to have someone make them locally?  $30, $60, $100 (god I hope not)?  I have no idea so I'm just curious.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #2143 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 20:47:51 »

What sort of ballpark price could I expect to pay to have someone make them locally?  $30, $60, $100 (god I hope not)?  I have no idea so I'm just curious.
Probably 100+ for a one off.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2144 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 21:02:26 »
$50ish! FO SHO!  ;)
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Winther

« Reply #2145 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 21:18:45 »
Paid..

So the final version will have option for Full LED lighting?! really nice Komar!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2146 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 23:09:44 »

Probably 100+ for a one off.

:eek:  Eeeek!  Well then...    ;D  Guess I'll be sticking with the plates I've already ordered...

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #2147 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 01:44:41 »
So would you have to choose between full backlighting and using those extra pins for something like the ghpad?

Both yes and no. With a bit of clever programming it should be possible to use the 4 GPIO lines both to read the numpad and communicate with the backlight module.

Offline vorn

« Reply #2148 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 02:37:37 »
Great work Komar!!

With these new LED options, what's the protocol for updating our preferred configuration if we've chosen to make use of the Assembly Service? I'll obviously wait till the PCB is finalised though.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2149 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 02:58:42 »
Love the new LED option.  Just wondering, how does it work?  Will we be able to solder in any old through hole resistor to get the appropriate voltage for our LED of choice or will it be an SMD resistor with a set range that we'll have to try and fit in?