Author Topic: Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK  (Read 45039 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 01:24:49 »
EK are unlikely to reveal all the situations they would consider cheating - which is understandable, as that would give rise to other ideas.

Ultimately if you have different names, email addressi, PayPal addressi, delivery addressi etc. they are more likely to consider that several people share one common computer, such as might happen in an internet cafe or university or similar.

Different family members living in the same address might pose more of a problem - in a way I am lucky that my other half is not also a collector of Clacks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:43:36 »
8 days more

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Sniping

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 21:42:23 »
Does anyone know if I'm allowed to enter for both the MX and Topre clack raffle under all the same info? Is it just one clack entry per person regardless of the stem or can I enter for both?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 21:42:58 »
Does anyone know if I'm allowed to enter for both the MX and Topre clack raffle under all the same info? Is it just one clack entry per person regardless of the stem or can I enter for both?

You may enter for both
do you have a topre and mx keyboard?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 22:48:03 »

You can make one entry for each keycap, so two entries in total for you - one for MX and one for Topre.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 23:01:48 »
Black from the very depths themselves, and red from the brightest fires, glowing like embers against the blackness.

Offline AuRinBei

87u || Poker 2

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 09:03:06 »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 09:03:43 »
^ resin

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 09:03:58 »
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf_5c_now

Just curious, what material are those?

ground-up crunchwrap supremes

So PBT then?

Lol no, they are hand made, so it's not the usual stuff you find in most keycaps. Not saying it's impossible to be either abs, pbt or pom, the the chances are high that it's something else.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 09:10:57 »

You may enter for both

It doesn't matter if you have one of either or none. Enter for both. Everyone else will be doing the same.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 10:16:08 »
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf_5c_now

Just curious, what material are those?

ground-up crunchwrap supremes

So PBT then?

Lol no, they are hand made, so it's not the usual stuff you find in most keycaps. Not saying it's impossible to be either abs, pbt or pom, the the chances are high that it's something else.

Whatever they are made of they make people jelly haha

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 11:30:53 »
They should be made of resin as far as I can tell.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 14:40:37 »
They should be made of resin as far as I can tell.
Yep

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:14:12 »
Isn't this just a week long? Doesn't that make the drawing today?
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 15:26:37 »

This drawing ends at 23:59:59 PDT on 2013/10/03

Tomorrow night.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 04:02:35 »

Tomorrow night.

In Australia it is less than five hours away, but all you guys are living in the past, so it is still many hours away.

Offline xiaokucha

• Singing in the rain
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 05:27:59 »

Tomorrow night.

In Australia it is less than five hours away, but all you guys are living in the past, so it is still many hours away.

Fly to US, TIME TRAVEL!!!
B4DD00D5

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 05:37:39 »

You may enter for both

It doesn't matter if you have one of either or none. Enter for both. Everyone else will be doing the same.

I only went for MX, does that make me a bad person :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 06:00:31 »

You may enter for both

I used to do this back when I only had MX keyboards.

Now I have MX, Thorpe and BS keyboards :)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 06:02:32 »

You may enter for both

BS clacks are the best, you get the most plastic for your money :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:13:34 »

You may enter for both

BS clacks are the best, you get the most plastic for your money :D

I would like to get the most plastic for my money, or indeed any CC plastic for my money, but I mostly keep missing out.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:19:38 »
So how long before these go on sale in the classifieds for big $$$$

Who will be first?

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:43:31 »

Who will be first?

If I 'win' one, I won't sell it. If anything, I'd like to trade for a color that matches the miami set in some way. But either way, I'd enjoy it.
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:47:21 »

Who will be first?

I wonder whats first: "WTB Night Owl" or "WTS Night Owl"... or is it "WTT Night Owl for *insert rare clack in here*"

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:51:36 »
If I win an mx, I will be super happy. If I win a topre, I will still be very happy but will probably trade it for another clac since I don't have a topre board, but still, being my first clac I would consider keeping it and finding somewhere to show it since it would be my first clac and a very cool one too.

But my hopes are not so high. Still "crossing fingers"!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:56:57 »
So what if someone wants to sell it when they win? If you win the clack and you want to keep it, you have received your prize. If you win the clack and want to sell, you get your prize upon selling it.

You guys talk about it like it is some sort of immoral act. We all buy keyboards we don't intend to keep for $5 from people who don't know what they have at garage sales and then sell them for $35-$500.

say la vee.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:58:33 »
if the demand for CC went down the profit margin would decrease thus making less people want CC's just to sell. Simple economics.
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:59:36 »
If I win an mx, I will be super happy. If I win a topre, I will still be very happy but will probably trade it for another clac since I don't have a topre board, but still, being my first clac I would consider keeping it and finding somewhere to show it since it would be my first clac and a very cool one too.

But my hopes are not so high. Still "crossing fingers"!

I believe the correct answer was, "If I win a topre, I'll buy a Topre board for it"

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:00:43 »
I wonder whats first: "WTB Night Owl" or "WTS Night Owl"... or is it "WTT Night Owl for *insert rare clack in here*"
TW Night Owl.

John

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:02:41 »
Good luck John =)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:05:23 »
TW Night Owl.

John

Hahaha  :thumb:

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:15:03 »
Ditto

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:24:17 »
Jimmies will be rustled tonight/tomorrow

good luck all my friends

Offline Sniping

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:26:23 »
Tonight's the night....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 17:10:29 »

Who will be first?

You mean there's none there already?

So what price do we expect them to sell for in classifieds initially?  Retail?  Retail + 50%?  Double?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 17:12:02 »
So what price do we expect them to sell for in classifieds initially?  Retail?

lol

Retail + 50%?

LOL

Double?

LMFAO

Oh you...

Offline acer589

• Gotta get out of college
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:37:58 »
So soon....
MX Blue Black Widow Ultimate    MX Black Quickfire Rapid TKL    MX Black Poker II

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:42:22 »
Those who entered the contest with the sole intent on selling it or trading it for another CC would be wise to wait at least a month to do so. There will be butthurt either way.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:43:03 »
Those who entered the contest with the sole intent on selling it or trading it for another CC would be wise to wait at least a month to do so. There will be butthurt either way.

I don't negotiate with butthurt.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:45:19 »

I don't negotiate with butthurt.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:49:02 »

I don't see any issue with selling after you receive it in the mail, not that I ever would. The classifieds don't even allow preemptive sales anyway, right? That one time was under different circumstances which is why the torches were brought out. I.E. begging CC-getting a golden ticket-immediate turnaround.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:51:11 »
The classifieds don't even allow preemptive sales anyway, right? That one time was under different circumstances which is why the torches were brought out. I.E. begging CC-getting a golden ticket-immediate turnaround.

The last preemptive sale

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 21:52:36 »

I can understand the anger over selling it for huge profit, but I can't figure out why anyone would be mad over trading it for a different clack.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 21:59:38 »

I can understand the anger over selling it for huge profit, but I can't figure out why anyone would be mad over trading it for a different clack.

Yeah I agree, I really can't see the problem with it.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:04:43 »

Yeah I agree, I really can't see the problem with it.
Trading is cool.  Begging CC for a dibs ticket then flipping for profit before you even receive it is not.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:11:20 »
I'm guessing the drawing is over now? It only lasts one night right?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:13:34 »
I'm guessing the drawing is over now? It only lasts one night right?

i think it's midnight pacific time..not like i know or anything  :thumb:

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 22:13:42 »
~4 hrs til the end