Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Nominate a Bro [OVER!]  (Read 17859 times)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Nominate a Bro
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:22:34 »
To TJ for picking up after the GH60 buy that was just dumped onto him, and he deserves one for all the **** coming from people he has to deal with. Without him GH60 would be even more delayed for the community and he has helped every single person involved in that GB, completely out of his way while doing so.

Yeah that deserves even more than a bro! Very generous of him to do...

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:48:32 »
I nominate IvanIvanovich for a lot of awesome GB :P
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:52:24 »
I vote for Melvang. The reason that I vote for him is pretty simple. For me, Bro Caps is the representative of the Brotherhood, it is just like the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3. A Bro Cap looks cool but serious and neat. Melvang is very helpful. Like other active members on this forum, he is the one who shares his knowledge regarding the mechanics as well as the current running GB. That's why I vote for him, for me, he deserves to receive a Green Bro Caps, the symbol of hope and spring. :thumb:
I like linear switches

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 04:47:03 »
I nominate Toxic-i-. Why? I am a Bro-less fan of your ART. I Send the Topre Bro to an other Person, who is also bro-less. I pay the shipping to the other Person :)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 06:04:14 »
I would nominate u=2140 because you-know-why.

Offline Distilled

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 06:26:02 »
I have a nomination here for cottonsox.

Now like many in the community Cottonsox has held give aways, given sage advice, and generally gone out of his way to help others. However, in a community like GH I feel that this is the rule rather than the exception. What I feel makes him deserving is that he goes beyond just the keyboard hobby and talks to people like they are his bros. A simple PM entitled "How you going" with a genuine interest in the person behind the keyboard rather than just the hobby is an action that is deserving of a Bro nomination IMO.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:26:32 »
Got a few people I'd like to nominate:

Terrpn
I know I already mentioned him in riot's giveaway thread but I'd like to mention him again. Terrpn has been quite generous in helping me get into the fountain pen hobby. I really enjoy that like terrpn, there are a lot of people on the forum who you can just PM and chat about whatever is on your mind :). Terrpn PMed me out of the blue when he noticed I had taken an interest in fountain pens and has helped me learn much more about this new hobby. And he's gifted me some stunning pens:

I'm gonna nominate terrpn.

He reached out to me after he discovered I was getting into fountain pens. I love chatting about my hobbies so we started talking about this and that. Then one day, he goes, I'm sending you a fountain pen as a surprise.

Show Image

He sent me this Pelikan M200 with a Warranted 14K music nib. I was on like QFR level and he sends me this pen that skyrockets me into the next level. Like modded Filco/GON with 65g Clears level. He told me the other day that it was his first Pelikan and now it's my first Pelikan. That's so awesome. This pen will probably never leave my collection. But maybe I'll gift it to someone one day like terrpn did for me.

Melvang
Melvang has been doing a lot of really interesting projects lately. He offered to make a bunch of custom paracord keypullers to giveaway at Keycon, he's running the Enabler GB so that the community will have another DIY keyboard option, and he recently picked up a mill so that he can expand his projects and offerings. I think he's still working on his custom keyboard and he's perpetually coming up with new cool ideas (Panavise PCB holder?).

And to be honest, how he does all this while working too many hours and raising a family is beyond me. I'm just glad he puts out as much stuff as he does!

Vibex

At Keycon West 2014, Vibex brought his JD40 and unveiled this crazy custom layout that he had devised for himself. We were all so taken with this odd layout that we asked him a ton of questions....and then it snowballed into us telling Vibex he was giving a presentation on it on Day 2. And he totally stepped up and gave a great presentation! I had weeks to prepare for mine and I thought it went poorly but Vibex's couldn't have had much prep and it was great! Major props for the quick planning!

And thank you for the kind words Longzilla, clacktalk, and katushkin <3.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:53:24 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:37:05 »
Got a few people I'd like to nominate:

Melvang
Melvang has been doing a lot of really interesting projects lately. He offered to make a bunch of custom paracord keypullers to giveaway at Keycon, he's running the Enabler GB so that the community will have another DIY keyboard option, and he recently picked up a mill so that he can expand his projects and offerings. I think he's still working on his custom keyboard and he's perpetually coming up with new cool ideas (Panavise PCB holder?).

And to be honest, how he does all this while working too many hours and raising a family is beyond me. I'm just glad he puts out as much stuff as he does!

I have yet to purchase said mill but that will be happening.  While I appreciate the sentiments I haven't really done a whole lot.  Yeah I got the Enabler group buy going and I have made some PCB holder brackets for the Panavise and what not but really in the grand scheme of things I don't think it has been a whole lot.

There are three people I would like to nominate though.

Mkawa
For his incredible over abundence of energy when it comes to this site.  From running geekhackers.org, to the Smallfry 40% with TITANIUM plates group buy, to all the keyboard science he does for the community, and all while in the middle of moving and having major issues with his car completely out of his control.

Second, would be whoever donated all the stabilizers for the Smallfry group buy.  This was totally above and beyond the scope of anything I have seen aside from a few of the giveaways.

And finally, whoever got the ball rolling again on the GH60 group buy.  I haven't been following that thread but I have been skimming here and there.  From what I have seen one of the organizers sort of dropped out without much warning so someone else stepped up out of nowhere and got that ball rolling again.

My hats off to all of you guys.  Sorry, I couldn't name my second and third nominee.  I have been up a little over 24 hours so I can sleep during the day today for work tonight.  Got another 4 days of 12 hour shifts coming up.   But you think that is going to slow down my posting?  Not a chance. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:44:27 »
Awe, CPT stole my thunder with the Vibex nomination. I was basically going to say the exact thing you did, CPT. Vibex's JWUP layout is the new Colemak. :)
+1 for Vibex.

I would also like to nominate Smasher816. He wanted a Bluetooth HHKB, so he decided to do something about it. First, he modded his HHKB with a Teensy, following hasu's circuit diagram. Then he wrote a nice guide to Teensy modding the HHKB, so that others in the community could benefit from a step-by-step instruction based on his experience. Then he added a Bluetooth mod to his HHKB, again following hasu's diagrams. He brought the BT HHKB with him to Keycon West so that others could try it out, and he left the case unbolted, so that we could look at the inside. Smasher816 is very enthusiastic about the community here, and he has the pioneer spirit of a true Maker.

P.S. Thanks for the nomination, strict! :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:51:26 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:56:50 »
I nominate everyone because I love you all.   :-*

More specifically though, I nominate CPTBadAss for being such a nice guy around here and putting in so much effort with his threads and knowledge-gathering efforts.  I wouldn't say it goes unnoticed, because we all know how much he does for us, but it would still be nice for him to get some recognition for it.  ;)

PS, thanks to everyone who nominated me, I really don't deserve it, you're too kind.   :-[

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:00:53 »
I nominate HoffmanMyster. He is a top dude all around. The man is currently running a giveaway, and I mean, who doesn't love a giveaway?! I also recently discovered that he has helped with some GBs. He is always friendly and always looking to help; a true bro. 10/10 would hang out with and drink beers/listen to records/chat about keyboards/life.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:06:18 »
would hang out with and drink beers/listen to records/chat about keyboards/life.

Do this with Hoff. You'll have a great time!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Lurch

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:23:06 »
I nominate CPTBadAss, cause he is badass! Seriously, have you read one of his write-ups? They are fantastic, well-written, and I have yet to find myself being bored reading one of his articles/novels :p. I appreciate Anson 100%. Did I say Anson? I meant MANson, that handsome mother****er.

Really though, big up CPTBadAss. Thanks for all your efforts and contributions. :thumb:

Offline Lurch

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:34:28 »
would hang out with and drink beers/listen to records/chat about keyboards/life.

Do this with Hoff. You'll have a great time!

I would love too! :thumb:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:41:22 »
I nominate rowdy for doing all the work on the forums when people are too lazy or stupid to use the search function. Link spam and summarize for those fools!!!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 10:19:45 »
I would nominate Hoff, Cottonsox, missalaire. All bunch of good bros, and sister.

Hoff for his contribution, and Cottonsox for his helpfulness. And have missalaire ever gotten one? I would hope she does! I'm sure she would treasure them well.  :thumb:

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:21:14 »
I nominate dubs, ROTB, and photekq for being generally cool dudes.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:27:40 »
This thread is a reminder of why this is such an awesome community.  I love reading everyone's nominations.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Lurch

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:39:03 »
This thread is a reminder of why this is such an awesome community.  I love reading everyone's nominations.

Seconded. There are some really great people on this forum.

Offline moemoe666

• Silence Unicorn <3
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:33:40 »
Nominate: pmh1410
(Sorry for my bad english :))

The first person I called Big Bro in mechkey group in VN
The first time I touch his "The Cheat" I fall in love with mechky, black sw and custom keyboard instantly.
What did he have brought our community?
well, I can not say he is a very famous here but reputation, yes he does have, alot of old guys here know he has skull and keyboard collections which are very enviable.
In my country, where mechanical keyboards are still growing slowly with the amount of interest has been low, he is one of the leading in playing and customizing  keyboard with malicious keyboard / keycaps from the OTD or GH and he is one of the leader of Vietnam mechanical keyboard group.
He gives us instructions, suggestions and advice in mechkey, keycaps and especially about the custom keyboard. He frequently searches and help us to find keyboard, keycaps or other goods with good price.

In addition,  he also helped create fun and ambition for mechkey players with keyboard led mod, repair, assemble or mod other custom keyboards.

In many ways he has given knowledge and his passion spreads to parts of mechkey players like me and many other young people.

His contributions in alot of modded keyboard, alot of projects done and undone (case, cover, keycap set), his advice and enthusiasm, .... all of these little things help our community become bigger and better.

This Poker was modded and assemblied by pmh, perfectly nice (to me)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
He and his friends are trying to make mechanical keyboards signature by Vietnam mechkey group with great features,  hope to see them public soon :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:40:22 by moemoe666 »
Stuff:
Black Bird V1: Clear 72g - Light Saver V2 : Black 62g  - Rosewill : Vintage Black - 38gt Acrylic case : Brown 55g - Ducky Z One : Brown - Keycool Brown: R.I.P

Zowie EC2 Evo Black & White - SS Sensei MLG - SS Frost blue - Kana V1 - Kinzu V1

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:10:38 »
I nominate AkimBr0 for being a total bro to a bro in need of a Wang.  He offered to send a Wang set that had some issues for free to help me out, but when he couldn't find it, he upgraded it to a nicer set he had lying around.  He didn't want payment or anything else in exchange for it.  In general, he's a total br0 too, helping people out, adding knowledge to the community, and, when he does sell stuff, does so at a more than fair price.

but I think he really just wants to spread joy to the community by giving so much away.

You hit it square on the head.  I like the community and want to keep it a community.  You sell stuff to friends, but you also give stuff away because you like to see other people happy and enjoying something you made or don't need.

Offline Oldman1291

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:27:44 »
Hmm, in my opinion, there's non-single-individual-nomination here.
I strongly nominate all you guys - members of this community. How come ? Because a strong community doesn't make itself, it depends on each member who would love to join and dedicate the development of this community. It doesn't matter which nationality you are, where you live and what you do; we're here in this community because we love mechkey, mechkey's stuffs and all so mechkey's stories.
All you guys are deserved to be nominated and to be get-something-wicked :thumb:
P/S: Sorry for my bad English :D

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:53:25 »
I'd like to nominate nubbinator, not for one thing in particular, but for keeping the best interests of our community at heart. Not only does he contribute a lot as an individual and crafter, but things like a giveaways for folks who have given stuff away encourages all of us to be better to each other.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:58:37 »
I would also like to nominate Smasher816. He wanted a Bluetooth HHKB, so he decided to do something about it. First, he modded his HHKB with a Teensy, following hasu's circuit diagram. Then he wrote a nice guide to Teensy modding the HHKB, so that others in the community could benefit from a step-by-step instruction based on his experience. Then he added a Bluetooth mod to his HHKB, again following hasu's diagrams. He brought the BT HHKB with him to Keycon West so that others could try it out, and he left the case unbolted, so that we could look at the inside. Smasher816 is very enthusiastic about the community here, and he has the pioneer spirit of a true Maker.

Show Image

Thanks JD. I am humbled.

I keep putting off the bluetooth guide, but I promise I will finish it eventually (go bug me about it guys, it helps :P ). I'v also considered the possibility of writing a guide about compiling TMK (or other firmware), targeted towards people who don't choose to use the command line as their preferred UI, and might not know so much about programming.

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 22:10:27 »
Nominating CPTBadAss.  We might have different opinions on a lot of things be he always replies to my messages with such wonderful responses.

He has nice contributions in writeups to our community.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline MasteR

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 22:25:18 »
Nominating Shikarikato for gifting me my very first keycap free!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 22:25:41 »
I'm putting in a nomination for CPTBadAss for being a true bro. After I had been searching for an affordable Model M for many months (since before I joined GH, in fact), he sends me a beautiful 1391401 for the cost of shipping only. This lovely board is front and center on my desk, and is one of my very favourite boards to use. Beyond my personal reasons, he's done a ton for the community and definitely deserves all the recognition he gets and so much more.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 00:43:51 »
I would like to nominate all geekhack members because everyone deserves caps as awesome as what Bro Caps creates. It is so hard to pick just one nominee because so many people in this community are willing to help others and additionally take good care of each other. I have been frequenting various forums for probably close to 15 years and no other community has had the kindness and sharing of knowledge that I've seen all over geekhack.

Honorable mentions: mkawa, bunnylake, binge, Clack Factory, jdcarpe, HoffmanMyster, The_Beast, HipsterPunks, and a whole plethora more that I could probably easily pick randomly from my PM history and strike gold.

You da real MVP geekhack members.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 02:01:19 »
I nominate bunnylake because he put up with all my **** and everyone **** with this calm depths GB and still delivered.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 03:40:48 »
I'll nominate Dubs, because he was supporting and helped me in my early keyboard days and i owe him something because of a failed deal. For sure he'll be happy with a BroBot or Reaper.
... ...

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 04:57:30 »
I nominate BunnyLake. A really good man. For problems always an ear openly :)

Offline YongJK

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 05:30:24 »
I will give my vote to Chaosstep.
He is the guy who are in the mechanical keyboard community for 5 years and still serving with us as seniors everywhere.

My first and one of the most awesome custom keyboard was bought from him 1 year ago, we have been knowing each other sine the time.
A very kind, patience and nice guy he is. Often gives a lot of recommendation and advice to the newbies like me. The non-US member who you can trust a lot and makes friend with. 
He has helped a lot of people in proxy of keyboards from his home country I believe, including me. Too much time I was being helped by him, and unable to get him any better gift as token of appreciation.
Joining CC and BB sales are always out of luck because of my location, and the server between location is not as ideal as US-members  ;D

So this time I would like to use this opportunity to stand a chance present him this little things.  :)
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 12:08:39 »
Crosspost from http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57893.msg1416605#msg1416605

I would like to nominate Mkawa for saving me from myself and researching and selling me all my casting equipment.
if it wasn't for him I might have blown up my first pressure pot like a huge grenade in my garage and I might not be typing this right now. he has spent a very large amount of his time in skype helping me, binge, jiggityjane, and I believe also nubbinator with casting equipment, techniques and other cool stuff.

Relube your molds after every cast with exotic wholesale lubricants?
Who comes up with this stuff?

mkawa. That's who.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:07:19 »
Saving people from blowing themselves up in an attempt to make the community awesome artisan caps is definitely nomination worthy!  +42

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 21:23:16 »
I want to nominate nasby99. He doesn't have many posts but he's been lurking here for a few years, and he's been a member of other communities for over 4 years. A true veteran!

I've been talking to him for a few months now and in that time I've learned tonnes about keyboards, and also about the different communities. Stuff that I couldn't have learned from just reading GH/DT. More importantly he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. He was kind enough to sell me a beautiful 360 corsa in apple silver for the GB price, which meant a lot considering the fact he could have easily sold it elsewhere for a lot more. He really loves reapers too :))

Secondly, I want to nominate bunny. I won't go into detail since everyone knows how great he is, and how much he's done for this community.

Lastly, I want to nominate hoff, since he's like.. the most generous guy ever! ;)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:33:38 »
I would like to nominate Swill,

Swill's Build log from the Sprit GB as helped me as i jumped into my first build. The resource he has created for is very helpful and i am sure others will get alot out of it when starting their own builds. He has also been very generous with his recent patriot trade with vesper!

I think swill is a deserving person to receive one of these awesome caps.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:44:33 »
Nominating both Hoffmanmyster and Nubbinator because they are both generous dudes and a very positive influence to this community
 ;D

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:59:07 »
I'd nominate osman99. My only keyboard-enthused IRL friend who has helped immensely with getting parts, supplies, and various other things for my keyboard. He's also responsible for me losing about $300 on a hobby I gave up a year ago, so he's not all that great... :p
GODLIKE SmallFry in progress.

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 23:11:42 »
I'm nominating ceedog, for not only teaching me anything and everything about mechs... Although I burned all his money for him on a smallfry  ;D

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 23:12:54 »
I burned all his money for him on a smallfry  ;D

Worth it.

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 23:28:24 »
I burned all his money for him on a smallfry  ;D

Worth it.
Probably but the master is sitting back while I've finished off customizing a keyboard and hes still waiting for parts! :p

even if one of us  doesn't win I still think he deserves it bc not only are they in his fav colors but as a thanks for all the help!
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 August 2014, 23:31:21 by osman99 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 00:00:10 »
I'd like to nominate HoffmanMyster - as a moderator he seems to pop up in threads all over the place, but without his moderator hat on.  That is fantastic to assure everyone, especially new members, that mods are people too.  That, plus his very generous give-away.  So often a competition is for something I'm kinda meh about, so I skip it so that someone else who really wants it can have a go.  But on this occasion you can nominate, within reason, anything you want!

I'd also like to nominate dustinhxc - apart from having a fantastic collection of keyboards and keycaps that he doesn't hesitate to share with us, he also frequently pops up in artisan and media threads and always - always - has something positive to say about what people have done.  This makes for a fantastic contribution to the community, as we all like to post pictures of what we have acquired, or of our hard work, and it just makes it all seem so much more worth while when you get a really positive comment about it.

I would nominate BunnyLake too, and we all know why, but I'm not sure if he needs a nomination, what with the [CTRL]ALT / Bro Caps union thing ;D

And finally a big thank you to Bro Caps for this fantastic opportunity for community members to sample his wonderful new wares!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 01:04:38 »
I nominate Microsoft Windows.
His posts are extremely philosophical and force me to reflect my purpose in life.

Offline Belfong

[GIVEAWAY] Nominate a Bro
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 01:44:37 »
His posts are extremely philosophical and force me to reflect my purpose in life.
Ha! +1 to this. I hope IE6 approves of BroBots!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 09:51:43 »

^-^

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 15:33:58 »
I've been having a TON of fun since getting back on GH after roughly a 4 yr break.   Too many cool people here to even mention!!    So just a quick thanks to some people who have made this an enjoyable forum that feels like family.  Thank you!!!    riot, hipster, jalaj, mkawa, bunny, and a special thanks to PhotoE for the incredible amount of help and patience with all of my questions and projects over the last several months.   Thanks!!   My day is just a bit more enjoyable every day cuz of GH!!   

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 19:18:51 »
I have to cut this a little short, going out to dinner with family. Will post winners in the OP. Thank you all for your participation

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 19:20:54 »
I have to cut this a little short, going out to dinner with family. Will post winners in the OP. Thank you all for your participation

Enjoy the dinner with the family.  They're always more important than keyboards and key caps.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 19:27:00 »
winners have been posted. thanks guys.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 19:27:50 »
Congrats to the winners.  ;)