Poll

Which Sale Format do you prefer?

Group Buy Style
Raffle Style
First Come, First Served Flash Sale

Author Topic: Sale Format Feedback  (Read 23396 times)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
Re: Sale Format Feedback
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:30:54 »
What about having a mixture of both?

We do group buy style for single solid colors but everyone who participates gets a raffle chance for "special cap" like the traditional with limited numbers for the specials?  You can do this for translucent, multi color, different materials, etc.

I've always like the idea of exclusives so this would be a good mixture imo

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 03:20:03 »
I feel like a mix (if possible) is always the best. They all have their benefits.

First come: Rush + hype
Raffle: equal opportunity + hype
Group buy: everyone gets something (for the most part) + hype

But then all have flaws
First come: different time zones + conflicting schedules/access to the site
Raffle: cap limits (they seem a bit high and less people get in but win more [but I'm sure plenty get in and it's hard to limit people to a low amount and have so many options to choose from])
GB style: none really. Aside from this one being at such short notice, seems to be nice.

But
It all depends

As mentioned, it seems like a good way is to do the more uncommon or specialty things as raffles or FCFS

That way we can have some fun with it.

Then GB style for whatever you feel like

The only thing is that I don't want to say "only do" for your GBs or Raffles or whatever. It's just hard because in the end, someone will always be unhappy about X reason and that they should have done the sale a different way.

In the end, I say keep all 3. Just flip a coin and see what kind of sale it should be.

If it's something you feel should be a specific type of sale, then do it that way.
But I do agree that GB is better then raffle, but I also should feel like within the GB, there should be a raffle to keep things interesting.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 03:50:17 »
I voted for raffle because there are the same chances for everyone.

The GB format is nice too, because it guarantees you a cap, but I feel it might be too much of a good thing. If everybody ends up with the same awesome caps, they are not that special anymore.

Having said that please don't do flash sales anymore, because they feel kinda unfair to users from other timezones  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 03:55:33 »
The GB format is nice too, because it guarantees you a cap, but I feel it might be too much of a good thing. If everybody ends up with the same awesome caps, they are not that special anymore.

If you're buying for the exclusivity instead of the artistry, you're doing it wrong.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 04:00:39 »

If you're buying for the exclusivity instead of the artistry, you're doing it wrong.

+1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 04:16:16 »
Group Buy Style - not sure I know how this applies to artisan keycaps.  A GB everyone gets what they want (provided MOQ is met), and the price is generally lower the more that are sold.  Has Bro Caps ever done a sale like this?

Raffle Style - great, even if it is a flash raffle, say 24 hours to enter, or even just 1 hour to enter if it is a strictly limited sale.

First Come, First Served Flash Sale - these almost always put someone at a disadvantage, usually those geographically furthest from where the sale coordinator happens to be.  Although they are fun, waiting for the countdown, getting the email ready, checking it, double checking it, triple checking it, trying to gauge exactly how many seconds early or late to send it, panicking that you've still made a mistake in the email, but nevertheless this type of sale is heavily biased.

I would agree primarily with BunnyLake's proposal - a mix of all three, with perhaps a slightly greater weighting towards raffles ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 04:20:14 »

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the artistry, but what's the artistic difference between a blue, a yellow and a purple Brobot? Colors are personal preference and everybody wants artisan caps in his/her favorite color for their special board.

My comment was more of an acknowlegement of  Sed8op8 concerns about trading.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 04:36:08 »
Since I did not win any raffle and email sales yet, GB sales once in a while is a good move. :p

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 04:41:49 »
I am all in favour of the group buy method. The caps will still keep their rarity as there will be people that don't buy at the time of sale and the amount of members on this site and in the keycap buying world is on the increase. It should also increase the amount of trades that occur. Plus people should like the caps they own because of there how awesome they are not because others don't have them.

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 04:45:06 »
For me personally it is much less irksome not getting lucky in a raffle than missing a flash sale.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:30:42 »
As long as quality stays as high as it's been, I have no preference. Though I always like the idea of having better chances to get the specific cap I want :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:54:46 »
I like all of the sale formats for different reasons but to me the fairest and thus best system is probably the 24 hour raffle on ctrl alt.  This gives nearly everyone the chance to enter (accounting for sleep and work in different timezones and other real life commitments - off-grid holidays are tough luck) and you can see what's available to make an informed choice.  They don't raise my heart rate though - it's a fair system, the result is out of my hands so just wait and see.

Second would be an FCFS sale announced 24 hours in advance - not so long that loads of casual fans get in and disappear with caps without taking pics for the rest of us to enjoy, but long enough for the active (but not obsessed) members worldwide to find out and for some hype to build.  Then you get the maximum adrenaline rush come sale time without ruining your life watching out for it - if it's a bad time you can set an alarm or plan a toilet break.  People get in on phones and international so I don't buy the "it's my network's fault" excuse - it's 50% luck and 50% skill, which is a great balance.

If you have/want to make lots of the same caps making it a GB compared to e-mail doesn't seem to make much difference to me, but I guess forcing all the boxes to be filled out correctly and automating payment saves a lot of work invoicing, and it was good to have pics.  But pics takes away the surprise which is part of the fun of e-mail sales where you guess what the name will look like...  A blind GB would restore this?

Flash sales are weird - I was 40 minutes late yesterday despite the fact I was actively browsing the forum as the thread was filling up with comments, and didn't see the announcement at all!  There's no worse feeling than not even trying to win without having a good reason, it's depressing in the worst possible way (the only person to blame really is yourself :()

Well that was much longer than I thought it would be, but hopefully it explains my thoughts.  I'd have voted for "Announced FCFS" but that wasn't an option so I felt the need to explain :))

I'll still be trying whenever something I like is available whatever hoops I have to jump through!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:57:15 »

I agree with you and Beehatch to a point Nubbz. However unlimited (or much larger)runs of and with anything as I said are going to change things some foreseeable some not. Are these changes going to be bad most of them probably not....I for one would think it would eventually smash the the overpriced second hand market (very good thing) however if every one had one of your milk blue ogres/OG Reapers or other rare caps everyone would have (probably including you) have been like oh well that's nice but 125 people just got the same cap in my mind the caps wouldn't have been AS special or desireable as they are/were. I'm just following some corridors of thought in having and really not trying to start any drama guys and gals as always my opinions are nothing more then that opinions feel free to disregard. We can say getting something because its rare is dong it wrong but in the end isn't that ONE of the reasons they are special

I think if we are really honest with ourselves exclusivity is what makes getting a special cap feel special. I can't believe I'm going to do this but I'm going to make a WoW (world of warcraft reference or comparison) when blizzard ushered in the age of free welfare epics for everyone it felt cool at first but what made the game great IMO was that there was "exclusive"content for those who wanted and were willing to put in the effort and hard work. I spent many nights wiping in raids but when we downed something we worked on for awhile it was a real feeling of accomplishment and there were rewards. I don't want to Put in the casual versus hardcore argument but I feel the "every kid deserves a trophy because everyone is special" mindset is dangerous and it makes me sick (no little Timmy you don't deserve a trophy you suck and you sat on the sidelines spoon feeding fluff into your face the entire game)   If  we travel deep enough down that hole some really radical crazy **** starts coming out of the woodworks.

I'm rambling at this point but im here because I love keyboards and key caps and I will be here regardless of the changes being made (most likely) i just feel with anything proceed with caution. I for one can't tell anyone what to think or feel again I'm just throwing some ideas around so please don't take this to seriously  :thumb: again ill say I hope Whatever is decided upon (even if nothing) is best for Bro and the community. Sorry for my rambling its early   :))

In the end if I like something I am going to try and get it regardless of how its being sold so for me I'm kind of ambivalent as long as they are available somehow that being said I think all 3 have there merits so maybe a mixture of all 3 types of sales ....
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 September 2015, 06:57:37 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 06:42:26 »
Just do all methods.

Flash or email sale fun rush.
Raffle spreads out winners and causes anticipation.
Group buy minimizes whining and allows everyone to get something and feel good.

Also, for those who like "trading" or "collecting", remember that the group buy will end eventually, and, as always, there will be tons of new people flocking into this growing hobby who will eventually want to trade for old group buy ****.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 06:47:00 »
For me rarity has no meaning, I don't give a **** if other 100 have the same thing, for me important is the artistic/craftmanship that it's important. I have seen some artisans that are expensive like hell and rare and I don't like them, they're ugly as ****.
I like artisan caps for design and fun, I don't see them like an investment, also I like to use them even if I risk to break one and not hoard them and keep them for photo thingy's .
But I don't have to worry about this too much, I rarely get something :))
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 07:11:17 »
All three sale formats are great, I prefer the Raffle Style. That way everyone has a chance to enter but not everyone wins.
Group buys are good too I just don't like being patient, but this way most people should be getting the cap they like in the color they want, which is good too.
The first come first serve style is hard. I'm usually there on time, but am to slow in filling out the necessaries. This is still an okay style of sale, just some people have slight advantages.

As far as the "exclusive" comment goes.As long as I don't see Nubs/Clacks/Bros in Wal-Mart or Target, they are exclusive enough. This community is still small, If 500 people have the exact same keycap that's okay with me.

Personally I am all about making my keyboard look the way I want it to look and if I can support someone's small business I'm happy. If this market ever does blow up and caps are sold in Wal-Mart, I would still buy them if I like the way they looked and worked with my board.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 07:38:09 »
I logged on to GH yesterday whilst out,  and saw that there was a sale in 15 minutes,  my heart skipped a beat,  and I found somewhere sensible that I could go and focus on whatever I needed to do to get into the sale,  the timer hit and I jumped on and made my choice.  What was weird is that my payment was taken immediately, and I read that this would be up for a month. I then remembered that this was a GB style sale...  In all honesty,  I was a little deflated,  I like the excitement of not knowing whether or not I will "win"... I like the exclusivity of it all...  I really don't mind not winning because it makes actually winning that much more fun.

From a consumer's perspective,  my vote is on raffles and small email sales, if something is easy to get,  my collector nature doesn't really want to collect it.  This might sound weird,  but it's how I feel, I like rare items.

Edit: not sure where I came up with a month,  the sale ends today  :-[
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 September 2015, 09:43:01 by 64rky »

Offline billiob

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 07:43:27 »
I do prefer this kind of sale since it is the first I got a "Bro" cap.
I tried to get caps from all the raffles sales (since they're on ctrlalt.io) and never got one.
With GroupBuy-like sales, I can be much more specific and probably won't enter every sale but only try to get caps I'd truly enjoy and not just "try to get one, whatever".
I don't care about rarity, I just want some awesome caps for my keyboards.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 13:02:01 »
I logged on to GH yesterday whilst out,  and saw that there was a sale in 15 minutes,  my heart skipped a beat,  and I found somewhere sensible that I could go and focus on whatever I needed to do to get into the sale,  the timer hit and I jumped on and made my choice.  What was weird is that my payment was taken immediately, and I read that this would be up for a month. I then remembered that this was a GB style sale...  In all honesty,  I was a little deflated,  I like the excitement of not knowing whether or not I will "win"... I like the exclusivity of it all...  I really don't mind not winning because it makes actually winning that much more fun.

From a consumer's perspective,  my vote is on raffles and small email sales, if something is easy to get,  my collector nature doesn't really want to collect it.  This might sound weird,  but it's how I feel, I like rare items.

@64 it was originally listed as a month so you weren't hallucinating haha and I'm like you as in the hunt for something hard to get really appeals to me. Of course I love the caps but as a collector obtaining and hunting them is half the fun glad to see im not alone  :p
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 13:07:06 »

@64 it was originally listed as a month so you weren't hallucinating haha and I'm like you as in the hunt for something hard to get really appeals to me. Of course I love the caps but as a collector obtaining and hunting them is half the fun glad to see im not alone  :p
I agree with the both of you. Primarily, we're pretty much all cap collectors, and a portion (I think a somewhat big one) of the joy in collecting keycaps it the thrill of the hunt. Too many GB style sales ruin that hunt, and it won't be as fun getting the caps.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 13:43:38 »
While I do like the thought of keys being rarer, I really just enjoy collecting these awesome little pieces of plastic, so I think gb style is my favorite, although, a well announced first come sale is alright too.  I just hate when fcfs sales are announced like half an hour before they go live :/

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 13:52:15 »
As some who is 0/7 on CTRL Alt for BroCaps, 0/4 on emails, and 0/3 on giveaways I'm going to say Group Buy for sure.

By far my favorite cap design is the V2 and would have been awesome to have had a group buy chance on them.

If people really want to keep their rare caps then maybe something like group buys for single color caps/ more standard caps.  The raffle/emails could be left for the more special caps (such as the Cosmos ones).

My $0.02.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:07:37 »
I'm just going to say this and leave it at that.

This community is not based off of "hunting" artisan keycaps. There is a community (GH) and we're about more than artisans. Period.

You shouldn't be making decisions based on what gets you the most rare keycaps or what keeps your collection at the most value. That's what makes this place so toxic and undesirable.

As I said before, this should be about what is fair to everyone - equal opportunity to at least try to make it in a given sale. I'm not saying everyone should have a keycap, just that everyone should have a chance. The fact that is, owning a single Bro Cap, or any artisan, for that matter, should be a special thing within itself - it's a crafted piece of art and lots of time and passion went into it. It's amazing how people are worried about a keycap not being "rare" when there is a lot more to it.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:30:53 »
You shouldn't be making decisions based on what gets you the most rare keycaps or what keeps your collection at the most value. That's what makes this place so toxic and undesirable.

As I said before, this should be about what is fair to everyone - equal opportunity to at least try to make it in a given sale. I'm not saying everyone should have a keycap, just that everyone should have a chance. The fact that is, owning a single Bro Cap, or any artisan, for that matter, should be a special thing within itself - it's a crafted piece of art and lots of time and passion went into it. It's amazing how people are worried about a keycap not being "rare" when there is a lot more to it.

+eleventy billion

I have one of the most rare Bros out there and I hated the process of getting it.  Even with all the awesome people coming out and helping out with it (which was an amazing experience and reinforced how amazing the community can be), I hated it because it just felt like some people trying to take advantage of others.  If Bro decided to remake it and make it open to tons of people, yes, I'd be sad that I gave up more than others to get it, but I'd be thrilled to see so many people getting an awesome piece of handcrafted artwork that they could love and enjoy.

In the end, it's really up to Bro to decide what's best for himself.  I love the mix of all three styles of sales, especially the first come first serve and group buy.  There's something about the adrenaline rush of the FCFS that's fun and the group buys gets more of his work out there for people to enjoy.  At the same time, I don't want Bro becoming overly stressed or having a breakdown due to increased work and insanity.

I could talk myself blue on the issue, so I think I'm going to stop and leave it with this.  Bro, thanks for crafting some awesome work, keeping it pretty affordable, and being willing to consider making it more available to more people.  Keep up the awesome work and keep your own mental health and family health in mind whatever way you decide to go.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:45:25 »
Give more people a chance to have bro keycaps.
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline dohbot

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:51:47 »

Raffle Style - great, even if it is a flash raffle, say 24 hours to enter, or even just 1 hour to enter if it is a strictly limited sale.

I would agree primarily with BunnyLake's proposal - a mix of all three, with perhaps a slightly greater weighting towards raffles ;)

Do you mean a Flaffle?

Well I voted for raffle because (while I never won one) it feels like we all have the same chances, every single first come first serve email sale I either didn't know about it until it was over or I was just unable to get to my computer or get service in that time, so they feel less fair. As for group buys, I really like it. It may take more time and only work as a pre-order sale and could limit the designs, but it is really fair and fun for everyone to get a cap! Just gotta wait the 12 weeks it will take until it comes to me, but otherwise I totally like this more, but I still voted for raffle because a big sale like this may limit (I honestly have no idea) the different colors and styles of caps made by Bro, so in short, limited number of caps, raffle, unlimited, group buy.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 20:37:58 »

Do you mean a Flaffle?

Well I voted for raffle because (while I never won one) it feels like we all have the same chances, every single first come first serve email sale I either didn't know about it until it was over or I was just unable to get to my computer or get service in that time, so they feel less fair. As for group buys, I really like it. It may take more time and only work as a pre-order sale and could limit the designs, but it is really fair and fun for everyone to get a cap! Just gotta wait the 12 weeks it will take until it comes to me, but otherwise I totally like this more, but I still voted for raffle because a big sale like this may limit (I honestly have no idea) the different colors and styles of caps made by Bro, so in short, limited number of caps, raffle, unlimited, group buy.

I'm always up for falafel.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:09:59 »

I think GBs and raffles are best in terms of fairness.

I think raffles can be fun and maybe done alongside a GB would be cool. For example, have the more generic 1-2 color way GB and then a raffle with special versions.
I also like beehatchs idea of limiting the amount you can win from a raffle to possibly control for people who just try to get as many as possible for a turn around and to allow more people to enter.

whether or not people want these for rarity/art doesn't really matter as long as there's no toxicity  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:46:23 by skycrimes »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:54:31 »

This community is not based off of "hunting" artisan keycaps. There is a community (GH) and we're about more than artisans. Period.

forgive me folks and Beehatch I have had a long night ....8-/
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 September 2015, 22:39:24 by Sed8op8 »

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 02:15:13 »
Raffle style is best IMO but the problem is the amount of salt that is comes with. I'd suggest letting people with long 'losing' streaks to get some kind of one cap guarantee, but we already have these extra sales for those kinds. Perhaps if we had some statistics/numbers on how many entries there are per sale then people would be more understanding instead of leaving them guessing and coming up with all kinds of theories which in the end will leave them disappointed.
| ISO |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 03:06:13 »
Though one thing I hope you guys do when [ctrl]alt v2 launches is make sure all these various sales are filed under 'BroCaps'

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 03:32:36 »
Combination of all three.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 04:32:49 »

No apologies.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 04:59:03 »

No apologies.

Show Image

haha I'm apologizing  and i redacted because I didn't feel like my post belonged anywhere in a serious non off-topic thread. Bee knows I love her 8) people opinions on sales run deep i guess  :p I thought I was being accused of bringing toxicity to the community and I as I love this forum, most of the people here and obviously love bro caps I let my skirt get a bit knotted up. It's been dealt with as it should have In the beginning through a PM  :thumb:

Sorry absyrd no girl on girl here  :)) well...cough...bee is quite beautiful....

Back to sales and stuff

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 05:44:45 »
Actually I've changed my mind, on the whole 'more fair' concept I was kicking around... hmmm I should think more before posting

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 05:46:11 »
Actually I've changed my mind, on the whole 'more fair' concept I was kicking around... hmmm I should think more before posting
^^^^^^

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:30:06 »

I hope my comments weren't taken as me trying to introduce toxicity into this community,  because that is not my intent. 

I personally have a collectors nature,  I like to collect rare things,  that is my nature.  Many people don't care about rarity, and that is their nature.

I don't only collect keyboard stuff,  I have a pretty decent collection of MTG cards,  comic books,  fine art,  etc...  The key cap collecting combines my love of art and computers.

I totally agree that everyone who wants one should be able to have a bro,  or clack,  or any cap,  and you're right,  maybe we should have sales that cater for that,  like this GB,  or more 'sorry you missed out sales',  or static based sales...  I am not trying to sway the decision either way,  I am just one person in this community.

But I was merely expressing myself,  I do make decisions on rarity,  I love the "hunt",  so do many others,  this our nature,  everyone is entitled to their own joys in this wonderful life.

That's all, no salt, just happiness.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 10:13:26 »
After today, I wanted to get your thoughts on future sale models. Did you like this format (GB-esque-style) versus the static number raffle-style?

Or do you like first come, first served flash sales?

Really like the Flash sales. I sadly have few bro caps from it, however I like that you would be getting something limited.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 14:12:16 »

I hope my comments weren't taken as me trying to introduce toxicity into this community,  because that is not my intent. 

I personally have a collectors nature,  I like to collect rare things,  that is my nature.  Many people don't care about rarity, and that is their nature.

I don't only collect keyboard stuff,  I have a pretty decent collection of MTG cards,  comic books,  fine art,  etc...  The key cap collecting combines my love of art and computers.

I totally agree that everyone who wants one should be able to have a bro,  or clack,  or any cap,  and you're right,  maybe we should have sales that cater for that,  like this GB,  or more 'sorry you missed out sales',  or static based sales...  I am not trying to sway the decision either way,  I am just one person in this community.

But I was merely expressing myself,  I do make decisions on rarity,  I love the "hunt",  so do many others,  this our nature,  everyone is entitled to their own joys in this wonderful life.

Nice post! I feel the same way about many of the things you wrote.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 16:37:19 »

I can understand what you mean here. People collect things for different reasons. I happen to collect caps because I appreciate the artistry in the caps so the rarity of artisans is just a bonus to me. I have a pretty large collections of items such as several thousands of books as well as records and movies and i collect hem for differnt reasons. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71391.msg1729593#msg1729593 so I can definitely    understand why people would have varying opinions. I feel that a mix of three might be best but I think it might be  very time consuming and physically demanding for bro to Mae every sale a GB style.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 19:41:15 »
I voted for raffle since I dislike reading the constant posts of "I sent my email at 0.001 seconds prior to ensure that it got to XXXX's inbox at XX:XX PM which according to my sent mail folder blah blah blah ..."  when it comes to first come first serve format. But to be honest, I'm for the whatever is less stressful for the individual who will be conducting the sale.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 12:57:20 »
demik, ever the insiteful...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:03:28 »
For me rarity has no meaning, I don't give a **** if other 100 have the same thing, for me important is the artistic/craftmanship that it's important. I have seen some artisans that are expensive like hell and rare and I don't like them, they're ugly as ****.
I like artisan caps for design and fun, I don't see them like an investment, also I like to use them even if I risk to break one and not hoard them and keep them for photo thingy's .

I agree with you 100%.

I think limiting caps to 1-2  in any style of sale would be best. Less work for bro to be making a ton to please everybody, and more chance for people to get something.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:05:53 »
Thats a cool trick, you managed to remove your **** post and then after my reply to it, post again with an actual reply, cutting out the #toxic bull**** that was most of its contents.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:11:15 »
Please stay on topic.

Please send any questions or complaints to my inbox to be fully ignored.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:21:05 »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:39:37 »

I agree with you 100%.

I think limiting caps to 1-2  in any style of sale would be best. Less work for bro to be making a ton to please everybody, and more chance for people to get something.
Ohh ohh thats a good one actually, maybe have it where 3 is the max incase of trio sets, but thats pretty good making the max 3 that way shipping is still worth it and more broless get their first!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:54:30 »
Adding 2¢

I felt a bit jilted when I found out the Cherokey sale was GB style.  I'm not trying to increase the value of my collection - because I don't have much of one.  The rarity feels like IRL loot.  I just really enjoy the challenge of getting something unique.  What is the point of doing a mass buy of something made individually?  Isn't the purpose of a GB to reduce cost for the consumer?  I feel like if you want to mass market stuff where everyone can have access to it, you need to move to cheaper production methods for those runs.  This is really just over-saturating the market, and leading to a collapse of the artisan cap fad.

Sure, rarity isn't everything either.  There are some caps which are highly sought after, and they don't pique my interest either.

But if GB is the direction, I suddenly don't really care as much about possessing Bros.  And that bums me out.

These are just personal opinions.  No saltiness intended.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:54:47 »

I agree with you 100%.

Ohh ohh thats a good one actually, maybe have it where 3 is the max incase of trio sets, but thats pretty good making the max 3 that way shipping is still worth it and more broless get their first!

Don't forget giving 100 caps to 20 people at 5 each is only 20 shipping labels/boxes for Bro to pack, giving 3 each to 33 people is a lot more work!  Perhaps a lower limit for people who've already won some while the Broless can have 5?  Probably a lot of work to do that too...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 14:04:05 »
Adding 2¢

I felt a bit jilted when I found out the Cherokey sale was GB style.  I'm not trying to increase the value of my collection - because I don't have much of one.  The rarity feels like IRL loot.  I just really enjoy the challenge of getting something unique.  What is the point of doing a mass buy of something made individually?  Isn't the purpose of a GB to reduce cost for the consumer?  I feel like if you want to mass market stuff where everyone can have access to it, you need to move to cheaper production methods for those runs.  This is really just over-saturating the market, and leading to a collapse of the artisan cap fad.

Sure, rarity isn't everything either.  There are some caps which are highly sought after, and they don't pique my interest either.

But if GB is the direction, I suddenly don't really care as much about possessing Bros.  And that bums me out.

These are just personal opinions.  No saltiness intended.

I can understand your position on this, but the group buy was more of a way to gauge the interest in this particular design, and try to accommodate that demand. It's not something that would happen often.
I feel like on one hand, I want to try to please everyone, but that's going to be impossible. On the other hand, people are going to complain that I don't produce enough, etc.

This sale was still limited, and none of those styles will be made again, so if you were hoping for rarity, it still exists, if you consider the amount of demand versus actual supply.

And again, if I make enough to meet demand, people are going to complain about exclusivity issues. Catch 22 -_-

Bunny and I always listen to feedback, and experiment with different things. We are definitely listening to the feedback from this last sale, and will be making adjustments where needed.