Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45350366 times)

Offline the-slunk

Re: Nightcaps: MysteryMe@ts 2017 - Open
« Reply #16800 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:08:19 »
I think it should be 1 win per person. I kinda understand why they allow multiple wins.. its easier on them to pack and ship.. but still o will it is what it is!
If it was one per person everyone would get one, there are a ton of the 20 and 10 availability ones

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #16801 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:08:36 »
I think it should be 1 win per person. I kinda understand why they allow multiple wins.. its easier on them to pack and ship.. but still o will it is what it is!
I completely disagree :) I live in Denmark and didn't have a chance to participate in the summer fun, so I would love to win 10! :D

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #16802 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:13:54 »
If it was one per person everyone would get one, there are a ton of the 20 and 10 availability ones

I be ok with that cause my biggest pet pave is people selling/trading them. Right after they get them its like grr someone might have really really wanted that color way that entered. I am really glad ETF added if he catches them being sold you will be banned from future raffles. Thats a nice touch and big boon I think. Cause I get artisan's cause like them. I never sold/traded one! I did buy one off /MM thought but that was cause it was really nice and a amazing price.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #16803 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:18:23 »

I be ok with that cause my biggest pet pave is people selling/trading them. Right after they get them its like grr someone might have really really wanted that color way that entered. I am really glad ETF added if he catches them being sold you will be banned from future raffles. Thats a nice touch and big boon I think. Cause I get artisan's cause like them. I never sold/traded one! I did buy one off /MM thought but that was cause it was really nice and a amazing price.

ETF wants us to trade them so we end up with something we love. There's nothing wrong with trading collectables.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #16804 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:18:26 »

Trading isn't all that bad though, actually I think it's a great way to build the community. You have a colorway someone wants, they have one you want, you exchange based on trust.

I do understand what you mean though.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #16805 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:24:06 »
In?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #16806 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:38:47 »

ETF wants us to trade them so we end up with something we love. There's nothing wrong with trading collectables.

Trading isn't all that bad though, actually I think it's a great way to build the community. You have a colorway someone wants, they have one you want, you exchange based on trust.

Thats a really good point and it does build up the community trading isn't as bad as just selling.. thought I be scared to trade? Have either of you traded I am just curious how do people keep trades legit! I tried thinking of how you do a trade and I just can't think of anyway to fairly trade other then.. just putting them in the mail and hoping people are upstanding about it. Though guess people who aren't are weeded out of the community really quickly. I got a few things I want to sell on /mm to help fund my hobby further! and its been kinda hang up for me. Is the entire how do I know people will be honest about it.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #16807 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:42:32 »

Thats a really good point and it does build up the community trading isn't as bad as just selling.. thought I be scared to trade? Have either of you traded I am just curious how do people keep trades legit! I tried thinking of how you do a trade and I just can't think of anyway to fairly trade other then.. just putting them in the mail and hoping people are upstanding about it. Though guess people who aren't are weeded out of the community really quickly. I got a few things I want to sell on /mm to help fund my hobby further! and its been kinda hang up for me. Is the entire how do I know people will be honest about it.
Yeah I have, first time (3 months ago) was nerve wracking, it was a PS cap for a PS cap

Offline jackcauliflower

« Reply #16808 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:48:12 »

Just recently got into the whole mechmarket scene this past summer, and from my experience all has been peachy. I’ve bought and sold from people as well as done a couple of trades, and that’s basically how trades go, you just have to trust the other person will come through, though the number of scammers vs the number of honest people on mechmarket is VERY low (especially compared to hardwareswap and other subreddits)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sitch

« Reply #16809 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 18:19:58 »
Best of luck everyone!

Offline Sissy

« Reply #16810 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 19:25:51 »

I love the idea of trading, shame such a steep monetary value is attached to some caps. No real way to prevent that anymore than general sentimental value is attached to some, I for sure have a heap of caps I'll never trade away no matter how much I would ones that would be offered.

Offline schafwax

« Reply #16811 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 19:27:42 »
Spent money on ArtKey GB, then MysteryMe@ts is announced ... enter anyway because ETF is life.

Ducky Mini
MX Clears
SA Carbon

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #16812 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 19:28:29 »
Spent money on ArtKey GB, then MysteryMe@ts is announced ... enter anyway because ETF is life.
Show Image

Who needs a place to live anyway?

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #16813 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 19:31:56 »

I love the idea of trading, shame such a steep monetary value is attached to some caps. No real way to prevent that anymore than general sentimental value is attached to some, I for sure have a heap of caps I'll never trade away no matter how much I would ones that would be offered.
Agreed, but it goes both ways. People sell caps for hundreds of dollars because others will buy them for that much. Most expensive keycap I've paid for was $82 shipped, and that was in a raffle. But I've traded a bunch

Offline schafwax

« Reply #16814 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 19:52:35 »

Agreed, but it goes both ways. People sell caps for hundreds of dollars because others will buy them for that much. Most expensive keycap I've paid for was $82 shipped, and that was in a raffle. But I've traded a bunch

Some people's opinion of others paying outrageous cap prices:

I'm over here like:

Ducky Mini
MX Clears
SA Carbon

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #16815 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 19:58:57 »

Some people's opinion of others paying outrageous cap prices:
Show Image

I'm over here like:
Show Image

Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #16816 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 20:01:43 »

I have traded myself being new to the hobby this spring /u/Redditor_Alex. It was mainly me buying from others at first but as I won things I started to trade. most people are upstanding and are good but it helps to screenshot posts they list when they agree to whatever the deal is and to check the scammers list before hand. Also check the timestamps! Best of luck!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #16817 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 20:50:30 »
Echoing what some have already said, the trading community is pretty darn good compared to various other hobbies/collector forums I've been on. The reddit system, in particular, works well by being strict enough to require timestamps and having bots to help root out banned/problem sellers. No system is perfect and there's always risk, but that helps greatly minimize it. There's also some great information in the sidebar of /r/mechmarket on how to protect yourself. FWIW, I've got over 200 trades and outside of a stolen package from my mailbox one time, it's been smooth sailing. I've also made quite a few friends/contacts who have been helpful along the way, which is a great bonus.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #16818 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 20:53:07 »
Thanks guys that makes me feel a lot better and makes me a lot more open to the idea of selling and trading. Can I ask something sorta random but related to what we are talking about. How do you typically work out shipping? Just ask the persons address then figure out shipping cost are do you just try to do a flat rate box.

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #16819 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 21:00:44 »
Thanks guys that makes me feel a lot better and makes me a lot more open to the idea of selling and trading. Can I ask something sorta random but related to what we are talking about. How do you typically work out shipping? Just ask the persons address then figure out shipping cost are do you just try to do a flat rate box.
Just send them a PayPal invoice and their shipping info should be included once they pay! I've never sold anything but that's how its been explained to me

Offline jackcauliflower

« Reply #16820 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 21:04:39 »
Just send them a PayPal invoice and their shipping info should be included once they pay! I've never sold anything but that's how its been explained to me
This!

Just create an invoice and when they pay they will fill out their address as well. I typically ship in a flat rate box, though small bubbled envelopes are cheaper I believe. Sold a couple of things on mechmarket and hardwareswap, and I’ve invoiced and shipped flat rate each time!

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #16821 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 23:42:12 »
This!

Just create an invoice and when they pay they will fill out their address as well. I typically ship in a flat rate box, though small bubbled envelopes are cheaper I believe. Sold a couple of things on mechmarket and hardwareswap, and I’ve invoiced and shipped flat rate each time!

I think he's referring to trades.  In a trade you are both shipping something, so you both cover you own shipping costs. 

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #16822 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 00:25:47 »
Thanks guys I think I putting some things up for sale next week! This threads given me a good bit of confidence. I appreciate it there a lot of helpful people in the community.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #16823 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 02:37:21 »
don't be a sh!t

Advice for life right there.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #16824 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 02:40:38 »
Also the second sale of yours following the PS GB that I happened to get lucky and check GH for the first time in weeks/months at exactly the right time. <3 you ETF :)

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #16825 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 08:01:18 »
Of course this sale happens right when all my money is tied up with moving

y u do dis etf

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16826 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 08:31:51 »
Anybody wanna play Author to kill time while we wait for invoices?

I can start:

The year was 1837. The envelope had just been intruduced, Worcestersire sauce and the electric telegraph was patented and John Kent became Britain's first black police officer joining the constabulary in Carlisle.

Colin Harvey had just left the museum of natural history. His palms were sweaty, his stomach was in a knot and he had cold sweat running down his back. In his pocket was the

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #16827 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 09:29:05 »

I can start:

The year was 1837. The envelope had just been intruduced, Worcestersire sauce and the electric telegraph was patented and John Kent became Britain's first black police officer joining the constabulary in Carlisle.

Colin Harvey had just left the museum of natural history. His palms were sweaty, his stomach was in a knot and he had cold sweat running down his back. In his pocket was the

cold metal of the pistol he had purchased earlier that week.  Fortunately for him, as well as the sleeping guard working the night shift, it had not been necessary.  He fingered its curves aimlessly as he made his way down the street, his eyes darting into the dark shadows of each alley he passed.  His mind reeled as he tried to process what he had just witnessed in the basement of that museum, his thumb absentmindedly caressing the hammer of the gun.  What had Henry gotten him into?

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #16828 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 10:05:25 »

I can start:

The year was 1837. The envelope had just been intruduced, Worcestersire sauce and the electric telegraph was patented and John Kent became Britain's first black police officer joining the constabulary in Carlisle.

cold metal of the pistol he had purchased earlier that week.  Fortunately for him, as well as the sleeping guard working the night shift, it had not been necessary.  He fingered its curves aimlessly as he made his way down the street, his eyes darting into the dark shadows of each alley he passed.  His mind reeled as he tried to process what he had just witnessed in the basement of that museum, his thumb absentmindedly caressing the hammer of the gun.  What had Henry gotten him into?

.. Henry was so persistent.. Colin should've said no.. He couldn't stop hearing Henry's voice and couldn't shake the memory, "C'mon, check it out. No one will know we'll just borrow it.". Accompanying Henry's familiar scratchy voice was an image of Henry's wirey fingers cupped around something small, strangely glowing, that seemed almost slimy.. Not discernable from any everyday museum artifact with a quick glance. However, Colin had more than enough of a stare.. His eyes glazed over with millenia of incomprehensible knowledge; to their surprise a bang and clang, rang out and Colin immediately...

(I don't know the rules, never played)

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #16829 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:51:00 »
So uhh, if I didn't pay my PS GB invoice does that mean I'm banned from all sales from here on out?

Offline u

« Reply #16830 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:52:56 »
So uhh, if I didn't pay my PS GB invoice does that mean I'm banned from all sales from here on out?
That's what ETF said

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #16831 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:53:11 »
Pretty likely, yes. I would pm etf if you could, but from what I understand from the rules posted, you're probably disqualified :/

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #16832 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:53:42 »

Sounds like you might be.  Why join the GB that was a guaranteed kep if you didn't intend to pay the bill?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #16833 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:54:11 »

Did you contact ETF with a valid reason on why you couldn't pay?

If you entered and couldn't pay with no reason, then you're probably banned as you're wasting his time.

If you entered, your financial situation rapidly changed, you contacted him and he said it's fine, then I doubt you'd be banned.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #16834 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:55:55 »
If you entered and didnt pay, and didnt send a message asking to cancel or at least communicate with him.... it sounds that way.

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #16835 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 12:58:21 »

Did you contact ETF with a valid reason on why you couldn't pay?

If you entered and couldn't pay with no reason, then you're probably banned as you're wasting his time.

If you entered, your financial situation rapidly changed, you contacted him and he said it's fine, then I doubt you'd be banned.

Sounds like you might be.  Why join the GB that was a guaranteed kep if you didn't intend to pay the bill?
Was buying for GF, later she decided she would buy her own so I didn't have to pay for hers. But I never wanted one for myself.

If you entered and didnt pay, and didnt send a message asking to cancel or at least communicate with him.... it sounds that way.

Rip, just sent him a message with the reason but we'll see.

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #16836 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:01:29 »
Well, now the form is closed

Offline jackcauliflower

« Reply #16837 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:02:07 »
Well, now the form is closed
Show Image

And now we wait...good luck everyone!

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #16838 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:13:39 »
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #16839 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:17:32 »
Much excite!

Offline Bisser

« Reply #16840 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:24:25 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:50:15 by Bisser »

Offline Corgi Butts

Re: Nightcaps: MysteryMe@ts 2017 - Raffle over
« Reply #16841 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:28:48 »

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #16842 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:36:51 »

Offline txclack

« Reply #16843 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:40:17 »

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #16844 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:45:54 »
Gentlemen, ready your PayPals

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #16845 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:47:09 »

Offline aquafreshfan

« Reply #16846 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:48:54 »
I've always wondered, how to makers do this part? Do they manually pick the numbers and type in every invoice, or do they have some way to automate it?

Revo RJ  |  Mira SE  |  Noxary 268  |  Red Scarf II+ Ver.c

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #16847 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:49:05 »

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #16848 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:52:08 »

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #16849 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 13:53:01 »
I've always wondered, how to makers do this part? Do they manually pick the numbers and type in every invoice, or do they have some way to automate it?

Websites usually that you take the list of submitted names and paste it into a field and it randomized them.