Author Topic: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Shipped)  (Read 169903 times)

Offline Tally810

Re: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Currently Shipping Out)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:53:07 »
UHHHHHHHHHHH I wasn't informed about being the Canadian proxy.  I paid for 15,000 switches and received 15,000 switches.  I'll talk to Zisb about this asap.

What crazy keyboard are you building with 15000 switches?
I believe he was going to sell them at his online store

Offline Korseir

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:02:42 »
UHHHHHHHHHHH I wasn't informed about being the Canadian proxy.  I paid for 15,000 switches and received 15,000 switches.  I'll talk to Zisb about this asap.

What crazy keyboard are you building with 15000 switches?
I believe he was going to sell them at his online store

If this is the case then who is the proxy and if there isn't one then why does it say that Canadian order status is still packing after for so long?

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 20:23:43 »
Any love for Asia orders?  :(

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 00:49:53 »

Ok, this is why I kept asking. I asked 27 around early Janurary on discord and he said he wasn't proxying the switches so I was wondering who was doing it, or if he was just trolling me hard. Hopefully this can get all sorted out and sent out.

Offline diiiP

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 02:55:29 »

when you talk to him, could you also ask about status of Asia and Europe orders?  :thumb:

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 08:48:04 »
Anyone know approx up to what order number has shipped?  #183, US here and just curious.  Thanks

Got a label creation notification last night for what I assume is my switch order.   So if you're in the US, the orders are being worked through. Hang tight.
keyboards.

Offline dk21291

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 16:43:43 »
Anyone know approx up to what order number has shipped?  #183, US here and just curious.  Thanks

Got a label creation notification last night for what I assume is my switch order.   So if you're in the US, the orders are being worked through. Hang tight.

From Belmont, CA? I got one too and had no idea what GB it corresponded to.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 16:55:10 »
I hope EU orders ship soon :x

Offline a-c

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 17:04:27 »

That's where mine came from.

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #409 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 17:17:54 »
got mine in. thank you to everyone who was involved in this buy!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 21:03:33 »

yup, the us proxy is in CA. 
keyboards.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 01:20:19 »
Thanks for the review OfTheWild, do you feel like it would make a difference lubricating the switches now that you've used them for a solid amount of time?

Honestly, I skipped going back through and doing my own lube job on these (thats what you paid extra for right?!) and I will say I'm quite happy with how they turned out after 80+ hours of typing on them all day at work. I will admit that i'm using these with gmk caps and rubber o-rings under them so they're not getting bottomed out and the sound is minimal.

-Dana

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 23:07:38 »
Mine will be here tomorrow.  Plan it to toss em on a let's split, assuming I like them  :thumb:
keyboards.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 03:38:33 »
Finally got my switches and they are definitely scratchier than my unlubed Vintage Blacks. Swapping the stems into Zealios housings makes them almost as smooth as unlubed Vintage Blacks however. Curious to see how lubing improves the feel of the switches.

I've got a bunch of springs and lube and will be experimenting and this weekend. I've got Gateron Blacks, Mod Linears (awful, awful, switches), Vintage Blacks, Cherry MX Silents, and various housings/lube/springs to experiment with.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #414 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 08:40:01 »
Finally got my switches and they are definitely scratchier than my unlubed Vintage Blacks. Swapping the stems into Zealios housings makes them almost as smooth as unlubed Vintage Blacks however. Curious to see how lubing improves the feel of the switches.

I've got a bunch of springs and lube and will be experimenting and this weekend. I've got Gateron Blacks, Mod Linears (awful, awful, switches), Vintage Blacks, Cherry MX Silents, and various housings/lube/springs to experiment with.
Please do a review about your findings later. The pandas sure look great and i don't mind re-lubing these (even though these were marketed to be prelubed.. 😑 ) i just want to make sure they feel great as well without swapping a bunch of things..Someone mentioned a 'pop' at bottoming out and also the panda housing is 'scratchier' can these be confirmed by multiple sources? Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #415 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 09:34:18 »
Just got my Pandas in. Might pop them into a build this weekend, see how the feel on a board initially. That's if I can peel myself from my Switch coming in today...

Offline Saiph

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 09:43:10 »
Just got my Pandas in. Might pop them into a build this weekend, see how the feel on a board initially. That's if I can peel myself from my Switch coming in today...
Need to wait for my EXENT for these switches

Offline Korseir

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 11:40:37 »
Need to wait for my EXENT for these switches

Still need to wait on the mysterious Canadian proxy (or possibly non existent) for switches to be delivered

Offline johntron25

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 16:54:51 »
If anyone is interested, I have an extra set I don't mind selling at cost + shipping.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 18:44:39 »
Got mine in the other earlier this week and it looks like I am missing 5 (order #119). How do I go about getting them?

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:31:53 »
I missed this and I am not happy about myself, I wish this came back anytime soon
Levia Makes

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #421 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 14:04:28 »
Quick rundown now that I got a chance to test these out a bit.

1) Build quality is nice.  The pins are great looking and strong thanks to the little holtite covers.  They have the least slider wobble out of any mx style switch I think I've ever tried.. big difference compared to gateron, and ever cherry.  The white housings look nice as well.
2) Weight is in between cherry red and gateron yellow.. just a little lighter than yellows.  Force curve feels like a yellow, moreso than a black (not pillowy at the bottom).
3) I do notice that tiny little notch at the bottom of the switch press.. not all the time, but sometimes, perhaps when pressing at an angle?  Not sure.  Only feel it when really looking for it, not when typing. It's a non-issue for me.
4) The downside is they are not smooth right out of the bag.  Now, I don't have these on a board yet, just a few in a switch tester with basically no break in time so take this for what it is.. but they're just not smooth or quiet.  Gateron linears are much smoother. Cherry linears are smoother.  And both are much quieter.  When pressing the panda at speed, or slowly between the top and bottom of travel, it's noisy.  You can hear the stem rubbing against the housing. You can hear a bit on a cherry linear.  Gateron linears are very quiet. I think the lack of wobble is probably due to tighter tolerances between the stem and housing, which leads to more contact.  Guess you can't have it both ways.

Final thoughts.  I'd lube any linear anyway, so the fact that I think these need a good lubing is a bit of a disappointment, but not a deal breaker.  Top switch for build quality and wobble (really, the lack of wobble is awesome), but not so much for smoothness.  Gateron takes that crown by a mile. 
keyboards.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #422 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 21:38:55 »
Summary of my results in my quest for the perfect linear switch, with smoothness as the main criteria.

(All tested w/ 62g gold SPRiT springs, EnjoyPBT keycaps, and Techkeys Krytox Thin Mix applied with a fountain pen. Lube points were housing slider rails, top and bottom of springs, and sides + contact points of stems. Switch "tester" was one half of a VE.A with no PCB and stainless steel plate.)

1. Vintage Black Stems in Zealios Housings
2. Gateron Blacks
3. Vintage Blacks
4. Gateron Black Stems in Zealios Housings
5. Pandas

Vintage Black Stems in Zealios Housings was the clear winner, 2-4 are very close together and nearly indistinguishable, and Pandas are quite usable once you have some lube on them (but not quite as smooth as the switches preceding).

Mod linears are awful and should never be used stock.

Lubing these switches gave them a quieter, less harsh, but richer sounding clack.

I also tried out MX Silent Stems in various housings:

1. Zealios Housings
2. Mod Housings
3. Vintage Black Housings
FAIL: Gateron Black Housings
FAIL: Panda Housings

Zealios Housings were again the smoothest here, with Mod Housings actually close behind. I was surprised at this result - the scratchiness of the Mod switches appears to be related to the stems. Vintage Black Housings were scratchy even lubed. Both Gateron and Panda housings caused the silent stems to lose their silence.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2017, 22:34:10 by JDragon »

Offline gaiden

« Reply #423 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 22:35:31 »
Wow thanks guys for the in depth tests and mini reviews! Guess i should stick to gaterons for that dollar/performance.. 😑

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #424 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 05:35:13 »
If I want to make it pillowy like GatBlack what part should I take? GatBlack spring? Or the stem is needed too?

Somehow I still holding on the POM material so I think this switch will be a lot better with longer use.

Offline Korseir

« Reply #425 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 06:06:22 »
Just recently got a response back from Zisb concerning Canadian orders (possibly the rest of the orders even)

Every last order is going out on monday the 6th.  :thumb:

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #426 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 15:50:29 »
Just recently got a response back from Zisb concerning Canadian orders (possibly the rest of the orders even)

Every last order is going out on monday the 6th.  :thumb:

Any idea if the PCB mount bottoms are ready to go with them as well?

Offline Korseir

« Reply #427 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 15:56:27 »
Dunno that was the only response I got back from him (despite being vague)

Offline zisb

• Aluminium, learn to spell it.
    • zisb.io
« Reply #428 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 16:02:19 »
Hello everyone!

As of today 100% of remaining orders are going out this morning. So that includes Europe, Asia and canada.

I know I haven't been the best of groupbuy managers. Once all these are sent I will be doing a full write-up about the issues of the switch, the groupbuy and more. In this writeup I hope to give an insight as to what has been happening and I will also be discussing the solutions to these issue and how I hope to move forward.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 17:30:49 »
Hello everyone!

As of today 100% of remaining orders are going out this morning. So that includes Europe, Asia and canada.

I know I haven't been the best of groupbuy managers. Once all these are sent I will be doing a full write-up about the issues of the switch, the groupbuy and more. In this writeup I hope to give an insight as to what has been happening and I will also be discussing the solutions to these issue and how I hope to move forward.

No worries dude, I'm sure you've got a lot going on irl as well as this. People on here tend to freak out a little bit (which I can understand as some previous gb runners have gone mia for very long periods of time/have still not returned) when they don't hear from people in a while.

Offline zisb

• Aluminium, learn to spell it.
    • zisb.io

Offline Sythe

Re: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Shipped)
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:30:38 »
Nice write up.
Logistics is way harder than people realise. It becomes a lot easier with time though.(Also, hit me up if you want some help from someone else based on Aus)

I know you only just finished the group buy and all, but just wondering if you still plan to sell leftover stock from your store?
I'm very interested in getting my hands on a set after missing out on the group buy(I'm also in Australia, so shipping shouldn't be that bad :P)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 March 2017, 02:15:24 by Sythe »

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 12:43:14 »
Any one in Canada got the switch? I am Order #79, still waiting.....
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline Jumie

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 19:43:13 »
Any tracking number provided?

Offline breitling

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 13:05:25 »
Thanks for the write up and explanation. I don't think it was that poorly managed really, but the fact that you identified what the problems were and found solutions to them is commendable. I still don't have my Pandas yet, but I'm not too worried. I work in a high stress environment and being accountable when the SHTF and facing the music can be a daunting experience. I've had to do it enough times now that its pretty easy. I've found that taking ownership and communicating problems early results in a better more collaborative response.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 17:57:44 »
So... Do the switches need time to "break in" or should I lube them?

Thank you!  :thumb:

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #436 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 18:07:44 »

I feel like the answer no matter what is to lube them, even if there is a "break in".

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 18:39:05 »
I'd use them stock for a while and lube them afterwards, if there is a break-in process extra lubrication will only slow it down.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #438 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 18:41:42 »

I feel like the answer no matter what is to lube them, even if there is a "break in".
Sounds about right unfortunately

Offline tobsn

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 20:55:58 »
are the intl shipments sent out? nothing here yet :/

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #440 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 21:28:30 »
I'm still somewhat interested in the PCB versions of these switches. I would love to get a sample one, but the only place that sells them charge $5 (with shipping) for a single switch.  :'(

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 22:53:03 »
Hey zisb, did you ever sort out what was going on with the PCB mount switches? I think you mentioned before on reddit or something that you were going to email those who wanted PCB mount switches and sort it out after your write up buy I don't believe I ever saw anything from you since?

I assume that all orders have been shipped, but is there a point in which we should ask about our package if there isn't any tracking with these?

Thanks!

Offline Jumie

« Reply #442 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 03:42:48 »
Any asian folks received their switches?

Offline TDub

« Reply #443 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 05:23:06 »
Should we have gotten some sort of shipping notification? International and I haven't gotten anything so far :(

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #444 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 07:32:30 »
Any Canadians get their switches yet?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #445 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 08:55:18 »
Any Europeans get their switches yet?

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #446 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 09:33:21 »
nope. didn't hear or receive anything yet either.

but according to the shipping order we will likely be last :(
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #447 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 10:42:58 »
Any Canadians get their switches yet?
Nope.

Offline Korseir

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 11:09:00 »

Offline loar

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 02:49:34 »
Any Europeans get their switches yet?
Nope