Author Topic: [IC] GMK Hunt | GB: IS LIVE | LuxeCables photos added  (Read 60100 times)

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
[IC] GMK Hunt | GB: IS LIVE | LuxeCables photos added
« on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:00:10 »

GB Thread

Welcome to the Hunt!

My name is Tom and I am so proud to share my project "GMK Hunt" with you.
I am creating this set to get more engaged with the hobby we all share.

This set is inspired by the nice scenery of a hunt. The colours shall represent the firs, muddy grounds and pebble. To match the terrain as good as possible it uses 2 Ral colors and one GMK color.

I am looking forward to all your feedback, for that please comment down below and fill out my IC-Form!

IC Form

More

Chapter 1 by Rooke Design

More

Pneuma by Stef Wolters

Frog TKL by GEON

More

Bear65 by jacky

AXE60 by $mit6y

More

Rama U80 by Rama

KeebStuff                                                                                                                                       Luxe Cables

More

MechFashion

More

Salvun                                                                                                                                       Key Cravings

More

Forest Keys                                                                                                                                       Melonkeys

More

Fraktal Kaps                                                                                                                                       GS Keycaps

Artkey Universe                                                                                                                                       Krakenkap

WinKeys

If you want to support my project, please share it and use the signature below! Thank you for your support!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111089.0][img width=400 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/eWBBlwJ.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 07 December 2021, 13:19:26 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
Re: [IC] GMK Hunt
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:00:49 »
Log
  • Feb 14 FAQ added here
  • Feb 15 New Chapter 1 renders added
  • Feb 21 Vendors Announced!
  • Mar 14
    • New collaborations announced, including:
    • Also added renders with the AXE60 to the IC. Click Here.
  • Apr 18
    • Base kit now includes mod arrows and F13
    • Alternate alpha kit has been added
    • International kit has been added
    • Size and row information added to all kits
    • Pneuma renders added showing off the alternate kit
    • US vendor name adjustment
  • Jul02
    • Added GB Month
    • Added Vendors
      • Korea - Swagkeys
      • Japan - Basekeys
    • Added collaborations
      • Mechfashion
      • Fraktalkaps
      • GS Keycaps
      • Melonkeys
    • Adjusted IC design
  • Jul 03 Color comparison added
  • Jul 18 kitting is final
  • Aug 08 Artkey and Krakenkap Collaboration added
  • Oct 06 MechFashion Prototypes added and Winkeys Collaboration
  • Oct 26 Quotes have arrived, Novelty update
  • Oct 29 GB Announcement
  • Nov 21 added render of Frog TKL
  • Dec 03 added Salvun cap
  • Dec 05 GB is live and added Melonkeys mockup
  • Dec 06 GB is live and added LuxeCables
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 December 2021, 14:34:26 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:12:34 »
Looks like Camping that was left in a mud on a sun for a couple of years

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:22:53 »
Some of those novelties may have issues getting made.

Offline powwu

• Discord
[IC] GMK Hunt
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:31:10 »
edit: spacebar kit image didn't load LMAO

F13, 00, and UKISO numbers avail?
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:33:58 by powwu »

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:53:52 »
Some of those novelties may have issues getting made.

All of the designs were made under the specifications of GMK and were confirmed by Ulliam.  :D

edit: spacebar kit image didn't load LMAO

F13, 00, and UKISO numbers avail?

As of now, this is not planned, I will look into the feedback in the google form and react to it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:57:23 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:15:05 »
Killed it! Love the colours, love the presentation, sign me up for one of each set and however many mats you run.

Offline ibsnugg

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:15:54 »
Very clean. Love the novelties, particularly the arrow and the gun. Much fire!

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:19:39 »
Really like it! Hope this goes well :) Glwic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:27:27 »
mod-colored F13 in base kit please

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:31:15 »
The 65% with the knob looks soo nice. Is it the ZtBoards After?

Offline Emonadeo

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:33:07 »
I love these outdoors inspired sets and this one might be my favorite one so far. Insta buy.
Also I think arrow novelties would fit amazingly into this set! (like the backspace one you have already).

Offline SMOKEY

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:55:15 »
Finally!
Glad I could help, Tom!

The idea with the „arrow arrows“ is awesome!

Offline captomaniacs

[IC] GMK Hunt
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:55:46 »
Just fell in love right away when I heard about it the first time!

Such a Great Set, and nice to work with u Tom

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Offline Senbeii

• Swiggity Swag Whats In Da Bag
    • Keyoto
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 12:41:18 »
Really dig the colors! Hopefully IC goes well  :thumb:

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 12:45:13 »
I love these outdoors inspired sets and this one might be my favorite one so far. Insta buy.
Also I think arrow novelties would fit amazingly into this set! (like the backspace one you have already).

Thank you for supporting the IC! I will consider the novelty idea, thank you!

The 65% with the knob looks soo nice. Is it the ZtBoards After?
You have to ask Proph for this, there are updates on the Chapter 1 in the mykyboard.eu discord.

Offline Terror

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 13:21:30 »
Not my cup of tea but I can see people liking this, glwic ^-^

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 14:32:26 »
Love the set, definitely going to get it

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 14:41:15 »
Treeleaf approves the green used. Ral 6009. Treeleaf green. Forest. Wolves. Bad things happen in the woods when the trees are this color of green. Treeleaf ==  :cool:   
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline komodo90

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 14:45:25 »
Amazing! Certainly well thought set. Beautiful execution in terms of colour scheme. My sincere words of appreciation towards the author for bringing it for us.

However, as much as it would be a guaranteed purchase from my side as far as aesthetics go, there's a fly in the ointment - the sole inspiration of this set.

Now don't get me wrong. I acknowledge that for us, humans, hunting always had and still has an important and valid purpose (more than one), therefore per-se there's nothing wrong here. Yet I still think it doesn't resonate well. I mean we are in a hobby territory - why can't we spent that one bit more care to get rid of potential negativity and try to replace it with more noble motive?

You have a great potential here of changing swiftly from having ambiguous context to something everyone could stand behind.
Why to take for an inspiration a practice of "exterminating" wildlife (an overstatement and not my point in this particular situation, but it could bring such vibes for some of us, more caring for the nature) instead of promotion of it's conservation?

Would you be keen to at least consider looking for some alternative?

And one last note I'd like to leave you all with. While I am not an activist, my personal opinion - hunters that are truly worth a respect are those who use camera instead of a rifle : )

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 15:04:22 »
I see mod color arrow keys in your render but not in the base kit, will you consider adding them?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 15:32:23 »
Please offer dark green alphas as a kit

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 15:37:50 »
Love the inspiration and colours! My only issue with this set is saying the name fast can cause issues

Offline hkiri

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 18:08:16 »
Count me in!

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 20:42:02 »
This actually kinda rocks, like if botanical went camo

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 22:09:06 »
Amazing! Certainly well thought set. Beautiful execution in terms of colour scheme. My sincere words of appreciation towards the author for bringing it for us.

However, as much as it would be a guaranteed purchase from my side as far as aesthetics go, there's a fly in the ointment - the sole inspiration of this set.

Now don't get me wrong. I acknowledge that for us, humans, hunting always had and still has an important and valid purpose (more than one), therefore per-se there's nothing wrong here. Yet I still think it doesn't resonate well. I mean we are in a hobby territory - why can't we spent that one bit more care to get rid of potential negativity and try to replace it with more noble motive?

You have a great potential here of changing swiftly from having ambiguous context to something everyone could stand behind.
Why to take for an inspiration a practice of "exterminating" wildlife (an overstatement and not my point in this particular situation, but it could bring such vibes for some of us, more caring for the nature) instead of promotion of it's conservation?

And one last note I'd like to leave you all with. While I am not an activist, my personal opinion - hunters that are truly worth a respect are those who use camera instead of a rifle : )

As a vegan that deigned the novelties. I don’t tend to look for deep messages in my keycaps. I just buy what I think looks good and don’t use what I don’t. I’d rather see this than another heavily liberated anime character. 

Offline sneekypoo

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 22:24:46 »
Really love the colors and deskmat. As a city boy, this feels really cozy to me.

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 01:45:48 »
I see mod color arrow keys in your render but not in the base kit, will you consider adding them?

Yes, there happened a little accident. I will consider green arrows in base.

Please offer dark green alphas as a kit

This has been suggested a lot, I will look into it!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 02:23:22 »
The wolf novelty alongside the others makes it sound like you think it's morally acceptable to hunt wolves... You don't feed bacon to pigs, you don't have sex with your relatives, and you don't hunt wolves. Nice set otherwise.

Offline proelio

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 02:23:53 »
Love the inspiration and colours! My only issue with this set is saying the name fast can cause issues
I would also consider looking at different naming options or maybe add a "The" infront of Hunt.
Otherwise I like the set.

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 02:59:11 »
The wolf novelty alongside the others makes it sound like you think it's morally acceptable to hunt wolves... You don't feed bacon to pigs, you don't have sex with your relatives, and you don't hunt wolves. Nice set otherwise.

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to hear that you like my colors :D
Ofcourse you do not hunt wolves. The wolve is inplemented for portraying the theme as a whole. The wolve is part of the wildlife.

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 05:23:46 »

I did not read it that way at all. Wolves hunt. It is not a behaviour exclusive to humans.

Offline Reebes

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 09:35:39 »

I did not read it that way at all. Wolves hunt. It is not a behaviour exclusive to humans.

Although the OG comment made me lol I agree with this. I got the vibe of wolves being part of the hunt rather than the prey.

As far as the activist perspective on this layout goes, I get it if you’re not d on the whole hunting thing cause you’ve sworn off meat, but this is more an aesthetic than anything else. Don’t get the novelties in that case! Just pls don’t complain about hunters in between bites of your cheeseburger. If u already eat meat u have to either have 2 brain cells to complain about hunting or be 12 y/o.

Set looks really nice!

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 11:05:53 »

Thank you for your support and feedback!
I really put a lot of work and thought into it :)

This set was solely created for aesthetic purpose and not to create any negativity at all. :)

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 15:42:44 »

Although the OG comment made me lol I agree with this. I got the vibe of wolves being part of the hunt rather than the prey.

As far as the activist perspective on this layout goes, I get it if you’re not d on the whole hunting thing cause you’ve sworn off meat, but this is more an aesthetic than anything else. Don’t get the novelties in that case! Just pls don’t complain about hunters in between bites of your cheeseburger. If u already eat meat u have to either have 2 brain cells to complain about hunting or be 12 y/o.

Set looks really nice!
It was a rare steak actually  ;) 
Jokes aside, I do actually think a Duck or some other prey animal would fit the Hunter vibe a bit better. I'd even take a Salmon. I think the wolf novelty would be a better fit for GMK Forest*.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 15:44:11 »
Colors are very complementary, kitting is solid, novs carry the theme. Nice work and GLWIC.

Offline krispydunts

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 19:51:39 »
Love this set, GLWIC!

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 22:04:09 »
+1 for Dark Green alphas

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 23:24:17 »
This looks great! Love the colors you chose - super earthy (which is my jam!). Good looking novelties too!

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 01:25:46 »
Love this set, GLWIC!

This looks great! Love the colors you chose - super earthy (which is my jam!). Good looking novelties too!

Colors are very complementary, kitting is solid, novs carry the theme. Nice work and GLWIC.

Thank you for your support!

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2021, 01:30:03 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 01:27:31 »

+1 for Dark Green alphas

I consider it
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2021, 01:29:23 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 05:27:04 »
I usually don’t like green keycaps/keyboards but this colour scheme is just so pleasant I would have to make an exception here and get this set! Nice job! I hope the protos look as they do in the renders :)

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 05:44:26 »
I usually don’t like green keycaps/keyboards but this colour scheme is just so pleasant I would have to make an exception here and get this set! Nice job! I hope the protos look as they do in the renders :)

Thank you! I take this as a huge compliment!

Ofcourse the final product will slightly differ, because of monitor calibration, light and so on. However I own real life samples of all the colors and they are very true to the renders shown.

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 05:49:36 »
I'm definitely sold on this! Colors match the theme really well!

N E 3u bars avail?

Might be a stretch but would you consider r5 as well?

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 06:05:17 »
I'm definitely sold on this! Colors match the theme really well!

N E 3u bars avail?

Might be a stretch but would you consider r5 as well?

In my point of view, R5 is not as common anymore, it is mostly used in retro inspired keycap sets and therefore I will stick to R4. :)

I will take a look at the 3U bar, tho!

Thank you for your feedback!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 09:52:06 »
GLWIC!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 02:29:42 »

Offline the_ream

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 03:06:01 »
Not a fan of green sets but this looks like it could change my mind. GLWIC!

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 03:16:47 »

Yikes.

Offline Newsbusel

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 12:11:32 »
I like it! looks like a muted GMK Camping