Author Topic: [GB] Snipe and Snipe JP - Custom Aluminum Case for HHKB Pro 2 and HHKB Pro JP  (Read 41446 times)

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Hey everyone! After the S60, Sho is back with another case that has slimmer bezels as preferred by some. On top of the HHKB Pro 2, there is also a variant that supports the unique layout of the HHKB Pro JP, which is way less common when it comes to custom cases.
293512-0

GB Start Date: 18 November 2022
GB End Date: 15 December 2022
Estimate Fulfilment:
Approx. 3 Months After GB Ends.

Designed by Sho, the Snipe and Snipe JP is a custom aluminium case for the HHKB Pro 2 and HHKB Pro JP.

Compared to the S60, the Snipe offers slimmer bezels, making it more compact which one may prefer over the S60's design.

The Snipe JP meanwhile is a separate design for the HHKB Pro JP, accommodating the unique layout while also retains the slimmer bezel design.

Both designs offer an 18.5mm front lip and a 8 degree typing angle. Supports YDKB BLE module and battery slot is reserved.

Price: From RM969 / S$316.86 / USD 228.68

Product Details and Listing:
Here

Images of Prototype:
293514-1293516-2293518-3293520-4293522-5

Note:
This DOES NOT feature an integrated plate, you will need to salvage housings from boards such as Realforce R1/R2, Novatouch etc or purchase Deskeys Housings in order to complete the build.

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
I have a heavily modded Pro JP (ansi like layout, tmk alt controller, bke domes, rings), which has served me daily for years. A custom alu case would make it god tier!

Only problem I have with this is the lack of integrated plate. I have a spare black Realforce R1 I'd be prepared to sacrifice for the cause, do you have any detailed guides on how to "salvage housings"?
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 November 2022, 18:10:55 by feralfoo »
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
is this active?
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:14:45 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Not quite sure if it’s active. I believe, it’s time for fulfillment, but nothing has been communicated regarding delays.

They are just arriving with us from Sho during the past week or so in batches, we are getting ready to ship them out.

Offline lyon.types

has anyone tried building it already? if so, how's it and are there any additional parts required apart from the topre housing? and also how does the daughter board fit since hhkb 2 has two usb a ports?

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
has anyone tried building it already? if so, how's it and are there any additional parts required apart from the topre housing? and also how does the daughter board fit since hhkb 2 has two usb a ports?

They are pretty decent.
I've ordered additional CF plate and got hardware included (screws and standoffs) enough to build at least another one and have some spares. So, apart from the donor board itself nothing is really required.
Additional USB ports are not interfering with the case, as originally they are deeper than case back face, so it's not an issue at all.

Two downsides I've had are pretty expected: the on/off switch of Yang's controller is not accessible anymore and I've had to change my 3000 mAh battery to 1400 one, as the battery cut is much narrower. It's quite deep though, so probably gonna find some other battery: fatter, narrower and longer.

Oh, and my older T430 can't detect the board anymore. X1 carbon though works fine.

Offline battleskeg

Has anyone already attempted to construct it? If so, could you kindly describe its condition and specify whether any other components are necessary in addition to the topre housing? How does the daughter board slot in given that the HHKB 2 has two USB A ports?