Author Topic: Looking for a HHKB carrying sleeve?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Superfluous Parentheses

Looking for a HHKB carrying sleeve?
« on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 17:04:11 »
... and you don't want to order some miniature briefcase from Japan even though you've just spend a silly amount of money on a tiny keyboard?

Read on!

I've been looking for something to transport my HHKB for some time now. But lately I've been taking it on the road a lot and I really wanted to have something fairly sturdy yet light to put in my backpack with my laptop. One thing I noticed is that most 10 ~ 11 inch "netbook" sleeves are just slightly too cramped to fit one comfortably (or at all).

Found this a couple of days ago, after searching local computer and bag shops for some time: Freecom 3.5" HD Sleeve. I'm assuming it was designed to store those "old-fashioned" 3.5" external drives with the large cases.

Picture:

It's made from some sort of canvas with stiff foam insides. Just the right width and circumference to fit a HHKB snugly, with some space left over for some cables on top. Also: the front pocket just fits my Apple magic trackpad:

If you're in the netherlands, I found it in MediaMarkt (Utrecht) for 20 euros. If you're anywhere else, you may want to scout for similar items.

Note that Freecom apparently also makes an extremely similar looking sleeve for 2.5" drives, which I'm sure won't fit a HHKB.
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.