Author Topic: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - GB LIVE ☠  (Read 20617 times)

Offline Psyoshi

[IC]☠ GMK TERROR - GB LIVE ☠
« on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:24:05 »
☠ GMK TERROR ☠
This set is a homage to some legends of horror, both in film and paper. As a kid, I was often frightened by horror movies until I found the works of R.L. Stine at a Scholastic Book Fair. His way of storytelling captured my imagination and helped me to rationalize my fears, desensitizing me to the horrors that once frightened me. Which is what the horror genre has done for so many of us throughout its existence. Monster thrillers in particular were always my favorite though, taking the boogiemen that we checked under the bed for as kids and making them into metaphysical constructs that were more logical and rational for our brains, with weaknesses. Even sometimes, like in the case of Frankenstein's monster, showing that maybe the monster isn't a monster but just misunderstood and fearful. These stories span cultures and generations but it wasn't until horror entertainment did we have a common vision and explanation for what we could not explain. Where we no longer feared the monsters in the dark but instead sought them for our amusement. I hope my vision can bring you joy and nostalgia, to harken you to the first moments and the many great ones that being "scared" has given us.

Groupbuy live October 23rd - November 23rd

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

The Monster - Base Kit

Lights Out - Alternate Alphas

Chapters - Spacebars

Terroville - Novelties

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
"Welcome to Terrorville"
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
This beautiful deskmat designed by Inputuniverse captures my vision of a sequel that never came to one of my favorite books growing up. After having just escaped death, the main characters are told by their "saviors" they are not headed for sanctuary as they hoped. Instead to a monster hotspot known as Terrorville. So I bring you to Terrorville with me, where the monster stars of old all reside. I hope you enjoy this fun explorative accent with your setup as much as I did dreaming it up.
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
More
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
          Skullmat         
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
A step away from the wild side to bring GMK Terror and your keyboard front and center. The Skullmat is a more subtle patterned deskmat, sure to delight the senses. So whether you want an adventure or to sink into the feeling of Terror, I got you covered.
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

More

Deskmat designs and renders courtesy of InputUniverse
https://www.instagram.com/inputuniverse/?hl=en

HibiMX

Asero Foundries

GMK Terror x KBDfans D60lite (Available at all vendors!)
More

Amazing renders done by Jaekeyed https://www.instagram.com/jaekeyed/?hl=en

KN2.10² by thesiscamper

Hubble65 from Mechs & Co w/ Yoniwolf
More

Haus from Hand Engineering
More

Pearl from Pearlboards by Koobaczech
More

Maja from KBDfans

Discord
discord.gg/mechsandco

Special Thanks
Shout out to Jaekeyed for the immense amount of support and time he has put into helping me make this vision a reality. Nibbler for the work she did for my novelties. InputUniverse and the incredible deskmat that went beyond even my expectations. My team at Mechs & Co for the support over the long development of this and encouragement. As well as the many others who had helped me or encouraged me along the way. Without all of you, this would likely still be a what-if in my mind.

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 October 2021, 14:34:03 by Psyoshi »

Offline Psyoshi

Re: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - A Horrortainment Tribute ☠
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:25:22 »
To Do List/Change Log
7/24
Awaiting Quotes
Finalizing Collabs
Reviewing IC responses
Make kitting changes
Deskmat samples
Final Quotes

7/27
Added renders for Pearlboard's Pearl (40%)

7/28
Added Proto[typist] as UK vendor
Added more artisan collaborations and Rama
Leonardo Da Mouse collaboration

8/12
Added more artisan collaborations
Added wrist rest collaboration with Artisan Labs
New Skullmat (Patterned deskmat) added
Deskmat samples ordered
Signature added
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 August 2021, 14:11:57 by Psyoshi »

Offline scott_mk

• Formerly kayne
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:30:07 »
Reserved.

GLWIC

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:31:39 »
My desk has been needing a little spook. Great work bud, very excited to have this in my setup!  :thumb:

Offline spikedsynapse

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:31:52 »
Sooper Spoooky! GLWIC :D :thumb:

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:32:07 »
Nice work Patrick, GLWIC!

Offline Jacki

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:34:47 »
GMK Joker

[img width=267 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/in3VqH2.jpg[/img

Offline Sissy

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:45:20 »
Very nice concept and good colors to match.

Offline SodiePops

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:45:36 »
Love this so much!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Weebito

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:50:17 »
Really nice color scheme GLWIC

Offline pool

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:50:23 »
Congrats Patrick!  :thumb:

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 21:33:42 »
very nice deskmat, set colors arent for me but the theme is awesome. GLWIC (pls no comic sans I beg)

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 22:31:04 »
I appreciate the 40's support in base. GLWIC

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 00:03:59 »
Please consider moving the 4 purple R4 1u keys in the 2nd novelty kit to the 1st to cover the right column key of 65/75s layout. Also please change some of the 1.5u R4 keys of the 1st kit to 1.25u for standard bottom row.

Offline Psyoshi

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 00:39:24 »
 I want to start with thank you, everyone, so far the response has been way better than I could have hoped for. Please keep this wonderful feedback coming.

Please consider moving the 4 purple R4 1u keys in the 2nd novelty kit to the 1st to cover the right column key of 65/75s layout. Also please change some of the 1.5u R4 keys of the 1st kit to 1.25u for standard bottom row.
My original thinking was to help mitigate the cost bloom of being forced to grab a larger novelty kit by offering two smaller kits and aim to price them within the range of a combined kit. I completely understand though, it was a bit of a tricky balance to decide on placement, so I appreciate this feedback, and will likely consider a combined novelty kit. As for the 1.5u to 1.25u novelties, I meant to have that in the IC form so, thank you. I have updated that as a question in the IC for which of the two should be moved to 1.25u.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 01:08:47 »
I want to start with thank you, everyone, so far the response has been way better than I could have hoped for. Please keep this wonderful feedback coming.

My original thinking was to help mitigate the cost bloom of being forced to grab a larger novelty kit by offering two smaller kits and aim to price them within the range of a combined kit. I completely understand though, it was a bit of a tricky balance to decide on placement, so I appreciate this feedback, and will likely consider a combined novelty kit. As for the 1.5u to 1.25u novelties, I meant to have that in the IC form so, thank you. I have updated that as a question in the IC for which of the two should be moved to 1.25u.
The 1st novelty kit does not have a single R4 1u key to cover the 65/75s right column while the 2nd one has 8. That's why I asked for it tho.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 July 2021, 01:25:35 by nvh2092 »

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 03:00:53 »
Amazing. An easy cop for caps + mat for me. This set speaks to my childhood too! Great job with the novelties on the whole. Especially for ISO folks

Offline hagiwaraDaisuke

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 03:28:45 »
The deskmat looks so awesome!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 04:23:58 »
please combine novelties in a single kit.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 07:20:03 »
Another Unit-01 set? Easy cop.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 07:23:14 »
This set is cool but why are the kits rendered on pita bread?

Offline Psyoshi

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 14:40:07 »
This set is cool but why are the kits rendered on pita bread?
Hahaha that's a good one, it does look like it could be some pita bread. It is a leathery parchment, like what you might find in the Necronom-icon  ;)

please combine novelties in a single kit.

This is already in consideration, please make sure to fill out the IC form if you didn't already as that is a posed question there.

Offline bowljob

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 15:06:45 »
Interested in seeing the spooky collabs, alternate sets.

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 15:21:08 »
Great set. Interested in spooky collabs too! Oh, and in even more novelties)

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 16:19:27 »
This set makes me feel almost nostalgic.

I don't think I'd cop just due to the colorway, but GLWIC all the same!

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 17:13:51 »
spooky indeed :D

Offline luke2fr

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 05:33:41 »
I love this !
Definitely in   :)

Offline Gnome

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 06:38:50 »
I think this needs a witch novelty and would've liked to see the both novelty kits combined with reduced accented keys.
I really like the design of the deskmat. I noticed random squiggles around the moon area, they would be very easy to edit out so if you were afraid of yoinkers you could upload in lower resolution.
Good luck  :thumb:

Offline Psyoshi

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 15:49:32 »
I think this needs a witch novelty and would've liked to see the both novelty kits combined with reduced accented keys.
I really like the design of the deskmat. I noticed random squiggles around the moon area, they would be very easy to edit out so if you were afraid of yoinkers you could upload in lower resolution.
Good luck  :thumb:

A combined novelty kit is going to be submitted for quotes as there is a healthy response to wanting to buy a combined kit. The initial reasoning behind the split on novelties I mentioned above but support seems to be there. If you haven't filled out the IC form yet please do, especially in regards to things you feel could be omitted. As it currently stands you can kit 2 boards with base kit + alt alphas, novelties also would allow for two boards to be furnished.
Thank you for the deskmat compliments, InputUniverse did a marvelous capturing my vision to the letter. I brought up what you mentioned to him though, thank you for looking out for others.

This set makes me feel almost nostalgic.

I don't think I'd cop just due to the colorway, but GLWIC all the same!

Thank you that still makes me really happy to hear. I wanted people to feel this set not just see it, so mission accomplished.

Offline Psyoshi

I'm happy to announce that Proto[typist] will be my UK vendor.

We also have some wonderful new additions to the resin artisan collaboration list as well.

PLUS, there will be custom special edition mice from Leonardo Da Mouse that is sure to bring "life" to your desk.

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
A better Eva set than the actual Eva set.

Nice

You should include uh orange for uh extra spookiness factor ya know
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 July 2021, 12:45:47 by NAV »

Offline Psyoshi

Big updates, our list of featured guests is finally near it's climax.
Check out the updated list of Artisan keycap and accessories, still 1-2 more to come but it's a surprise.

We also have a new deskmat to the lineup, The Skullmat, to help give a subtle backdrop for you to showcase GMK Terror or your favorite set on.

Samples of the deskmats have been ordered and will have photos of them once they arrive.
Also will have updates to novelties expected later this week.

Thank you everyone for the support so far.

Offline Psyoshi

Re: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - Updated Novelties ☠
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 23:26:04 »
Novelties have been updated and the novelty kits are now condensed into just one kit by popular demand.
Also added 1.25u novelties.

IC Form 2.0 launched while we await quotes.

If any major changes need to be done still another round of quotes will be needed, barring that a GB date will be set once quotes are back.

Thank you everyone for all the love and support so far, this project would never be a reality without you all!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 02:03:17 »
Novelties have been updated and the novelty kits are now condensed into just one kit by popular demand.
Also added 1.25u novelties.

IC Form 2.0 launched while we await quotes.

If any major changes need to be done still another round of quotes will be needed, barring that a GB date will be set once quotes are back.

Thank you everyone for all the love and support so far, this project would never be a reality without you all!
Nice new novelty kit, so now we wait for quotes? It's gonna be  very long just for that  :p

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 04:04:04 »
Show Image

It looks like you have quite a few 1u keys for 40% ortho support here, but they shouldn't really be in the base kit. For example, the kit has no matching spacekeys for ortho. Therefore, I recommend removing the following keys:
  • R2 1u Out
  • R3 1u Data
  • R4 1u Shift
  • R4 1u Enter
Optionally, you could include an accent-colored R2 1u Esc key for slightly extended 40% staggered support (4-key instead of 3-key), but that's about the only such key that'd be worthwhile having in base.

2u Shift is a debatable inclusion, but I guess you can keep it for now.

Since all of the spacekeys are in the spacebars kit, you can move the Alice B key to that kit. Both colors are already used in the kit, so this shouldn't affect pricing (other than by the cost of a single 1u key).

Offline XiXora

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 07:16:13 »
I wouldn't mind two 1.5U Super and extra 1u Alt for HHKB and Mac if there is "spare" budget left, if the above post is taken onboard ;)

Offline Psyoshi

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:10:34 »
Kitting for BASE and Spacebars has been updated, and I was able to get them to our rep in time for quotes. Quotes hopefully coming next week.

Show Image

It looks like you have quite a few 1u keys for 40% ortho support here, but they shouldn't really be in the base kit. For example, the kit has no matching spacekeys for ortho. Therefore, I recommend removing the following keys:
  • R2 1u Out
  • R3 1u Data
  • R4 1u Shift
  • R4 1u Enter
Optionally, you could include an accent-colored R2 1u Esc key for slightly extended 40% staggered support (4-key instead of 3-key), but that's about the only such key that'd be worthwhile having in base.

2u Shift is a debatable inclusion, but I guess you can keep it for now.

Since all of the spacekeys are in the spacebars kit, you can move the Alice B key to that kit. Both colors are already used in the kit, so this shouldn't affect pricing (other than by the cost of a single 1u key).

Hey Konstantin, thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time after this to talk to me on Discord. I looked over what you were saying and it 100% makes sense so I took you advice and applied the changes. The kitting has been updated as such and it definitely is cleaner and hopefully should bring costs down some. Best part is, the change got through in time for this round of quotes, and hopefully should have those next week.

I wouldn't mind two 1.5U Super and extra 1u Alt for HHKB and Mac if there is "spare" budget left, if the above post is taken onboard ;)

As I mentioned in the above reply I am currently awaiting quotes with the changes Konstantin recommended. If they are within a good range and the projected added cost isn't to much I will consider this. In the meantime got some sick 1.5u novelties that can work.

Offline AuroraCamo

Re: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - Updated Kitting/Quotes soon ☠
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 12:25:38 »
Pog, big hype for this set.

Offline Psyoshi

Re: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - Groupbuy date set ☠
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 15:30:23 »
Big news today everyone!

GROUPBUY DATE HAS BEEN SET!!!
Join us October 23rd - November 23rd while we embrace our childhoods and fears in an expression of joy!

Pricing is being finalized as we speak.

D60lite x GMK Terror will be available at ALL vendors!
Rama etched is switching to Asero.
ARTKEY is joining the collab list!
Also, a newcomer Entity Artisans will be bringing their wonderful mask tech to grace us this Halloween!

Offline Psyoshi

Re: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - Pricing updated ☠
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 22:58:10 »
With ~24 hours to go till sites start going live, we have our final update.

Pricing for all vendors has been set!

You might notice some additions to the images and the collab section.
Also changed the formatting a little to get ready for the groupbuy post.

Offline Psyoshi

Re: [IC]☠ GMK TERROR - GB LIVE ☠
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 14:36:04 »
Groupbuy is live!
All further updates will be here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115076.0