Author Topic: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V3 Shipping Soon)  (Read 98634 times)

Offline Lisinge

Re: [GB] HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 17:41:57 »
Anyone else not able to get a response from Mechboards about defective hs60s lately?

I've found most success on discord. Pm david, he's been responding to me, slow at times but still responding :)

Offline silversilver

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:10:19 »
Hello, I accidentally broke my HS60 ANSI PCB! Can I have the wiring map? I need to jump some wires.

thanks!

Offline silversilver

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 05:14:33 »
Hello, I accidentally broke my HS60 ANSI PCB! Can I have the wiring map? Need to jump some wires.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 06:41:41 »
Hello, I accidentally broke my HS60 ANSI PCB! Can I have the wiring map? Need to jump some wires.

PM us a picture :)

Offline nimblejacks

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 07:52:48 »
Having several issues with the PCB and none of the fixes have solved the problems... sent a PM to you guys.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 08:55:56 »
Having several issues with the PCB and none of the fixes have solved the problems... sent a PM to you guys.
I've sent it to the designer - awaiting reply

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Offline nimblejacks

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 12:27:36 »
I've sent it to the designer - awaiting reply

When can I expect a response? Is there another method I can use to contact them directly? Thank you.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 19:07:46 »
will the hhkb ever see an official release? if anyone has one lying around I have the perfect board for it.  :D

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 20:30:12 »
will the hhkb ever see an official release? if anyone has one lying around I have the perfect board for it.  :D

HHKB pcb is planned for round 2

Offline umalip

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 14:39:31 »
Is anyone else having issues with keypresses not registering with this PCB?  everything tested fine at first, then sporadically, had issues with presses not registering, and the board being unresponsive.  Every hour or 2, i need to unplug my board, and re-plug to reset it.  Am i the only one with these type of issues?

Offline quint

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 06:21:47 »
Same with mine. No problems at all when u switch off the leds.. Try that..

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 09:15:42 »
Is anyone else having issues with keypresses not registering with this PCB?  everything tested fine at first, then sporadically, had issues with presses not registering, and the board being unresponsive.  Every hour or 2, i need to unplug my board, and re-plug to reset it.  Am i the only one with these type of issues?

Same with mine. No problems at all when u switch off the leds.. Try that..

There are updated .hex files on the QMK depository which should solve these issues that you're having. We had to soft limit the LED's so they don't draw too much power. Just reflash with the updated .hex files. This should fix it :)

Offline umalip

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 10:38:21 »
Thanks!  I'll try that tonight!

Offline quint

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 06:48:54 »
Good to hear that! Will test  :thumb:

Offline umalip

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 10:13:57 »
Yeah, that did not work.  sorry, i'm a noob at programming KB so it could possibly be my fault, so here's the steps i did:

1) updated my QMK and msys2
2) copied the updated config.h file to my keyboard folder with my edits to layout
3) made a .hex file and uploaded that to the keyboard via the "Reset" (FN+rt bracket)
4) test out keyboard, and if i type too fast, certain key strokes do not register

Offline silversilver

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 10:22:20 »

PM us a picture :)

Pmed a few days ago. Please check. Thanks.

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 16:26:16 »
Picture of my very first build ever. HS60 PCB + Sentraq Champagne Gold Aluminum Plate + GMK Screw-In stabs + EnjoyPBT 9009 + Pok3r case.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 09:36:56 »
Having the same issues as umalip and quint. I have reflashed with (I think) the most up to date version of the repo but am still having the issue.

To elaborate on it further, it doesn't seem to be all RGB modes that are causing problems. It is the default one (which I actually like the most) that does a slow rotating wave/windmill effect of changing colors. It seems that one and another that is similar are causing the missed keypresses, as I am able to use other rgb modes and turn off the leds all together and everything works fine. I have resorted to not using the leds at all, but would love to be able to turn them on without fearing my keypresses won't register and the board will randomly disconnect. Please advise if there is anything else I can do.

Offline umalip

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 08:14:25 »
Having the same issues as umalip and quint. I have reflashed with (I think) the most up to date version of the repo but am still having the issue.

To elaborate on it further, it doesn't seem to be all RGB modes that are causing problems. It is the default one (which I actually like the most) that does a slow rotating wave/windmill effect of changing colors. It seems that one and another that is similar are causing the missed keypresses, as I am able to use other rgb modes and turn off the leds all together and everything works fine. I have resorted to not using the leds at all, but would love to be able to turn them on without fearing my keypresses won't register and the board will randomly disconnect. Please advise if there is anything else I can do.

I have re-flashed my board multiple times with the new config files in the QMK folder and have tried turning off and on the NKRO, and i'm still having issues with the board not matching my typing speed.  I have to type around 50-60 wpm just so it can keep up with my keystrokes.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 08:44:20 »

I have re-flashed my board multiple times with the new config files in the QMK folder and have tried turning off and on the NKRO, and i'm still having issues with the board not matching my typing speed.  I have to type around 50-60 wpm just so it can keep up with my keystrokes.

To both,

This is an issue with QMK and the controller which we can't fix I'm afraid. Try using less intense LED effects. This will be changed in V2.

Offline umalip

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 08:49:38 »

To both,

This is an issue with QMK and the controller which we can't fix I'm afraid. Try using less intense LED effects. This will be changed in V2.

Can i get a replacement v2 board?  I can return this one i have currently.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 12:27:53 »
will there be a round two for the GB or will be the late on stock? I remember reading this somewhere, that is is planned to stock the PCB?

Offline hokie_programmer

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 21:16:03 »
Hey everyone, I just got a PCB from someone off r/mm. It is registering all the keys correctly, but I might have broke the LED functionality. I turned it on and was tweaking all the settings and it looked like all the lights just suddenly turned off. Maybe the speed was too fast? Anyways, I cannot turn the light back on now. Anyone here have this problem before?

Never mind. I just had to reset it. All is good now.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 October 2018, 21:34:33 by hokie_programmer »

Offline TheDankMatter

• Ladies & Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space.
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 07:36:06 »
Still waiting for HHKB layout to happen  :thumb:

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 09:49:09 »
Are we gonna see a V2 ISO version soon?  :eek:

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 10:06:38 »
Still waiting for HHKB layout to happen  :thumb:

There will be one available :)

Hey everyone, I just got a PCB from someone off r/mm. It is registering all the keys correctly, but I might have broke the LED functionality. I turned it on and was tweaking all the settings and it looked like all the lights just suddenly turned off. Maybe the speed was too fast? Anyways, I cannot turn the light back on now. Anyone here have this problem before?

Never mind. I just had to reset it. All is good now.

Glad you got it sorted! Ify ou do have any issues with flashing etc moving forward lower the brightness of the LED's a couple clicks. Should help.

See below :) Prototype being tested so we'll be going into production again soon.

205392-0

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 12:47:23 »

See below :) Prototype being tested so we'll be going into production again soon.

(Attachment Link)

YESSS :thumb: what a beauty of a ISO RETURN(S)  :p
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2018, 12:49:18 by RETURNISO »

Offline towhatend

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 13:49:17 »
Will there be a version with ISO and split shift?  :D

Offline Rumai

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 19:40:33 »
In for HHKB.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 10:05:12 »

The GK64 already exists for 60% with arrows so I don't think we'll do split right shift :/

In for HHKB.

205601-0

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 12:07:13 »

The GK64 already exists for 60% with arrows so I don't think we'll do split right shift :/

In for HHKB.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Damn will all new v2 PCBAs be black?  :eek: How long time are you thinking before we can hit the preorder button?  :cool:

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 07:01:00 »
HS60 V2 preorders will go live tomorrow.
There will be other stores with stock/preorders open as well so we'll keep you posted.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 08:13:49 »
There will be other stores with stock/preorders open as well so we'll keep you posted.

Fast! Awesome, looking forward  :thumb:

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 08:26:14 »

In for HHKB.

So close, i thought this was going to be my first hotswap pcb to play around with... Any chance you could add in pads for 2U backspace?

Offline Hund

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 09:07:55 »

In for HHKB.

(Attachment Link)

So close, i thought this was going to be my first hotswap pcb to play around with... Any chance you could add in pads for 2U backspace?

The HHKB layout is designed to have the backspace on the 1.5U Key on row 3 where you have `|` and `\` on regular ANSI keyboards.
Change is not always progress.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 09:20:53 »

In for HHKB.

(Attachment Link)

The HHKB layout is designed to have the backspace on the 1.5U Key on row 3 where you have `|` and `\` on regular ANSI keyboards.

Correct, was just inputting my personal preference.

Offline Hund

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 10:16:38 »

Did you find a new manufacturer or is it the same one as last time?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 12:23:07 »

New manufacturer and QA process.

Offline Hund

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:46:11 »

New manufacturer and QA process.

That sounds reassuring. :) I'm very exited!

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 05:56:01 »
Updated first post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95050.msg2588701#msg2588701

Exclusive Hotswappable SMD RGB LED 60% Keyboard in ANSI, ISO, or HHKB. Supports QMK. Developed in partnership with Yiancar
Fits all standard and aftermarket 60% cases.

SEE MORE FOR FAQ’S
The PCB is compatible with QMK firmware. The PCB will ship fully complete, with all components in place.
V2 will include an ARM processor, and Matte Black finish.

This preorder will run for 2 weeks. Looking at delivery 8 weeks from now (18-25th Dec)

Ordering from Australia/NZ? – PREORDER FROM DAILYCLACK
Ordering from Canada? – PREORDER FROM MECHKEYS.CA
Ordering from the US? – PREORDER LINK SOON

Did you order the V1? Get £15 off when ordering by entering your OLD order number in the notes section. We’ll then manually apply the discount after purchase. Order must be placed through Mechboards.co.uk

More
Q1: What about other layouts?
A1: We now have ANSI, ISO, HHKB layouts. We’re sticking with standard layouts for now, as we can’t add multiple layouts to the same PCB as the hotswap sockets can’t overlap. Trying to cover all possible layouts would be impossible so it’s standard for now. if there are enough people wanting other layouts, we may look into them.

Q2: What happened to the upside down esc and 1 keys?
A2: It’s due to the placement of the USB connector following the universal GH60 standard. The hotswap sockets can’t fit otherwise!

Q3: Is it difficult to collect all the parts needed for a full keyboard and to put it together using this PCB?
A3: Any other 60% case you find that has standard mount holes, and any standard plate, will work with this PCB

Q4: Does it have underglow?
A4: No as the power draw for all the in-switch LED’s is quite high already. There are exposed pins to add underglow RGB strips, but this is experimental and up to the user.

Q4: Can I set the RGB?
A4: Yes! It comes with different styles as well as colour picker. QMK community is working toward a hosted software to do that as well but its still under development.

Q5: USB-C? or Mini
A5: Mini for now

Q6: Do i need diodes, resistors, etc?
A6: The board is fully complete and ready to go!

V1 -
More
Hotswap 60% in standard ANSI or ISO layouts. Fully soldered PCB with in-switch SMD RGB LED's, which fits all standard 60% cases and plates.
White PCB. Designed and assembled in the UK. QMK Support.

GB will run for 3 weeks (End 27th April) and looking to ship 2-3 weeks after for mid May release

2 versions:
ANSI in standard 60% layout
ISO in standard 60% layout

£50 for Group Buy, £65 after (plus shipping) - NEWS - We now have an NA proxy! thekey.company will be handling all orders to North America. Therefore I will be refunding shipping (besides £2.50 to cover my shipping to TKC) in due course and then TKC will send a separate invoice prior to final shipment. This will lower the shipping costs considerably.

https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/parts/hs60-pcb/

This will first be a GB and then stocked all the time at Mechboards.co.uk

We're also looking for non-EU stockists!

More images and details soon

FAQ

More
Q1: What about split shift/split backspace/other layouts?

A1: We’re sticking with standard layouts for now, as we can’t add multiple layouts to the same PCB as the hotswap sockets can’t overlap. Trying to cover all possible layouts would be impossible so it’s standard for now. if there are enough people wanting other layouts, we may look into them.

Q2: What happened to the upside down esc and 1 keys?

A2: It’s due to the placement of the USB connector. The hotswap sockets can’t fit otherwise!

Q3: Is it difficult to collect all the parts needed for a full keyboard and to put it together using this PCB?

A3: Any other 60% case you find that has standard mount holes, and any standard plate, will work with this PCB

Q4: Does it have underglow?

A4: No as the power draw for all the in-switch LED’s is quite high already

Q5: USB-C? or Mini

A5: Mini for now

Q6: Do i need diodes, resistors, etc?

A6: The board is fully complete and ready to go!

Offline Hund

Re: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V2 Preorder LIVE - 24th Oct)
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 06:10:00 »
Well, you wasn't kidding with the HHKB. I assumed it was the HHKB with 7U spacebar and not the original. This means that we have to buy the one case available for it or manufacture something yourself. No new PCB for me then. :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 06:12:00 by Hund »

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 06:13:47 »
Well, you wasn't kidding with tthe HHKB. I assumed it was the HHKB with 7U spacebar and not the original. This means that wwe have to buy the one case available for it or manufacture something yourself. No buy for me then. :(
It's 7u. My KLE layout picture is incorrect. I'll get that fixed.

Offline Hund

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 09:13:15 »
Well, you wasn't kidding with tthe HHKB. I assumed it was the HHKB with 7U spacebar and not the original. This means that wwe have to buy the one case available for it or manufacture something yourself. No buy for me then. :(
It's 7u. My KLE layout picture is incorrect. I'll get that fixed.

That's great! :)

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 10:26:01 »
Preorders are available in other countries now :

Ordering from Australia/NZ? - https://dailyclack.com/collections/products/products/hs60-pcb - PREORDER FROM DAILYCLACK
Ordering from Canada? - https://mechkeys.ca/products/hs60-pcb-gb - PREORDER FROM MECHKEYS.CA
Ordering from the US? - https://dixiemech.squarespace.com/shop/hs60/ - PREORDER FROM DIXIEMECH

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 12:45:15 »
Hey @Mechboards, I would really like to see an ANSI WKL version (1.5u - 1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u) with split Right Shift, but standard 2u Backspace.

I joined Round 1, and I’m hoping such a layout will be available in Round 3 so I can get a second PCB.

Good luck with Round 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 13:34:35 »
So is there no way to get the R1 discount when ordering through Dixiemech?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 00:53:55 »

Anybody? Anybody? Beuller?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 05:41:50 »

Anybody? Anybody? Beuller?

No, but the PCB's are roughly priced the same. If you order through us I'll make sure it's the same price.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 15:20:51 »
Picked up a 7u,

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 16:50:51 »
Bummed it's not USB C