Author Topic: Rainy day people  (Read 2294 times)

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Rainy day people
« on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 10:21:25 »
Love rainy days, especially ones with thick fog. The atmosphere is just sublime. Plus I get to point my speakers out the window and play silent hill 2 ambiance to freak out anybody walking by :D
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: Rainy day people
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 10:49:47 »
Worst that’ll happen is an RA tells me to cut it out, and if they’re not gonna stop the people shaking the entire floor with trap music at 2 in the morning I doubt they’ll care about the dulcet tones of Akira yamaoka’s score.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 11:07:24 »
Took a hike with my daughter yesterday. We weren't in rain, we were actually in the cloud.
That's it on the left side of the photo, taken from below.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 12:07:38 »
That’s amazing!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 17:12:54 »
Not having a vehicle, I absolutely ****ing loathe the rain with a passion.
Rain and wind. Instant day ruiner.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 21:29:48 »
To each his own, at least it's not hail like I just had to drive through XD

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 01:50:06 »
To each his own, at least it's not hail like I just had to drive through XD

I mean I spent 9 months working a minimum wage job where the bus stop was just a stick in the dirt on the shoulder of a highway, through the dead of winter, taking the bus home in the middle of the night, with zero light or cover from elements, and the bus only comes once every 55 minutes. Half the time they would just speed by me, leaving me to wait another hour. An absolutely miserable experience which I have not embellished at all.
I would gladly go to Hell than do that ever again.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 15:02:37 »
Completely understandable then.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 19 February 2023, 08:43:14 »
Rain is cool if you don't actually have to go anywhere or do anything.

Sometimes mist can be pretty cool, too. In the morning or evening, cycling through that can be a very nice sight.

Most intense rain I've ever seen was when I was in Vietnam. It was raining so hard that it came down off the roofs in actual sheets. Just a sheet of water pouring from all sides of each building. We were just having lunch in a small cantina at the time. It was incredible.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 19 February 2023, 09:13:42 »
Yes, rain is usually nice if you are indoors.

Light warm rain can be fun in small doses, but once you pass the threshold of "wet and miserable" the experience gets ugly very fast.

I find it pleasing when the weather drowns out the "human" sounds we are usually surrounded with. Snow is particularly good for this, and the absence of sound inside the cloud during our hike (once we got a few hundred yards away from the road) was similar to a snow landscape.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 07:23:35 »
Ever read All Summer In A Day by Ray Bradbury?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 08:30:39 »
Ever read All Summer In A Day by Ray Bradbury?
Can't say I have. Haven't read a book in a bit because for the longest time I didn't know I needed glasses and couldn't actually read the text on the page XD