Author Topic: [GB] MiTo DSA: Sci-Fi - ONE MORE ORDER AVAILABLE!  (Read 32101 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
[GB] MiTo DSA: Sci-Fi - ONE MORE ORDER AVAILABLE!
« on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 20:20:22 »
Hello Geekhack,

Long time since we last spoke, I hope you're doing fine.

I'm running a Group Buy featuring a new project and I'm making this post to let you know that the whole thing is live on Massdrop, right now. The idea is to release new color schemes periodically, to match Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in game weapon skins. We are starting with the Sci-Fi guns - Asiimov and Vulcan. Redline, Hyper-Beast and many others will come in the near future.

The project consists in a DSA keyset meant for regular users around the world, DSA fans and of course, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players. I included custom novelties to match the key-bindings featured in the game and because the chosen profile is DSA, all of the keycaps are interchangeable. Therefore, every key-binding pattern that could possibly exist in the game is covered. Primary, secondary, knife, nades, movement arrows - we have it all.

As I mentioned, the keyset can also be used by a regular user, since it features regular text modifiers with more than 10 international compatibility kits - including Cyrilic. Wanna take it to work? Fine, you can do that. Wanna play at work? That's okay too but don't forget to bring your headset and microphone so you can rage at the russians, for an ultimate matchmaking experience. Your boss will be more than happy to have such a dedicated employee.

We also cover the Planck layout.

Below you can find some mock-ups, that I did featuring some of the possible combinations that you can achieve by mixing all of the child deals I created.

- 40/60% ~ http://imgur.com/a/oqlO2

- TKL ~ http://imgur.com/a/5DQop

- 100% ~ http://imgur.com/a/9CbHw

I'm currently talking with Massdrop about the following additions to the current drop:

- Text legended arrow keys to the Planck kit (8 keycaps, 4 on blue and 4 on orange) - ADDED!
- Legended Ergodox kit (full kit on blue, full kit on orange) - ADDED!
- Non-standard bottom row for Logitech G710/Corsair Kx0 users - ADDED!

These are things requested by the community and I'm trying my best to deliver what people requested. If I fail to add these things, don't worry because multiple drops are guaranteed.

For now, color tones are:

> White - WW (pure white)
> Blue - BFN (sky blue)
> Orange - ON (vivid orange)
> Black - NN (pure black)

Materials and Specs:

- ABS 2shot semi-matte top and sizes for everything but Cyrilic (which is dsub)

You're more then welcome to post here with questions & feedback and I apreciate your attention.

LINK TO THE GROUP BUY

LINK TO KEYCHATTER FEATURING A 3D RENDER

Many thanks to my wingmen Oxheart, Andrew, Aaron, Matt3o, Valamoraus, Massdrop, Signature Plastics, the entire /r/MK community and all of my supporters and friends in here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:41:19 by MiTo »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Looking good  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Invaderevan

I for 1 am a little bummed there isn't an orange/blue 1u + cap :/

but I ordered it anyway.

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
Nice work! SP isn't really my thing, but I appreciate the execution.

I wonder if any of the pros would slap this on their boards and start streaming or competing with them on.

GL with the GB. :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Looking good  :thumb:

Thanks Liv.

I for 1 am a little bummed there isn't an orange/blue 1u + cap :/

but I ordered it anyway.

I apreciate your support, welcome to the club!

Nice work! SP isn't really my thing, but I appreciate the execution.

I wonder if any of the pros would slap this on their boards and start streaming or competing with them on.

GL with the GB. :thumb:

I'm working with Massdrop and the plan is to contact people from Cloud9, NiP, fnatic and others.

Let's see what happens!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
That would be pretty dope if you can grab them. Maybe a custom key if they say okay?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
That would be pretty dope if you can grab them. Maybe a custom key if they say okay?

Yeah, perhaps some color matching schemes or player keycaps.

Who knows?!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
I thought you were done with GeekHack and done designing keysets after you got called to the carpet for ****ting all over some of our most respectable members and making half-hearted apologies?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66241.0

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Just remember, every post is just more advertising for this super original Portal CS:GO themed set.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
This thread has been cleaned up due to attacks by and against multiple users. Future attacks in this thread will be cause for warnings.

I know some people here have problems with each other, and while you're all welcome to discuss things rationally, name-calling and other attacks will not be tolerated.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

This thread has been cleaned up due to attacks by and against multiple users. Future attacks in this thread will be cause for warnings.

I know some people here have problems with each other, and while you're all welcome to discuss things rationally, name-calling and other attacks will not be tolerated.

I fail to see how my posts were attacks, just sharing relevant info about the user operating this group buy.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

I fail to see how my posts were attacks, just sharing relevant info about the user operating this group buy.

+1

People joining group buys need to know who they are dealing with.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator

PM'd.

If anyone else wants to discuss the removed posts, you can PM me and we will discuss. I'm quite busy with life at the moment, but I'll do my best to reply in a timely fashion
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Is mito dsa a new profile? Why is mito in the name?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

I was wondering that too.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

People joining group buys need to know who they are dealing with.

People are dealing with Signature Plastics and Massdrop, two great companies. I simply designed and organized the idea. They are great to deal with, I guarantee you.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:25:00 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

I was wondering that too.

It's a cool name, good for marketing.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Just remember, every post is just more advertising for this super original Portal CS:GO themed set.

I'm not entirely sure that you know what Asiimov and Vulcan are, as Counter Strike: Global Offensive ingame weapon skins. But I'll try to explain.

Asiimov is an orange, white and black weapon skin collection while Vulcan is an entirely different sci-if "Nerf Gun" skin on blue, white and black.

The Sci-Fi keyset is intended to be used in orange, black and white (for Asiimov fans) or blue, white and black (for those who like Vulcan). Not blue and orange at the same time, so I don't understand why do you believe that are any similarities with the Portal series.

If you read OP carefully you'd see that other color schemes will be offered soon, like Redline and Hyperbeast. Our focus here is to cover CS:GO fans without sidelining regular users.

Regarding originality, I hand picked these colors and completely drew the novelties in order to make them manufacturable and cool for the game. I've never seen such a versatile keyset, as it covers every binding pattern that could possibly ever exist.

Originality was something that I had in mind while designing the project, because I know that non-original ideas tend to fail - like Apollo GT, for example. Designing a keyset is much more than throwing some colors on a layout. It's even worse when the colors don't even look good, which is not the case here since we are using black and white as a base.

I'm glad that you are concerned about advertising but I've got this, don't worry. Thanks for the support.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Please wait 24 hours before bumping your thread, reported.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
I thought you were done with GeekHack and done designing keysets after you got called to the carpet for ****ting all over some of our most respectable members and making half-hearted apologies?

+1

It seems whenever money is involved, they just can't resist the siren song of old Geekhack, whether they were permanently banned from the site, or, as in this case, they professed to leave and not return.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
All I will say is that I think it is important to let people grow up and try again. Putting people down does no good for anyone.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:53:43 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:04:42 by esoomenona »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy

Interesting quote from that thread:

You guys are ****s.. man.. ****s......   If GH gets hacked again.. I blame all of you...
Show Image

Heh. Well done TP.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
To all of you trolling, whenever you want to discuss the GB, you are welcome.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2015, 11:15:19 by MiTo »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Out of curiosity, how come there is no option for other weapons in place of the AWP? Like an M4 in blue or an AK in orange?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
[click for video]

This wraps up this thread all too perfectly...

Ok, I'm out. Gotta watch Dazed and Confused now, dangit.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
Hi,

I buy group buy, I no receive email with tracking,

Please provide

Thank you
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Out of curiosity, how come there is no option for other weapons in place of the AWP? Like an M4 in blue or an AK in orange?

We don't have these other weapons because the novelties being offered are replacements to gear binds, not buying binds.

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:27:53 by MiTo »

Offline Limewirelord

We don't have these other weapons because the novelties being offered are replacements to gear binds, not buying binds.
Suggestion - Vulcan colored set has an AK keycap whereas the Asiimov colored set will have an AWP keycap.  It'd make sense to me, at least.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Hi,

I buy group buy, I no receive email with tracking,

Please provide

Thank you

My bad, your invoice probably got buried in my inbox.

Your tracking code is: 4YY-LM40-UV3-B33N-M3M3D

We are expecting some delays but I guarantee you that shipping will conclude before Penumbra's.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
+1

It seems whenever money is involved, they just can't resist the siren song of old Geekhack, whether they were permanently banned from the site, or, as in this case, they professed to leave and not return.

Unlike many users here I do keyboard related things for pure fun. I'm not worried about money because this is a hobby, not a career. To all of those avid GeekHack users who make money with keyboards, I'd like to suggest such people to convert their profits to the Don't Hack GeekHack cause, for better security of the servers.

If the situation of the forum ever gets critical, which fortunately is not the case, it would be a pleasure to to run 2uLSE and convert any eventual profits to the GeekHack's maintenance.

A hobby is supposed to be a hobby, not a job. Some people start getting confused after making a few bucks.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Suggestion - Vulcan colored set has an AK keycap whereas the Asiimov colored set will have an AWP keycap.  It'd make sense to me, at least.

But the Asiimov collection is not limited to the AWP. We've got the P250, Ak-47, M4A4 and even a Tec-9. What could we do?

The AWP rifle is there to resemble the primary weapon, that's pretty much it.

Offline slickmamba

Random question. But rank are you in csgo?
Hi :)

Offline Limewirelord

But the Asiimov collection is not limited to the AWP. We've got the P250, Ak-47, M4A4 and even a Tec-9. What could we do?

There isn't an in-game Asiimov for the AK.  I meant making the Vulcan keycap set (the blue one) have an AK since that would be the AK-47 | Vulcan.  I get that that's what the AWP is there for but eh, some of us are riflers :P

There also isn't an Asiimov P250, it's the P90.  The more you know  :D

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

There isn't an in-game Asiimov for the AK.  I meant making the Vulcan keycap set (the blue one) have an AK since that would be the AK-47 | Vulcan.  I get that that's what the AWP is there for but eh, some of us are riflers :P

There also isn't an Asiimov P250, it's the P90.  The more you know  :D

The Asiimov collection covers much more then the AWP/A4. VALVe didn't implement it yet, but the Skins are there. There is indeed the P250 Asiimov, and also the M4A1-S and the AK-47. VALVe bought the license for the whole collection and they will be added eventually. Search for Coridium's workshop to see what I'm talking about.

I understood your suggestion, it was pretty nice to match colors with their skins. I will add rifles for the entry fraggers in the next drop!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Eagle, do you play too?

Offline slickmamba

Eagle, do you play too?

Yeah, eagle/LE now too
Hi :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Just a reminder, as we are moving to the last 72h hours of GB!

Offline dav1k

MiTo,

First, I'd like to express my excitement for this keycap set. I'm new to the custom keyboard world, but when I saw these on Massdrop, it definitely struck a nerve. This was a great place to begin.

I began to find a keyboard to put these on. Comparing many consumer boards with some of the crazy custom stuff out there, I quickly realized if I want all the crazy features, I'm gonna have to build something myself. Unfortunately, I can't decide on a type: 60%, 65%, 75%, TKL, Full-size, Ergodox, etc.

Anyways, it has led me to a couple questions regarding this set:
One, your first post here states the Ergodox kit is legended however the media on the Massdrop description page do not reflect this. Please confirm.
Second, I understand the drop is closed, does that mean it will be impossible to source this keycap set in the future? (I'm looking at the Planck caps in this case)

Thanks!

EDIT: For anyone else interested, it has been confirmed by MiTo (via Massdrop discussion) that the Ergodox kit is not legended. Apparently that's only for moon men or something.  ;D :-[
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 03:21:37 by dav1k »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Just a reminder, as we are moving to the last 72h hours of GB!

Geez you're BACK  :o .

Looking forward to some MiTo design Goodness here, don't leave without doing some more designs. 

We here on Geekhack want as many key-sets as possible because we're sick and perverted individuals who know nothing but extreme keyboard compulsion, so we shall be addicted till the day we die.

Geekhack is the Crack-Cocaine of the Web  8) .

Offline T_ReV

Darn missed this. Anyway to still get in?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [GB] MiTo DSA: Sci-Fi - ONE MORE ORDER AVAILABLE!
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 19:37:40 »
Alright, two updates!

#1 UPDATE

It is still possible to join the Group Buy but there are two requirements:

• Only one person;
  • The order must be at least US$120.

The order is going to ship directly from Massdrop and I am covering worldwide shipping for you.

For more details, please check this thread on /r/MM -> https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3hdls5/h_mito_dsa_scifi_leader_order_w_paypal/

#2 UPDATE

Color tones!

regular desk monitor lightning

room lightning

outside, sun lightning

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2015, 21:59:03 by MiTo »

Offline turboloser

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 22:42:38 »
Wait, what is Redline?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 13:43:26 »
What?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:50:32 »
Just for reference, the extra spot was filled like 15 days ago and production has been great so far.

We are ahead of schedule.

:D

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 17:45:55 »
Well I did not buy the base kit as I'm not really a fan of white keysets, but I did get the 1337 kits.
This is my first time experiencing DSA profile which is rather interesting to say the least.
Was kinda surprised that there weren't any light bleeds for the blue keys, only the orange and red.
Here are some pictures of the kits:

[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 19:08:17 »

Well I did not buy the base kit as I'm not really a fan of white keysets, but I did get the 1337 kits.
This is my first time experiencing DSA profile which is rather interesting to say the least.
Was kinda surprised that there weren't any light bleeds for the blue keys, only the orange and red.
Here are some pictures of the kits:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow...
This kit turn out really good and can't wait to see how this will go with my  Atomic keyboard.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline mudkipzing

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 23:34:29 »
Do you still have that one more order available or this title old? Interested in the Base + blue mods.

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 23:54:25 »
Do you still have that one more order available or this title old? Interested in the Base + blue mods.

MiTo mentioned that the extra spot has been taken.

[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline dav1k

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 00:32:37 »
I love this keycap kit. I order nearly everything i could:
  • Base Kit
  • Blu-mods
  • Tsangan Kit
  • Defuse Kit
  • 60% Strip
  • 1337 Kit
  • 2H Ergodox

Unfortunately, the many of us who ordered the base kit did not receive the 6.25U spacebar. I understand they know of this issue and are working on it.

Otherwise, I friggin' love these caps! DSA is really nice as well!