Author Topic: (GB)GMK Camping (shipped)  (Read 82599 times)

Offline The_judge_168

Re: (GB)GMK Camping (all proxies except NA shipped)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 21:33:53 »
Got my tracking today, glad to get shipping after the month and half delay!

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 14:28:46 »

UPS plz

Offline jaeun87

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 16:45:53 »
Show Image

UPS plz

Ouch. I swear UPS is getting slower and slower. I ordered something last friday (8/31), and it said Wednesday delivery so I thought I would be getting it today. But little did I know, it said Wednesday 9/12/18... UPS PLS

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 17:11:55 »
Show Image

UPS plz

Ouch. I swear UPS is getting slower and slower. I ordered something last friday (8/31), and it said Wednesday delivery so I thought I would be getting it today. But little did I know, it said Wednesday 9/12/18... UPS PLS

Depends on delivery address relative to the origin point, I suppose. I live in California and half the time UPS delivers a day ahead of schedule. It's happened with both Ground and SurePost services.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 17:47:43 »
Show Image

UPS plz

Depends on delivery address relative to the origin point, I suppose. I live in California and half the time UPS delivers a day ahead of schedule. It's happened with both Ground and SurePost services.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by USPS getting stuff across the country in <=48hrs.

Offline upintheclouds

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 19:27:21 »
Got my package today!   :D :D  :thumb:

Now to build the board it'll live on.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 13:45:52 »
Anyone interested in selling their camping set? :cool:

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:03:00 »

Seems to be in stock for sale now: https://kono.store/products/gmk-camping

Got mine in today, caps look great. On a side note keyset was shipped in poly bag that arrived half open. Thankfully nothing missing but half of bubble wrap around keyset was off so my plastic tray is cracked and the banderole is bent and pockmarked.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:52:04 »

Seems to be in stock for sale now: https://kono.store/products/gmk-camping

Got mine in today, caps look great. On a side note keyset was shipped in poly bag that arrived half open. Thankfully nothing missing but half of bubble wrap around keyset was off so my plastic tray is cracked and the banderole is bent and pockmarked.

Thanks for the update. Woot! placed an order for a set.

Offline lizardsticks

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:51:31 »
Yeah thank you for informing about it being live! Was able to snag a kit

Offline megaforce

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:10:39 »
yikes those reviews on the product page

those ****ers are impatient as **** lmao
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline eksuen

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:26:23 »

I really dislike those types of reviews as they are not reviews of the product itself.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:31:18 »

I really dislike those types of reviews as they are not reviews of the product itself.

Where else are people supposed to show their distaste for a company and their practices?

I don't think anyone would say Kono handled the shipping situation with this set well.

If someone has a problem with the way a company handled a product, and they purchased said product, there's really no better place to put these things.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 18:05:52 »

Where else are people supposed to show their distaste for a company and their practices?

I don't think anyone would say Kono handled the shipping situation with this set well.

If someone has a problem with the way a company handled a product, and they purchased said product, there's really no better place to put these things.

I don't have an answer for you in this case, but those reviews are still not representative of the product itself. I don't think it's a good practice to tank an individual product's rating when the ire is directed at the company as a whole. Amazon, for example, has seller feedback separate from product reviews.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 21:01:59 »

I don't have an answer for you in this case, but those reviews are still not representative of the product itself. I don't think it's a good practice to tank an individual product's rating when the ire is directed at the company as a whole. Amazon, for example, has seller feedback separate from product reviews.

Amazon has also created a site where additional sellers can sell products. Kono is an individual seller.

Maybe if Kono had a "provide overall feedback for our lack of communication skills here" button right on the main page, people could use that. As it stands now, there isn't one, so people use what they can to leave feedback.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 23:51:15 »

Amazon has also created a site where additional sellers can sell products. Kono is an individual seller.

Maybe if Kono had a "provide overall feedback for our lack of communication skills here" button right on the main page, people could use that. As it stands now, there isn't one, so people use what they can to leave feedback.

Yes, I understand that. I still don't like it. As they are allowed to complain about Kono, I am allowed to complain about them.

Offline Ar556

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 00:15:18 »
The 1 star reviews are super whiney. If you are unhappy with their business you should Email kono.store support or write about it in your diary.

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 06:45:35 »
Novelkeys posted an update to Reddit, here's the info on the deskpads:

Quote from: mgsickler
Camping Deskpad Updates
  • We expect to have the shipment of deskpads sometime towards the end of next week. Once we get them, we will ship out.
  • There will be a few extras available. We will announce when they are for sale.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 15:31:06 »
Received my set today. Something to note is that the GMK tray was just in a poly mailer with a single wrap of bubblewrap instead of a box like I'm used to GMK sets arriving in.

Everything seems fine I guess as the condition of the banderole doesn't concern me greatly, though it does concern me how it could have easily been worse off shipped like this.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 16:49:15 »
Yeah, that's not exactly the best packaging I've seen.  I usually trash my banderole, or whatever we are calling it.  GMK should really think about moving to set trays like Maxkey and dev/tty

You don't get to see the set laid out perfectly, but it sure makes the dimensions more shipping friendly. 

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 19:05:42 »
Yeah, Imo Maxkeys has the ideal set packaging for shipment since their trays come with their own box, but that mostly works cause their sets are small enough to fit them. Sets the size of GMK kits might have a harder time in a setup like that.

Edit: Actually opened my set when I got a bit of time. Definitely as good as I thought it would be. Seems to me the red that looked to be sort of a brick red in the renders definitely has more brown in it irl, but other than that everything's great and I can't wait until I can afford a board to put it on since I don't really want to put it on any pretool Jades.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2018, 19:52:51 by donutcat »

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 23:39:29 »
Mine was also in a somewhat poorly packed bag. The boxing is bent a bit at the corners, but the keys are fine.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 00:40:12 »
I have made mention of the poor packaging to the Support team in Kono Store and they have noted this albeit I am unsure whether it will still affect future shipments within GMK Camping. They are also willing to refund $3 for damage on banderoles.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: (GB)GMK Camping (shipped)
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 21:15:46 »
Thanks again The_judge_168 for letting me know it was in stock. 

203510-0

Some more shots here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/zlQHyJa

Probably won't keep it on this board for long, but it looks nice here.

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 22:00:02 »
Thanks again The_judge_168 for letting me know it was in stock. 

(Attachment Link)

Some more shots here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/zlQHyJa

Probably won't keep it on this board for long, but it looks nice here.

Looks great! Nice match with the case

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 18:13:28 »
I have a very small amount of extras for the camping deskpad available now. https://novelkeys.xyz/products/camping-deskpad-gb

These will most likely also end up on MD in the future.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 21:29:24 »