Author Topic: [IC] THINK6.5° - PC/Alu 65% Keyboard (Brass Raffle 4/13)  (Read 183382 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

THINK frame in my study room

Show Image

I thought this board might have been inspired by one of my favorite movies, for a moment. ;)

In all seriousness, this is why I try not to browse the IC threads too much... because then I stumble across projects like this and I get the urges.  You know the kind that I mean.... the kind that makes me spend the monies for the keyboards...

Great looking board though.  So much good 65% stuff lately.

Wow, nice! Thank you so much, bro.
Contain the urges :)

Offline TheMnBN

Show Image

Show Image

I thought this board might have been inspired by one of my favorite movies, for a moment. ;)

In all seriousness, this is why I try not to browse the IC threads too much... because then I stumble across projects like this and I get the urges.  You know the kind that I mean.... the kind that makes me spend the monies for the keyboards...

Hey now, I think you're actually the source of all the urges with regular update on GH, reddit and instagram  ;)
Not that I'm complaining!

Offline Starius

Show Image

Show Image

Hey now, I think you're actually the source of all the urges with regular update on GH, reddit and instagram  ;)
Not that I'm complaining!

That's true.   He says "Contain the urges," but his actions say, "Encourage the urge!"  ;)

And when you get the urge, the only prescription is.... more keeb!  ;)

Offline Bhk1004

Looks like White/Gold PCB is beginning to set a comfy lead.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
We are considering adding a 4th layout of compatible with badge, please fill out the form or update your old form if you are interested in this layout: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KRWAYYYrB1h_g5ScqGBNsXAQZ2xYPu9bjIPLAIRx--4

Note the decision to add the 4th option has not been finalized and we will include only if enough people are interested. Thank you for the suggestions. Appreciate the support.

214995-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2019, 12:09:13 by oldcat »

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
We are considering adding a 4th layout of compatible with badge, please fill out the form or update your old form if you are interested in this layout: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KRWAYYYrB1h_g5ScqGBNsXAQZ2xYPu9bjIPLAIRx--4

Note the decision to add the 4th option has not been finalized and we will include only if enough people are interested. Thank you for the suggestions. Appreciate the support.

(Attachment Link)

Good stuff Oldcat, thanks so much for giving the 4th layout a shot by putting it in the IC form! I think I have said this to you before, but that would my ideal version of this board. I'm really hoping it garners enough support to get added, I already edited my IC form to vote for it. Come on compatibility people lets make it happen! :thumb:

Offline ninjacore

Will edit - thanks!

Offline Darknight00z

All praise split backspace with badge

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
In trying to make sense of the textual feedback we received, I did some simple LDA topic modeling of the text . It is an unsupervised text mining approach but you kind of get what topics poll participants are talking about. Feel free to use the data to do some analysis and get some insights too.

215030-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:22:06 by oldcat »

Offline Starius

In trying to make sense of the textual feedback we received, I did some simple LDA topic modeling of the text . It is an unsupervised text mining approach but you kind of get what topics poll participants are talking about. Feel free to use the data to do some analysis and get some insights too.

(Attachment Link)

Yep.... I feel much more insightful after reading that....  😜

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

(Attachment Link)

Yep.... I feel much more insightful after reading that....  😜

Haha :)

Offline voxkey

Amen! Let’s up that split backspace support and vote for layout #4!

Offline Bhk1004

Not looking good so far...

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Not many have updated their forms yet, let’s wait to see what happens

Offline voxkey

The new form has only been active for a few hours and we already have 22 for layout #4. I’d say that it’s looking pretty good!

Offline ninjacore

Praise be!

Offline phunktional

I really hope this comes through. Please vote!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Update: Prototype material QC passed, will put on CNC machines soon.

215060-0

Offline voxkey

Update: Prototype material QC passed, will put on CNC machines soon.

(Attachment Link)

Looks like you'll have to make four prototypes meow!!!

Offline Bhk1004

The new form has only been active for a few hours and we already have 22 for layout #4. I’d say that it’s looking pretty good!

Looks like support still coming in!

Offline voxkey

Looks like support still coming in!

I think once the ISO crowd realizes they can now get the compact 660 layout with option #4, support will go crazy. At least I hope!

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] THINK6.5° - Polycarbonate 65% Keyboard (PCB Color Poll, #4 Layout Poll)
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 12:00:08 »
Honestly I think oldcat should only offer #1 plus #4 and leave out the rest. The badge is what makes this board look especially distinct and unique.

Look at the TGR 910. That board owns the “65% with a blocked top right corner” look now. You see that layout, you know it’s a 910.

Let this board own the “65% X 66%” look.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2019, 12:07:34 by nguyenhimself »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Honestly I think oldcat should only offer #1 plus #4 and leave out the rest. The badge is what makes this board look especially distinct and unique.

Look at the TGR 910. That board owns the “65% with a blocked top right corner” look now. You see that layout, you know it’s a 910.

Show Image

Thanks, bro, for the feedback. That was my original intent. It seems quite a few people do not like a 660 layout though.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

Thanks, bro, for the feedback. That was my original intent. It seems quite a few people do not like a 660 layout though.

Offline KevlarBear

The only way I would switch to the badge layouts would be if badges are offered in the same PC color of the case so I do not have to color match my sets against the badge color or spend money to color match the badge to my set of choice.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

The only way I would switch to the badge layouts would be if badges are offered in the same PC color of the case so I do not have to color match my sets against the badge color or spend money to color match the badge to my set of choice.

Optional PC badge and anodized aluminum color badges are just being discussed in discord. Will consider that.

Offline Sic_Alpha

If there is a demand for non-badge, and oldcat is willing to make them, then why remove them as an option?

Offline voxkey

If there is a demand for non-badge, and oldcat is willing to make them, then why remove them as an option?

Combining options #2 and #3 would allow for a non-badged option for any layout and still keep it at 3 layouts total. You could still likely use the hotswap pcb as well. Just a thought.

Offline Bhk1004

Combining options #2 and #3 would allow for a non-badged option for any layout and still keep it at 3 layouts total. You could still likely use the hotswap pcb as well. Just a thought.

Agree, think too much overlap between the 2 options to seperate it.

Offline Sic_Alpha

I'm not opposed to combining.  I'm in as long as there is a non-badge, split backspace option.  If that comes with a hot-swap scenario, then bonus!  Considering a second with badge; not sure if I can swing that yet though.

Offline voxkey

I think for layouts this makes the most sense to me:

1) ANSI fixed with badge (the way oldcat intended it to be)

2) Compatible with badge

3) Compatible without badge

Doesn't increase the amount of layouts and serves the most people at the same time.

Obviously just my opinions on the matter. The fact that all of our feedback is encouraged and readily heard is incredible.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I think for layouts this makes the most sense to me:

1) ANSI fixed with badge (the way oldcat intended it to be)

2) Compatible with badge

3) Compatible without badge

Doesn't increase the amount of layouts and serves the most people at the same time.

Obviously just my opinions on the matter. The fact that all of our feedback is encouraged and readily heard is incredible.

This could potentially work, but let's see how the final poll converges :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

I still kind of think there is a sizable crowd who did not change to badge version because they do not want to switch. Let’s find out soon

Offline Bhk1004

Option 3 is non badged?

Offline voxkey

Option 3 is non badged?

Yes, option 3 has no badge. It’s a straight 65% layout.

Offline krey

As long as I get my 7u space bar you will have my support oldcat. :)
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline Starius

I'd just be happy with badge and hot swap, myself.

Though I noticed that the hotswap options support both standard and stepped capslock?  Is that right? 
I don't think I've seen a hotswap that's supported both of those before. 

Offline whalematrontron

Definitely keen on this! Looks great

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
As long as I get my 7u space bar you will have my support oldcat. :)

Yes :) That vintage look :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

One more render while we wait for the proto

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Making Prototype in progress. 3 machines running now.

215177-0

Offline PikaJoyce

Making Prototype in progress. 3 machines running now.

(Attachment Link)
This is looking really good!!!

Offline empa

been a fan of the fc660 for a long time so i personally like the 66 layout.
appreciate the regular updates and pics .. keep them coming!

Offline kolyz

Board looks great!  :thumb:
Will badges/ weights be available in different colors? Will you include stabilizers?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Will badges/ weights be available in different colors? Will you include stabilizers?

Usually adding extra stuff like GMK stabs increases wait time, but yeah - oldcat, are you planning to include these?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Usually adding extra stuff like GMK stabs increases wait time, but yeah - oldcat, are you planning to include these?

No stabilizers unfortunately, like any other keyboard GB on Geekhack :) Feel free to buy them from novelkeys, it’s about 10 dollars for a whole set and they ship very fast.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Hey bro!

Yes different color badge options are being considered, poll coming soon.
Default will be brass pvd for both badge and weight
And no stabs sorry. You can buy from novelkeys for 10 dollars

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Took a day to fine tune and almost done before polishing and sandblast for frosting

215192-0

215194-1
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 March 2019, 10:17:12 by oldcat »

Offline kolyz

Hey bro!

Yes different color badge options are being considered, poll coming soon.
Default will be brass pvd for both badge and weight
And no stabs sorry. You can buy from novelkeys for 10 dollars
Yeah I will definitely grab them from novelkeys, I was just wondering if you were going to include any stabs to begin with :)
Super excited to see the final prototype of the brass badge and weight!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Took a day to fine tune and almost done before sandblast for frosting

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nice!!