Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | REFUNDING  (Read 206836 times)

Offline edsucks

Just got a shipping notification for my board. Thanks for the fast turnaround Devin!  :)

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like there's just 1 extra unit left in black.

Offline plugable

V2 is in the house!

Brothers... V1 and V2 (bottom)

All those interested in accessories, I will be testing fitment best I can this weekend and send an update via email. I will need to track down longer screws to include for anyone wanting a diffuser spacer. If you're not on my mailing list, PM me with your email address and I will add you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
V2 is in the house!

Show Image

Brothers... V1 and V2 (bottom)

Show Image

All those interested in accessories, I will be testing fitment best I can this weekend and send an update via email. I will need to track down longer screws to include for anyone wanting a diffuser spacer. If you're not on my mailing list, PM me with your email address and I will add you.

oh wow, the black looks nice

love those keycaps too
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline frostbyte-gaming

Received my mech27 today this matte finish is something else. Great work 27 definitely glad with how this turned out. :thumb:

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They look amazing!  I’m also impressed by how fast you did the builds.

Offline plugable

They look amazing!  I’m also impressed by how fast you did the builds.

I cheated. I used my V1 plate and PCB. (My V1 currently has an Alps SKCM Brown build in it...)

Offline bminhz

Definitely interested in those additional accessories...just wonder if I'm on the list?

Also, that black is beautiful...so glad I got it!

Offline plugable

Definitely interested in those additional accessories...just wonder if I'm on the list?

If you have not gotten an email from me, then no. You're not on the list. PM me with your email address!

Also...

Cork bottom done!

Maple leaf insert (I lost the stem, but you get the idea)

Diffuser / spacer is also done! (to be user without alignment pins)

I also have longer screws on order to compensate for the extra thickness. They will arrive on Saturday for me to test fit.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
Received my mech27 today this matte finish is something else. Great work 27 definitely glad with how this turned out. :thumb:

That finish is out of this world!

Ah. Regret.
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@plugable

Looks great!  PM’d

Offline Etherealsound

If you have not gotten an email from me, then no. You're not on the list. PM me with your email address!

Also...

Cork bottom done!
Show Image

Show Image

Maple leaf insert (I lost the stem, but you get the idea)
Show Image

Diffuser / spacer is also done! (to be user without alignment pins)
Show Image

Show Image

I also have longer screws on order to compensate for the extra thickness. They will arrive on Saturday for me to test fit.

Beautiful! Are you using the diffuser from R1 or did you have one made?

Offline plugable

Beautiful! Are you using the diffuser from R1 or did you have one made?

I made it. I have a laser cutter.

Offline cirrus82

This really looks fantastic. Congrats! Strongly considering jumping on an extra. Any plans for a matching numpad in the future?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
This really looks fantastic. Congrats! Strongly considering jumping on an extra. Any plans for a matching numpad in the future?

he's mentioned to me before that he wants to do one, so i imagine he will do one at some point
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline get_weird

This might be too far into the future but is there any chance of a v3 run? I'm asking just in case all the extras get sold out.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
This might be too far into the future but is there any chance of a v3 run? I'm asking just in case all the extras get sold out.

I'll definitely consider it, but I want to try out some other stuff first  :thumb:
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll definitely consider it, but I want to try out some other stuff first  :thumb:

Only one black one left, so if you’re interested I wouldn’t wait.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

did somebody say injection molding?

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
Nobody said that, silly Puddsy.  :p

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
Nobody said that, silly Puddsy.  :p

You didn't hear anybody say that  :cool:
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like the extras are all sold out!  Congrats to 27  :)

Offline bbmathlvr

I got shipping notification about a week ago, but it still says "shipping information received" is this accurate or is there something wrong with my shipping updates?
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
I got shipping notification about a week ago, but it still says "shipping information received" is this accurate or is there something wrong with my shipping updates?
It's waiting to be picked up by the DHL driver along with some others.  If a tracking number is provided, it's ready to go but hasn't been picked up yet.  :thumb:

Offline bbmathlvr

Great. Just wanted to make certain :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has anyone considered filling the maple leaf on the bottom with something?  I don't know if it's feasible to get it to stay inside the void or not, but I was wondering about filling it with coloured resin like they use to make keycaps.  Maybe even embed a 2018 "toonie" ( a Canadian 2$ coin ) in there as well.   I think red resin on a silver case would look pretty cool...

Offline crtexcnndrm99

Has anyone considered filling the maple leaf on the bottom with something?  I don't know if it's feasible to get it to stay inside the void or not, but I was wondering about filling it with coloured resin like they use to make keycaps.  Maybe even embed a 2018 "toonie" ( a Canadian 2$ coin ) in there as well.   I think red resin on a silver case would look pretty cool...

Red fill looks good with brass - a Tiffany blue resin would look sweet with your silver though.. :o

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Red fill looks good with brass - a Tiffany blue resin would look sweet with your silver though.. :o
I was thinking red just to stick with the Canadian theme, but I agree blue would look great!  Not sure how feasible/reasonable the idea is though as I've never worked with resin.  I'd hate to make a mess.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
i've been looking into something similar for my mira, i'll let you know

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh were you going to be replacing the bronze weight?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

Oh were you going to be replacing the bronze weight?

nono

filling in the logo

Offline quadfreak

Just need a diffuser to make use of this underglow! Thanks for a smooth gb 27!

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
These pictures are hyping me up even more!  :eek:

Offline bbmathlvr

Same! Mine is coming tomorrow! That's insanely fast shipping :O

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
I still haven't gotten a e-mail about it shipping, are they all sent?

Offline bminhz

haven't received email for shipping either :(

Offline bbmathlvr

This board is beautiful I feel like I was subject to a lot of hype, but it still exceeded my expectations. Thanks for running the GB, 27, and thanks to Pudsy for encouraging me to join!

Now that I need to build this thing... Anyone have a preferred guide for stabs. I want to make sure that I (a) Install them correctly and (b) make them as quiet as possible. Thanks for any tips :D

Offline Ponkan

I still haven't gotten a e-mail about it shipping, are they all sent?

haven't received email for shipping either :(

No shipping for me either. It's hard to wait patiently when all these beautiful boards are coming in!

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
The waiting part is the worst part. Still waiting for mine too. Lol

Offline edsucks

Mail day!

A few quick pics in different lighting until I actually build this thing.

The finish on this board is superb, thanks for the fast turnaround and smooth GB  :thumb:

Offline Ponkan

Mail day!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The finish on this board is superb, thanks for the fast turnaround and smooth GB  :thumb:

Super smoof

Offline Unforgivable

Mail day!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Matte finishes are ridiculously beautiful. I’m so sad I missed out on Silver extras.

Offline edsucks

Matte finishes are ridiculously beautiful. I’m so sad I missed out on Silver extras.

Super smoof

Yeah, the finish on this board really exceeded my expectations.
The matte finish looks even nicer in person, and it's perfectly smooth to the touch.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
Mail day!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice... still waiting for my Navy Blue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline edsucks

Definitely interested in seeing some navy blue kits. It was between silver and navy for me, but I ultimately decided silver would be the most versatile color.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias

Definitely interested in seeing some navy blue kits. It was between silver and navy for me, but I ultimately decided silver would be the most versatile color.
Yea... been there. In the end, I counted my silver board, 5 to 0. So gamble with Navy. Glad I do so. Cheers.

Offline edsucks

Yea... been there. In the end, I counted my silver board, 5 to 0. So gamble with Navy. Glad I do so. Cheers.

Some variation is always nice. I'm sure the navy is going to look excellent as well.  :thumb:

Offline weaston

Mine came in yesterday, just wanted to say great job and thank you to 27, this board is an absolute beauty :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:31:40 by weaston »
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
Hey everyone! I've been a little quiet recently and sorry about that.

School has been picking up, and I have had to prioritize that for the past week.  I will be packing some more kits with some friends this weekend and there will be more shipping notifications going out along with those.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

Mail day!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Super smoof
Damn, I should’ve known it would turn out this nice. Now I think of it, I’ve probably spent on smaller items what I would’ve spent on this.. *sigh*