Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 284884 times)

Offline munch

• !
Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #800 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 13:53:58 »
and 7Teku I'm not sure if you're a troll or what the deal is but... this is simply not true. cloth is not the best for tracking.
please show some actual data instead of these short posts, if you would like to prove a point (which Logitech's research team has disproven, the best surface is a finely textured black hard certain type of plastic apparently).
In my experience, every mouse that I've tried on a hard pad (hard cloth is fine), icemat, destructor, g440, etc, all feels like it has swamp cursor. For me, the PCS has been higher in every test I've done on cloth pads.

well then I'm not sure what that could be because of. there should be no difference in input lag at all, and black hard plastic pads have been shown to be the better for tracking.
are you sure you're not talking about the physical feel, like it feels slower because your arm requires more force to stop the mouse? I can't think of any other reason.
PCS I can't answer for since I'm not entirely sure how that works, and I don't really compare it too much since I'm fine with under 3m/sec. but cloth pads tend to get really good PCS as well.

Offline 7Teku

« Reply #801 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 00:13:40 »
well then I'm not sure what that could be because of. there should be no difference in input lag at all, and black hard plastic pads have been shown to be the better for tracking.
are you sure you're not talking about the physical feel, like it feels slower because your arm requires more force to stop the mouse? I can't think of any other reason.
PCS I can't answer for since I'm not entirely sure how that works, and I don't really compare it too much since I'm fine with under 3m/sec. but cloth pads tend to get really good PCS as well.
I didn't say that there was a difference in input lag. What I meant by swamp cursor is that it's a feeling similar to a mouse with a ton of smoothing. e.g. It doesn't feel as precise as it should, like an MLT04 mouse vs a 3050/some 3090 mice.

I know cloth pads get really good PCS, that's the main reason why I praise them. I consistently play at ~4 m/s and non-cloth pads always cause my mouse to skip and malfunction. If I use the same mouse on a cloth pad, I won't be able to surpass the max tracking speed. 

Offline Bucake

« Reply #802 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 07:47:40 »
great control is indeed how I would describe it. noticeably better than a glass pad. I still prefer glass but... mostly for glide feel.
I do hope it will last a few years. I'm not 100% sure how the alugraphics pads are made, but if it's hard anodized, it should last a veryyyyy long time.
just hope you have a set of feet to replace with every 2-3 months or so :p

I'll let you know what I find out! although, not going to have mine in another month or so.
but you have your alugraphics for now ;)

you weren't kidding; my skates are bleeding material :D
unfortunately it makes my mouse spaz out from time to time when flicking in games :<
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #803 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 21:26:00 »
I didn't say that there was a difference in input lag. What I meant by swamp cursor is that it's a feeling similar to a mouse with a ton of smoothing. e.g. It doesn't feel as precise as it should, like an MLT04 mouse vs a 3050/some 3090 mice.

I know cloth pads get really good PCS, that's the main reason why I praise them. I consistently play at ~4 m/s and non-cloth pads always cause my mouse to skip and malfunction. If I use the same mouse on a cloth pad, I won't be able to surpass the max tracking speed. 

that's what "swamp cursor" was defined as over on OCN though, so there was a misunderstanding there. so much post-processing that it felt laggy.

however, if you're talking about jitter, then I can't really say. I think you're confusing physical feel vs. sensor performance though?

great control is indeed how I would describe it. noticeably better than a glass pad. I still prefer glass but... mostly for glide feel.
I do hope it will last a few years. I'm not 100% sure how the alugraphics pads are made, but if it's hard anodized, it should last a veryyyyy long time.
just hope you have a set of feet to replace with every 2-3 months or so :p

I'll let you know what I find out! although, not going to have mine in another month or so.
but you have your alugraphics for now ;)

you weren't kidding; my skates are bleeding material :D
unfortunately it makes my mouse spaz out from time to time when flicking in games :<

yeah I can imagine the alugraphics might eat even more feet than the slamepad.
sucks to hear about the spazing out though :| I know shiny surfaces seem to do that to an extent?
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 21:45:53 by munch »

Offline ChumtheWaters

« Reply #804 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 21:49:17 »
I've gone through a handful of mouse pads over the years and although I am not a fan of Razer products overall, the Razer Goliathus is a really solid mouse pad.

It has stitching around the edge and a really solid bottom pad. It is by far the nicest build quality mouse pad that I have used as of yet. I've had branded mouse mats in the past and thought they were gimmicky and unnecessary until I used this thing.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #805 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 21:52:29 »
I have used the Corsair MM200 for about a year now, and it works excellent, I went from a plastic speed mat that I got in Cataclysm CE, and from that I went to this cloth one, and I like the cloth one a lot better, as well as the large mousepad.

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #806 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 16:52:17 »
I like the steelseries QcK Mass

I spilled a big smoothie on it and I was able to clean it up pretty nicely.
Even good dogs go wild

Offline Commoner

« Reply #807 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:57:08 »
I use SteelSeries QcK Heavy and SteelSeries QcK+ Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. But I prefer the QcK Heavy so no mouse skipping.

Offline rush340

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 22:27:17 »
I had a goliathus for a long time, but it started to get some really weird white fading after a couple years.  Now I have the Steelseries QcK and love it.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #809 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 08:41:42 »
new Artisan hayate released, supposedly more wear-resistant and doesn't get dust stuck in it as easily according to users:
http://www.artisan-jp.com/item_hayate_z_soft_eng.html
only SOFT version out so far, but they say April for the MID and XSOFT versions.

Offline Bsclly

• I hope you're having a good day!
« Reply #810 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 12:30:19 »
I'm using the Steelseries QcK Diablo 3 Logo edition. I bought it when I was on my "Diablo 3 is literally the best thing ever I could spend my entire life playing" phase. Thank god that's over, but it's a great mouse pad!
Switches Tried: Reds, Blues
Favorite Switches: Blues

Offline SquawkVFR

« Reply #811 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 00:03:45 »
I really like SteelSeries' QcK Mass mousepads... I have three of them on my desk.  I really wish the made one that was three to four times wider so I could set everything on one surface.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #812 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 00:20:48 »
I really like SteelSeries' QcK Mass mousepads... I have three of them on my desk.  I really wish the made one that was three to four times wider so I could set everything on one surface.

give a deskpad a try some time. they're basically made for that purpose.
the one i've seen recommended the most is that xtrac ripper.

i use the corepad deskpad myself, they're available in a couple of sizes (and i think the same goes for the xtrac ripper).
the quality is great; after i got my deskpad, i never used my qck again.

picture of the thing on my desk.
orange = 50cm x 40cm or 19.7" x 15.7"
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #813 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 15:07:08 »
perixx dx-1000 xxl. superb mousemat and exudes quality. only gripe is the thick weave holds on to a lot of dust and random particles, but this is more a sign of its good design than anything.

i would get an artisan hayate but i don't like the lack of non-fray stitching.

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #814 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 07:29:16 »
QCK+

Its HUGE ;)

Offline alexofthewest

« Reply #815 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 22:38:04 »
for mousepads I choose aesthetics over everything else because as long as it doesnt add to tracking problems, it is sufficient.  That said, The only way to go is having them custom print one for you. Mine is a heavily used and might need a replacement soon but its been great. I took a screenshot from a great anime and used that.  Also I only paid like 5 dollars for it...

http://imgur.com/fz5S42H

Offline Skechup

« Reply #816 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 14:18:42 »
I think just a generic hard mouse pad would be good because you would logically feel more accurate and the mouse movements feel sharper. They also have little pads on the bottom on most mouses so hard would be good.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #817 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 02:46:28 »
any owners of a FUNC pad here?
what's your opinion on it?

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #818 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 07:23:29 »
perixx dx-1000 xxl. superb mousemat and exudes quality. only gripe is the thick weave holds on to a lot of dust and random particles, but this is more a sign of its good design than anything.

i would get an artisan hayate but i don't like the lack of non-fray stitching.

So true. The braided cord from my mouse always snags with the edges while I'm playing QuakeLive. It is a great mouse pad with awesome control and glide, but the snag always gets me frustrated.  >:D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #819 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 06:48:00 »
any owners of a FUNC pad here?
what's your opinion on it?

Have the older version, I think from 2003 when it came in an Aluminum Frame and you use the polycarbonate plastic for a smooth surface or flip it over for a rough surface finish.

Still have it connected to one of my ancient Core2duo machines downstairs and it still has that smooth finish and all types of mice whether they be Optical or Laser love moving around on that surface.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #820 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 06:54:49 »
new Artisan hayate released, supposedly more wear-resistant and doesn't get dust stuck in it as easily according to users:
only SOFT version out so far, but they say April for the MID and XSOFT versions.

I received mine a little while ago and it's been a pleasure to use it so far :) I've had the OG hayate soft and the zero xsoft, but I prefer the hayate otsu over both of them, no doubt
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #821 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 18:46:23 »

I received mine a little while ago and it's been a pleasure to use it so far :) I've had the OG hayate soft and the zero xsoft, but I prefer the hayate otsu over both of them, no doubt

Ohh man you guys. I may just have to bring myself to buy a new mousepad. Not that there's anything wrong with my super old Qck+, but just for the sake of an upgrade :eek:

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #822 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:42:15 »
I totally love my SteelSeries 4HD hard mouse pad. I used to be a soft Artisan user but switched to this hard pad with G302 and am loving it. I did it for hand/finger pain but I think I can aim much better with this setup too. It lessens pain because it requires less force to move the mouse, as the soft pads gave a resistance to any given movement, these hard pads let the mouse glide with no resistance.

Offline kaminbobby

• -_^
« Reply #823 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:35:08 »
QCK is good enuff
-_^

Offline .Bryan

« Reply #824 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 20:38:37 »
I just got myself a Allsop Raindrop XL yesterday from a friend and I have to say that I'm enjoying it very much.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #825 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 22:55:05 »
So I'm looking at a Artisan mousepad, or an XXL of QcK or other make.

I've been really liking having my keyboard on my mousepad as it seems to soften the keystrokes and also provides some cushion for the hands.

But maybe I can find other things to put under my keyboard, so I don't have to get an XXL. Hm...

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #826 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 05:45:06 »
I presonally don't think mouse pad surfaces matter all that much. A piece of paper works just as well as anything else.

I use one of these large Pirexx mouse pads over my glass desktop. I like it a lot.

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline IAmTheGuy

« Reply #827 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:27:59 »
Trying to decide between a Artisan Shiden Kai or Roccat Hiro 3D.

Which one is more durable?  Which one is more sweat resistant and easier to clean?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #828 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:33:39 »

I've been really liking having my keyboard on my mousepad as it seems to soften the keystrokes and also provides some cushion for the hands.

But maybe I can find other things to put under my keyboard, so I don't have to get an XXL. Hm...

artisans > QcK, for realz

you could put a tekmat or something under your keyboard
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #829 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:36:46 »

artisans > QcK, for realz

you could put a tekmat or something under your keyboard

Ahh I need an artisan! I do like that idea. Well noted and it may happen soon :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #830 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 04:10:12 »
Trying to decide between a Artisan Shiden Kai or Roccat Hiro 3D.

Which one is more durable?  Which one is more sweat resistant and easier to clean?

Have both in my vast collection of Mouse pads, the HIRO stands head and shoulders above any Artisan Mouse Pad easily.

First the Roccat product is pure Silicone that has been heat treated (burned) to create a non porous surface which has a soft texture.  100% resistant to sweat and dirt and is far easier to clean than any Artisan Polyester Covered surface.

In the summer, usage of the Roccat Hiro is far better causing no discomfort on your right hand or wrist when resting it upon that surface but on the Polyester covered Artizan, you shall sweat like a pig in a sweat box.

Hiro is the last mouse pad worth having and using, have not bought another since I purchased this baby  :thumb: .

Offline IAmTheGuy

« Reply #831 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 02:59:04 »
Hey I was going to buy the roccat but I found this:  goo.gl/8Hk1Wu Apparently after 1 year use. 

It seems similar to the issues experienced by roccat hardpads where the glue fails and the mousepad start to bulge or bubble. 

Of course I've seen pictures of shiden kai flaking off too.

Man I wish people would review thing after 1 year of use and not do those unboxing "reviews". 
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 June 2015, 03:11:13 by IAmTheGuy »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #832 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 20:09:55 »
Really impressed by and liking my Icemat 2nd edition glass mousepad.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #833 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 20:43:20 »

I see a similar pad on eBay from Korea called Maxtill G-pad. Thinking of grabbing a white one.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #834 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 22:06:50 »

I see a similar pad on eBay from Korea called Maxtill G-pad. Thinking of grabbing a white one.

I'm probably going to buy another Icemat from ebay when I see a reasonably priced one in good condition so I have a spare just in case. This pad is just amazing. I wish I'd gotten one sooner.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #835 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 22:10:05 »
You guys and your small mouse "pads".  Get on Mstarrs level and get a mouse slab, made by me.

http://imgur.com/a/4zzqB#0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #836 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 22:10:56 »

I'm probably going to buy another Icemat from ebay when I see a reasonably priced one in good condition so I have a spare just in case. This pad is just amazing. I wish I'd gotten one sooner.

Yup, think I'll grab a glass pad soon

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #837 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 22:14:13 »
I have used a QcK+ for a while, I don't really know if I like compared to other mouse pads though because I've used this for so long and do not remember other ones. It works, and the only reason I see my self replacing it is if it starts to fray at the edges, or if I decide to get one of the extended ones so I can put my keyboard on it as well.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #838 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 22:41:48 »
You guys and your small mouse "pads".  Get on Mstarrs level and get a mouse slab, made by me.

Usually I'll go big on purchases for the most premium, top of the line stuff, but $250 for a mousepad is really pushing it :P

Also, not frosted glass.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #839 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 22:56:41 »

Usually I'll go big on purchases for the most premium, top of the line stuff, but $250 for a mousepad is really pushing it :P

Also, not frosted glass.

this!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #840 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 23:10:10 »

Also, not frosted glass.

this!

Look up the properties of cerokote, it is stupid low friction, will never wear out in this application.  Mstarr says though that some of the cheap crap sensors won't track on it though.  He keeps saying that he is going g to post an official review though. 

Half the cost was buying a slab of aluminum that big, his pad is 18"x24" and 1/8" thick of 6061 T6.  Plus it is 3 square feet to be coated and can't hang during curig or painting due to no holes to hang from.  The cost of cost me 107 to have done.  Smaller pads won't be near as expensive though.

He told me that it will be the last mousing surface hr needs to buy, unless he has me make him a smaller one.  He said due to the texture, it tears up mouse feet, so he is using a type of felt skate I guess.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline missalaire

« Reply #841 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 23:48:27 »

Also, not frosted glass.

this!

Look up the properties of cerokote, it is stupid low friction, will never wear out in this application.  Mstarr says though that some of the cheap crap sensors won't track on it though.  He keeps saying that he is going g to post an official review though. 

Half the cost was buying a slab of aluminum that big, his pad is 18"x24" and 1/8" thick of 6061 T6.  Plus it is 3 square feet to be coated and can't hang during curig or painting due to no holes to hang from.  The cost of cost me 107 to have done.  Smaller pads won't be near as expensive though.

He told me that it will be the last mousing surface hr needs to buy, unless he has me make him a smaller one.  He said due to the texture, it tears up mouse feet, so he is using a type of felt skate I guess.

That's never going to happen lol.

The Icemat 2nd edition I have is super low friction and a lot of other people who have it also attested to that fact. The Icemat and Steelseries Experience I-2 glass mousepads got overwhelmingly positive reviews from what I've seen too. It's unfortunate that they stopped manufacturing these because they lasted too long and it was a better business decision to make cloth/plastic so people bought them more often once they wore out.

I'd be curious to know how the low friction of cerakote compares to the Icemat's frosted glass though. I'm sure that pad you made for him is great. I just can't justify the cost, even probably for a smaller one, for what it is.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #842 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 02:47:16 »
my I-1 is still as new, and i love the feel/friction/sound, but it's just way too small.
so, looking for something similar, i ended up getting an aluminium pad..
turns out my optical sensors do not like it. (no, my mice are not cheap mice with crap sensors.)

so there's the risk of my mice not tracking well on a surface, and then there's the risk of not knowing how long the material will last.
it sounds great and all, but it's just too big a risk to take.

his pad does look very cool, though :-)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #843 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 08:18:25 »
I've been using two Roccat Hiro's for nearly a year now.. one at home and one at the office. I see zero signs of wear, still as new. And works perfectly with my Avior 7000 and G400s.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #844 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:07:47 »
The ThermalTake Team DK oversized pad, in all its glory:

demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #845 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:33:45 »
I use the Steelseries QcK Heavy. It's thick and heavy so it'll stay in place. It's soft as well. It's a good size too. Can rest my arm on it while using the mouse.