Author Topic: Any word on Poker 3 feature set?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Tiramisuu

Any word on Poker 3 feature set?
« on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 16:46:31 »
looks like its coming but what will it be?
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
Re: Any word on Poker 3 feature set?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 16:49:54 »
Im guessing trackpoint nipple will be a feature
sell out and eat ass

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 16:50:56 »
looks like its coming but what will it be?

What is your source of information?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 16:54:11 »
Vortex has PCB photos of a new 60% board on Facebook.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 16:54:49 »
Theres been some stuff floating around for almost a year now. It's going to be like Pure Pro with a trackpoint.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 17:07:28 »
I'm not sure how they really need to do to the poker design, it is allready everything it needs to be.

Offline Tiramisuu

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 18:14:41 »
"eventually"

probably 2015 sometime
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 18:18:35 »
imo the poker 2 has several key drawbacks:

The primary one being the inability to reprogram the primary layer
    - even if you argue toggling the secondary layer on as primary.  fn/pn buttons are not readily moved
    - an online configurator or firmware customization software

Bluetooth comes a strong second for me.
    - getting rid of the damn cable and connecting to our tablets and smart phones is another game changer.

Trackpoint and arrow keys are completely unnecessary features, especially if there is the ability program an fn key on either side of the space bar.

The world doesn't need another individually lit rgb keyboard but an Alps options in key switches would be another strong contender to an end game keyboard.

Switch choice:

The cherry keys are spectacular for their quality control and I frankly doubt Matias can match the Germans level of care but they are also pretty noisy for a office environment (even the browns) so a choice would be nice and the Matias Quiet switches are on my short list to try.   The Topre are also known for their quality but I have to admit that I am tired of the rubber dome feel no matter how high the quality.  Nonetheless the option would create a stir in the community as HHKB has many limitations that the Topre snobs would likely be happy to give up if they had a nice alternative.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 19:05:48 »
I'm not sure how they really need to do to the poker design, it is allready everything it needs to be.

Not quite. Still needs a fully programmable controller (not that bull**** PN layer crap).

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 19:17:31 »
Is there any other info on this?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 21:19:18 »
Is there any other info on this?

not afaik
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Leimi

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 06:20:47 »

imo the poker 2 has several key drawbacks:

The primary one being the inability to reprogram the primary layer
    - even if you argue toggling the secondary layer on as primary.  fn/pn buttons are not readily moved
    - an online configurator or firmware customization software

Bluetooth comes a strong second for me.
    - getting rid of the damn cable and connecting to our tablets and smart phones is another game changer.

Trackpoint and arrow keys are completely unnecessary features, especially if there is the ability program an fn key on either side of the space bar.

The world doesn't need another individually lit rgb keyboard but an Alps options in key switches would be another strong contender to an end game keyboard.

Switch choice:

The cherry keys are spectacular for their quality control and I frankly doubt Matias can match the Germans level of care but they are also pretty noisy for a office environment (even the browns) so a choice would be nice and the Matias Quiet switches are on my short list to try.   The Topre are also known for their quality but I have to admit that I am tired of the rubber dome feel no matter how high the quality.  Nonetheless the option would create a stir in the community as HHKB has many limitations that the Topre snobs would likely be happy to give up if they had a nice alternative.

I agree the poker 2 (and all other 60%) needs a fully programmable layer, Fn key included.
The trackpoint is a great, great feature though! Prevents you from moving your hands away from the homerow even more.

Not really found of the pure pro layout choice. Poker is great for its standard keys.

A fully programmable poker 2 with a trackpoint would be perfect!

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 07:47:34 »
Sounds like a Miniguru fake to me... I don't approve :(

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:50:16 »

If you want to stop using the mouse emacs or vim provide a much better solution than relocating it.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 13:48:24 »

If you want to stop using the mouse emacs or vim provide a much better solution than relocating it.

Not really. You could argue that any program that allows you to use arrow keys to navigate does the same, but the mouse is used for a whole lot more than moving around in one specific, text-based program (or why even bother with a modern GUI, just stick to terminal / DOS).

I'd love it to be the same layout as the current Poker II, but fully programmable and with a Trackpoint with case mounted front microswitches you can operate with your thumb. I don't like the Pure Pro layout.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.