geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)

<< < (5914/6066) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Sat, 24 September 2022, 08:19:10 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Fri, 23 September 2022, 21:11:25 ---
the sound is so obviously not

--- End quote ---

Tangentially off-topic - No matter how hard I try to tolerate it, it makes me crazy when video tracks and audio tracks fall out of alignment !

--- End quote ---

for low budget movies, if they're doing their own color grading/ editing in someone's house,  they're probably not using a professional setup, so this can happen.

if it's from a high budget movie, it's probably due to your TV having ~100-150 ms delay in image processing.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sat, 24 September 2022, 08:46:24 ---
~100-150 ms delay in image processing.

--- End quote ---

It is hard to remember from inside of my cringing, but it seems like often the picture gets ahead of the sound.

But here is more of what REALLY bothers me :

Both far-right conspiracy forums and mainstream platforms such as TikTok have spread wild claims in the past week that all surround the date of September 24. Although there's no proof whatsoever that anything catastrophic or world changing will happen on that date, the otherwise unremarkable day has become the source of rampant online speculation.

QAnon followers, apocalyptic conspiracy theorists and various content creators have fixated on the date, sharing baseless theories across social media that have received millions of views. Each has come up with convoluted explanations for why the day has some hidden meaning.

That is - that one of these days, the Bat**** Brotherhood will graduate from slaughtering classrooms of 8-year-olds to actual *mass* killings.

fohat.digs:
Why don't lighted keyboards come with a physical switch so that you can turn the f_cking lights off (semi-)permanently?

suicidal_orange:
The power button built in to the SD card slot on my Tera Player has broken properly (first the plastic bit snapped off so I stuck a bit of old bank card in there and it worked for a couple of months but now the metal bit has snapped too) and the crazy German is currently charging 3312 Euros for a replacement although it only has a 2 inch square PCB.

I know what needs connecting to turn it on but what type of switch is easy to use yet wont move when stuffed in a pocket?  One option involves disabling one of the outputs and using a pin to short two contacts in the headphone socket, but that seems a bit extreme...

fohat.digs:
Ringo Starr has Covid and postponed the remainder of his current tour. I never knew about his childhood until I read this today :

At the age of six, Starkey developed appendicitis. Following a routine appendectomy he contracted peritonitis, causing him to fall into a coma that lasted days.
His recovery spanned twelve months, which he spent away from his family at Liverpool's Myrtle Street children's hospital.
Upon his discharge in May 1948, his mother allowed him to stay at home, causing him to miss school.
At age eight, he remained illiterate, with a poor grasp of mathematics. His lack of education contributed to a feeling of alienation at school, which resulted in his regularly playing truant at Sefton Park.
After several years of twice-weekly tutoring from his surrogate sister and neighbour, Marie Maguire Crawford, Starkey had nearly caught up to his peers academically, but in 1953, he contracted tuberculosis and was admitted to a sanatorium, where he remained for two years.

It was at this point young Mr. Starkey picked up a liking for percussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version