Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion (Complete)  (Read 173504 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack

Hi,

We fixed it and extended to Monday.  We'll be implementing a count down timer for the last 24 hours of each buy, so it's a lot more clear

Damn, I was on the fence for Oblivion and missed the buy.
I though
Damn, I was o
Congrats on making it to MOQ, it's a great looking set.

Hopefully those who were expecting to be able to order today get sorted out  :thumb:

Looks like this was a pretty successful GB, can't wait for my sets to come.

From my own personal experience, midnight should never be used as a deadline for anything. It always leads to confusion. Best bet is always to use 11:59 pm.  When you use midnight people see the date (5/19 in this case) and assume that they can place an order that day when they cannot. Like when a coupon or similar expires on 5/19 you can use it all day, but when a GB ends at midnight 5/19 you have to have your order in by 5/18.  Just a thought for future GBs.

NO NO NO NO! i thought the deadline was tonight at midnight.   :'(

I missed the GB too.   :-[

n the fence for Oblivion and missed the buy.
I thought "19th Midnight PST" actually meant the end of day.

Me too. What a bummer!
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 May 2017, 08:23:56 by jchan94 »
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
PM'd all people that posted here and on reddit the link to the extension post, hope ya'll see it!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Thanks guys. Got my order in

Offline h3xadat

Hi,

We fixed it and extended to Monday.  We'll be implementing a count down timer for the last 24 hours of each buy, so it's a lot more clear ;).

PM'd all people that posted here and on reddit the link to the extension post, hope ya'll see it!

Hi JChan, hi Oblotzky,

thank you very much for extending the group buy.  Got my order in!

Offline pitfermi

had to get in on this. placed my order for 2 sets. do i receive a paypal invoice soon, or how does it work?

Offline Oblotzky

had to get in on this. placed my order for 2 sets. do i receive a paypal invoice soon, or how does it work?

Once the GB closes (again) at 11:59PM PST, you'll be charged via the payment method you entered

Offline pitfermi

Once the GB closes (again) at 11:59PM PST, you'll be charged via the payment method you entered
What if my bank takes 2 days to load my credit card with money? :/

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

Isn't the point of credit cards that your can buy stuff without actually having the money yet? Hence the 'credit' in the name.

Offline pitfermi

Isn't the point of credit cards that your can buy stuff without actually having the money yet? Hence the 'credit' in the name.
It's one of those where you put money on it :D anyway i might have a friend help me with his.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects

It's one of those where you put money on it
Then you have a debit card, where money is charged instantly upon request and the transaction is refused if you don't have sufficient funds.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pitfermi

family member lent me the card with  sufficient funds. payment sent for 2 sets(one gray one white) :D i'm excited

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter

It's one of those where you put money on it
Then you have a debit card, where money is charged instantly upon request and the transaction is refused if you don't have sufficient funds.

They have credit cards that have a credit limit (which can still be declined if you don't have sufficient limit) that confer credit, and they have credit cards that have a funded limit, which don't confer credit- those are called secured credit cards.  They are different from debit cards in that 1) debit cards are linked to a backing bank account, 2) debit cards don't require regular payments, and 3) debit cards give you access to the full balance in your account, and secured credit cards don't necessarily give you that.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 May 2017, 19:48:02 by chuckdee »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
They have credit cards that have a credit limit [...]
By they you mean them germans? Because I've never heard of such thing in Italy. Not that I'm expert anyway.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
They have credit cards that have a credit limit [...]
By they you mean them germans? Because I've never heard of such thing in Italy. Not that I'm expert anyway.

By they I mean in general.  You could always read the link.  And yes, while you're being a smart ass, they have them in Italy too.

From https://dreamofitaly.com/2010/12/04/italy-travel-faq-what-is-the-best-way-to-get-euros-and-pay-for-things-in-italy/

Euro Cards

My amazing researcher, Elaine Murphy, who helped me with this article, turned me on to prepaid euro cards, which she used this summer in Europe. These cards, which work like debit cards, are rising in popularity, as many of them offer good exchange rates, no transaction fees, and the opportunity to top up your balance by phone or online. These cards aren’t tied to your bank account, so in the case of theft, the thief won’t have access to the rest of your money – and, like traveler’s cheques, the card issuer will protect the money on your card if it is lost or stolen.

These cards are also fitted with a microchip, which American cards don’t have – many train stations, kiosks, bike rental stations and small businesses require cards to have a chip when purchasing items like train or metro tickets. The Visa TravelMoney Card, the Travelex Cash Passport and the American Express Global Charge Card are popular options (though American Express is less widely accepted than Visa). It’s a good idea to check any fees that these cards might have and compare them to the fees on your ATM/debit and credit cards. These seem like a great option for parents to give to their kids who are studying abroad.

Maybe instead of being a smart ass (the they and german part), try to learn?
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 07:50:36 by chuckdee »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Sure calling prepaid cards with their name, instead of giving a vague description of how they are supposed to work, makes it much more easier to understand and doesn't you make you look rude by calling people names.

Offline Oblotzky

Alright lets get back on topic please, I did not mean to derail the thread with my comment. Thanks!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
hi everyone,

We're about to finalize the complete order with GMK. I am still trying to fix all of the payment errors / customer service things for this.

Please note:

If you use Paypal for checkout, you are doing a billing agreement with us.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Will there be extras of these? And/or, does anyone who ordered one not want it anymore lol. I wish I had missed the SA version and caught this one >_<.

Offline Oblotzky

Will there be extras of these? And/or, does anyone who ordered one not want it anymore lol. I wish I had missed the SA version and caught this one >_<.

Yes, there will be extra units available at KeyClack.com at a retail price and FCFS once the GB orders have wrapped up.

Offline ThatsFineThatOne

Wish I'd added a space bar kit to my order... doh

Offline ..//dexx

You and me both. That's why I'm gonna keep an eye out for extras on sale at KeyClack.

Offline orionstein

Yeh, I realized afterwards that I needed a spacebar kit. Oh well, hopefully there are enough extras for all of us!

Or, start a spacebars extras trade, maybe we all want different spacebars?

Offline Oblotzky

Sent in my Signature Plastic color chips to GMK today, going to work on the tray wrapping now. Will report back when color samples are available.

Offline Arallu

hi everyone,

We're about to finalize the complete order with GMK. I am still trying to fix all of the payment errors / customer service things for this.

Please note:

Didn't see date estimates yet except the 16 weeks figure.
If there aren't delays, we're looking at October for shipments to us correct? That'd be 4 months after it ended.

Offline Oblotzky

hi everyone,

Please note:

Didn't see date estimates yet except the 16 weeks figure.
If there aren't delays, we're looking at October for shipments to us correct? That'd be 4 months after it ended.

Michaela wrote me yesterday that she'll have a precise date soon as they are currently working out the schedule. I'll share infos on this matter as ASAP

Offline Oblotzky

ETA 4 weeks to color samples, but this ETA is very rough due to the upcoming holiday season.

Offline msilvv

Any updates on this? Still quite excited to see some color samples!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

Hi, the ETA was around early August. I'll try to get a general update when I send in the wrapping design  :)

Offline msilvv

Hi, the ETA was around early August. I'll try to get a general update when I send in the wrapping design  :)
Misread the date stamp on your last post, that's my bad. Thanks for checking in regardless!

Offline handcraftedbits

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, awaiting production, color samples soon)
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 11:18:17 »
Middle of August now, any updates?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 11:52:27 »
Middle of August now, any updates?

I just sent an E-Mail earlier today to Christoph for an update on color sample status and what the current shipping out date from GMK looks like. Should have a reply in the coming days.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 07:05:09 »
Color samples are now en route to me. Hopefully they'll arrive before I leave on Saturday to visit my parents over the coming week so I can make pictures with my dads DSLR. If not, I'll have evaluation and phone pictures the week after.

Once I've approved the colors, they can order the material needed, and once that has arrived 2-3 weeks later, they can start production (not immediatly, but shortly after when whatever they are producing at the time is done). Current ETA for delivery from GMK is late September/early October.

Also gonna use next week to design the sleeve.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 21:29:11 »
Color samples are now en route to me. Hopefully they'll arrive before I leave on Saturday to visit my parents over the coming week so I can make pictures with my dads DSLR. If not, I'll have evaluation and phone pictures the week after.

Once I've approved the colors, they can order the material needed, and once that has arrived 2-3 weeks later, they can start production (not immediatly, but shortly after when whatever they are producing at the time is done). Current ETA for delivery from GMK is late September/early October.

Hooray  :) Thanks for the update!

Is this in regards to the box that the keycaps/tray will arrive in?
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 22:00:37 »

Is this in regards to the box that the keycaps/tray will arrive in?

Correct, the tray wrap

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 09:31:30 »

we gucci bois

CP was the White Alpha color, U9 is the legends on gray alphas and modifiers (and Monochrome modifiers). The dark gray SP chip on the bottom right is GQM, the modifier base color, which was already mixed by GMK last year for GMK Carbon production, so they didn't need to match that one again and order it right away.

I'll send confirmation for these colors to GMK tonight and then they'll order the materials, 2-3 weeks till those come in and then they can schedule the production. ETA remains around late September to early October for the sets leaving GMK

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 10:59:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

we gucci bois

CP was the White Alpha color, U9 is the legends on gray alphas and modifiers (and Monochrome modifiers). The dark gray SP chip on the bottom right is GQM, the modifier base color, which was already mixed by GMK last year for GMK Carbon production, so they didn't need to match that one again and order it right away.

I'll send confirmation for these colors to GMK tonight and then they'll order the materials, 2-3 weeks till those come in and then they can schedule the production. ETA remains around late September to early October for the sets leaving GMK

:thumb:
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Dang, that purple/green/orange look sexy. I want a set with just those 3 colors lol.

Offline Atredl

Yup, this is exciting

Offline robotsokk

Awesome, thanks for the update. Those colors look spot-on.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline Yethuo

will there be a round 2  :(

Offline Oblotzky

will there be a round 2  :(

I sure hope so, but it will be quite some time I believe. Best is to get extras from keyclack.com that will be posted ones GB orders have shipped.

Offline kitchenace13

I'm interested in buying someone's spacebar kit - specifically the 225 and 275 but I'd be willing to pick up the whole spacebar set obviously. 

Offline Oblotzky

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, awaiting production, color samples arrived 20.08)
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 03:19:33 »
Tray sleeves have been designed and ordered from their print shop of choice, keys will go into production as soon as the custom colors arrive at GMK. Unfortunately jchan has been a bit silent lately on other GB's, I can not say if this affects the Oblivion GB as well. So please keep in mind that I can only give updates and estimates for what GMK does.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 September 2017, 03:21:42 by Oblotzky »

Offline outsider

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, awaiting production, color samples arrived 20.08)
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 21:57:24 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:25:34 »
GMK Oblivion has begun production this week. QC + sorting puts us at end of September/early October still for the sets leaving GMK's factory. Another week to cross the lake and go through customs. Since the last update jchan has stated:

the new hire is charge of:

- Support (emails to support@keyclack.com NOT jchan@keyclack.com)
- Helping organizing / maintaining the office
- Shipping Store / Newly incoming things (muted, 1965 up and coming)
- QC soon.

with this information, I believe we will see the sets leaving KeyClack in the near future after arrival. It is the M65-A's complexity that forbids the new employee to handle those boards, but shipping trays and bags appears to be part of his duties.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2017, 11:28:43 by Oblotzky »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 11:40:27 »
Nice, can't wait.

Offline javi9169

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 19:30:33 »
GMK Oblivion has begun production this week. QC + sorting puts us at end of September/early October still for the sets leaving GMK's factory. Another week to cross the lake and go through customs. Since the last update jchan has stated:

- QC soon.

with this information, I believe we will see the sets leaving KeyClack in the near future after arrival. It is the M65-A's complexity that forbids the new employee to handle those boards, but shipping trays and bags appears to be part of his duties.

i joined gh to follow these threads bc one of my friend's said this is where i can get updates.

i just read through the threads on the gb's i'm in (muted and oblivion) and i don't know that i would trust this to get out on time given Muted hasn't been shipped and the new hire has been there for over a week.

either responding to e-mails is taking 30+ hours or the store orders are being prioritized over gb's (if this is the case, then that's messed up)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, production begun Sept 14th)
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 21:45:58 »
Received Muted tracking today, and JChan updated on the muted thread.  Patience is the key.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 15:22:25 »

- QC soon.

i joined gh to follow these threads bc one of my friend's said this is where i can get updates.

i just read through the threads on the gb's i'm in (muted and oblivion) and i don't know that i would trust this to get out on time given Muted hasn't been shipped and the new hire has been there for over a week.

either responding to e-mails is taking 30+ hours or the store orders are being prioritized over gb's (if this is the case, then that's messed up)

If you'd like a refund, you can get that, email support@keyclack.com ; thanks.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 10:25:02 »

- QC soon.

Any thoughts about doing a mod pack that includes those stellar additional colors on the SA Oblivion buy?  Don't have the money after consideration to do the SA buy, so I'd love to try to do the same layout on oblivion....