Author Topic: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (COMPLETED)  (Read 471994 times)

Offline Sergeant_Shart

Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (production)
« Reply #1550 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 12:15:56 »
Soon what though? Soon, they'll have pics, soon they'll have a first set, soon they'll be shipped? Soon is very very vague lol

Offline dante

« Reply #1551 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 12:19:23 »
I've been told again 'soon' but I'm not sure what 'soon' means at PLUM. :/

I'm not sure what else they could possibly be working on.  You don't see a ton of their PBT's for sale and a quick glance at TaoBao shows their keyboard line is dwindling down.

I still want their POM's but after this I'd understand it if you didn't want to run a GB on them. :(

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1552 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:40:23 »
Eh, it's just waiting on a GB, nothing new. We have a year to catch up on R4.
I bought a crappy DCS set to tie me over and have since moved on to other things.
These are just something I'll be excited to get when they come.

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #1553 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 16:01:10 »
Soon what though? Soon, they'll have pics, soon they'll have a first set, soon they'll be shipped? Soon is very very vague lol

Indeed, once the keys are made we have to wait for them to get shipped overseas(!) to Ivan... then wait for Ivan to pack 'em up... then more wait for them to actually arrive at my house. I think we will be lucky if we get them before Christmas at this point.
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1554 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 18:24:35 »
ABS can look exactly like PBT, I've never seen plum and signed on when it was still 'IMSTO THICK PBT' we have pretty much no idea what these caps are going to feel like only a fuzzy example of what they will resemble in appearance.

Imsto was and still is who will be doing the dye-sublimation. So technically, these are just as much "Imsto" keys as the KBC produced sets would have been.

Indeed, once the keys are made we have to wait for them to get shipped overseas(!) to Ivan... then wait for Ivan to pack 'em up... then more wait for them to actually arrive at my house. I think we will be lucky if we get them before Christmas at this point.

A minor clarification; after all the key sets have been manufactured they get shipped to Imsto for dye-sublimation, once that is complete everything (blanks and dye-subs) gets shipped to Ivan who will then package up everyones orders and send them out.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1555 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 18:30:35 »
ABS can look exactly like PBT, I've never seen plum and signed on when it was still 'IMSTO THICK PBT' we have pretty much no idea what these caps are going to feel like only a fuzzy example of what they will resemble in appearance.

Imsto was and still is who will be doing the dye-sublimation. So technically, these are just as much "Imsto" keys as the KBC produced sets would have been.

A minor clarification; after all the key sets have been manufactured they get shipped to Imsto for dye-sublimation, once that is complete everything (blanks and dye-subs) gets shipped to Ivan who will then package up everyones orders and send them out.

Strict  is correct on both accounts. These are IMSTO dyesub, the plastic is special PBT that Plum went through some effort of sourcing, so I'm very curious to see how it holds up to the pbt we know. [PBT is sold under about 7 commercial names in the USA alone.]

Offline tbc

« Reply #1556 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 22:14:22 »
what's the rush?

we all know ivan has been working on dolch for the last little while.  it's not like it'd be reasonable for us to expect him to sort another 250 sets so soon.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline jvarg

« Reply #1557 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 10:02:48 »
Seen a few others ask, so I figured I might try my luck as well.  Anyone looking to get rid of an extra set of blanks?
HHKB | 87UB | 23UB | FC660C | FC500RR

Offline TBone

« Reply #1558 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 12:26:27 »
Depending on the offer, I'd be willing to trade my blanks for any other (at least) TKL kit (1.25x mods, 6x space, center stemmed caps) that is non-Dolch GMK or thick cherry PBT. PM me if you're interested!  ;D

Offline jalthi

« Reply #1559 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 19:38:14 »
Ivan, how would you characterize this GB so far - I know it's the first time using Plum, would you consider using them again given the production time and communication from them?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1560 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 02:10:13 »
Ivan, how would you characterize this GB so far - I know it's the first time using Plum, would you consider using them again given the production time and communication from them?

Ivan said on a previous page that he most likely will never use PLUM again for his GBs.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1561 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 02:55:38 »

Ivan said on a previous page that he most likely will never use PLUM again for his GBs.

Sooo.... can GMK do doubleshot POM? I'd love a set of Cherry profile WoB doubleshot POM caps. I hate that the legends on most POM caps are lasered since I love the feeling of the material, but don't want to feel the legends.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1562 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 04:29:27 »
love the feeling of the material, but don't want to feel the legends.

SOOOO much this.

especially on the f and j keys, whrre the legend is more noticable than the dash.  terribad idea.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #1563 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 06:44:31 »
I had to jump off from this GB some months ago. I wonder if there are some leftovers available.. I would be glad to take some regular set, blanks or even the Russian set.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1564 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 08:22:59 »
Hard to say if work with Plum again. They are the only ones besides Cherry themselves that do Cherry profile POM.

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1565 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 09:53:52 »
love the feeling of the material, but don't want to feel the legends.

SOOOO much this.

especially on the f and j keys, whrre the legend is more noticable than the dash.  terribad idea.

yeah feeling legends is what started me down this "gotta replace the caps" kick

Offline dante

« Reply #1566 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 10:32:04 »
Hard to say if I will work with Plum again. They are the only ones besides Cherry themselves that do Cherry profile POM.

Ivan,

I'm sure you have an upset stomach over this so you probably want this to be done ASAP.  That being said, PLUM has done POM keycaps before - this shouldn't be a mystery to them; and since a potential POM GB may likely only offer blanks - maybe side printed as a 2nd option - it should be much more simple than this one.

Like I said before - I've never run a successful GB before - but if you can do the basic things I will take on full responsibility for packing and shipping orders so it's off your plate.  If anything, you could use the POM GB as leverage to get more accurate PBT feedback "We are ready to start ordering POM keycaps but can't begin until the PBT's are done..."

Obviously in the largest size font/brightest color possible participants to a POM GB will be warned it may take up to a year for a product to be delivered - one that will likely never be produced again.  Even if you are not interested in POM - you could buy in and resell these sets on ebay for a profit.

POM is starting to disappear in Asia - Keycool doesn't really use it anymore, the Cherry G80-18XX boards are being phased out, Neo Zelia are switching over to PBT.  I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before it becomes extinct.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1567 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 12:06:09 »

Hard to say if I will work with Plum again. They are the only ones besides Cherry themselves that do Cherry profile POM.

Ivan,

I'm sure you have an upset stomach over this so you probably want this to be done ASAP.  That being said, PLUM has done POM keycaps before - this shouldn't be a mystery to them; and since a potential POM GB may likely only offer blanks - maybe side printed as a 2nd option - it should be much more simple than this one.

Like I said before - I've never run a successful GB before - but if you can do the basic things I will take on full responsibility for packing and shipping orders so it's off your plate.  If anything, you could use the POM GB as leverage to get more accurate PBT feedback "We are ready to start ordering POM keycaps but can't begin until the PBT's are done..."

Obviously in the largest size font/brightest color possible participants to a POM GB will be warned it may take up to a year for a product to be delivered - one that will likely never be produced again.  Even if you are not interested in POM - you could buy in and resell these sets on ebay for a profit.

POM is starting to disappear in Asia - Keycool doesn't really use it anymore, the Cherry G80-18XX boards are being phased out, Neo Zelia are switching over to PBT.  I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before it becomes extinct.

Preserve the good stuff!

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1568 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 13:27:13 »
Personally, I think their lack of communication is a bigger problem than the wait. There's lots of things that can cause delays that are outside of the hands of a company like Plum. It's easy to understand why delays happen and that they're part of life, and if there's a good reason for the wait (like going with higher quality PBT plastic over the Japanese stuff they originally intended to use) then most people would be fine waiting.

Not giving detailed status updates is really bad for business. There's absolutely no good reason that in the year 2014 they can't produce a cell phone image or two of these hot off the presses. Even without producing pictures, they can give you a lot more information than "soon." Did production start as scheduled? Have they run into more problems with the quality of the plastic? Do they expect them to be done by date x?

It's gonna be a real shame if these caps come out perfect and the decision is made to not go with Plum anymore because of their lack of customer support.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1569 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:51:23 »
The bad boys are going to look so sweet on the Nerd60 I've got coming. Stainless steel plate in a black alu case. Just need to decide what novelty gets the Esc spot!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #1570 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:40:07 »
I really hope they don't **** this up. But since nobody saw a meaningful sample or picture yet crossing fingers is all we can do.

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
« Reply #1571 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:24:03 »
Maybe they aren't updating us because they're already Fiji busy buying cocktails with our money...

Ready to sell off your set anyone? :'(

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1572 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 08:13:46 »
I think the #1 question at this point is, did we pay them up front?

If we did, I'm worried. Pretty much radio silence at this point.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1573 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 08:33:43 »

I think you'll find these buys are always pay up front.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1574 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 09:01:43 »

If I worked for a manufacturer (I do), I wouldn't accept a smaller order from an untrusted customer without prior payment.  But that's just me.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1575 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 09:04:51 »

If I worked for a manufacturer (I do), I wouldn't accept a smaller order from an untrusted customer without prior payment.  But that's just me.
Yep me neither, I wouldn't imagine we'd be on an account seeing that it's out first order with Plum.

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1576 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 09:24:21 »

Yep me neither, I wouldn't imagine we'd be on an account seeing that it's out first order with Plum.

Has there been proof we're even on an account? All I've seen Ivan receive is "Soon" for literally everything.

Offline roman797

« Reply #1577 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:17:02 »
If anyone wants to let me take over their black on black order, shoot me a PM

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #1578 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:46:06 »
Meh just don't freak out and let it sort itself out. One day you'll get your keys in the mail and everyone will be stoked and forget the delays.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1579 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:51:22 »

Has there been proof we're even on an account? All I've seen Ivan receive is "Soon" for literally everything.

I'm not sure what you are implying but of all the group buy organizers I would say Ivan is easily one of the most trusted here. He will get you guys the caps, he is just as aggravated at the slow responses as anyone. If he had more to share he would.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1580 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 16:24:04 »

I'm not sure what you are implying but of all the group buy organizers I would say Ivan is easily one of the most trusted here. He will get you guys the caps, he is just as aggravated at the slow responses as anyone. If he had more to share he would.

I will echo this.  I am 100% confident that Ivan is not toying with us.  If he wanted to take our money and bail, he wouldn't keep posting here.  ;)

He just simply does not have anything else to say, so it's always better to hear him continually repeating the same thing than to hear radio silence until he gets an update (because in that case we don't know if there is nothing to report, or if something happened to him).

It'll all be fine, just relax and let it run its course.  :)  (from our end, of course - I'm not suggesting Ivan takes a passive approach here :P )

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1581 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 16:48:22 »

^ This 100% ^
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1582 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 18:52:02 »

I'm not implying anything. Why is it this website is always in search of an underlining assumption? It's a pretty simple statement, do we even have an account, no one seems to know just regurgitating the same "IVAN IS LIKE THE BEST" statements. I get it Ivan is great, I'm not questioning him.

Offline dante

« Reply #1583 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 18:53:31 »

I'm not implying anything. Why is it this website is always in search of an underlining assumption? It's a pretty simple statement, do we even have an account, no one seems to know just regurgitating the same "IVAN IS LIKE THE BEST" statements. I get it Ivan is great, I'm not questioning him.

IVAN IS LIKE THE BEST

Offline j0hnny

« Reply #1584 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:37:53 »
seems to me you're just being a diva. just sit tight and wait like the rest of us

Offline Unknown01011010

• Formerly known as ABTmRw
« Reply #1585 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 20:40:01 »
A shout out to Ivan: Thanks again for doing this group buy!  We appreciate it, and if some of us are coming off us being pissy, please don't take it the wrong way, we're only human, after all.

I for one will admit that I am impatient, and I have some anxiety because of this.  I am probably not emotionally capable of participating in most group buys because of this anxiety, and that is my fault, so I am not going to take it out on any one.

I will just wait for this one to finish, whatever happens, happens.  But I do appreciate that Ivan is bringing us some exclusive keycaps that will really make me feel as cool as **** and elite when I type on them, especially since this might be the only time keycaps like this will be available.  So if you are like me, the wait will be worth it, because these keycaps are going to be so rare and you will be like a mythical keyboard wizarrd everytime you post your keyboard with these things on them! 

Peace!

Offline lolkey

« Reply #1586 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:02:51 »
filco ninja mj2 tkl · mx brown · black case · blank black pbt
varmilo va87mr tkl · gateron red · black case · dye sub pbt ❤
vortex pok3r rgb · mx silent · white case · blank xda pbt

Offline tbc

« Reply #1587 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:20:15 »
seems to me you're just being a diva. just sit tight and wait like the rest of us

+1

Offline memarin

« Reply #1588 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 03:48:53 »
Hi,

New here. Just wondering if this GB still on going? Those Ivan still accepts order?

Thanks!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1589 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 04:25:02 »
Hi,

New here. Just wondering if this GB still on going? Those Ivan still accepts order?

Thanks!

Orders are closed. It's in production. To join, you would have to take over a pre-existing order.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline memarin

« Reply #1590 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 05:13:10 »

Orders are closed. It's in production. To join, you would have to take over a pre-existing order.

Thanks for the clarification

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1591 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:14:41 »
Got to be nearing the home stretch on these babies now, a month past the estimated delivery date. Can't wait to see some pics!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1592 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:21:37 »

yeah... I still have no idea the ETA for real.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1593 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 12:29:29 »
Show Image

yeah... I still have no idea the ETA for real.
Since I'm no familiar with PLUM, what is the current situation with our order?

Is it radio silence, or refusal to give us an estimated completion time?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1594 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 18:02:41 »
Since I'm no familiar with PLUM, what is the current situation with our order?

Is it radio silence, or refusal to give us an estimated completion time?

The past few pages' discussion indicates that it's pretty much that PLUM doesn't talk much.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline lolkey

« Reply #1595 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 10:26:45 »
Anyone know if the stepped caps lock key is centered stem?
filco ninja mj2 tkl · mx brown · black case · blank black pbt
varmilo va87mr tkl · gateron red · black case · dye sub pbt ❤
vortex pok3r rgb · mx silent · white case · blank xda pbt

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1596 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 10:34:12 »
Anyone know if the stepped caps lock key is centered stem?

Yeah it comes with both. Was thinking he was asking about full touch for some reason.

Full touch capslock -> center stem
stepped capslock -> off-center stem
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Sulianjeo

« Reply #1597 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 03:59:56 »
Oh god. These guys really like taking their time. I'm amazed PLUM hasn't made any contact. Maybe they will come by the new year.

Offline Ridillz

« Reply #1598 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:47:24 »
Yeah the wait is getting rough lol. I've given up expecting news on their completion. I'm just excited to see a new post in the thread. These were originally going to go on my WASD V2, Then on a Filco MJT2 ninja, and currently slated to end up on a Filco MJT2 TKL. Either I've been waiting a really really long time, or I have poor impulse control and money management skills. I'll just put my blinders on and blame the factors I can't control!  ;)
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1599 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 09:53:34 »
Went ahead and said **** this wait and picked up the blank set of Poker 2 caps from Massdrop. I'm hesitant if PLUM knows how to use a shipping system though since they obviously haven't figured out email yet.