Author Topic: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (COMPLETED)  (Read 471993 times)

Offline jalthi

Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (production)
« Reply #2150 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 15:43:30 »
Ivan,

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'll be extremely disappointed if you ship these out in anything resembling a timely matter.  To stay consistent with this group buy you should now lose the boxes for about 4 weeks, send your cat out to look for them for another 2 months, then report that they were just sitting in the middle of your living room the whole time.  Only then can you legitimately attempt to ship them out.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2151 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:09:52 »
Ivan,

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'll be extremely disappointed if you ship these out in anything resembling a timely matter.  To stay consistent with this group buy you should now lose the boxes for about 4 weeks, send your cat out to look for them for another 2 months, then report that they were just sitting in the middle of your living room the whole time.  Only then can you legitimately attempt to ship them out.

Implying that any of these delays were Ivan's fault.   :thumb:

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2152 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:42:11 »
Ivan,

Oh, you!

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #2153 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 08:15:10 »
Ivan,

Woah woah woah buddy, this is no place for the truth. You shut your **** mouth and conform to sucking Ivan's ****. They'll come when they come and you be god damn grateful you could pay for the opportunity.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2154 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 08:20:13 »

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2155 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:29:19 »
Genuinely surprised some people around here haven't been given mandatory refunds already. I'm sure there are plenty who'd be happy to take their spot.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2156 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:49:34 »
Genuinely surprised some people around here haven't been given mandatory refunds already. I'm sure there are plenty who'd be happy to take their spot.

Its not worth worrying about. We needed all the help we could get to reach the MOQ for this, and everyone paid the same. It's unwise to think anyone deserves these or doesn't, we all purchased them. Have you heard of a "troll" before?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #2157 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:59:56 »

Its not worth worrying about. We needed all the help we could get to reach the MOQ for this, and everyone paid the same. It's unwise to think anyone deserves these or doesn't, we all purchased them. Have you heard of a "troll" before?

I'm not even trolling. This all started when I was requesting updates because we were going several weeks to months without anything. You J0be Nub and many others decided to start getting offensive. I'm just playing the games you guys continue to play. This is all just par for the course on a 3 year GB.

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2158 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:00:10 »

I have. The existence of a label for that kind of behaviour doesn't make it acceptable though, in my opinion. Anyway, I'm aware it's not my decision, and you are right about the MOQ. One way or another it's a good thing this group buy has happened, judging by the pictures of the sets.

Offline jalthi

« Reply #2159 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:02:45 »
Man, some people are just wound up too tightly.  I was making a joke, and no I don't blame Ivan for the delays - that's why the entire post centered on a need for him to create an extended delay so he could 'fit in' with the rest of the legs of the group buy. 

Certainly it's not worth starting an argument about, so take a deep breath, count down from 10 backwards and let's all enjoy the keycaps when they are delivered.

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2160 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:07:55 »
Man, some people are just wound up too tightly.  I was making a joke, and no I don't blame Ivan for the delays - that's why the entire post centered on a need for him to create an extended delay so he could 'fit in' with the rest of the legs of the group buy. 

Certainly it's not worth starting an argument about, so take a deep breath, count down from 10 backwards and let's all enjoy the keycaps when they are delivered.
For the record, I know you were just poking fun :)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2161 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:40:48 »

I think everyone understood that :)

It's just Sergeant_Shart has to make everything about himself but continues to act as if he is trying to help everyone else out. I don't think its been said enough how the OEM is the one with the problems but Sergeant_Shart just has to keep implying ivan is scamming everyone or something.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2162 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 12:38:02 »

For the record, I know you were just poking fun :)

I assumed that as well, I just found it unnecessary to make the joke implying it was Ivan's fault.  Perhaps it was an overly sensitive reaction.  Regardless, I think we can all (well, mostly all) agree that we're happy this is drawing to a close.  :)

Offline geniekid

« Reply #2163 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:03:43 »
Regardless, I think we can all (well, mostly all) agree that we're happy this is drawing to a close.  :)

I can get behind that :D

Offline Yslen

Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #2164 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:14:41 »
So excited for caps. And cats. As Ivan hasn't said anything I'm assuming we get one with each order.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2165 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:32:10 »
Cats not included!!!

I'll just go ahead and send these out in a ONE KEY per month schedule, so no one is disappointed with the delivery time frame. In only a short 104 months, you will have the full set ready to use :D
[THAT IS A JOKE, JUST IN CASE ANYONE IS OBLIVIOUS TO HUMOR]

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2166 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:39:39 »
Cats not included!!!

I'll just go ahead and send these out in a ONE KEY per month schedule, so no one is disappointed with the delivery time frame. In only a short 104 months, you will have the full set ready to use :D

Can I get two caps the first month? That 104th month is going to be really busy for me so I'd like to have the full set before then.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2167 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:42:18 »
Cats not included!!!

igetthatreference.xml

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2168 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:43:01 »
Cats not included!!!

omfg I cannot wait that long does anyone want to buy my order!! :)) THAT WAS ALSO A JOKE thanks Ivan too bad about the cat though ...
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline geniekid

« Reply #2169 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 14:18:01 »
Cats not included!!!

Frankly, this is getting a little ridiculous - with the amount of time we've been waiting I feel like you should be sending 3-4 keys MINIMUM a month, if not 5-6.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2170 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 14:20:04 »
Cats not included!!!

Frankly, this is getting a little ridiculous - with the amount of time we've been waiting I feel like you should be sending 3-4 keys MINIMUM a month, if not 5-6.

Thank you for your input.

:)) :)) :))

Offline j0hnny

« Reply #2171 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 14:33:17 »

I'm not even trolling. This all started when I was requesting updates because we were going several weeks to months without anything. You J0be Nub and many others decided to start getting offensive. I'm just playing the games you guys continue to play. This is all just par for the course on a 3 year GB.

Thank you for your input

Offline tbc

« Reply #2172 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 15:23:35 »
Cats not included!!!

igetthatreference.json

FTFY
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline RedRoboHood

« Reply #2173 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 15:49:05 »
Cats not included!!!

igetthatreference.mdf

FTFY

FTFTFYFY

Thank you for your input

You're wel- crap, wrong account...

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2174 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 14:58:48 »
That is great news! 1 year 5 months 8 days is worth the wait!

****, was it really that long? Haha.
I'm so ****ing hype. I don't even know what board I'll use these on. XD

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2175 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 16:28:57 »
Well, with the addition of the 1.5 mods, 7x spacebar, and 1.75 shift you are really not too limited on where you can place them board wise.

Offline tbc

« Reply #2176 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 16:41:02 »
Well, with the addition of the 1.5 mods, 7x spacebar, and 1.75 shift you are really not too limited on where you can place them board wise.

wait wat.

1.75x rshift?  like for a 75% board

OMFGZORZWTFBBQ for everyone!!!
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2177 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 17:01:03 »
Wow! I guess I missed that info on the first go around. I didn't know their was a 1.75 shift. Great!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2178 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 20:36:03 »

I didn't realize a 1.75u shift was being included! This set just keeps getting better.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2179 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 23:27:02 »

I didn't realize a 1.75u shift was being included! This set just keeps getting better.

omg, I wish I didn't ordered a blank set so I don't have to sell it. Anyone has black on black set they are willing to part?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2180 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 23:34:52 »

omg, I wish I didn't ordered a blank set so I don't have to sell it. Anyone has black on black set they are willing to part?
+1 I'll be making a formal WTB soon, but if anyone has an extra Black on Black set their looking for someone to take, please let me know! :)
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2181 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 00:02:09 »
I only sold my set because I needed the short shift.. Wish I didn't know!  :p

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2182 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 12:04:18 »

Still nothing for a matrix board, hehheh. Or for custom layouts. Heehee.

(There is always a way to find fault with any group buy)  :p
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2183 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 12:31:03 »
For those that missed out, I will be doing another round as soon as I finish shipping this one. Of course the lead time will be much faster next time too.
Sure, there is always some key someone will be wanting that isn't available. But at least a LOT of progress has been made with getting the molds done for more common keys. Hopefully ISO enter which has been one of big hang ups for international buyers will be taken care of soon too. It will be nice to have the option to offer some of the really hard to find language layout that are generally ISO when/if that finally comes through.

Offline catbuster

• Fusion is Future
« Reply #2184 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 04:34:45 »
Waiting for blank white thick PBT now...

Yeah I really need a thick white Cherry profile blank pbt set. My GON project can't be finished until I find one.

Yes i want white blanks also !  :) cant wait for my blank blacks get shipped also  :D
Poker 2 (black) 60% mx red

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #2185 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 07:19:49 »
For those that missed out, I will be doing another round as soon as I finish shipping this one. Of course the lead time will be much faster next time too.
Sure, there is always some key someone will be wanting that isn't available. But at least a LOT of progress has been made with getting the molds done for more common keys. Hopefully ISO enter which has been one of big hang ups for international buyers will be taken care of soon too. It will be nice to have the option to offer some of the really hard to find language layout that are generally ISO when/if that finally comes through.

Any chance of a 'BLACK vs WHITE' round next?

Offline YoJinBro

• Master Lurker
« Reply #2186 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:12:42 »
this group buy is the reason i joined GH.

and this will now go on my poker iii now, how times have changed.

Same here! A lot has happened in the year+. I have moved almost completely away from Cherry MX, with just a couple of Poker II's remaining (with keycaps that I'm 100% happy with and do not want to change) -- I might need to buy a new keyboard just so I have somewhere to put these keycaps!! The fun never ends.
Keyboards: Realforce 87U 55g 10th Anniv. Edition | HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C/NB | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" | HHKB Pro 2 | Poker II
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Fostex TH900 | HiFiMAN HE-560 | Master & Dynamic MH40 | BeOPlay H6 | Westone W20 | AKG K701

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2187 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:34:39 »
As I already said, I will be offering black PBTs again as soon as these are done shipping.
In regard for white... I may look into doing some POM sets in the near future. Those will only be available as blank, but should be pretty cheap like somewhere around $27-35 a set. Though, on the other hand colors are option too... so we could go for some bright neon color or something too. I only worry about making MOQ for those.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:37:54 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2188 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:51:54 »
As I already said, I will be offering black PBTs again as soon as these are done shipping.
In regard for white... I may look into doing some POM sets in the near future. Those will only be available as blank, but should be pretty cheap like somewhere around $27-35 a set. Though, on the other hand colors are option too... so we could go for some bright neon color or something too. I only worry about making MOQ for those.
Would something like jelly POM be possible? :eek:

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #2189 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:59:00 »
Would something like jelly POM be possible? :eek:

White Jelly POM would be so sweet. Difference colors would be fun as well, I'd love to see a nice purple!

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2190 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:59:59 »

Oh god, would these be Cherry profile? If buy so many sets if different colors were available.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2191 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:04:56 »
Jelly POM always looks so tacky in a bad way to me.  And even though it's tacky, neon POM would be amazing.  Think of the horrible '80s themed boards you could do.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2192 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:13:26 »
Of course POM would be done in Cherry profile, it same company same molds as these PBTs so the same key selection would be available.
I'm not sure about the opacity of white or other colors... but it might be possible to get them semi translucent 'jelly' type. I've been talking to them a little about it. Will have to see how some samples turn out.
If a color is picked instead of white, keep in mind it's still a 300 MOQ per color, so I am not too sure of the feasibility of offering more than one color at a time.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2193 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:15:55 »
Of course POM would be done in Cherry profile, it same company same molds as these PBTs so the same key selection would be available.
I'm not sure about the opacity of white or other colors... but it might be possible to get them semi translucent 'jelly' type. I've been talking to them a little about it. Will have to see how some samples turn out.
If a color is picked instead of white, keep in mind it's still a 300 MOQ per color, so I am not too sure of the feasibility of offering more than one color at a time.
Hmmm, feng had a MOQ of 250 on his jelly sets.

EDIT: Wrong! 500 is the number, nevermind
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:28:03 by wlhlm »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2194 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:21:47 »

Was that the actual vendor MOQ or the user MOQ that he was subsidizing with his own vendor purchases?  Also, was it the same supplier?

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2195 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:27:16 »

Was that the actual vendor MOQ or the user MOQ that he was subsidizing with his own vendor purchases?  Also, was it the same supplier?

Oops, it actually was 500! Sorry, my mistake.
The manufactory requires 500 MOQ which is really hard to reach. I might be doing a interest check first to see how many are interested.

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:28:48 by wlhlm »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2196 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:29:24 »

Oops, it actually was 500! Sorry, my mistake.
The manufactory requires 500 MOQ which is really hard to reach. I might be doing a interest check first to see how many are interested.

Nevermind.

Ah!  Well there we go.  300 isn't so bad after all!  :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2197 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:29:53 »
We could totally hit 300 for a hot pink cap set.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2198 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 12:24:39 »
We could totally hit 300 for a hot pink cap set.

Count me in, also a matching set in a purple bliss type color.