Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 880 times)

Offline CyborgVellocet

Hello!
« on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 22:53:57 »
Hi everyone, My name's Cass, I'm an IT tech from Canada.

I was born missing my right arm and can still type at around 90 WPM. That's how much I love keyboards! I've always had to approach typing a little bit differently than most and it's made me think a lot about keyboard functionality and layout.

As for future goals...I'd love to build a true one-handed keyboard intended for typing and not just gaming, and my far-fetched fantasy goal is to carve up an old prosthetic arm and set some keys into it.

Looking forward to spending some time here.

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:11:55 »
Hi Cass. Welcome to Geekhack.

You're an IT tech and speedy typist with only one arm. That's impressive. I'm also a tech. I wish I could remember who offhand, but there's another user on here who had an injury to where one of his arms is basically useless for the purpose of typing and has come up with some unique keyboard solutions in relation to this. You might be able to fish them out by posting about ideas for such a thing in the Keyboards section.

Wow, that's a great idea with the prosthetic arm. Good luck. I'm sure others would be interested to see the build process if you post it in the Making Stuff Together section.