Author Topic: Hello from France  (Read 1076 times)

Offline TAKUUU

• ISO FR
Hello from France
« on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 03:11:30 »
Hello every one,

It has been a while since i was lurking on mechanical keyboard. I found the community after doing a lot of research and being constantly pointed here trough keycaps GB.
The corona pandemic let me time to dig deeper my knowledge and i finaly decide to present myself today (KAT explosion release GB date !).

I'm defenitly new in that hobby and i'm learning slowly step by step. As a French native i'm looking to build an ISO FR KB (yeah i know :-X). Hopefully, it seems their is a little french community here, I may need use your recommendations !!

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from France
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:08:20 »
Hi TAKUUU. Welcome to Geekhack.

I lurked a long time myself. I have yet to see a KAT set that didn't look awesome, though I don't really follow group buys.

I couldn't point you to them by name offhand, but there are definitely at least a few French users on here. If you're looking for caps, if you post in the Keyboard Keycaps section, I imagine one of them will spot it and might have some ideas for you. I hope so anyway. I know if they're anything like me, I don't even really go into that section.

Offline powahause

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 00:33:11 »

I lurked a long time myself. I have yet to see a KAT set that didn't look awesome, though I don't really follow group buys.

I couldn't point you to them by name offhand, but there are definitely at least a few French users on here. If you're looking for caps, if you post in the Keyboard Keycaps section, I imagine one of them will spot it and might have some ideas for you. I hope so anyway. I know if they're anything like me, I don't even really go into that section.

You really do reply to all of these don't you? And yeah Kat is a pretty cool profile

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 10:30:34 »

You really do reply to all of these don't you? And yeah Kat is a pretty cool profile

I do try to. I know I don't get them all, and I feel bad when I see those 0s in the reply count of the New Members section, especially considering how enthusiastic much of these posts are.

The other sections get more traffic, so I'm hopeful somebody that's dug into the problems you face with a French ISO setup will respond if you post your conundrum there.