Author Topic: White PBT double shot_red  (Read 13547 times)

Offline Vortex-JC

White PBT double shot_red
« on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 08:38:54 »
Pt. 1

Red color.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
Re: White PBT double shot_red
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:11:32 »
PBT DS?
look rare usually PBT DYE/ABS DS
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:15:05 »
:/ if only they are double shot THICK pbt...
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:16:28 »

They look thick to me. Vortex really needs to change that font, though. Otherwise, it looks good.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:16:48 »
they look pretty thick to me  :rolleyes:

they really need to get rid of that typeface though.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:17:11 »

They look thick to me. Vortex really needs to change that font, though. Otherwise, it looks good.

whoa we posted that at the same time.  :thumb:
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline divito

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:54:22 »
Enormous font on the function keys is a big turn off.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:04:45 »
interesting  :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:06:47 »
I concur.....that font :(

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:21:31 »
PBT Doubleshots? AWESOME!
Dat font? Not so nice :/

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:22:51 »
Looks like the same font as the dye sub vortex pbt set from Feng's B and I must say that I ended up liking the font. I hesitated because of the font, but I still got them because they were thick pbt and at a nice price, but the font is also quite nice in real.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline divito

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:25:44 »
Looks like the same font as the dye sub vortex pbt set from Feng's B and I must say that I ended up liking the font. I hesitated because of the font, but I still got them because they were thick pbt and at a nice price, but the font is also quite nice in real.

It's not so much the font in my personal issue with it. The individual letter keys and such are fine, quite nice even. It's that the usage on the function keys is larger, and the all caps on the rest of the 6-key and such are, in my opinion, abhorrent. The white and red look great, and I'm sure the quality is awesome, but those little things would nag at me so much.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:31:21 »
I don't understand why you'd choose to make moulds for this font.. Helvetica, Cherry replica.. ANYTHING would be better than this.

Vortex, you have cool ideas and you do innovative stuff, but often your execution is terrible. This is a prime example of that.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:43:03 »
I don't understand why you'd choose to make moulds for this font.. Helvetica, Cherry replica.. ANYTHING would be better than this.

Vortex, you have cool ideas and you do innovative stuff, but often your execution is terrible. This is a prime example of that.

Yeah, a simple "What is your favorite keycap font?" poll here and in the other KB forums would have been an easy way to check what people like.

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:55:23 »
Artistic choice?
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 11:21:18 »
Artistic choice?

That's another way...
But if you wanna sell stuff, and make cash, tests/studies/surveys/probing, and actually producing what the customer wants, proved to work well.
Either that, or aggressive mind-washing advertizing and "trend setting" to make the people think that they want/need the product you offer :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2013, 11:23:13 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline PepperPanda

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 11:34:10 »
If they made this cherry font, pretty sure everyone here would pick up a set  :p

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 14:26:48 »
i like pbt, i like double shot. PBT double shot? awesome  :D
but the front  :rolleyes:

Offline ___q

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 16:46:50 »
I don't mind the font so much, but the ESC looks pretty out of place.

Excited to see more DS PBT being made!

Offline gropingmantis

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 17:40:10 »
DS PBT Yes yes yes.

But please please please use Cherry font.

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:00:00 »
I wonder how they feel.
It seems to me that the red is not so well/uniformly welded/molded.
I may be wrong though.
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 03:49:31 »
Very interesting

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 03:49:56 »
I don't mind the italic font, but the Esc does seem out of place, and F1-F12 would be better with a smaller font, and perhaps top-aligned like Prt Scr, Scroll Lock etc.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Inklebert

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:38:03 »
Love the color not the font!

Offline scruffles

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 21:11:07 »
I actually like the font. Surprised to see everyone so dead set against it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 21:21:49 »

I like the font - you are not alone ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 01:38:31 »

The font looks, as others have so accurately phrased it, sarcastic.  It's just grating to me.  I'm also not a fan of how much bigger the font is on the function row keys and how the legend placement is all over the place.  Function row?  We'll center it.  Alphas and numpad? The legend goes in the top left.  Arrow keys?  Even though it makes no sense, we'll do centered left. Home, End, Delete, Num Lock, etc?  Top and centered.  Modifiers?  Hey, it's a party that everyone is invited to!  We'll have some centered to the left, some completely centered, and some centered and to the top.

I want to like this cap set, but so much is going on and it's like it was decided by committee or parts of the set were delegated to different teams who had no clue what the others were doing.  In the end, it just makes for a bad looking cap set.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 01:44:52 »

The font looks, as others have so accurately phrased it, sarcastic.  It's just grating to me.  I'm also not a fan of how much bigger the font is on the function row keys and how the legend placement is all over the place.  Function row?  We'll center it.  Alphas and numpad? The legend goes in the top left.  Arrow keys?  Even though it makes no sense, we'll do centered left. Home, End, Delete, Num Lock, etc?  Top and centered.  Modifiers?  Hey, it's a party that everyone is invited to!  We'll have some centered to the left, some completely centered, and some centered and to the top.

I want to like this cap set, but so much is going on and it's like it was decided by committee or parts of the set were delegated to different teams who had no clue what the others were doing.  In the end, it just makes for a bad looking cap set.

A Sarcastic keyset would be awesome!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 01:49:11 »

A Sarcastic keyset would be awesome!

Comic Sans!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 01:54:17 »
A sarcastic group buy full of sarcasm loving members would not be a pretty sight.

Offline Vortex-JC

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 05:15:24 »
More Colors

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:18:31 »
Poor Vortex.

>Offers thick(ish) doubleshot PBT.
>"Hate your font!"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:19:51 »
A sarcastic group buy full of sarcasm loving members would not be a pretty sight.

^^ That's pretty much the normal around here isn't it?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 17:33:07 »
More Colors

Nice extra colours :)

But the comments about the legends still stands - Esc and F-row are too big, and the others would be better centred vertically - especially num lock.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:59:01 »
It is good to see someone making double-shot PBT keycaps! However, I agree that before going to the trouble and expense of making molds for them, it would be good to conduct a survey to assess interest in specific fonts, point sizes, orientation of legends, and background colors and foreground (legend) colors.

Taking a look at some of the time-honored designs would be helpful, such as the keycap design on the venerable IBM Model M and the classic Cherry font, especially as implemented on the Olivetti and Dolch keyboards.

Regarding colors, because it is not possible to produce dye-sub PBT in a white on black keycap, it would be nice to do white on black double-shot PBT. It would also be good to have two-tone schemes available, such as the classic off-white (ivory) and beige with black legends, as used in classic keyboards such as the IBM Model M.

Thanks.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:05:43 »
The font is very ugly to me -_-

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:33:55 »
Where can I get some of those sets!  I don't even care about the font--DS PBT <3  I love the feel of PBT and thick caps.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:45:01 »
The font is not bad, the only thing it kills it for me is the F row and Esc, they are huge!!!
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 22:28:33 »
vortex continues to use a hideous font.

will they ever learn?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 22:51:55 »
It's really not hideous. I have a vortex dyesub set (seems a little different but close) and the font looks good in real. But I must approve that they could have done better, more so considering the trouble of making molds for Double shots.

But it's no reason to hate. Also, I suppose that if they can to double shots, they can do any color combination, so if I was them  the first thing I would do is do something else than a white base color since that's what's mostly used on dyesub because of the dyesub limitation.

I don't know what is their mock, but if it's much lower than GMK it would open up a lot of possibilities!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 22:56:24 »
The font on my Filco yellow keycaps is kinda italic.  It grows on you, but I'm probably biased 'cause they are yellow keycaps.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 22:58:00 »
I don't mind the font at all.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 20:38:49 »
No more update? Very intrigued with the keycaps

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 06:58:12 »
Is there gonna eb a group buy for those? If they are thick, i would love one set of those. I never felt a PBT thick cap, never even tried normals, bt i will order normals shortly. Wonder how big the difference is. What's the price approximately gonna be?
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 17:31:40 »
please... fix... the... font.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 17:59:03 »
The font is not bad, the only thing it kills it for me is the F row and Esc, they are huge!!!

Yeah I agree, the rest is tolerable, but the F row and Esc is too ridiculous.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Halvar

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 18:28:21 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 August 2013, 18:31:06 by Halvar »

Offline TheeCOoon

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 22:29:12 »
I want these keys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline concept73

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 06:01:39 »
They look really nice, any chance of a set for 60% boards?
Poker 2 with reds
Soon to be a JD40 with reds

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 12:29:15 »
Whether you like it or not, massdrop does GB for these caps: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-keycaps

Visit the Typing Test and try!