Author Topic: Why are ClickClacks worth so much more than GasMasks?  (Read 9170 times)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
Re: Why are ClickClacks worth so much more than GasMasks?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 15:08:22 »
one thing i rather enjoy about CC's and dont mind paying little extra for is the continuity of his caps, i can rest assured knowing if i own a depth black cc skull, and i buy another one they will match perfectly. Also didnt kmiller try and microwave/burn one and it took forever? your also paying for those magic flame retardant materials  :)
sell out and eat ass

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 15:12:02 »
Also didnt kmiller try and microwave/burn one and it took forever? your also paying for those magic flame retardant materials  :)

Microwave resistant materials. It succumbed to the flames with ease.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:29:04 »
We need an artisan cap stress test with heat, cold, water, acid, drop, cat, and flame. If I had a video camera I'd sacrifice one of each artists offerings to shoot a video like that.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:34:39 »
We need an artisan cap stress test with heat, cold, water, acid, drop, cat, and flame. If I had a video camera I'd sacrifice one of each artists offerings to shoot a video like that.

Does your phone not record video?

l might buy you a camera to see you stress test your OG clack  :))

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:39:44 »

Does your phone not record video?

l might buy you a camera to see you stress test your OG clack  :))

It does record video, but not for very long. Like 10second clips.

And the OG would be far away in a bunker when this testing goes down :))
Probably would use an F2 for this.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:43:44 »
My BroBot V2 passed the cat bite test.  No scratches.  Scared the crap out of me, but no damage. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:45:17 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:45:17 »
My BroBot V2 passed the cat bite test.  No scratches.

plot twist, you turn around, cat grabs it and runs away, hides it in the litter box :eek:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:57:27 »
My BroBot V2 passed the cat bite test.  No scratches.  Scared the crap out of me, but no damage. :)
The metal bro or plastic bro? :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:59:38 »
plot twist, you turn around, cat grabs it and runs away, hides it in the litter box :eek:

I could spot glow in the dark, bright pink cat poop from a mile away.

The metal bro or plastic bro? :D

Plastic.  My cat likes to bite on things.  She broke two teeth from biting I don't know what.  Probably something metal.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 17:17:13 »
There's a very Eastern (I believe Japanese, primarily) way of thinking towards devoting tons of energy and intense focus on what, at the surface, seems to be a very simple thing. However, the reason for such focus is the pursuit of absolute perfection. This is why you see things like sushi, samurai swords, etc. (very stereotypical, but for a reason) that are extremely stripped down and simple in design, but are crafted to incredible, nearly incomprehensible levels of quality, and within that, *extremely* complex detail.

For an easy way to grasp this concept, watch the Jiro Dreams of Sushi documentary. Literally lifetimes dedicated to a small piece of uncooked fish on top of (nearly) plain rice (with minor garnishes).

This is in contrast to more Western thinking around ornate-ness, detail, elaborate complexity.

Something to think about when considering different artistic styles, whether keycaps or otherwise. Different pursuits of quality.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 17:42:54 »
For an easy way to grasp this concept, watch the Jiro Dreams of Sushi documentary. Literally lifetimes dedicated to a small piece of uncooked fish on top of (nearly) plain rice (with minor garnishes).

I second this recommendation, if only because it's a surprisingly compelling documentary.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 17:59:54 »
because yolo

/thread
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 18:01:20 »
because #vintage

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 02:24:30 »
Because China.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 03:40:33 »
Because bees

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 23:06:43 »
Because

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:11:33 »
There's a very Eastern (I believe Japanese, primarily) way of thinking towards devoting tons of energy and intense focus on what, at the surface, seems to be a very simple thing. However, the reason for such focus is the pursuit of absolute perfection. This is why you see things like sushi, samurai swords, etc. (very stereotypical, but for a reason) that are extremely stripped down and simple in design, but are crafted to incredible, nearly incomprehensible levels of quality, and within that, *extremely* complex detail.

This is in contrast to more Western thinking around ornate-ness, detail, elaborate complexity.

Something to think about when considering different artistic styles, whether keycaps or otherwise. Different pursuits of quality.

Oh god I might have just gotten the most ridiculous idea for some custom keycaps.
c h e r

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:22:05 »

Oh god I might have just gotten the most ridiculous idea for some custom keycaps.

Sushi caps™?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:40:29 »
I'm down for anything sushi :D

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 16:05:59 »

Sushi caps™?

^_^ kawaii desu ne
c h e r