Author Topic: [GB] budget96 - Extras Available  (Read 158079 times)

Offline 112227

Re: [GB] budget96 - PCBs Here!
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 04:42:38 »
I probably wouldn't want to take a chance on a scratched up PCB. Functionality could be hanging on by a thread depending on where the scratches are.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 16:17:03 »
Thanks so far for the civil and positive responses, it's a reminder that the community isn't always a mess like it can appear in some current, unspecified GB threads. I've not heard back from the seller yet and am planning to send another email later today, but I'll address some of the comments so far:

- On all the PCBs I've inspected so far, they do connect to BMC, the firmware flashes successfully, and random switch tests work fine, so for the most part any of the damage does seem just visual.

- I am planning more comprehensive testing of boards that do have potentially performance-affecting damage, ie the port scrapes crossing the LED trace for LCtrl. I would prefer to not send out boards with this particular issue at all, but I might not have enough boards that don't have it, so at the very least I will be testing it and making any necessary touchups to it to make sure that LED is still functional, which should just be making sure the copper from the ground plane isn't in contact with the trace and covering the bare copper with something to keep shorting from being an issue.

- In the same way, any other scratches I find that look to be deeper than just the surface of the mask I'll be doing comprehensive testing of any portion of the matrices that they cross to determine if they're an issue. So far I think I've only seen maybe one that even reaches the copper other than the port scrapes.

- Most of them I will be scrubbing scratches/scrapes/residue spots with ISO to try and get rid of as much as I can of what's just visual, so I'm hoping that most will look better than they do now.

Even if I can't guarantee that the top of the PCB will be spotless, I will be guaranteeing that everyone does end up with boards that are 100% functional, or at the very least compensation for any lack of functionality for which I'm hoping that contacting the seller will provide me with even if they're functional.

I do want to point out that I only realized earlier today while going through some of the boards that none of them appear to actually have numlock or capslock leds soldered onto them, which is more disappointing when I have a conversation with the seller specifically about using white instead of green for this. If that's going to be a problem for you let me know and I'll see what I can do about it, even if it means buying some and doing some SMD soldering that I told myself I'd never do again.

I want to thank you again for keeping the thread civil and positive as it's a lot easier on me to deal with than the negativity that I see pop up way too often on some GBs that have some hiccups. It's been a tough year for me and my projects and I don't know where I'd be right now without the understanding and positivity of those that have been willing to support me through the difficulties.

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 16:30:16 »
If it helps, I will take a pcb without working LEDs. I always disable them on my keyboards anyways. If you end up needing to send some without LEDs, message me and I'll give you my order info.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 12:52:57 »
FWIW, I'm ok with doing trace repair on my three especially if it means they're B-stock.

Offline ClicksOnLinks

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 16:59:01 »
I don't mind the blemishes. Some looked worse than others but so long as the PCB actually works, or even mostly works, that's all that matters to me. If I have to jump a few traces that's not a problem for me

Offline azachhh

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 22:07:51 »
If someone can provide a decent guide to jumping the traces, I don’t mind having to deal with that either. Always up for a new project.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 15:59:13 »
Do you know if this issue will be resolved before the year ends? If not,  I need to update my shipping address.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 21:59:58 »
Do you know if this issue will be resolved before the year ends? If not,  I need to update my shipping address.

I would like to say it will be, but I also know that me giving time estimates just hasn't worked out this year. Good news is when you get your shipping invoice you'll be able to change your address right then to what it needs to be for the time.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that as of right now I haven't heard back from the seller yet and I've decided to escalate things with PayPal in hopes of receiving a response.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2018, 22:30:59 by donutcat »

Offline Gettys

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 16:04:30 »
The more I look at this the more I want it lol, hope everything gets resolved sooner then later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lollipoplouie

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:29:23 »
Just saw the news about the blemishes, unfortunate, but super appreciative about being kept in the loop just like everyone else. I too do not care about the blemishes as long as they are functional and don't care about missing capslock and numlock leds either. Just wanted to throw my two cents in, hopefully this doesn't become too much more of an ordeal for you donut, best wishes.

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 08:14:18 »
Just saw the news about the blemishes, unfortunate, but super appreciative about being kept in the loop just like everyone else. I too do not care about the blemishes as long as they are functional and don't care about missing capslock and numlock leds either. Just wanted to throw my two cents in, hopefully this doesn't become too much more of an ordeal for you donut, best wishes.

1000% this.

Offline johnextremesourcreme

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:14:53 »
This, i just need mine to be functional.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 23:59:53 »
Any news(hopefully good) as of lately? know you’re busy and it’s that time of the year but figured I’d check in to see if there was any new news.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 03:22:13 »
Any news(hopefully good) as of lately? know you’re busy and it’s that time of the year but figured I’d check in to see if there was any new news.

I've been in touch with PayPal for the dispute process since there's been no communication on the seller's end. Due to the amount and some other details of the original payment it's been a slightly more complicated process than a "normal" dispute, so it's taken a bit longer to get it going. They were supposed to call me back the end of last week to finish starting the dispute but they didn't for some reason, so I'll be getting back ahold of them this coming week to hopefully get it moving. I'm hoping the snowstorm going on here won't interfere with that among other things.

Offline unausgeschlafen

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 05:33:41 »
Thank you for investing yourself so hard in this. Quite a process this group buy.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 05:34:50 »

I've been in touch with PayPal for the dispute process since there's been no communication on the seller's end. Due to the amount and some other details of the original payment it's been a slightly more complicated process than a "normal" dispute, so it's taken a bit longer to get it going. They were supposed to call me back the end of last week to finish starting the dispute but they didn't for some reason, so I'll be getting back ahold of them this coming week to hopefully get it moving. I'm hoping the snowstorm going on here won't interfere with that among other things.

Thanks for the response, still excited for this even with the delays and mishaps.  Hopefully it’ll all come together soon.

Offline 112227

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 03:13:56 »
any news within the past week?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 11:31:55 »

I doubt we will hear anything back before the New Year, I might be wrong thought. I figured with holiday's Donut is either spending time with family/friends or he is busting butt shipping things. I am sure he will update us as soon as he can thought.

Offline 112227

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 19:28:46 »

I doubt we will hear anything back before the New Year, I might be wrong thought. I figured with holiday's Donut is either spending time with family/friends or he is busting butt shipping things. I am sure he will update us as soon as he can thought.

:blank:

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 23:41:32 »
Surprise, you will hear back before then. I'm on a trip this weekend but before I left I managed to talk to a very helpful PayPal rep who go the disputes sorted for me and the process is going right now. I'm hoping that it won't take too long to work out, but there is a 15 day minimum for the seller to respond, so I'm expecting it to take at least that long though there's always a chance for it to move through more quickly.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 23:53:01 »
Thanks for tune update donutcat!

With these delays in going to have to change my shipping address. What's the best way for me to handle that?

Offline azachhh

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 12:34:18 »

With these delays in going to have to change my shipping address. What's the best way for me to handle that?

Same here.

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 17:42:20 »

+1 on that. I'll be moving at the beginning of next month.
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline Evolken

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 17:43:04 »
Looking to sell my spot in the group buy. Decided to go with a different board/layout. Purple PCB, black plates, normal middle (not high profile), and GMK stabs. Confirmed with DonutCat that we can move order/invoice to the new person officially (not double ship items from me to you). Original invoice total: $90.50. PM me with offers.

Edit: Willing to drop to $80

Shipping cost is invoiced at the time of shipping ~$15 for US.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 December 2018, 10:03:05 by Evolken »

Offline johnextremesourcreme

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 08:55:28 »
Surprise, you will hear back before then. I'm on a trip this weekend but before I left I managed to talk to a very helpful PayPal rep who go the disputes sorted for me and the process is going right now. I'm hoping that it won't take too long to work out, but there is a 15 day minimum for the seller to respond, so I'm expecting it to take at least that long though there's always a chance for it to move through more quickly.
great news!

Offline johntron25

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 12:14:20 »
Any new updates with Paypal issue? It's been 12 days since the last update.

What is the plan? even if you win the Paypal dispute does that mean we are stuck with the PCBs?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 20:14:24 »
Any new updates with Paypal issue? It's been 12 days since the last update.

What is the plan? even if you win the Paypal dispute does that mean we are stuck with the PCBs?

Having to put a little bit more fight into the dispute. PayPal had actually straight denied it at one point, but after spending yesterday talking to a few more reps it seems that was a mistake on their end. The dispute is back open, I've been asked for some more information that I'm putting together, and we're still currently in the waiting phase. As for "the plan", if the dispute is successful then we're still stuck with the PCBs, which as I mentioned I'll be verifying full functionality, cleaning up, and applying needed fixes, but I'm planning a good partial refund for everyone that got a PCB that I'll most likely apply to the shipping costs for ease of application.

Offline ryanh

• Stone Carver
    • For all your memorial needs
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 14:34:07 »
That's great, thanks for the update.  Hopefully you're not worrying to much about this over the holidays!  Everyone needs a break and I'm sure these PCBs have caused you more than your fair share of stress.

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 19:29:30 »
That's great, thanks for the update.  Hopefully you're not worrying to much about this over the holidays!  Everyone needs a break and I'm sure these PCBs have caused you more than your fair share of stress.

+1. Shtuff happens and it will all work out in the end.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 19:52:42 »
I have an order I'd be willing to sell.

Green plate
Purple PCB

Order total: 98 USD.

PM with offers

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:42:55 »
Looking to sell my spot.

1  x $93.00
1 Purple PCB, White Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 GMK Stab Set

Offline azachhh

Re: [GB] budget96 - Waiting for PayPal to do stuff
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 19:58:28 »
Looking to sell my order for $175. PM offers.
210201-0

Offline 112227

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 17:15:05 »
anyone actually getting interest on selling your spots?

Offline Gettys

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 17:11:54 »
Have we heard anything from PayPal? Just curious since it’s been a minute from the last update.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 19:32:16 »
It's been awhile since the most recent update. Will we receive our keyboards before the start of Game of Thrones new  season?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 16:55:46 »
Sorry for no updates, nothing in the situation has changed currently. PayPal is still waiting out the "response period" for the seller before they're willing to move on the dispute.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 16:57:31 »
Sorry for no updates, nothing in the situation has changed currently. PayPal is still waiting out the "response period" for the seller before they're willing to move on the dispute.
Have you made any decisions about the worst case scenario? Just wondering while we wait if there’s any plan b.  Thanks for the update!

Offline johntron25

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:20:14 »

how much longer for the wait period to be over?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 18:42:08 »

Technically the seller has until Feb 21st to respond, though PayPal does have an "estimated resolution date" of tomorrow on the dispute pages, so I'll see what happens there.

Have you made any decisions about the worst case scenario? Just wondering while we wait if there’s any plan b.  Thanks for the update!

The absolute worst case at this point in time is that the disputes get denied and I have to ship everyone their complete orders without the partial refund that I want to be able to give. I'd still be working on each of the orders to make sure everything is functional and that no one gets any of the boards that have the most severe issues. I'd also like to point out at this time that awhile back I went through the plates while dealing with the PCB disputes, and some of the plates do have minor visual defects, enough that I then started a dispute with JLCPCB since this is the second batch that I've received with this issue, particularly after being reassured it wouldn't happen again. This dispute is a lot less complicated than the PCB ones are and it's been long enough since it was opened that I anticipate it being resolved possibly before the PCBs, and I'm intending to use the funds as partial refunds to make up for the visual flaws.

Offline lollipoplouie

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 20:24:38 »
Man, wish this wasn't such an ordeal for you donutcat.... Thank you for your transparency with everything however, and thank you for going through the effort to try and get a partial refund and making sure we are sent quality products. I am sure by the end of all this I will still have a board that I am very  happy with. =)

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:25:11 »
Yeah, echoing lollipoplouie's sentiment, thank you for being so transparent about this group buy that should probably be renamed to the Murphy'sLaw96 by this point. :P
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline johntron25

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 13:19:49 »

Technically the seller has until Feb 21st to respond, though PayPal does have an "estimated resolution date" of tomorrow on the dispute pages, so I'll see what happens there.

The absolute worst case at this point in time is that the disputes get denied and I have to ship everyone their complete orders without the partial refund that I want to be able to give. I'd still be working on each of the orders to make sure everything is functional and that no one gets any of the boards that have the most severe issues. I'd also like to point out at this time that awhile back I went through the plates while dealing with the PCB disputes, and some of the plates do have minor visual defects, enough that I then started a dispute with JLCPCB since this is the second batch that I've received with this issue, particularly after being reassured it wouldn't happen again. This dispute is a lot less complicated than the PCB ones are and it's been long enough since it was opened that I anticipate it being resolved possibly before the PCBs, and I'm intending to use the funds as partial refunds to make up for the visual flaws.

Thank you for going the extra mile by trying to get us partial refund! Happy Newyear!

Offline ryanh

• Stone Carver
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 09:35:30 »
Yeah, echoing lollipoplouie's sentiment, thank you for being so transparent about this group buy that should probably be renamed to the Murphy'sLaw96 by this point. :P

I second, or third or whatever at this point, these sentiments.  This is actually working out well for me at this point because I was going to have to get the board shipped to my dad in California, but I'll be moved by the time this is all resolved, so I can just get it shipped straight to me!

Also, please consider this an enthusiastic second on the name Murphy'sLaw96!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 07:45:32 »

I second, or third or whatever at this point, these sentiments.  This is actually working out well for me at this point because I was going to have to get the board shipped to my dad in California, but I'll be moved by the time this is all resolved, so I can just get it shipped straight to me!

Also, please consider this an enthusiastic second on the name Murphy'sLaw96!

Same here, I'm also in the middle of a move and was going to have this shipped to my parents house. And I love the idea of renaming this to Murphy'sLaw96!

Offline 112227

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 03:01:40 »
so current plan is to wait til 2/21?

Is that to see if they agree to remake/reimburse for PCBs?
I would believe it's highly unlikely they will choose to remake the PCBs. Have they responded at any point of the dispute?

Offline 112227

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 17:21:10 »
WTS $50

Budget96 GB
1 Black PCB, Black Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 Hipro Layer, 1 GMK Stab Set

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 02:45:12 »
donut do you have any current updates for us? I know you said it could take till the 21st but was curious if anything happened.

Offline ryanh

• Stone Carver
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 09:17:53 »
Sent you a pm

WTS $50

Budget96 GB
1 Black PCB, Black Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 Hipro Layer, 1 GMK Stab Set

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:14:11 »
donut do you have any current updates for us? I know you said it could take till the 21st but was curious if anything happened.

Nothing on the PCBs currently, the disputes are still marked as "Under Review". There was a little notification that there was an update on the 5th, but nothing has changed on them so I think it's just someone looked at the dispute to see if there was any changes on either side.

There is some "good" news, depending on how you look at it, on the plates dispute, which was resolved mostly in my favor. So using the available funds from that dispute, any order that included plates will be receiving a 15% refund on them applied to their shipping invoice for the cosmetic issues, and I'll be going through the same process of cherry-picking through them to make sure no one gets the worst of them.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've been toying around with the idea of a sticker to go with the kits that's like "I survived Murphy's-Law-96 and all I got was this lousy sticker" or something like that.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:54:04 »
Really looking forward to the board.  When it's winter I really prefer plastic cases.  Oh hell, who am I kidding.  I always prefer plastic cases :)