Author Topic: Mionix NAOS 7000.....  (Read 37695 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Mionix NAOS 7000.....
« on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 01:03:33 »
Just received this baby from Fedex a few minutes ago....

Have connected it to the PC and not using anything accept the rudimentary NAOS 7000 Software Version 1.19.

Of course the main reason why I bought this beggar (my 3rd from this company) was to find a mouse model with a decent optical sensor.  It has an ADNS-3310 gaming grade optical sensor which is perfect.  Plus the same old scroll wheel which is the most sublime I've ever used in any input device.

The shape of the mouse is unchanged because it's brilliant finish and outright sturdiness is something to be admired compared to the horrible, noisy, crackling cheapness of the current DA2013.  It's braided cable is still manufactured as flexible as some strands of hair without it being stiff or harsh when you move your fingers along it, good one Mionix.  Amazing how certain company's still adhere to a high quality standard throughout their model ranges, while others have gotten worse like Razer and sometimes Logitech and Microsoft have joined that brigade of greedy, price gouging parasites. The lure of easy money and using fake propaganda released unto the gullible, just to keep on ripping people off with tacky, input devices that now break down all to frequently.

This would be the absolute first time that I don't have any problems using this current model mouse, within Windows 8.1  :thumb: .

All I can say is that this baby is a keeper, if you want right hand relaxation.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 01:12:11 by Elrick »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Mionix NAOS 7000.....
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 14:02:40 »
Ooooooooo that baby looks sweet. Where'd you pick that up from?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 16:51:14 »
Ooooooooo that baby looks sweet. Where'd you pick that up from?

Easy, off Mionix's Shop (http://mionix.net/mionix-store/) on the net.  I know I got scalped with Fedex Shipping but I wanted to try this baby out when the new sensor was confirmed for this.

I use to have extreme difficulties with their previous laser sensors in the 5000 and 8200 series but now I've found the "Goldilock's" mouse which is simply 'perfect' for me.

There is no extra weight placement for this model but I can confirm she isn't exactly anorexic like the Rival or DA2013 rodents.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 16:53:14 by Elrick »

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 18:45:05 »
Did you cheeck PCCG? They've been stocking Mionix mice for a few years now.

Ah, they're still in preorder for this model. If the sensor is good I might try the Avior 7000 one day, the size and shape looks better for me. But I'm still liking the Savu a lot.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 18:51:34 by All The Fire »

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 18:47:01 »
Mionix are swedish and all my local stores carry their products. I could proxy if need be.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 19:07:02 »
Did you cheeck PCCG? They've been stocking Mionix mice for a few years now.

Ah, they're still in preorder for this model. If the sensor is good I might try the Avior 7000 one day, the size and shape looks better for me. But I'm still liking the Savu a lot.

I placed my order a couple of weeks before PCCG posted their response.  I nearly buy all my stuff from PCCG, but some items still elude them and hence my choice of buying from overseas.

I have a couple of Roccats (XTD and KONE Optical), very fine mice  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 19:09:56 by Elrick »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 11:47:47 »
This looks to be a great one. Potential to become a classic, IMHO if the software, etc proves good.

Good scroll wheel, comfortable shape, good sensor. I like.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 17:10:26 »
Yeah I'm thinking I might have to pick one up.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 18:03:53 »
This looks to be a great one. Potential to become a classic, IMHO if the software, etc proves good.

Good scroll wheel, comfortable shape, good sensor. I like.

My experience with Mionix software hasn't been very impressive. It's not outright terrible, but it is unnecessarily overdesigned and clunky, and certainly not a good point.

To OP:
How is the build quality compared to the 5k? Because to be worth the price, the 7k better be miles ahead of the 5k in terms of build quality.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 19:42:17 »
To OP:
How is the build quality compared to the 5k? Because to be worth the price, the 7k better be miles ahead of the 5k in terms of build quality.

Since I have the both the NAOS 5000 and 8200 series (both with added weights), they were surprising well designed when it came to the housing and switches.  Both stood up to my handling and extreme pressures without squealing.  For me the only problems I had were with their use of fundamentally flawed laser sensors, which they tried to repair with numerous firmware updates (failed miserably).

The current NAOS 7000 has no weights but it seems to have the exact same heaviness as the previous models (which I personally love).  All Mionix have done is use the exact same plastic injection mould for this mouse model as previous models that have been released already.  The good thing is that they still have that VOLVO added quality to it.  No matter how hard you press the switches or press hard on the scroll wheel, it still continues to work without faults.

You vun seem to have some trouble with the build quality of your NAOS 5000 series yet for me that exact same model has continued to work flawlessly within Windows 7 only (win 8.1 is a problem).  The NAOS 7000 works perfectly within Win 7 and Win 8.1 without needing any firmware updates (not that there is one available).  The only way I could possibly kill the NAOS 7000 is throw into the brick wall and see if it still works when re-connected with the PC - but not yet.

Overall the price is correct for the hardware that it's using ADNS-3310 gaming grade optical sensor and a 32MHz ARM processor bundled inside the housing.  The 4 layers of soft touch rubber coating which is quite good compared to most other coatings on mice, except the current Roccat range (they still rule). Seems to be a durable surface ensuring maximum grip/soft touch feel.

Thus far it works beautifully, maybe need to use it for 3 months or more to see what it's really like before giving it any thumbs up praise, but considering what's been released already out there, I think this baby is a winner for the right-handers.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 January 2014, 19:46:10 by Elrick »

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 19:42:50 »
Mionix need to release all their mice in smaller versions, I like the shape and everything but they're all just made for giants.

If they can re-release their mouse 15% smaller than it would be perfect.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 21:37:05 »
Mionix need to release all their mice in smaller versions, I like the shape and everything but they're all just made for giants.

You're wrong, they only release the average hand width + length hence they're absolutely suitable for 70% of the human population on Earth.

You should start using growth serum or wait till you're a little older (presuming you are still a schoolie).

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 03:08:48 »

I wouldn't say they're made for giants, my hands aren't huge, but I'd still like the Naos shape to be slightly bigger.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:56:15 »

You're wrong, they only release the average hand width + length hence they're absolutely suitable for 70% of the human population on Earth.

You should start using growth serum or wait till you're a little older (presuming you are still a schoolie).

I wouldn't say they're made for giants, my hands aren't huge, but I'd still like the Naos shape to be slightly bigger.

lol ok maybe saying they're made for giants is a bit exaggeration.  But they're definitely not suitable for 70% of the human population.

Let's look at some number, I'll only do length for simplicity's sake:

Larger Mouse:

135 mm - Roccat Kone XTD
131 mm - Logitech G400
130 mm - Mionix Naos
127 mm - Razer Deathadder
125 mm - Mionix Avior
125 mm - SteelSeries Sensei
124 mm - Razer Taipan

Smaller Mouse:

120 mm - Roccat Kone Pure
117 mm - SteelSeries Kinzu
115 mm - Razer Abyssus
108 mm - Logitech G9X
107 mm - CM Storm Spawn/Xornet

So all the Mionix mouse definitely belongs to the larger group.  Also doesn't help that I claw/fingertip grip.  At the moment Mionix has nothing in the mouse lineup that cator towards the smaller hand claw/fingertip grip group.

And I'm pretty sure telling their customer to buy growth serum won't help sell their products.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:59:21 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 19:33:53 »
And I'm pretty sure telling their customer to buy growth serum won't help sell their products.

Sorry bud, stupid joke from a stupid person  :p .

Mionix is 'propbably' just catering for their own population.  70% of their population are related to ancient Nordish races hence they're physical dimensions are far greater than most others from the southern hemisphere.  As usual their grasp of ergonomics is only suitable to their own specifications and that maybe their reasoning for only releasing limited sized input products.

I'm not saying they designed their product range solely for their own use, but it clearly says on the bottom label that the product is "Designed and Engineered in Sweden" but assembled in P.R.C.

I suspect that Mionix isn't some huge corporation like Logitech or Razer and hence having multiple sized moulds for plastic injection would be facilitated.  They only have just two different moulds to which all of their current range of mice are produced.  If more people buy their product range maybe down the track they'll release new sized input devices.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:05:26 »
lol no worries, but yeah hopefully one day they'll expand their product line.

Otherwise at the moment I really like the shape of Mionix Avior and Razer Taipan, just wish it was smaller.  One can only dream.  :P

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:24:57 »

lol ok maybe saying they're made for giants is a bit exaggeration.  But they're definitely not suitable for 70% of the human population.

Let's look at some number, I'll only do length for simplicity's sake:

Larger Mouse:

135 mm - Roccat Kone XTD
131 mm - Logitech G400
130 mm - Mionix Naos
127 mm - Razer Deathadder
125 mm - Mionix Avior
125 mm - SteelSeries Sensei
124 mm - Razer Taipan

Smaller Mouse:

120 mm - Roccat Kone Pure
117 mm - SteelSeries Kinzu
115 mm - Razer Abyssus
108 mm - Logitech G9X
107 mm - CM Storm Spawn/Xornet

So all the Mionix mouse definitely belongs to the larger group.  Also doesn't help that I claw/fingertip grip.  At the moment Mionix has nothing in the mouse lineup that cator towards the smaller hand claw/fingertip grip group.

Personally I've always found the majority of mice in the market to be too small, that is until recently where we've had a refresh of ergonomic style IME-3 like devices.

My somewhat biased impression is that gamers tend to small, lanky nerds with tiny hands. Sorry had to throw that in there =P, since we are capping on shorties, I could not resist.
Sweden also falls on the higher distribution of human height, there's no correlation between height and hand size correlation, but I surmise that might have something to do with it.

Jokes aside, many people prefer, light and small mouse devices because they find them easier to maneuver in games. I do understand that, but most people with regular hands would cramp up after using those tiny devices. I don't think the Mionix Avior can be considered a "mouse for giants" though. I think it's a somewhat standard size mouse suitable for most hand sizes.

There's also an issue with how the mouse is actually measured. Length isn't a good way to describe how large a mouse is because many mouse devices, like the XTD, have uneven lengths throughout.
I know you only used length for simplicity's sake though.

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:42:44 by the1onewolf »

Offline Hyde

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 20:45:18 »
lol yeah that's why I say the length is just for simplicity.  For example out of the "small list" I find Razer Abyssus actually feel the biggest out of the bunch and Roccat Kone Pure feel smallest.

As for the preferred mouse size I think it depends on game and grip style, I know for Starcraft players tend to prefer smaller mouse.  For me I think I'm just used to claw/fingertip so those size seems to work better.

The Ninox Gaming Mouse is a good example of gamer wanting small mouse.  Too bad that project is kind of going nowhere at the moment.  =______=

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:39:47 »
lol yeah that's why I say the length is just for simplicity.  For example out of the "small list" I find Razer Abyssus actually feel the biggest out of the bunch and Roccat Kone Pure feel smallest.

As for the preferred mouse size I think it depends on game and grip style, I know for Starcraft players tend to prefer smaller mouse.  For me I think I'm just used to claw/fingertip so those size seems to work better.

The Ninox Gaming Mouse is a good example of gamer wanting small mouse.  Too bad that project is kind of going nowhere at the moment.  =______=

Get a zowie FK  :p
(disclaimer, I've never used it before =P)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2014, 22:43:38 by the1onewolf »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 18:35:30 »

I think it has been mishandled from the get go.  You'll have lots of so-called gamers suggesting changes to the mouse all the time hence the poor organizers are forced to make re-adjustments in the design and internal components.  Not easy to make a mouse from scratch, probably harder than making any customized keyboard here on Geekhack.

I suspect that the Ninox will finally get released this year but who knows.........

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 19:01:10 »
Not easy to make a mouse from scratch, probably harder than making any customized keyboard here on Geekhack.

Not many people seem willing to try and make their own though.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 20:44:11 »
I tried the naos 3200 at fry's.
I wish the mouse was a few mm taller but I really like the ring finger rest.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 08:32:10 »
I tried the naos 3200 at fry's.
I wish the mouse was a few mm taller but I really like the ring finger rest.

If you like the rest then I'd recommend both the Func MS-3 and Razer Naga with wide grip over the Naos 3200 and 5000. I can't say much about the newer Naos models, but the 3200 and 5000 aren't very impressive in terms of build quality and feel. I would only get the 3200 if an optical sensor is important to you.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 00:23:54 »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 00:57:18 »
Olde to JOY!
*gosh it's still quite expensive after tax and shipping
Amazon prime spoils me so much.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 March 2014, 01:02:15 by the1onewolf »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 13:04:37 »
Yeah, but still it's $20 cheaper than Amazon prime (assuming the drop hits its target)

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 09:25:08 »
Thanks for the post elrick. You are fortifying my purchase this pay day!

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 15:12:21 »
You say the scroll wheel is sublime... I'm listening! What's it like? Butter smooth?
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:20:48 »
Yeah, but still it's $20 cheaper than Amazon prime (assuming the drop hits its target)

Yea that's true!
I'm going to commit to this since I've been wanting this for a while!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 22:24:40 »
Eugh. I told myself I wouldn't buy anything off GH next month... Looks like I'm going to have to add this mouse to my new build...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline zig_ziglar

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 20:58:29 »
All I can say is sadface. The abyssus is the right size mouse for me to use palm grip on, assuming they made a right hand ergonomic version. The Naos is way too big for me to use with any grip. :( That being said, my hand size probably represents the minority on the other end of the spectrum.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 23:02:03 »
I'm very torn between this and a White RAT5 for my new build...

Does it come in white? :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 07:04:15 »
It is available at 45USD today at cdon.com for any Swedes who might be interested.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 08:22:00 »
It is available at 45USD today at cdon.com for any Swedes who might be interested.

Same goes for Norwegians, Danes and Finns, as cdon operates in all those countries.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 08:48:04 »

Same goes for Norwegians, Danes and Finns, as cdon operates in all those countries.
Forgot about that. It also goes to anyone who wants to have it proxied.

The mouse is fairly popular and it is a notable discount for those who might want one. It is even cheaper than the massdrop I believe.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 13:57:00 »
That is a good price!
I'd jump on that!

Although I think after proxy fees + shipping, it'll be the same price as massdrop

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 17:29:54 »
I got the Avior 7000. I decided on this one due to the fact that I claw grip. This thing is a beast.

It fits very nicely in my hand. I can see how those with smaller hands might have trouble but for me it's perfect. It is light but with a sturdy feel to it.

Time to go spank some kids on Battlefield.

Thanks for the post Elrick  :thumb:

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 13:40:48 »
Got my Mionix Naos 7000 from Massdrop yesterday.

First impressions:
  • The mouse buttons have a really nice click, I think maybe the travel distance is a bit farther than the Omrons on my Kana v2?
  • The shape is really nice, and it feels pretty comfortable for me even though I have small hands-- I wasn't able to reach the Forward mouse button without shifting my hand on the mouse though.
  • The scroll wheel isn't that nice in my opinion. I prefer a smoother scroll wheel

I think I'm going to be selling/trading this mouse as it doesn't really work for my hand. I am interested in trying the Logitech G500 next, haha.

Here's a pic of it next to my Zowie FK:

« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 13:45:18 by MsYutai »

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 17:01:13 »
Just plugged this baby in :)
Quick question.
Does the the left click feel different from the right click?
On my mouse.
The right click is smooth for me like an omron but the left click has this pop, more travel distance and is much louder when I depress it (it's kind of a huano actually).
Is this normal?

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 23:22:47 »
Quick question.
On my mouse.
The right click is smooth for me like an omron but the left click has this pop, more travel distance and is much louder when I depress it (it's kind of a huano actually).
Is this normal?

Yeah actually mine feels the same way. Although I would say that the left click is more like a Huano and the right click is like an Omron.
I say this because I think Omrons are a little harder to click at least that's what I noticed when comparing my Zowie FK and my Kana v2.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 01:51:41 »
Quick question.
On my mouse.
Is this normal?

Yeah actually mine feels the same way. Although I would say that the left click is more like a Huano and the right click is like an Omron.
I say this because I think Omrons are a little harder to click at least that's what I noticed when comparing my Zowie FK and my Kana v2.

Isn't that what I said?
Lol  :p

I'm not used to the different right and left clicks.
I'm loving this thumb rest though.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 22:03:24 »
Arrgghh so tempted to get the one on Massdrop right now.
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline lunr

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 17:57:30 »
I wish they do a three side buttons instead of two. I would buy it instantly to replace my G700.

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 18:03:03 »
I wish they do a three side buttons instead of two. I would buy it instantly to replace my G700.

Indeed it seems most mice only come with 2 side buttons. In this case you could remap the DPI switch button, but that's not in an ideal location.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 02:15:38 »
Ugh.
I've got a squeaky scroll wheel sometimes when i move this mouse too fast.
Really terrible  :-\

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 08:21:32 »
I just got the Mionix Avior 7000 which is supposed to be the "smaller" ambidextrous version of the NAOS 7000 and it was still slightly big for my tiny girly hands. I was first torn between this and the Avior because I really liked the feel of the Logitech Performance MX and the NAOS shape was similar to the MX, but now I'm glad I didn't get the NAOS because I think it would've been HUGE for my small hands.
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 17:37:37 »
I just got the Mionix Avior 7000 which is supposed to be the "smaller" ambidextrous version of the NAOS 7000 and it was still slightly big for my tiny girly hands. I was first torn between this and the Avior because I really liked the feel of the Logitech Performance MX and the NAOS shape was similar to the MX, but now I'm glad I didn't get the NAOS because I think it would've been HUGE for my small hands.

Definitely. I also have small hands and the Naos was just slightly too large in that I couldn't reach the forward side button.

I like the Roccat Kone Pure if you want something that's good for palm gripping and still ergonomically shaped.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 12:34:32 »

Definitely. I also have small hands and the Naos was just slightly too large in that I couldn't reach the forward side button.

I like the Roccat Kone Pure if you want something that's good for palm gripping and still ergonomically shaped.

Yeah, even the Avior 7000 is a tad too big for palm gripping (for small hands). It's perfect for somebody with larger hands though. Even average-size is fine for palm gripping with the Avior. I just have really, really, really tiny hands! To give you a reference, my ring size is 3 3/4!  :eek:

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 13:12:10 »

Yeah, even the Avior 7000 is a tad too big for palm gripping (for small hands). It's perfect for somebody with larger hands though. Even average-size is fine for palm gripping with the Avior. I just have really, really, really tiny hands! To give you a reference, my ring size is 3 3/4!  :eek:

Oh wow yeah that is small!! My ring size is 7.

Have you tried the Cooler Master Spawn mouse? I found it too small for me using a palm grip-- can get it for $15 on sale

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 17:53:26 »

Oh wow yeah that is small!! My ring size is 7.

Have you tried the Cooler Master Spawn mouse? I found it too small for me using a palm grip-- can get it for $15 on sale

Nope, haven't tried that one. I might take your suggestion and look at the Roccat Kone Pure though. It looks like a really nice mouse.