Author Topic: Greetings from the UK  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Vapouriser

Greetings from the UK
« on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 15:26:53 »
Evening all

A common story. Been lurking here and on various KB sites for many years, seeking advice on switche, boards and anything related to this glorious hobby of ours.
However I thought it was time to sign up when organising a trade with a fellow MK fan in the UK asked me if I had a GH account - and I had to admit that I didn't - so here I am!

I'm a fan of Clicky, Weighty and Topre and if anyone can point me towards a TKL Topre 55g backlit number with cherry stems and battleship build quality I might just make this my last post ;)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: Greetings from the UK
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 13:48:34 »
Welcome!

Genuine Topre TKL with backlighting as a stock board is nonexistent as far as I know. However, the Royal Kludge RC930-87 is a 55g (or 45g) Topre clone with RGB backlighting and Cherry compatible sliders. The board has been discontinued, though, so you'll have to try to find one in the aftermarket. It doesn't feel exactly like a 55g Topre, but you just may like it more.

Offline Vapouriser

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 16:29:59 »
Welcome!

Genuine Topre TKL with backlighting as a stock board is nonexistent as far as I know. However, the Royal Kludge RC930-87 is a 55g (or 45g) Topre clone with RGB backlighting and Cherry compatible sliders. The board has been discontinued, though, so you'll have to try to find one in the aftermarket. It doesn't feel exactly like a 55g Topre, but you just may like it more.

Never tried a RK - that shall go on my auction radar - thank you :)

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 00:15:32 »
Welcome :)

You could try making a clear RF plate, put LED strips on it, grab some MX sliders + new domes & toss it all into a Digilog case :p

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!