Author Topic: Long time lurker... Time to dive in!  (Read 1594 times)

Offline prkns

• Fourteen
    • Fourteen Keyboards
Long time lurker... Time to dive in!
« on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 17:56:24 »
Hi there...

I've been lurking in the shadows pretty heavily over the past couple of months and today decided to bite the bullet and get involved. Still learning a lot about keyboards and i'm looking forward to spending more money learning more in the future.

Speak soon!

Offline Altis

Re: Long time lurker... Time to dive in!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 19:03:38 »
Welcome!

Any particular keyboards or switch types that have caught your interest?
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline prkns

• Fourteen
    • Fourteen Keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 05:22:44 »
Keyboard-wise, I grabbed my first board from Massdrop in the form of a MagicForce 82, but because of the insane waiting time to take delivery of it (and my impatience), I bit the bullet and grabbed a MagicForce 68 to put me on till my 82 arrived. Turns out I massively prefer the 68 and I've also realised that I love smaller keyboards.

To jump in at the deep end, I grabbed a Gherkin PCB and plate kit and started to put that together the other week... it’s pretty awesome!

As for aspirations, I'm Looking at picking up a Planck (or similar), I really want a Vortex Core, and I think I'm going to build a couple of GH60’s in the near future too.

Basically, this hobby is ending my wallet on a weekly basis!

Switch wise, Gateron Greens are my favourite switches (so far). I don't have the biggest frame of reference but it's a toss up between Gateron Greens and Cherry Blues at the moment. However, I'm looking at grabbing some Kailh Gold and Bronze switches soon, and they'll be built into a couple of custom 60 builds I think.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 00:05:45 »
Welcome and good on you for coming out of the shadows. I'm hoping to get a Planck myself sometime this year.