Author Topic: [IC] GMK Daifuku - GB July 30th  (Read 95263 times)

Offline vndytran

[IC] GMK Daifuku - GB July 30th
« on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:22:43 »
Hi everyone!
Today, we are presenting to you GMK Daifuku. Daifuku (大福餅) is a popular traditional Japanese sweet; it is soft mochi stuffed with sweet red bean paste. A popular spring dessert, Strawberry Mochi (Ichigo Daifuku) is a soft and chewy mochi stuffed with fresh juicy strawberry and sweet red bean paste. Indulge yourself with this beautiful and delicious set! Knowing that, this set is a reference to the Strawberry Mochi. (why would you want any other flavors) It captures the light of a fluffy pink strawberry to a slightly darker sweet red bean paste.

Update
DISCLAIMER: Base kit will include 1.75u backspace + r1 f13 + r2 1u backspace!! Also, GB page is awaiting approval!

New color guide

Kits

Deskmats

Renders (more to come)

Collaborations

Artisans:
Lemonpup.studio
Ochre + Moss
Shirouu.kaps
Artkey Universe
Melonkeys
Avocaps
Tinymakesthings

Keyboard bag:
From Scratch

Switches:
Bolsa Supply

Cables
RnC Cables

Keyboard:
???

Chores ):
Dust off

Group Buy July 30 - September 3

Vendors
International: KBDFans
U.S: Dangkeebs
Canada: Ashkeebs
EU: CandyKeys
AUS: Daily Clack
KOR: Swagkeys
UK: Proto[typists]
SEA: Kibou

This is our very first set and my very first time doing renders.

This is the most important part of this entire interest check. Huge thanks if you can take your time to fill it out!

Special Thanks
For having faith in us
-The biggest thanks chung from Kibou for helping us a ton. It was a learning experience for the both of us. Owe you a lot
-Even bigger thanks to my partner for taking her time on hand drawing all of the novelties, deskmats, logo, and signature <3
-Thank you vendors for this opportunity!
-David from Candy.Keys some renders :)

Make sure to follow us on socials (discord coming soon)

« Last Edit: Thu, 29 July 2021, 12:57:42 by vndytran »

Offline vndytran

Re: [IC] GMK Daifuku
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:23:25 »
first

update 1: wave of feedbacks coming through the IC form. super excited to work and fix stuff for the community. kits will be fixed soon and novelties will have a revamp xd
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:56:01 by vndytran »

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:27:43 »
Deskmats are nice

———————————————
haha keyboard go brrrrrrr

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:30:17 »
I love everything about this. Especially Mr Daifuku, you’ve got me sold on that one bud. Maybe consider having consistent icon/text mods? That’s a little off putting to me and I know others who would say the same as well. Glwic!

Offline vndytran

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:33:08 »
I love everything about this. Especially Mr Daifuku, you’ve got me sold on that one bud. Maybe consider having consistent icon/text mods? That’s a little off putting to me and I know others who would say the same as well. Glwic!

Great idea, I'll definitely consider this. Thanks so much!

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:33:14 »
This is so adorable. Board renders soon please

Offline summerqm

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:48:29 »
This set is really cute and I look forward to more updates on this set!

Few thoughts I have on the current version:
- The pale pink (mochi) color reads more pale in the render than the pantone color card -- maybe it's the lighting effect? Would be nice if we can see the render on a few different background/keyboards.
- Can we include an extra B in the base set?
- Can we also get a 2u shift key in the base set?
- What is the key between the stepped cap and the extra F/J?
- I think there's a duplicate ~/` key in the base set.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the novelties (idunno what it is but the strawberry peaking out of the two halves of the mochi looks weird to me). But the colorway is very soothing and I am definitely interested in the base set. GLWIC!

Offline kibou store

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:52:36 »
Well designed set, looking forward!

Offline raykcy

• RnCables
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:00:57 »
great color! My girlfriend has her eyes on it already!

Offline Owl

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:05:36 »
Love the softer colors used here. Will be keeping an eye on this.

Offline chat and team

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:10:27 »
cute colors but weeb  :p :p :p
love the pink
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:16:08 »
I wish you will add a numpad into the base kit , in order to get more people interested , GLWIC

Offline Pontus

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:19:51 »
You try to make the base kit compatible with as many layouts as possible but don’t include a numpad?

Offline Jyll

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:37:23 »
GLWIC! I'd love to see the geta novelty as the enter so the proportions of the actual plate come through. Something about the current novelty makes it look flat.

Offline siv_

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 13:20:36 »
Mr Daifuku looking neat in the corner there. good set, take my money

Offline Buburoo

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 13:20:42 »
Will Kibou also be covering the UK?

Offline Trwninja

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 13:25:45 »
Don't you just love a good asian dessert set, deskmats are fun too :thumb:
Consider full alice support in base (or at least extra b), but GLWIC!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 14:19:18 »
Super cute set !

The colors are lovely.

Personally not too keen on some of the novelties like the fork (just seems a bit plain) and the hearts with Mr Daifuku's face (it has a creepy vibe to me for some reason, I would have prefered just regular hearts like the ones on his left and right, and same for the solo heart with his face, I would have prefered a regular heart).
Also with the one next to the 3 hearts, I guess it's 2 Daifuku hugging? But seeing it from the back does feel a bit strange, I see like a daifuku with a nose, that was cut in half.

I love the other novelties and find them super cute.

Offline Izeri

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:02:59 »
Really cute! Where's the numpad though? I also noticed the sublegends on a couple of mods are of the wrong color, might want to fix that

Offline vndytran

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:29:33 »
This is so adorable. Board renders soon please

Thanks! On it :D

Offline sleepy

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:45:22 »
this is really cute!

the colors are really pretty too, and i love that little heart novelty key. the set definitely reminds me of daifuku :)

Offline vndytran

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:45:34 »
This set is really cute and I look forward to more updates on this set!

Few thoughts I have on the current version:
- The pale pink (mochi) color reads more pale in the render than the pantone color card -- maybe it's the lighting effect? Would be nice if we can see the render on a few different background/keyboards.
- Can we include an extra B in the base set?
- Can we also get a 2u shift key in the base set?
- What is the key between the stepped cap and the extra F/J?
- I think there's a duplicate ~/` key in the base set.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the novelties (idunno what it is but the strawberry peaking out of the two halves of the mochi looks weird to me). But the colorway is very soothing and I am definitely interested in the base set. GLWIC!

Thanks for the feedback. Means a lot. The base updates will roll out soon :)

Offline vndytran

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:48:19 »
I wish you will add a numpad into the base kit , in order to get more people interested , GLWIC

That is true. Polls right now are leaning on the "separate kit". Separating the kits will make the pricing a bit cheaper.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:49:12 »
GLWIC! I'd love to see the geta novelty as the enter so the proportions of the actual plate come through. Something about the current novelty makes it look flat.

Great idea. On it! Thanks a bunch :D

Offline vndytran

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:53:43 »
Really cute! Where's the numpad though? I also noticed the sublegends on a couple of mods are of the wrong color, might want to fix that

Ahhh, working on it :D. Still debating on the numpad kit. Without it lowers the prices, #team65

Offline summerqm

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:02:02 »
Just noticed in the IC form there's no option to "No desk-mats" which means people who try to fill out the form have to pick at least one out of the two available designs... It would be nice to add the "No desk-mats" option to reflect the real count better.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:03:20 »
Just noticed in the IC form there's no option to "No desk-mats" which means people who try to fill out the form have to pick at least one out of the two available designs... It would be nice to add the "No desk-mats" option to reflect the real count better.

true true, updated!

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:16:01 »
Cute set! I'm personally a lot more interested in the darker and more saturated Pantone colours shown above the base kit. I'd love for the actual set to be a bit darker to reflect this, especially the mods. The novelties are a good start! I really love the plain strawberry and the little daifuku with arms and legs, but a lot of the others feel a bit strange and off kilter. Please consider a numpad and f13 in base. Looking forward to seeing where this kit goes!
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:17:52 by totalemon »

Offline meenacraft

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:16:25 »
I absolutely love this colorway! Legit made a geekhack account to comment on it, that's how much I like it haha. I filled out the IC, but I wanted to ask here as well, is there a chance for a latin-only base add-on? Also some more deskmat options, maybe one with sakura patterns like one of your novelties? Also, the pantone picked for red bean shows as quite light on your renders, I'm fine with it either way tbh but I would like to be see the colors rendered on different boards and lighting scenarios.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:26:04 »
Cute set! I'm personally a lot more interested in the darker and more saturated Pantone colours shown above the base kit. I'd love for the actual set to be a bit darker to reflect this, especially the mods. The novelties are a good start! I really love the plain strawberry and the little daifuku with arms and legs, but a lot of the others feel a bit strange and off kilter. Please consider a numpad and f13 in base. Looking forward to seeing where this kit goes!

Maybe you weren't talking about my comment, but I realized my comment was worded a bit poorly.

The novelties I am not so keen on are:

-The enter fork key (just seems a bit plain/not so much in the theme)
-The heart with a face on it (R2 with the single heart, and R4 with the 3 hearts), because I find it a bit creepy/not in line with the rest of the cute novelties. And I would prefer just a simple heart / 3 hearts.
-The hugging (I think) novelty on R4, because considering we see the back only, it's a bit hard to tell what you are looking at imo. I think a hugging daifuku with open arms from the front would be more "readable"

But I love the others ones, especially the daifuku with the little arms and legs as you pointed.

ps: I would love to see a Deskmat with the 2 little daifuku's holding hands/heart that are in the first picture of the IC.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:35:08 by CookieFlow »

Offline meenacraft

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 17:05:40 »
ps: I would love to see a Deskmat with the 2 little daifuku's holding hands/heart that are in the first picture of the IC.

Wanted to add my support for this deskmat idea!

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 17:44:44 »
I like the icon only mods. Keeps the set clean.

For the alphas, I note the sublegends are a different colour from the legend. Does this mean that the sublegends are pad printed? Cos GMK can only do double shot, not triple shot as far as I’m aware.

Offline TeacherGeek

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 18:21:24 »
Would like extra b to be in base and 3u space in spacebar kit.

Offline nettik

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 20:16:05 »
This set looks so soft! I really like it, I hope you'll add 40s support. The novelties are cute, although I'm not feeling the fork one.

Offline imprevade

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 22:08:03 »
Really nice looking set! I'd definitely take another look at some of the novelties, especially the "fork."

Offline Coneree

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 22:37:04 »
colors look good! wish Latin was offered in base as Hiragana is oversaturated right now
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline pixelkris

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 00:38:11 »
Really liking this! Hopefully we'll see this in GB soon :)

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 03:40:37 »
Cute. But I'm pretty sure only JTK can do tripleshot legends. GMK does doubleshot. Unless the hiragana sublegends will be pad-printed?

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 07:26:54 »
there's like 5 pink sets in IC right now... can't keep track of them all. maybe i am biased because pink isn't my color, but they are all starting to look the same to me.

Offline derEineTyp

• -just a random-
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 11:08:58 »
great idea and nice design

Offline dak148

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 14:36:04 »

Can thank Darling blowing up in the after market for that! I like this set though. It's softer shades.

Offline Donosir

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 14:40:23 »
Colors are pretty nice. Feel like its pretty faithful to its inspirations

Offline vndytran

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 14:47:08 »
I absolutely love this colorway! Legit made a geekhack account to comment on it, that's how much I like it haha. I filled out the IC, but I wanted to ask here as well, is there a chance for a latin-only base add-on? Also some more deskmat options, maybe one with sakura patterns like one of your novelties? Also, the pantone picked for red bean shows as quite light on your renders, I'm fine with it either way tbh but I would like to be see the colors rendered on different boards and lighting scenarios.

Hi! You're too sweet. The colors will be changed a tad bit, according to the pantone, thanks!

Offline vndytran

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 14:48:03 »

Maybe you weren't talking about my comment, but I realized my comment was worded a bit poorly.

The novelties I am not so keen on are:

-The enter fork key (just seems a bit plain/not so much in the theme)
-The heart with a face on it (R2 with the single heart, and R4 with the 3 hearts), because I find it a bit creepy/not in line with the rest of the cute novelties. And I would prefer just a simple heart / 3 hearts.
-The hugging (I think) novelty on R4, because considering we see the back only, it's a bit hard to tell what you are looking at imo. I think a hugging daifuku with open arms from the front would be more "readable"

But I love the others ones, especially the daifuku with the little arms and legs as you pointed.

Hi! You're absolutely right, the novelties need a revamp. We got changes to be made and it'll go live shortly :)

Offline vndytran

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 14:50:26 »
I like the icon only mods. Keeps the set clean.

For the alphas, I note the sublegends are a different colour from the legend. Does this mean that the sublegends are pad printed? Cos GMK can only do double shot, not triple shot as far as I’m aware.

Hi! Sorry about that, It was completely my fault ):, changes are made very soon

Offline vndytran

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 04:09:36 »

Can thank Darling blowing up in the after market for that! I like this set though. It's softer shades.

Haha, mechmarket crazy anyways xd

Offline kohalified

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 04:21:20 »
cute

Offline damsenviet

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 04:25:48 »
Assuming you run the set, you can't do it with GMK. They don't have the tooling to produce 3 different colors on the same keycap (tripleshot). Only JTK does that at the moment.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 14:44:54 »
Assuming you run the set, you can't do it with GMK. They don't have the tooling to produce 3 different colors on the same keycap (tripleshot). Only JTK does that at the moment.

Used the wrong colors, thanks for the reminder :D

Offline Izeri

Re: [IC] GMK Daifuku - MAJOR REWORK
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 14:56:00 »
Keep in mind MOQs. With 2 base kits you'd need both of them to reach 250. And that's the same with all of the child kits, you'd need each of those to reach 100.