Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivia++  (Read 146501 times)

Offline Dakk1d

Re: [IC] GMK Olivia++
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 04:47:05 »
So much drama surrounding this set. Shush and be grateful you're even getting a chance to order it again.  :eek:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline olsen34

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 04:55:55 »
So much drama surrounding this set. Shush and be grateful you're even getting a chance to order it again.  :eek:

If you don't know what's going on then kindly shut up. ;D

Offline ActuallySeph

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:02:50 »
@Olivia Amazing set overall! I've been really looking forward to this set. Just a question, can you still provide another key for a 1.75 Backspace? It seems missing since it is a 1.75 Delete button in the Core Kits. It's kinda weird looking in some boards that have the 1.75 backspace and regular delete button on top to have it both labelled as delete buttons. Thanks and have a great day!

Offline wukong_bot

« Reply #403 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:16:19 »
@Olivia Amazing set overall! I've been really looking forward to this set. Just a question, can you still provide another key for a 1.75 Backspace? It seems missing since it is a 1.75 Delete button in the Core Kits. It's kinda weird looking in some boards that have the 1.75 backspace and regular delete button on top to have it both labelled as delete buttons. Thanks and have a great day!
Agreed was a bit confused by 1.75u delete instead of backspace

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:19:17 »

I think you both mean 1.5u...
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:21:08 by slxdegrees »

Offline wukong_bot

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:22:46 »

Lmao sorry for being dumb. My eyes and brain don't work well at 6am

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:27:10 by wukong_bot »

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:42:08 »
please consider changing the r2 1.50 delete to backspace, i don't see why you would put delete there
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline ActuallySeph

« Reply #407 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:50:55 »

Yeah. Sorry about that. Thanks for correcting

Offline ctrlshiftba

• ctrlshiftba
« Reply #408 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:01:47 »
Alpha CP and charcoal Alice mini space bars please? 2.75 and 2.25 Added to the space bars kit? You have them in the Alice renders.

Offline olivia

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:23:18 »
@Olivia

Great kits! Love that there are two separate base kits so you won't be forced to buy an additional alpha kit!

One of the main things I hear a lot about the OG Olivia set is that there only are accents spacebars. With that in mind, have you considered adding alpha colored split spacebar support to perhaps the add-on kit or the spacebar kit? I honestly don't have an exact idea how to split this up, since it would either make the add-on kit very big (and most likely expensive) or would mean that for 40's support you'd have to buy both spacebar kit AND 40's kit. My first gut feeling would be to keep the add-on as-is but alpha colored split spacebar support to the spacebar kit making that slightly larger.

I did strongly consider the inclusion of alpha color split spacebars, but as you mentioned it grows the kits larger or requires purchasing more kits. Unfortunately the decision Zambumon and I ended up on was excluding them from the kits.

please consider changing the r2 1.50 delete to backspace, i don't see why you would put delete there

This feedback was also given in the original topic so it is also quite nolstalgic: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94386.msg2582941#msg2582941

In short, I don't like any of the other options except for 1.5u Delete. As you can see in the OG HHKB, Delete was Fujitsu's solution as well. I appreciate you all bringing it up, I'm quite firm in my opinion on this.

Offline hb_swift

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:42:36 »
Is the GB limited quantity?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #411 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:52:05 »
Is the GB limited quantity?

Nope! Unlimited.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:03:11 »
Keep it civilised.

Keep the conversation about the keyset and stop with the personal attacks.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:04:33 »
What is the point of keeping this thread open? It’s not actually an IC no feedback is being taken just close the dang thing and move on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bukowski

« Reply #414 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:05:40 »
Before this topic gets closed:

Olivia are we allowed to organize a NorDeUK/Ortho/Colevrak compatibility groupbuy ourselfs?

Offline Sigil

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:13:59 »

In short, I don't like any of the other options except for 1.5u Delete. As you can see in the OG HHKB, Delete was Fujitsu's solution as well. I appreciate you all bringing it up, I'm quite firm in my opinion on this.

To be fair, the Delete key on the HHKB was a layout decision rather than an aesthetic one. If you don't flip dip switch 3 on an HHKBP2, that key actually is delete, with Backspace on the Fn layer. It doesn't really bother me though, I know what the key does and "Delete" is a nicer looking word.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 14:02:52 »
Yeah this is getting a time out.

Okay let's try this again
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2019, 16:06:58 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 16:43:34 »
Can discussion remain open for 2 more weeks?!

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #418 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 16:49:22 »
Can discussion remain open for 2 more weeks?!

what discussion, runner already said she had no intention on taking any input from this IC. Its just an advertisement

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 16:57:54 »
I never thought about it until now but lol

This is not my board of course.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #420 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 17:09:49 »

So you going to delete the thread or move it to vendor posts?  Because there is no discussion and this isn’t an IC.

I still want Either Olivia or Zamb to respond why they removed Van Support when it was in R1 and she owns a minivan herself.
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 17:15:23 »
So how does one acquire the split white spacebars? It’s in one of the renders but it doesn’t look like it’s in any of the kits.

Apologies if this was already discussed before.

Love this set btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 17:38:52 »

So you going to delete the thread or move it to vendor posts?  Because there is no discussion and this isn’t an IC.

I still want Either Olivia or Zamb to respond why they removed Van Support when it was in R1 and she owns a minivan herself.
The thread was locked when "yeah this is getting a timeout" was posted, and the "okay lets try this again" was added when the thread was unlocked.

I don't think the kits are subject to change at this point (especially since this omission of Minivan support is clearly intentional, and similar to the actions of the CIA, you probably won't get an answer), so you should look at all the other wonderful buys on the horizon and ask them instead :-*

Offline hamilton

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 17:57:45 »
So how does one acquire the split white spacebars? It’s in one of the renders but it doesn’t look like it’s in any of the kits.

I'm pretty sure they were dropped, but they are a standard GMK color so you could find them elsewhere

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 17:59:59 »

I'm pretty sure they were dropped, but they are a standard GMK color so you could find them elsewhere
Okay sweet thanks. Any idea where people get something like that from gmk? I’m very new to this hobby lol

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 18:26:39 »

What sets have CP spacebars?

Offline hamilton

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 18:38:57 »

I'm pretty sure hagoromo in oblivion uses CP

Offline stevenT

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 19:23:39 »

you should check GMK Fuyu

Am I the only one think that ISO kit should just stay with core kit instead of getting split and price increase, I am ANSI user, though

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 19:56:07 »

you should check GMK Fuyu

Am I the only one think that ISO kit should just stay with core kit instead of getting split and price increase, I am ANSI user, though

Fuyu utilizes WS1. Hagoromo and Honeywell have CP space bars. I think Stormtrooper uses CP as well.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #429 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 20:28:46 »

IC stands for "interest check". Clearly, by the number of times people have come on this thread to rant about there not being support for layout xyz, and how this is simply an ad, there is significant interest in the set. Hence, interest has been checked. I don't know what exactly people who clog up this thread with aimless comments are trying to achieve.

Demanding that Olivia or Zambumon answer your questions directly is just petty. The reason why has been reiterated several times. If that's a dealbreaker for you, vote with your $. Half the people complaining will wind up getting the set anyways  :)) :))

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #430 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 21:54:09 »

It's an IC, not a democratic vote. GB runners are not obligated in any way to satisfy your needs, no matter how many ask for the same thing.
And, let's be realistic here, between the seller's past behaviors and the closure of his shop gauranteeing
the ceasing of Minivan's production, do we still need to ask why there's no support for that board?

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 22:06:23 »

It's an IC, not a democratic vote. GB runners are not obligated in any way to satisfy your needs, no matter how many ask for the same thing.
And, let's be realistic here, between the seller's past behaviors and the closure of his shop gauranteeing
the ceasing of Minivan's production, do we still need to ask why there's no support for that board?
Couldn't have said it better myself. Runners, whilst encouraged to, are certainly NOT any obligation to respond to any queries/demands that may come his/her way, and likewise, simply posting a question in no way entitles one to an answer, no matter how desperate you may be for one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2019, 22:08:32 by slxdegrees »

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #432 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 22:36:35 »
Super great news!
Thanks, Olivia!

;)

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #433 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 22:38:28 »
Waiting for deskmat and artisan  :cool:

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 22:51:16 »
Waiting for deskmat and artisan  :cool:
Same

Offline nappis

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 23:37:22 »
If the runner wants total control then why not order few thousand sets on her own and advertise and hype the sale with nonsense puzzles for as long as she likes?

The runner needs us for this group buy to happen. It's bad form to ignore input.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 23:45:42 »
Is there an ortho user out there who doesn’t need the 2.25u and 2.75u spacebars who wants to split?

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #437 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 23:49:44 »
I think the feedback re: white spacebars is valid but GMK Nines did this as well. They showed spacebars but weren't available in the GB.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #438 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 23:50:51 »

There is no ceasing or minivan production just a closing of the shop and a change in the way things will happen, and even if there were it doesn’t change the fact that there are a ton of minivan users out there. Past behavior what a joke, the current pettiness of designers who are still boycotting a couple keys is what needs to be answered.

I ask my question again what justification is there for removing support for the van when it was in R1?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 00:13:23 »
I ask my question again what justification is there for removing support for the van when it was in R1?

Designers do not owe anyone justification for their decisions. They will offer it at their discretion, to be polite to people who politely ask.

If their decisions are not to your liking, then the respectful thing to do is to vote with your wallet, not to not continue whining in the IC thread and criticizing the designer's decisions.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 00:14:48 »

Designers do not owe anyone justification for their decisions. They will offer it at their discretion, to be polite to people who politely ask.

If their decisions are not to your liking, then the respectful thing to do is to vote with your wallet, not to not continue whining in the IC thread and criticizing the designer's decisions.

this is actively the best way i've ever seen this worded
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 00:15:48 »

Orrrrr maybe designers could actually take feedback in an IC instead of ignoring literally any suggestion.

Ultimately it’s obvious that van support got removed because Zamb got involved and still has twisted knickers. I just wish it would get admitted.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 00:18:39 »

Orrrrr maybe designers could actually take feedback in an IC instead of ignoring literally any suggestion.

Ultimately it’s obvious that van support got removed because Zamb got involved and still has twisted knickers. I just wish it would get admitted.

And what would admitting that do for you? It wouldn't change the fact that support is still not gonna be added for the van or any of the other boards that chooses to use the same layout. And I guess you could also consider your suggestions received, considered and discarded.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2019, 00:22:55 by slxdegrees »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 00:25:48 »

Can you please explain how you can tell the difference between a designer ignoring feedback, and a designer considering feedback yet not changing their mind?

Also, as far as I am aware, this is GMK Olivia++, designed by Olivia, just like the original GMK Olivia.

Are you suggesting Olivia can't design a keycap set without help from Zambumon?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 01:41:32 »

There is no ceasing or minivan production just a closing of the shop and a change in the way things will happen, and even if there were it doesn’t change the fact that there are a ton of minivan users out there. Past behavior what a joke, the current pettiness of designers who are still boycotting a couple keys is what needs to be answered.

We're not going to move it to vendor posts.  Historically, we had intended for the main vendor subforum to be for vendor group buys, but we've found over time that people were missing or just plain not noticing vendor GBs as a result.  So, to simplify things, we renamed the GB forum to "Group Buys and Preorders" in order to simplify things for users.  Not everyone may read Spy or even check gh on a daily or weekly basis, so to come back after a stint of inactivity, it just easier if they're all in one place.  Similarly, it's just more convenient for teasers to also occupy the IC forum.  I do believe that we can make a distinction between ICs which are actively taking input and "basically in the pipeline" buys that will likely not be making many, if any, major changes to the design.

That doesn't change the fact that much of the discourse from minivan users in this thread have been overly aggressive and condescending.  Yes, there are a good number of minivans out there.  But just like not every TKL user is going to buy Olivia++, not every minivan user would necessarily buy it.  You especially, keep asserting that everyone else is being petty, while being extremely petty yourself.  Not everyone that disagrees with you is a shill.  And continuously acting like an ******* is certainly not going to get OP (or anyone) to change their minds about support for minivan.

You both have made your case;  There's really no reason for you to continue posting in this thread.  If you want to talk about the HuB stuff or the resulting fallout, feel free to start a thread in the keyboards or keycaps subforums, because a good chunk of people here may not know about it as it all happened over a year ago.  That said, it was over a year ago and OP's position on the matter has likely settled so antagonizing is only going to reinforce their position on the matter.

Please keep the discussion civil and preferably not passive-aggressive.  Any more pointed arguments will be removed without question and the user muted.  Puddsy, if you ****post in here again, you're out for three days.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 02:11:26 »

Show Image

This makes a lot of sense.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 02:20:31 »
Now that all the criticism has been deleted by the mod the thread is open again for advertising purposes. So that's how this works.

Offline leexy

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 02:24:32 »
i think we are missing a rama cap?

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 02:39:31 »
I still don’t understand why small kits aren’t just all thrown in for every MOQ based sale. If the child kit doesn’t make MOQ, then that kit doesn’t get made.
Especially in the today’s market and with a set like this, where meeting MOQ for the main kits is pretty much guaranteed to happen.
Sets like Colevrak and minivan, imho should just be thrown into their own kits apart from the major child kits. If there a so many mini van users who even change keycaps, then the set would make MOQ on its own. All the other 40s users would make the regular 40s kit happen.

I take it back—I DO understand why it’s not done. It’s a waste of time and energy for the designer to put that much effort into something they don’t care about, and the community involved with it have been openly hostile.

My suggestion: in the future, politely ask to run a separate GB for niche child kits. That person then would have to put the effort of designing the kit, doing/commissioning renders, and promoting the GB.

GMK beige Hangul and Greek alpha buys are good examples of successful recent small kits that easily hit MOQ.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 02:53:48 »
Has to do with refunds from proxies / vendors. They lose money on it due to PayPal % fees.