Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed  (Read 273247 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 13:06:39 »
if you think you can do a better job, i'll wait for y'all to post your own gbs

if you're shocked about delays in a coronavirus world i want whatever you're smoking
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Shikada

« Reply #401 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 16:45:58 »
I don't know why you are focused on this thread when they have a status page on their website and a newsletter. They also post on Reddit.

This isn't about NovelKeys, I was calling out the group buy runner here, not one of the vendors. I bought this set from mykeyboard, they have no updates, ever, which is a separate issue.

if you're shocked about delays in a coronavirus world i want whatever you're smoking

Way to miss the point and contribute nothing to the conversation. I even said that delays are completely reasonable. This is not why I'm complaining.

Just to be clear, my complaint is against the group buy runner/designer. Olivia started this GB thread, but I hear that Zambumon is actually running the show. Whoever it is they're doing a poor job of keeping us in the loop. This is the second delay that happened with no response from either of them. I don't think a simple "Hey guys, delays as expected, see you end of August" is unreasonable to expect. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done in GB threads? Then I can say, yeah, sure, stupid coronavirus, time to wait some more and move on with my day.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #402 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 17:00:54 »
time to wait some more and move on with my day.

Good idea.  :thumb:

Offline lonalde

• Leicaaaaa
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 16:16:10 »
It seems like there are a good amount of extras, but do you guys think it'll be hard to get one light set and a hihihi once the extras come out?

Offline whykayallday

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 02:05:33 »
Probably not. I'm guess this based on the sheer amount of light sets sold.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 02:07:29 by whykayallday »

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 18:23:13 »
I'm personally completely ok with the delays, given how GBs run into issues even in pre-Covid-19 times. Delays are to be expected.

I'm more concerned with the QC of GMK, hope Olivia++ won't suffer the same fate as 9009 or WoB or First Love or Cafe(just saw it). Hell I hope it won't suffer Alter's fate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 18:27:02 by bobgr8 »

Offline xkhol

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 21:11:04 »
I'm personally completely ok with the delays, given how GBs run into issues even in pre-Covid-19 times. Delays are to be expected.

I'm more concerned with the QC of GMK, hope Olivia++ won't suffer the same fate as 9009 or WoB or First Love or Cafe(just saw it). Hell I hope it won't suffer Alter's fate.
What’s been happening with GMK? I’m out of the loop here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
« Reply #407 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 14:41:01 »

Mostly color matching issues, and some have banana space bar. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 15:03:04 »
I don't know why you are focused on this thread when they have a status page on their website and a newsletter. They also post on Reddit.

This isn't about NovelKeys, I was calling out the group buy runner here, not one of the vendors. I bought this set from mykeyboard, they have no updates, ever, which is a separate issue.

Way to miss the point and contribute nothing to the conversation. I even said that delays are completely reasonable. This is not why I'm complaining.

Just to be clear, my complaint is against the group buy runner/designer. Olivia started this GB thread, but I hear that Zambumon is actually running the show. Whoever it is they're doing a poor job of keeping us in the loop. This is the second delay that happened with no response from either of them. I don't think a simple "Hey guys, delays as expected, see you end of August" is unreasonable to expect. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done in GB threads? Then I can say, yeah, sure, stupid coronavirus, time to wait some more and move on with my day.

afaik the vendors are the ones who put in the orders with gmk, and beyond that stage of the gb the designers aren't really involved anymore. i personally think it makes a little more sense for the vendors to be the ones to keep everyone up to date as they're the ones who actually have the orders in with gmk and will all be in unique situations after the point that the keysets begin to ship. i think that the rule for op's posting updates every two weeks (or whatever that timeframe is) was primarily designed with keyboard gb's in mind, where the runner is the only one with a channel of communication to a factory that they've put an order in with. that said, in the early stages during production it does suck to have to sift through each vendors' updates to see what the status is, and it would be nice if there was a better way to have some unified updates, but given the way gb's work i understand why there often aren't.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 02:29:15 »

Mostly color matching issues, and some have banana space bar. Correct me if I am wrong.

the banana space bars have been around a while. my 2 mizu sets have bent space bars. not as horrendous as some of the 9009 space bars i've seen, but also not any better than the $25 aliexpress PBT kits i have. i know the GMK faithful will come at me with pitchforks for saying this, but it's true. having said that, i'll probably still buy an olivia extra
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 05:13:25 »
God I'm nervous about the QC issues too. I'm currently waiting on this, Dracula, Ashes, and Black Lotus, but it seems like every day I'm seeing more bad news about GMK sets having QC issues.....

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 18:18:30 »
God I'm nervous about the QC issues too. I'm currently waiting on this, Dracula, Ashes, and Black Lotus, but it seems like every day I'm seeing more bad news about GMK sets having QC issues.....

I sold my GMK Olive due to mediocre color matching and crooked stems on several keys. They really need to step up their game.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #412 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 13:09:51 »
GMK has completed production on these! We expect to receive our sets in about 2-3 weeks.

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 13:41:11 »
GMK has completed production on these! We expect to receive our sets in about 2-3 weeks.

Woot!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #414 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 15:11:54 »
Woot woot! :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #415 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 18:13:26 »
pls no warped spacebare. pls no warped spacebar. pls no warped spacebar.
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline YouGotRioted

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 03:44:17 »
Oh no, I bought the spacebar kit too...

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 04:45:49 »
Oh no, I bought the spacebar kit too...

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2020, 02:07:26 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 21:35:19 »

I just got my GMK Phospherus set, and there were no issues at all that I could tell. The space bars were certainly straight. These sets were manufactured at about the same time.

Offline ackzot

« Reply #419 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 21:52:04 »

I just got my GMK Phospherus set, and there were no issues at all that I could tell. The space bars were certainly straight. These sets were manufactured at about the same time.

that's encouraging. so far warped space bars in 9009 and Cafe for me.  praying for no warped space bars in olivia.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #420 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 23:02:30 »

Yay

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 23:03:09 »

that's encouraging. so far warped space bars in 9009 and Cafe for me.  praying for no warped space bars in olivia.

I can tolerate some warp on spacebars but please no crooked stems on alphas like GMK Olive

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 00:15:32 »
Will GMK provide new spacebar for those who got theirs warped?Or just no compensation for that?

Offline vi0till

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 00:18:48 »

I can tolerate some warp on spacebars but please no crooked stems on alphas like GMK Olive
Hmm

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 05:17:36 »
Are there going to be extras available for the Light Set?

Offline norb

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 05:27:39 »
there will literally be a thousand extras bruh.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #426 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 05:37:19 »
there will literally be a thousand extras bruh.

Oh nice. I'm not aware, i just saw people talking about it in Discord. Excited to get it together with GMk Phosphorus  ;D

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 12:40:19 »
Will GMK provide new spacebar for those who got theirs warped?Or just no compensation for that?

Track 9009, and Cafe.

9009 warping issues were brought to light in June and there has been no resolution, and more or less silence from GMK. So any compensation seems very unlikely to me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 August 2020, 12:49:19 by bobgr8 »

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 13:17:11 »

Track 9009, and Cafe.

9009 warping issues were brought to light in June and there has been no resolution, and more or less silence from GMK. So any compensation seems very unlikely to me.
Lmao hey bud, both of those sets are in the process of getting a resolution from GMK

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 05:05:45 »
been over a month since 9009 warped spacebars were reported by me, no word on resolution yet.

Legending issues have been discarded by Janglad, only warped spacebars were being discussed with GMK (as per dixie's newletter, coz he's been silent on Geekhack)

Lmao for QC, accountability and communication

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 05:50:24 »
Would you guys happen to know if Olivia & Phosphorus does have warped keys?

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 11:32:49 »
No, at least from my experience/as far as I know, GMK Keycaps usually don't warp, due to them being produced with abs plastic.
Most of the time when people talk about warped Keycaps, it only affects PBT Keycaps.
Would you guys happen to know if Olivia & Phosphorus does have warped keys?

Offline Quteno

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 12:32:25 »
No, at least from my experience/as far as I know, GMK Keycaps usually don't warp, due to them being produced with abs plastic.
Most of the time when people talk about warped Keycaps, it only affects PBT Keycaps.
Well you need an update to your knowledge then, recent sets released by GMK had warped keycaps, so it's not PBT issue only at this point.

And to the original question, nobody knows about Olivia yet but the vendors who received the keycaps.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #433 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:10:00 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:12:12 by MoarCoffeePlzzz »

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #434 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:10:40 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:12:20 by MoarCoffeePlzzz »

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #435 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:11:23 »
Cant wait to throw this on the HBCP.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 01:12:29 »
Well you need an update to your knowledge then, recent sets released by GMK had warped keycaps, so it's not PBT issue only at this point.

And to the original question, nobody knows about Olivia yet but the vendors who received the keycaps.

I see. dang. I hope they get new molds and whatnot. SMH

Offline poodude

« Reply #437 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 22:20:55 »
I have GMK Phosphorous and they are not warped. Also, ABS can warp fairly easily. This is why it's not used as much in 3D printing because you need a heated build chamber to prevent warping from occurring. I'm not sure how the effect applies in injection molding, but my guess would be if they're taken out of the mold too early before they've completely cooled down the edges can lift up. This happens because ABS shrinks as it cools (about 8%).

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #438 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 03:30:52 »
I have GMK Phosphorous and they are not warped. Also, ABS can warp fairly easily. This is why it's not used as much in 3D printing because you need a heated build chamber to prevent warping from occurring. I'm not sure how the effect applies in injection molding, but my guess would be if they're taken out of the mold too early before they've completely cooled down the edges can lift up. This happens because ABS shrinks as it cools (about 8%).

Great! Thanks you bro.

I'm getting them GMK Olivia++ & Phosphorus on Monday. Hopefully there will be no delays.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:09:47 »
A selection of 6.25u spacebars.

Left to right:
Olivia++ Dark, Olivia++ Light, Carbon R2 Boneyard, Space Cadet True Cadet, Nautilus Spacebars.

249250-0

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:11:39 »

Left to right:
Olivia++ Dark, Olivia++ Light, Carbon R2 Boneyard, Space Cadet True Cadet, Nautilus Spacebars.

(Attachment Link)
\

Oof

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:17:30 »

Left to right:

(Attachment Link)

Major riiiiiipppp. Guess the only way to get straight Olivia spacebars is to shell out the 400-500usd for original run
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:19:41 by Sycomore »

Offline vi0till

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:24:26 »

Left to right:

(Attachment Link)
Does warping is more common to 6.25u spacebar?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #443 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:25:23 »
The bigger the space bar the higher the chance it can have warp I guess.

Offline nappis

« Reply #444 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:36:00 »
Please stop all current GMK IC's. This is getting ridiculous.

Offline mathewC

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:37:26 »
Were all spacebars warped on the previous runs that had issues or just a small percentage of them? This really sucks

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #446 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:37:45 »
Has anyone mastered the art of fixing warps. When I apply heat it straightens out but even after slow cooling, it always retains its original shape.

Offline nappis

« Reply #447 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:44:13 »
I had no success fixing ABS spacebars. PBT spacebars are easier to fix.

I don't get it why it takes so long for GMK to address the issue. It's simple: create new fixed space bars to all GB participants who report issues with their keys. Have some sort of time window like 3 months to do this. Require some sort of evidence of transaction etc. DONE.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #448 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 08:05:37 »
2020 GMK RIP.

I think for the moment it is the case to stop and not buy further sets. And I say that I have only collected 19 of gmk

Offline pwade3

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:07:42 »
I had no success fixing ABS spacebars. PBT spacebars are easier to fix.

I don't get it why it takes so long for GMK to address the issue. It's simple: create new fixed space bars to all GB participants who report issues with their keys. Have some sort of time window like 3 months to do this. Require some sort of evidence of transaction etc. DONE.

And the vendors are just expected to eat the shipping costs for thousands of spacebars?