Author Topic: Korean/English Legend PBT keycaps?  (Read 3051 times)

Offline thegigglepuss

Korean/English Legend PBT keycaps?
« on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 02:00:41 »
Hello all! I'm in the market for some pbt keycaps for cherry mx switches in either White or Black with Korean and english lettering. I saw the blue ones on imsto and there are blue Leopold ones on eBay, but I cannot seem to find anything of decent quality anywhere else.

Can anyone help me out? I'd be totally fine buying a set of white ones from a Leopold FC750R as well, I just don't know where I'd find any.

Offline thegigglepuss

Re: Korean/English Legend PBT keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 02:07:28 »
Also if there are any options that are backlight compatible, that would be Fantastic!

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 02:12:36 »
I know iomania has engraved english/korean pbt keycaps but they arent compatible for leds. Since its a niche type of keycap, I believe buying a korean mechanical keyboard with leds is a possible route. There might be other options I dont know of so I hope someone else can pitch in.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 08:04:58 »
You're not going to find any with clear DS legends.

IMSTO makes a Hangul set, and Ivan's upcoming PBT full sets GB will probably have a Hangul or something similar.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 11:10:37 »
Yes I will be offering US/KO in PBT dyesub groupbuy. I hope to have that live tomorrow.

Offline thegigglepuss

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 12:50:33 »
Yes I will be offering US/KO in PBT dyesub groupbuy. I hope to have that live tomorrow.

Awesome! Could I have a Link when you post it?

I checked IOmania and they're out of stock of the Ducky engraved Hangul sets  :(

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 02:20:47 »
post cmyk or i kill u

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 12:06:11 »

Offline thegigglepuss

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 15:10:51 »
Groupbuy is up. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66550.0

Thanks for that! Unfortunately I can't justify spending $80+ on a keyset at the current moment when I can get a similar set for half that.
Once I get a better job though, you best believe I'm gonna be all over it ;)

Offline Volvicsoda

• Want some soda?
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 21:08:10 »
Hey, take a look at vortexgear.co.kr
They are currently selling limited quantities of led compatible white-colored pbt sets. (English + Korean 29 Alphas)
but it's going to cost you 55 bucks, just the set alone, and plus additional int. shipping, if you manage to find a proxy.
FC660C, Realforce 104UK-HiPro, Novatouch TKL, NMB RT101+, NMB 8755C+, BTC-5339 Cyrilic, IBM 1390131, IBM SSK,G86-52400, G80-8113,  MX-MINI, G81-3077, Skidata, Filco Camo, 3000SAG, 1724SPF, GMK C. Orange, GMK Dolch, GMK WoB, GMK TA, Filco SA...

Offline thegigglepuss

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 01:14:26 »
They are currently selling limited quantities of led compatible white-colored pbt sets. (English + Korean 29 Alphas)
but it's going to cost you 55 bucks, just the set alone, and plus additional int. shipping, if you manage to find a proxy.

Is this the set you're referring to? I'm sure I'm probably missing a good chunk of the translation because I'm nowhere near fluent. Does this set have both english and hangul? I know the description lists both, but I just wanted to be sure because there is only English shown in the picture.

Offline bowji

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 01:29:52 »

Is this the set you're referring to? I'm sure I'm probably missing a good chunk of the translation because I'm nowhere near fluent. Does this set have both english and hangul? I know the description lists both, but I just wanted to be sure because there is only English shown in the picture.

Seems like Volvicsoda found exactly what youre looking for. The 55,000 won ones says "Korean/English Combo" so Im pretty sure it has both even the though the picture is not showing(theyre using the same picture as the english only ones).

Offline thegigglepuss

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 02:10:03 »

Seems like Volvicsoda found exactly what youre looking for. The 55,000 won ones says "Korean/English Combo" so Im pretty sure it has both even the though the picture is not showing(theyre using the same picture as the english only ones).

They don't ship to the US do they? I know he mentioned I might have to find  a proxy, but I wasn't sure. I'm at the checkout screen now and I don't see an option for it

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 19:47:44 »
Ivan's got some in his latest GB. I suggest that over the Korean option if you're in the US.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thegigglepuss

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 04:05:14 »
Ivan's got some in his latest GB. I suggest that over the Korean option if you're in the US.
Yes, I saw that and they look really cool. I would just rather spend $50-70 on exactly what I'm looking for (backlit compatible) than 80-90 for something that hits 2/3 of the things I want.

Offline bowji

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 08:51:06 »

They don't ship to the US do they? I know he mentioned I might have to find  a proxy, but I wasn't sure. I'm at the checkout screen now and I don't see an option for it
I tried checking out just to see if it ships to the states. Unfortunately, they use a Korean zipcode finder which restricts looking up any zipcodes outside of South Korea. So no, they dont ship to the US.