Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 943074 times)

Offline vegs

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (All Invoices Out)
« Reply #800 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 05:46:15 »
Can we get a check in Weaston?
+1, I'm curious to hear how covid has affected the timeline.
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline rikercd

« Reply #801 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 06:56:37 »
I know this round hasn't even shipped yet but was wondering if there was the possibility of a R2? I was too slow for the FCFS form and would rather wait another year or two to buy at GB price if possible than buy anything second hand in the current aftermarket.

The GB post for this says that this is the "first in the GSKT series," so it's reasonable to think that there is a possibility of either other boards in the GSKT line or iterations on this board.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #802 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 10:05:28 »
If there are no news he won't say a thing. I assume we're still on track for an August date regarding manufacturing being done.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #803 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 15:16:10 »
Are parts (pcbs, screws, gaskets) being acquired in parallel or sequentially?
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #804 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 20:44:37 »
wonder if we are indeed still on track for August

Offline dantambok

« Reply #805 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 07:36:27 »
wonder if we are indeed still on track for August

doubt it
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline weaston

« Reply #806 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 11:03:52 »
Hey all, time for an update!

Manufacturing was scheduled to be done right around this week, but the manufacturer just got back to me last night and need about 2-3 weeks more time.  They said they were having some difficulty making sure the gray anodizing was matching and consistent so they are re-machining about 40 gray units. (this does not mean they will be sending me 40 extra inconsistent units as extras afaik)

As for acquiring other parts, we're still about a month away from receiving pcbs but I have been acquiring boxes and other packing materials.  I will be ordering screws/bumpons/gaskets this coming week more than likely as the turnarounds are much quicker.

One thing to be said is there may be some strangeness with shipping.  I was planning on shipping USPS but because of everything happening with them right now I will probably have to use another provider for these boards.  I will try to find an option that is at the same cost I initially quoted out, and will keep everyone updated on that front.

TLDR: Another 2-3 weeks machining because gray anodizing has been difficult to match, otherwise mostly on track.

Thank you for your patience  :thumb:
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #807 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 11:10:05 »

Manufacturing was scheduled to be done right around this week, but the manufacturer just got back to me last night and need about 2-3 weeks more time.  They said they were having some difficulty making sure the gray anodizing was matching and consistent so they are re-machining about 40 gray units. (this does not mean they will be sending me 40 extra inconsistent units as extras afaik)

As for acquiring other parts, we're still about a month away from receiving pcbs but I have been acquiring boxes and other packing materials.  I will be ordering screws/bumpons/gaskets this coming week more than likely as the turnarounds are much quicker.

One thing to be said is there may be some strangeness with shipping.  I was planning on shipping USPS but because of everything happening with them right now I will probably have to use another provider for these boards.  I will try to find an option that is at the same cost I initially quoted out, and will keep everyone updated on that front.

TLDR: Another 2-3 weeks machining because gray anodizing has been difficult to match, otherwise mostly on track.

Thanks for the update! I think I speak for most of us when I say we know delays happen and we are excited for our boards. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #808 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 11:27:21 »

Thanks for the update. I know this is completely my own fault for not opting for them at the time of the GB, but is there any way at all to get extra plates? I'd like to buy an extra half alu and possibly full alu.

If not through extras, would it be possible to get the plate files so I can get some cut myself?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #809 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 12:05:35 »

Thanks for the update. As for the shipping, I would like to pay extra for DHL Express or UPS Express if those options are available. Any package sent with a normal shipping option currently spends up to 1.5 months in German customs and I'd like to avoid that for a board like this.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #810 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 12:09:37 »

Also down to pay for DHL Express. They've been very consistent in these times.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #811 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 12:36:59 »

Awesome and thanks for the update. If my address has changed (updated on PayPal however), do you need the new information sent to you in some means or will you be okay since PayPal info was updated?

Thanks!
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline SleepIsAllINeed

« Reply #812 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 13:23:21 »
Thanks for the update.  :D

Offline Tyler

• hhkb >
« Reply #813 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 14:25:05 »
Thank you for the update weaston  :thumb:

Offline lemongrassii

• ig
« Reply #814 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 14:59:49 »

Thanks for the update. As for the shipping, I would like to pay extra for DHL Express or UPS Express if those options are available. Any package sent with a normal shipping option currently spends up to 1.5 months in German customs and I'd like to avoid that for a board like this.

This. I've had lousy experiences with USPS for international shipments even prior to this and would absolutely be willing to pay extra for DHL Express as they've been the most reliable for me both in terms of shipment and in customs collection. That being said, thanks for the promising update!

KMAC HAPPY × DOLINGER 2017 × ORION V3 + LIGHTPAD V2 × 280 × IDB60 × LEAF60 × 8XV1.2OG × 8XV2.0ADD × GSKT-00 × TENGU × BIAS × RF87U × HHKBP2+HHKBPC+HHKBPH TYPE-S

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #815 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 20:23:49 »
Thanks for the update, October can't come sooner!

Offline zekth

« Reply #816 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 06:26:25 »
Having good experience in Western Europe with DHL i wouldn't mind going for it. USPS is really random in term of big parcels those times. Lately i got 3month transit in custom.

Offline L8T

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 19:53:11 »
Thanks for the update Weaston! BTW I contacted you on geekhack and email regarding change of address but i havent heard from you in a while. Could you please check it and get back to me please? Thanks again!

Offline ymaaan

« Reply #818 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 10:07:14 »

down to pay for DHL shipping as well! Thanks for the update  :)

Offline soer9459

« Reply #819 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 04:00:23 »
Any chances of extras? Not quite finished prototypes? Anything. I NEED THIS BOARD!!!

Offline rikercd

« Reply #820 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 16:56:05 »
Any chances of extras? Not quite finished prototypes? Anything. I NEED THIS BOARD!!!

Buy one on the aftermarket for significantly more than it ran for in GB, probably.

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #821 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 14:58:12 »
What's the best way to contact Weaston for address change?
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline rikercd

« Reply #822 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 15:00:09 »
What's the best way to contact Weaston for address change?

Reply to the order confirmation would be my guess. I'd also assume when the "they're here" update comes, he will solicit for address changes.     

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #823 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 16:07:14 »
Is there anything that I need to know about which stabilizers to use, or are normal screw ins fine?

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #824 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 16:19:23 »
Is there anything that I need to know about which stabilizers to use, or are normal screw ins fine?

Screw-ins or clip-ins are fine, but not plate mount stabz.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #825 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 16:36:49 »

i believe you need to use clip in for backspace and spacebar, pretty sure that's the case for all o-ring mount 60s

Offline wencan008

« Reply #826 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 20:17:44 »

i believe you need to use clip in for backspace and spacebar, pretty sure that's the case for all o-ring mount 60s

I asked Nathan on stream a little while ago if he needed to use clip in stabilizers for his g00sket and he said he was good with all screw-in stabilizers

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 23:39:12 »

I asked Nathan on stream a little while ago if he needed to use clip in stabilizers for his g00sket and he said he was good with all screw-in stabilizers

I can see you running into issues with C3 stabs because the tolerances on those are too big, but with cherry ones, you can probably get away with it.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #828 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 15:31:20 »
Hey weaston, just checking in to see if the manufacturing hiccups have been resolved and where things stand atm. Thanks!

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #829 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 07:14:47 »
Curious how shipping is being handled now. Lots of interest for DHL Express it seems.

Offline Doogo

« Reply #830 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 03:44:09 »
Still hoping this gets shipped out before 2021.  :D

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #831 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 23:04:16 »
5-6 weeks later....

Offline ymaaan

« Reply #832 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 07:52:10 »
Any update on this one?

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #833 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 09:37:26 »
Bump - any updates?

Offline catamscott

« Reply #834 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 12:06:50 »
doesn't look like weaston's been on gh in 7 weeks, hopefully he's okay. i imagine as things get delivered to him he'll pop back on.

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #835 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 00:40:26 »
doesn't look like weaston's been on gh in 7 weeks, hopefully he's okay. i imagine as things get delivered to him he'll pop back on.

oooof. i would hope so lol

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #836 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 21:24:31 »
I spoke to Weaston on Discord earlier this week. He said:
I'll post something about it probably this week

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #837 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 00:20:28 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #838 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 14:32:05 »

Exciting!

Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #839 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:01:12 »

Buy one on the aftermarket for significantly more than it ran for in GB, probably.

Yeah good luck paying $1k for a keyboard that costed $250 during GB phase

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #840 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 00:15:31 »
ne update avail

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #841 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 08:51:40 »

I was hoping it wasn't going to be like that, but you're probably right. Sigh.

Offline rikercd

« Reply #842 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 14:21:00 »

I was hoping it wasn't going to be like that, but you're probably right. Sigh.

I would be pretty surprised if Weaston didn't order any extras, but given the hype surrounding this board even before the keeb hype train of 2020 hit hard, I suspect it will be pretty difficult to get one.

Offline skrunk

« Reply #843 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 23:02:41 »
I would be pretty surprised if Weaston didn't order any extras, but given the hype surrounding this board even before the keeb hype train of 2020 hit hard, I suspect it will be pretty difficult to get one.

Given the already huge amount of boards ordered for this buy, it's pretty unreasonable to assume he'd get extras

Past Keyboards : LZ CLS, Unikorn, Noxary X65, KFE CE, HHKB Pro2, Realforce TKL

Current Keyboards: FC660C, HHKB Pro1, GSKT-00

Offline Degree

« Reply #844 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 21:53:09 »
Hopefully it ships soon because I might be moving soon otherwise would need to update the shipping address

Offline rikercd

« Reply #845 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:42:37 »

Given the already huge amount of boards ordered for this buy, it's pretty unreasonable to assume he'd get extras

Generally extras are ordered in the event that some units fail QC, no? Is that not standard operating procedure?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #846 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 12:22:28 »
Yeah. There should def be extras to accommodate QC issues. Whether or not he sells them publicly is up to him though.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #847 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 14:40:07 »
To think in about 1-2 months I will have this board :)

I was so naive :/
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #848 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 16:15:43 »
To think in about 1-2 months I will have this board :)

I was so naive :/
They were optimistic times. Of all the buys I've joined this year, most are looking to be 6 to 9 months at this point.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #849 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 05:22:45 »
To be fair, that was the projected timeline after delay announcements. I'm sure there is a good reason that those 2-3 weeks turned into 2-3 months. Whatever gets it done properly I'll support it.