Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 943582 times)

Offline Quriosity

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (All Invoices Out)
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 07:34:07 »
I know personally that I'd rather things done right than in a rush - also with COVID and all, the extended timeline isn't a surprise

Offline vegs

« Reply #851 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 10:25:27 »
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #852 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 23:19:28 »
At this point the board's just gonna show up on my door step without weaston having said anything.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #853 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 23:20:19 »
At this point the board's just gonna show up on my door step without weaston having said anything.

honestly this is my favourite feeling because it means i didn't spend weeks/months being anxious over something I have no control over.
I love Elzy

Offline jpg2401

Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline weaston

« Reply #859 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 20:34:18 »
Update is in fact avail boys.

Paid for the boards last night actually, so they should be shipping soon.  Pray to your preferred gods that they don't have any problems in transit.

As for extras, I ordered a few yes, but not enough to have a large extra sale or anything, mostly just to keep a few on hand to make sure everyone is satisfied once they have them in hand.

Also any QC issues will be worked directly with the factory and replacements will be issued before anything ever ships out, and that doesn't really count as the extras.  The few extras are more of like a just in case.

Now for the not great news, which is the PCB delay.  Because of a few factors, the PCB production has been delayed quite a bit and probably won't be finished till after the new year.  But the fab has been paid so no worries there, just making sure the files are right for how they want them proved a bit difficult in addition to some other things.  So yeah probably won't be finished with PCBs till at least the new year conservatively.

So that means the boards should be shipping to you guys some time in Q1 of 2021 (hopefully but of course no promises, things can always happen and things can change), but I am hopeful for everything being done in that time.

I will be starting QC and working through any potential issues once the boards show up hopefully in the next few weeks, so I mean honestly with the amount of QC to do it would probably take until January anyway since I would be doing it all after work, so the pcb delay isn't all that crazy to digest, I think it will end up being around when the cases would be ready to go anyway.

So yeah that's where we are, probably not shipping till Q1 because of PCBs and the need to do QC but boards are paid for and coming soon and I'll take some pictures so you guys can see the mess that my spare bedroom will be for the holiday season.

Thanks for bearing with me through it and anyone who has emailed or messaged about address changes, don't worry I have seen it and will respond eventually.

:thumb:
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #860 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 20:39:50 »
Thanks Weaston. Looking forward to it!

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #861 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 20:39:52 »
I did not purchase this but thank you for the update
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #862 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 20:50:40 »
Many thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing those pics once you start getting the boards in hand!  :thumb:

Offline catamscott

« Reply #863 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 20:59:12 »
awesome, appreciate the update weaston! one small question, did the manu do the cerakoting? in my head i imagined those would be finished after all the anodized units (since they're ano'd silver iirc) but wasn't sure if they'd ship later than the anodized units, and wasn't sure if they were also finished by the same manufacturer that did the ano? looking forward to everything hopefully shipping around new year!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #864 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 21:00:46 »
Thanks for update man. Glad to see some of it is moving. Don't mind waiting for the final glory.

Offline weaston

« Reply #865 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 21:49:34 »
awesome, appreciate the update weaston! one small question, did the manu do the cerakoting? in my head i imagined those would be finished after all the anodized units (since they're ano'd silver iirc) but wasn't sure if they'd ship later than the anodized units, and wasn't sure if they were also finished by the same manufacturer that did the ano? looking forward to everything hopefully shipping around new year!

No the board manufacturer does not do the cerakoting, I work with someone local to me.  Yes you're right those units may take some more time to get done, so I suppose I should start qc on the silver units first and get that boll rolling.  The turnaround time on those should still be within what I already mentioned I would think.  But yeah definitely something else to consider as far as all the moving parts.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline jpg2401

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Waiting on boards)
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 23:55:02 »
Thanks for the update! 2021 shall be a more fitting time to enjoy it anyway ;)
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline yui_

« Reply #867 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 01:25:48 »
thanks for the update! looking forward to getting this.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #868 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:11:02 »
Thanks for the update can('t) wait.

Offline Tyler

• hhkb >
« Reply #869 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 03:28:56 »
Thank you for the update

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #870 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 12:44:05 »
Sounds like forward progress! Thank you for the update

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #871 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 08:55:36 »
You guys know if the Alps ABS plate weaston sourced were in fact 1.2mm, or were maybe thinner, say, ~1.0mm? I ask because I can't seem to find a plate cutting service who can do plastic at 1.2mm.

Edit: looks like there were no ABS plates for the official GB, as weaston could only get ABS plates @ 1.5mm. I think this is why, in Taeha Types's GSKT-00 build video, he mentioned that the switches didn't really stay in place that well: it was because @ 1.5mm thickness, Alps switches don't really lock in; the four little switch "wings" are just flexed back to accommodate that weird in-between switch position in the plate.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 November 2020, 07:24:35 by toniwonkanobi »

Offline trg1234

« Reply #872 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 18:29:23 »
ne updates avail as we are close to the year ending

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 03:09:16 »
has he received the boards yet?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #874 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 03:18:09 »
Would like an update as well! :thumb:

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #875 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 12:05:09 »
The way I understood it is that there won't be updates until 2021 with how things are moving. PCBs arriving next year as well as boards going out to us anywhere between January and March, and even that was a "hopefully".
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2020, 13:38:09 by Fnzzy »

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #876 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 15:42:51 »
The way I understood it is that there won't be updates until 2021 with how things are moving. PCBs arriving next year as well as boards going out to us anywhere between January and March, and even that was a "hopefully".

Even without solid updates, it would nice to see some pictures of the boards in his hands at least.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline vegs

« Reply #877 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 06:06:42 »

Even without solid updates, it would nice to see some pictures of the boards in his hands at least.
+1
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline weaston

« Reply #878 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 21:05:08 »
Update time fellas

00 cases and plates were all delivered over the last few days so I'll start slowly QCing them and taking care of anything that needs fixing with that.  Will be taking the units to be cerakoted to my guy sometime soon to get those started as well.  So if you were on the fence about your color please let me know asap.  I will also go through and finally respond to all the address changes and make necessary updates there as well.  Still waiting on PCBs to finish but we have some samples coming soon so hopefully that will all be sorted by the time these are all ready to ship.

For now enjoy the promised picture of my spare bedroom, now keyboard cave, and have a happy holidays.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #879 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 21:06:10 »
Update time fellas

00 cases and plates were all delivered over the last few days so I'll start slowly QCing them and taking care of anything that needs fixing with that.  Will be taking the units to be cerakoted to my guy sometime soon to get those started as well.  So if you were on the fence about your color please let me know asap.  I will also go through and finally respond to all the address changes and make necessary updates there as well.  Still waiting on PCBs to finish but we have some samples coming soon so hopefully that will all be sorted by the time these are all ready to ship.

For now enjoy the promised picture of my spare bedroom, now keyboard cave, and have a happy holidays.

Show Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #880 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 21:07:16 »
it's happening!!!! thanks Weaston! can't wait

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #881 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 21:32:53 »
Update time fellas

Show Image

House is looking great m8  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #882 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 22:55:20 »
will the board ship out at the same time or will alu boards go out first if cerakoting isn't finished for the others.

Offline mech0nly

« Reply #883 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 23:00:14 »
Update time fellas

Show Image

nice plants weaston
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline wencan008

« Reply #884 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 23:30:50 »
Let's go! Can't wait. Have a nice holiday and QC season Weaston

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #885 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 00:03:00 »
Update time fellas

Show Image

I didn't opt in for the cerakote option initially so is there a chance that I can pay extra and get the cerakote too?

Online LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #886 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 00:44:19 »
Gunpla and keyboards; what more is there to wish for

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #887 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 01:10:01 »
Hah. Was wondering if others noticed the gunpla. Thanks for the update Weaston!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #888 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 02:48:17 »
Nice Zaku :cool:

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #889 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 23:16:46 »
This is the best news I've heard this month! Nice gunpla btw.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #890 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 21:28:45 »
im pogging

Offline L8T

« Reply #891 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 11:05:57 »
Update time fellas

Show Image

That's good news! However I haven't received any response for address change, I contacted you by mail and messaged you on GH. If you have a discord id please share that so I can dm you there. Cuz I'm not sure how to contact you.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #892 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 16:07:19 »
Update time fellas

Show Image

That's good news! However I haven't received any response for address change, I contacted you by mail and messaged you on GH. If you have a discord id please share that so I can dm you there. Cuz I'm not sure how to contact you.

He hasn't replied to my message on GH either. Guessing he hasn't gone through them all yet, but I do hope he sees my message before the boards go off to cerakoting as I sent him a message regarding that about two months ago.

Please let us know when the boards will go off to cerakoting so we can make sure you see our message before it is too late? Thanks, weaston!

Offline trg1234

« Reply #893 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 16:34:11 »
hello it is me again ne update avail  :D

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #894 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 16:40:54 »

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #895 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 16:41:10 »
hello it is me again ne update avail  :D