Author Topic: [GB] GMK Lunar 🚀 — All Kits Will Be Made; Final Numbers Posted  (Read 142254 times)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, 女士們, 先生們, Ladies and Gentlemen...

Ever since June rolled over last year, I have been thinking how to commemorate the Apollo 11’s mission’s 50th anniversary. Then I remembered the Apollo Guidance Computer (it made waves over the internet last year, because people were trying to prove that Margaret Hamilton didn’t deserve any credit for it) and its interface — DSKY (pronounced “dis-kee”).

Start date

USA — March 6, 9:00 pm EST (e.g. New York)
Europe — March 7, 3:00 am CET (e.g. Paris)
Asia — March 7, 10:00 am SGT (e.g. Singapore)
Australia — March 7, 1:00 pm AEDT (e.g. Melbourne)

Vendors

Inspiration

As you can see, the DSKY has a black keypad with white legends, yellow indicator lights, and a green electroluminescent seven-segment display. Commands were entered numerically, as two-digit numbers — called Verb and Noun. The first one represented the action being issued, while the second represented the data that would be changed.

236976-1

One of my goals was to use the legends and values from DSKY’s various keys and indicators, in place of traditional modifier legends. This in turn led me to a decision to use stock GMK colours, to make everything easier and more affordable.

GMK Lunar uses a medium 2B gray for the alphas and mods with a lighter 2M gray for legends. The Numpad, which I consider an integral part of the whole design and colourway, uses the darker N9 gray with 2M legends. I also chose N6 yellow as the main accent colour, with N9 legends, where appropriate. The Novelty Kit has a set of optional “Master Alarm” accents — these will be RO2.

GMK Lunar Kits

236978-2

The Command Module (core kit) will most keyboards up to 100% layouts, including 60%, 65%, 75%, and TKLs. Please take note of the custom legends, inspired by the DSKY interface, as well as the sublegends on the alphas, commemorating the Apollo 11 mission and the three astronauts on board — Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Collins.

236980-3

The novelty kit offers custom keys for all rows in the default grey for a more subtle look, the default accent yellow (N6), for those who prefer a little splash of colour, to MASTER ALARM red accents (RO2), for those who want a more dramatic effect.

236982-4

The Lunar Module’s dark alphas are meant for those, who want to deviate a little from the original design and require more contrast between their modifiers and alphas. Coupled with the Command Module, you will be able to cover two keyboards with these kits, if you use specific enough layouts on both.

236984-5

Extra space keys made for split spacebar users, Alice users, and those that require 6u centre stem and off-centre stem bars.

236986-6

This special kit was built with the expertise of MKUltra, who will make sure that MOQ on this set is met, and it’s meant to cover all manners of 40%, ortholinear, and ergo keyboards.

GMK Lunar Desk Mats

Novelty Pattern

236988-7

Astronaut

236990-8

Technical Flight Plan

236992-9

Apollo 11 Flight Plan

236994-10

GMK Lunar Renders

Austin by driftingbunnies with GMK Lunar’s Command Module

236996-11
More
236998-12
237000-13

RAMA WORKS M60-A LNY20 in red with GMK Lunar’s Command Module, Lunar Module, and Houston! We Have A Problem!

237002-14
More
237004-15
237006-16

GrayStudio Think6.5° with GMK Lunar’s Command Module and Houston! We Have A Problem!

237008-17
More
237010-18
237012-19

Footprint Artisans from the one and only Salvun!

237126-20

Created by the one and only Salvun, this R1 Cherry profile artisan is crafted from aluminium and cerakoted in 'Moon Dust', while the other variant is clear cerakoted brass. Photos by Kwer! Follow him here!

Moon Dust

237300-21

Clear Cerakoted Brass

237302-22

GMK Lunar Pricing

This set is supremely unique in terms of the number of moulds that GMK will make for Lunar — I believe there will be a total of 77 new moulds. I would also like to take this chance to thank GMK for all their help in graciously participating financially in this set, to help bring the price down, as well as the vendors, who have minimised their profits, to make it easier for all of you guys.

• Command Module (core kit | 149 keys | 150 MOQ) — 160 USD / 151 EUR / 242 AUD / 224 SGD
  • Houston! We Have a Problem! (novelty kit | 37 keys | 100 MOQ) — 75 USD / 70 EUR / 113 AUD / 105 SGD
  • Lunar Module (alphas kit | 59 keys | 100 MOQ) — 65 USD / 57 EUR / 98 AUD / 91 SGD
  • Landing Pad (Spacebars | 10 keys | 100 MOQ) — 25 USD / 20 EUR / 38 AUD / 35 SGD
  • Service Module (assembly kit | 133 keys | 100 MOQ) — 165 USD / 160 EUR / 250 AUD / 230 SGD
  • Salvun’s Artisans — 60 USD
  • Desk mats — 20 USD each

Shipping is expected around September/October 2020.

Images of Salvun's artisans coming soon.

Sidenote

The base kit, at 160 USD, with included numpad, is still cheaper than GMK Phosphorous was with a separate base kit (129 USD base + 34 USD numpad = 163 USD) and GMK Apollo (120 USD base + 50 USD numpad = 170 USD).

Summary Poster

237014-23

237291-24

SpaceCables have created a custom cable for GMK Lunar in its colourway with a coil and Aviator connector. The cables are 1.8 metres long (6 feet) and can be specified with USB-C or Mini-USB connectors on the keyboard side, with USB-A connectors on the computer side. The keyboard part uses a grey shade, while the computer end is black. The sleeve naturally uses the main yellow accent colour.

237293-25

Signature

Non-transparent background...
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104965][img width=450 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/i8fAo76.jpg[/img][/url]
Transparent background...
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104965][img width=450 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/LECtjiQ.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2020, 07:26:04 by Moridin »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Approved, Gl with GB
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Reserved for status updates.

Status Updates

— March 4, 2020 — Waiting for March 6... ⏰

— March 4, 2020 — US price for Salvun’s Footprint Artisan will be 60 USD. Prices for other regions will follow.

— March 5, 2020, 09:21 CET — Desk mats have an MOQ of 20 pieces and a price of 20 USD each.

— March 5, 2020, 09:44 CET — Added a photo of Salvun's Footprint artisan in 'Moon Dust' (bronze version coming soon). Amazing photo by Kwer!

— March 5, 2020, 19:12 CET — Added a direct link to iLumKB’s GMK Lunar page.

— March 5, 2020, 21:10 CET — Group buy end date changed to APRIL 3.

— March 5, 2020, 21:30 CET — Salvun’s second artisan will be clear cerakoted brass.

— March 6, 2020, 22:40 CET — Europe — MyKeyboard.eu link updated to GMK Lunar

— March 7, 2020, 09:03 CET — USA — The Key Company — updated URL to new page.

— March 7, 2020, 11:20 CET — Lunar is live on iLumKB!

— March 8, 2020, 12:40 CET — Added new photos of Salvun's artisans and information on SpaceCables x Lunar cable collab.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 March 2020, 06:41:16 by Moridin »

Offline Brez1623

Does this end on the 7th or the 3rd of April? The key dot co site says the 3rd.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [GB] GMK Lunar — inspired by NASA's AGC & DSK [March 6 – April 7]
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:25:45 »
Does this end on the 7th or the 3rd of April? The key dot co site says the 3rd.

Verifying.

(Also genuinely shocked at seeing your signature with Phosphorous in it. 🖖🏻)
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:27:28 by Moridin »

Offline Zeelobby

My body is ready!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Added price for Salvun’s artisan.

Offline Blazer

I'm pumped!!!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Group buy end date changed to APRIL 3.

Offline Robosculpts

How long is the GB lasting? March 6th till...? Nevermind, found it. April 3rd. Perfect. I'll be in for sure.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2020, 10:06:23 by Robosculpts »

Offline MrFurrior

Re: [GB] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC & DSK [March 6 – April 3]
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 13:44:24 »
Will mykeyboard be selling the deskmats? I think i'll be in for at least 2 of them...

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
— March 6, 2020, 22:40 CET — Europe — MyKeyboard.eu link updated to GMK Lunar

— March 7, 2020, 09:03 CET — USA — The Key Company — updated URL to new page.

And yes, we have successful lift-off, as did yesterday’s International Space Station resupply mission (countdown starts from 21 minutes)!

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2020, 02:09:50 by Moridin »

Offline dantambok

ordered a set!  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
ordered a set!  :thumb:

Awesome! ❤️

——

Guys, Daily Clack is having issues getting the GB up and running on their page. It should be live soon, hopefully tomorrow at the latest. 🖖🏻

Daily Clack is live: https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-lunar
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2020, 18:44:06 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

237287-0

SpaceCables have created a custom cable for GMK Lunar in its colourway with a coil and Aviator connector. The cables are 1.8 metres long (6 feet) and can be specified with USB-C or Mini-USB connectors on the keyboard side, with USB-A connectors on the computer side. The keyboard part uses a grey shade, while the computer end is black. The sleeve naturally uses the main yellow accent colour.

237289-1

Offline DukeEsquire

If something doesn't hit MOQ, does that mean if we paid by PayPal, we won't be able to get a full refund? Does Google pay have the same issue?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
If something doesn't hit MOQ, does that mean if we paid by PayPal, we won't be able to get a full refund? Does Google pay have the same issue?

Please ask your vendor to verify but AFAIK you should get a full refund. And since Apollo 11 made it back to Earth, we're going to hit MOQ. I believe.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
237395-0

First weekend sales are coming along nicely! The Command Module has reached 40% of MOQ already, while the novelty kit (Houston! We Have A Problem!) is at 48%. Alphas are following nicely at 22%, and the Landing Pad kit is behind those at 13%. Assembly Kit is at 4%, but since it's bought out, MOQ will be met and it will get made either way.

Desk mat sales are coming along nicely, with the Astronaut and Technical Flight Plan blowing past MOQ already. The other two are halfway there.

Information based on partial data from vendors.

Cheers everyone and thank you for contributing to the final success of this set! 🍻
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2020, 03:43:09 by Moridin »

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
More

First weekend sales are coming along nicely! The Command Module has reached 40% of MOQ already, while the novelty kit (Houston! We Have A Problem!) is at 48%. Alphas are following nicely at 22%, and the Landing Pad kit is behind those at 13%. Assembly Kit is at 4%, but since it's bought out, MOQ will be met and it will get made either way.

Desk mat sales are coming along nicely, with the Astronaut and Technical Flight Plan blowing past MOQ already. The other two are halfway there.

Cheers everyone and thank you for contributing to the final success of this set! 🍻

Offline fatboycarney

Looking really good so far Moridin!!

dvorcol, those charts are off the charts WOW amazing work, so cool!!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Looking really good so far Moridin!!

dvorcol, those charts are off the charts WOW amazing work, so cool!!

Yes, it is. Sales are really nice and I’m very pleased with the way this is going. Price is high so I’m extremely grateful to everyone who supports this set and wants it to make it come to life.

Also, please buy more Assembly so MKUltra doesn’t have a heart attack. 😅

Dvorcols work is amazing as always.

Offline BrainBunker

That's probably the coolest MOQ chart I've ever seen from dvorcol. Nice work!

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 13:26:58 by dvorcol »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Two more renders coming in later today, on a 75% board and an ergo.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Jae (and Quakemz) just said the nicest things about GMK Lunar in last night’s episode. I’m might have choked up a bit at one point and perhaps something even got into my eye. Thanks guys, 2020 made in March is a huge success. 🥰🥰🥰😘

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/566262507?t=3851s

Also, a big thanks to Kwer for the artisan photos! Follow him here! https://www.instagram.com/thinkkwer
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2020, 10:51:00 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Waiting for vendor updates today. We should be close to 100 base, so 2/3 of the way there!

🙏🏻

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
237932-0

We have partial numbers for Week 1 sales, without Daily Clack for the moment (these should be updated later this week). The core kit (Command Module) is 66% along the flight time to MOQ, with the novelty kit beating it at 73%. Alphas are at 38% and Spacebars at 24%. Mat sales are insane — a total of 183 have been ordered so far — along with 76 artisans by Salvun. Thank you everyone! 💛

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 05:27:02 by Moridin »

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2020, 03:35:43 by dvorcol »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
We’re at 75% to MOQ on base! Let’s do this! 🙌🏻💪🏻🤞🏻

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 March 2020, 15:29:11 by dvorcol »

Offline Drudoo

So excited for this GB. First one for me and got the novelties and base kit.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So excited for this GB. First one for me and got the novelties and base kit.

As a huge fan of themed GMK sets, all I can say is that I wish my first GB would have been something like this. Instead I got GMK White-on-Black - as plain as you can go. 😅

Offline AlexG

One of the better put together sets I've seen in a while. Might have to jump in.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Buzz Aldrin turned 90 years old in January, and at this age, he is in the very highest of risk categories for COVID-19.

"Buzz, what are you doing to protect yourself from the coronavirus?" I asked.

"Lying on my ass and locking the door," he replied, without hesitating.

Source: https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/dont-worry-buzz-aldrin-is-protecting-himself-from-the-coronavirus/

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
238318-0

Dear fellow-fans-who-love-space-stuff!

It is with the utmost happiness, especially in these troubling times, that I can announced that GMK Lunar has reached MOQ on the Core Kit (Command Module) and Novelty Kit (Houston! We Have A Problem!). We are less than 40% of the way to MOQ for the dark alphas (Lunar Module) and we still require 60% more thrust for the Spacebars Kit (Landing Pad). The Service Module (Assembly Kit) needs more rocket fuel from everyone — it has quite a way to go still.

I would also like to remind you that this group buys ends on April 3, in around 10 days, depending on where you are on Earth, so please make your flight plan accordingly.

🦠 Having said all that, I hope you are all well and doing everything you can to best take care of your familes and yourselves. This wonderful keyboard hobby comes second, so please make sure you have everything you need first, before you pre-order anything.

Thank you everyone and stay safe! 💛

Offline Drudoo

Sounds great! I am thinking of adding a Service Module to my order, but will they be made even if MOQ is not met on this specific set, now that MOQ has been met for the base and novelties?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Sounds great! I am thinking of adding a Service Module to my order, but will they be made even if MOQ is not met on this specific set, now that MOQ has been met for the base and novelties?

This is not yet 100% certain, but we have 10 days to go, so at this rate, we should be at around 90-100 MOQ, so I'd wager the Lunar Module will make it without issues. And this isn't accounting for the usual spike of sales towards the end of a GB. Spacebars might need some help, and with all the COVID-19 troubles, Assembly needs more ❤️ too.

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 March 2020, 02:00:18 by dvorcol »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Those graphs are so frickin' cool...

Offline Etherealsound

Man, this set is honestly so great... I get why the price is so high but damn, to get everything is obscenely expensive. Would join if I had the $ to spare. Cheers to everyone who does join

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Man, this set is honestly so great... I get why the price is so high but damn, to get everything is obscenely expensive. Would join if I had the $ to spare. Cheers to everyone who does join

If you get everything, you can cover two boards. 😅

Offline Tobu

In for the novelty deskmat. Will look sick with my m60

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
6️⃣ days left in orbit!

Offline alper_maestro

I hope the Lunar Module hits MOQ!

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 April 2020, 14:31:41 by dvorcol »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Thank you @dvorcol!

3 days left, get more Landing Pads and Lunar Modules, so our final landing is as safe as possible!  :thumb:

Offline alper_maestro

Will the Lonar module be bought out if it doesn't reach the MOQ?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Wll the Lonar Module be buy-out if it's not gonna make the MOQ?

Yeah, it should - it’s pretty close.

Offline alper_maestro

Wll the Lonar Module be buy-out if it's not gonna make the MOQ?

Yeah, it should - it’s pretty close.

:thumb: