Author Topic: Left handed wireless vertical mouse  (Read 8975 times)

Offline hoggy

Left handed wireless vertical mouse
« on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 04:46:59 »
I'm looking for a left handed vertical mouse, but wireless for a colleague.  Can anyone recommend one?  I'm struggling to find any to be honest.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline islisis

Re: Left handed wireless vertical mouse
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 06:46:28 »

Offline naz

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 15:21:42 »
i have been using that mouse for about 3 years now. The best thing of it is that most of the movents come from your fingers and the rest come from your wrist (a natural movement, very comfortable). There is absolutly no need to move your elbow or shoulder, wich can cause strain and pain in some cases (traditional vertical mouse such as the evoluent tend to do this).

The down side is that is best for smaller hands (friends with bigger hands than mine tell me their middle finger hurt, but then again they only used it for a couple of hours, it takes about a week to get use to it).

Battery last for about 3-4 days, but you can still use it while being pluged.

Offline Zustiur

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:12:26 »
Evoluent make one. I prefer the weird version myself. Wireless is far too heavy for my taste

sent via tapatalk

Offline islisis

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:36:57 »
he best thing of it is that most of the movents come from your fingers and the rest come from your wrist (a natural movement, very comfortable).

agreed, it's a great design, i hope their new mouse follows the same design and people who signed for the beta can receive one soon
i would have have bought the current one if they had at least five accessible buttons
symmetrical design choice also seems inspired, do you see it getting in the way for your usage?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 10:23:40 »
Evoluent make one. I prefer the weird version myself. Wireless is far too heavy for my taste
Does Evoluent make a mouse that is both left-handed and wireless? I can only find the wired left-handed version on their web site.

I have had a left-handed wired Evoluent.
I am not left-handed, but I found it in a thrift store and decided to save it for someone who would need it.

It is exactly like the right-handed but flipped. I have used a right-handed one at work and thought it was OK but nothing more. Angular snapping made me crazy and it is huge.

The best thing of [the DXT Mouse] is that most of the movents come from your fingers and the rest come from your wrist (a natural movement, very comfortable). There is absolutly no need to move your elbow or shoulder, wich can cause strain and pain in some cases (traditional vertical mouse such as the evoluent tend to do this).
I use the (right-handed) WowPen Joy the same way. Finger and wrist movement, wrist firmly on desk.
I prefer that way over the whole-hand movement of the Evoluent.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2016, 10:30:05 by Findecanor »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 12:10:44 »
Handshoe mouse isn't vertical, but it's angled quite a bit and serves as a hand rest at the same time. There are both Bluetooth and wired versions of left- and right-handed models in several sizes.

Offline naz

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 15:48:53 »
he best thing of it is that most of the movents come from your fingers and the rest come from your wrist (a natural movement, very comfortable).

agreed, it's a great design, i hope their new mouse follows the same design and people who signed for the beta can receive one soon
i would have have bought the current one if they had at least five accessible buttons
symmetrical design choice also seems inspired, do you see it getting in the way for your usage?

there is going to be a new version??? that's great, mine shows its age were I place my thumb and pinky fingers (the rober looks darker and feels rough, like a burned mark). Do you know were can I see pictures?? (can't find on google)

about the buttons.... don't know where they would go on the new model, so i can't imagine if they would get it the way or not. What i would change is the place for recharging it, where is now tends to get it the way with the keyboard (it just a minor complaint).

Offline islisis

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:32:42 »
it's not a new version, but a new mouse it seems...
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77771.msg1970689#msg1970689

i hope they mean what they say by ergonomic, although there are arguments that a gaming mouse should be flat

so you don't think they could introduce a ring finger button? that and 2-4 thumb buttons could be easily arranged, i feel

what i was wondering was, do you think the symmetrical (left/right handed) design gets in the way of the ergonomics?
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:36:05 by islisis »

Offline yensteel

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 01:11:37 »
I just found about the EZ mouse. It is a vertical mouse that resembles the evoluent and there's a left handed wireless version.

http://www.minicute.com/products/ezmouse/34.htm
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 May 2016, 01:13:27 by yensteel »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 18:49:30 »
they sell the evoluent generic brand mouse on ebay for $20..

I am 80% sure it's the same mouse..

Offline speedtechlights

• speedtechlights.com
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 01:14:25 »
Try out Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Left, it is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 and MAC with a downloadable driver from the producers website, and has a basic functionality without a driver on Linux.