Author Topic: Congrats!  (Read 128005 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Congrats!
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:32:36 »
Congrats on getting a vendor forum! Thank you for being one of the companies who reach out to the community and communicate with us. Really makes your company stand out and we really appreciate it, as well as the solid quality keyboards you guys put out. Looking forward to new products and good news from you guys, and as always keep up the good work.
I love Elzy

Offline nullstring

Re: Congrats!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:35:43 »
+1
While I'm here, you guys should think about producing a keyboard with mx purples (ergo clears).

Offline mickd

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 17:19:39 »
Awesome! Congrats on the subforum. I look forward to all the cool new products you guys release.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 17:21:47 »
Congrats!

Now if only you had a bit more say in Australia ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:23:22 »
Oh wow, a geekhack vendor forum? Now that’s something! Great, that way I won’t miss important things.

(Will you post e.g. a new spawn firmware here, too?)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:34:47 »
Congratulations. I own a Trigger and a QFR, and they are both great keyboards. When I can, I want to pick up a TK to see how I like the layout. Keep up the great work, you guys!

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:36:46 »
Congrats!

Now if only you had a bit more say in Australia ...

+1000
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:43:05 »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! We try and stay in touch & truly do value the feedback we get!

We listen and we try to adapt. Our goal is to provide users with the perfect product, simplicity & quality combined. 2013 will be exciting!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:45:14 »
It's nice to see a large company take interesting in a small/hobbyist forum AND listening to our suggestions.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Vintage

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:52:00 »
It's nice to see a large company take interesting in a small/hobbyist forum AND listening to our suggestions.
^^This.^^
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:56:55 »
Haha, I bought a lot of stuff from CM because of Carter's outstanding work.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 22:49:36 »
Indeed! A big congratulations to someone who's been a great influence on many of my purchasing decisions in the past several months hahaha!

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 00:54:47 »
What will you be selling here though..? As in don't people normally order from cmstorm's site/resellers..?

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Congrats!
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 01:46:50 »
The original intent of the vendor forums was to give the community access to vendor representatives.  Ask questions, receive product announcements, etc. 

This has expanded with some of the other vendor forums to include the facilitation of sales. 

How the vendor reps use their forums is up to them.  The more access we have to the companies that produce and/or distribute our keyboards, the better!

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 02:33:07 »
The original intent of the vendor forums was to give the community access to vendor representatives.  Ask questions, receive product announcements, etc. 

This has expanded with some of the other vendor forums to include the facilitation of sales. 

How the vendor reps use their forums is up to them.  The more access we have to the companies that produce and/or distribute our keyboards, the better!

Ah I see I see. and all along I thought the vendor forum was mainly/only for sales. my bad!

Offline brianvoo

• Poisoned
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 07:05:24 »
On a semi-related note, I saw a CM event happening at one of the cafe's in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today, not too sure what's that about. And about CM in Malaysia, I was hoping for more MX Blues and Browns instead of Reds and Blacks. Not sure if you guys can control that but I'd totally go for a Blue QFR.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 07:41:48 »
Congrats on the forum, it's great to see a company that actually communicates with their customers, as opposed to companies just posting a picture of one of their products on FB and write "Like if you want one" and call that communication.
The only downside is that I'm not in the US, do you know if there is a EU rep somewhere on another forum or something, or possibly badger the EU division into getting a EU rep onto GH?

Offline madmalkav

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 14:36:05 »
Congrats.

Now please get that spanish keyboards available in Spain.

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 00:07:47 »
Congrats on the vendor forum! Proud owner of a QFR w/ reds.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 00:10:18 »
Gratz on the vendor section!!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 00:13:01 »
Haha, I bought a lot of stuff from CM because of Carter's outstanding work.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Same here, I have a ton of QFR's now, and I went CM for my computer case in my recent build. I'm really happy!

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 01:26:16 »
Congrats!  It's nice to see a company paying attention to user feedback.  I got my QFR because the branding was removed.  I think you guys should celebrate by releasing a discount code so I can get my second one (with reds) a bit cheaper ;). I'd like to see CM Storm come out with the first cherry mechanical switch gaming pad along the lines of a Razer Nostromo or Logitech G13.  Also new versions of the ATCS 840 and Sniper please.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2012, 01:28:26 by gameaholic »
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Uwontprevail

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:16:05 »
Just bought a QuickFire Pro, should be arriving in the mail tomorrow.

Hopefully i will be able to buy a cleaner looking case without all the cuts on the sides and front.

Maybe replace the spacebar with something that doesn't have the logo on it.

other than that, you cant ignore the fact that it only cost me 60 bucks.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 00:43:49 »
I've owned a QFR w/MX Blue switches for almost 6 months and I have to say I love it. The build quality is close to Filco and the media keys add a much needed touch to the mechanical keyboard world.

Are you going to start offering the QFR and other CM keyboards with different color key caps? Will you be adding a USB hub into the QFR? Have you thought about a wireless mechanical keyboard?

What are we to expect from CM that we don't expect?

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 01:38:22 »
I do like CMStorm very much. Great boards at great price. To be honest though, I hope you guys don't go the route that Razer did. Less value and more markup. I am hoping that one day value keyboards be cheap enough for the majority to want to buy and use.(most average consumers seem to like a number pad along with a full keyboard.)
I am not sure if that is a good thing to say to anyone I am buying from. I understand in the end it is about profit and if making great products and maintaining quality means insufficient profit then the feasible thing to do is cut costs and increase profit. I am not sure how it is at the CM offices but from the products(PSU, etc.) you guys have put out, it seems that you guys have maintained the reliable name. I assume that you guys have a good and consumer-in-mind business model.
I am just afraid of another Razer, Das, Filco... They don't bring anything new and maintain a high price just because they have a brand name.
I have lots of hope for you guys!
SmallFry! <3

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:26:25 »
Do we still have a CM representative?