Author Topic: Brandless replacement cases  (Read 17798 times)

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
Re: Brandless replacement cases
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 18:19:26 »
I just want to get my hands on a QFR with blacks in Aus.

Not sure why soo blardy hard :(

Carterrrrrrrrrrrrrr can you help a brother out?
Poker
QFR

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:33:01 »
Man, if CM were to release a replacement case right now, the would sell out in minutes for everyone clamoring for Phantom cases. Let's hope they don't miss this huge opportunity.

Offline metafour

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:39:33 »
Man, if CM were to release a replacement case right now, the would sell out in minutes for everyone clamoring for Phantom cases. Let's hope they don't miss this huge opportunity.

Carter said the cases are in stock and they were going to be posted last week Monday or Tuesday. However, we're only looking at replacement TOP cases. It's not the whole case. He did say if these sell well he will try to go up the chain to get some more products like this in place. Not sure if that includes full cases though.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:57:57 »
Carter said the cases are in stock and they were going to be posted last week Monday or Tuesday. However, we're only looking at replacement TOP cases. It's not the whole case. He did say if these sell well he will try to go up the chain to get some more products like this in place. Not sure if that includes full cases though.

I see, still, if they did do full cases. hotcakes. HOTCAKES!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:50:47 »
I just want to get my hands on a QFR with blacks in Aus.

Not sure why soo blardy hard :(

Carterrrrrrrrrrrrrr can you help a brother out?

http://www.nexus.com.au/keyboards-mouse/keyboard/cm-storm/coolermaster-cm-storm-quickfire-rapid-cherry-black-keyboard.html

$99 though :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 22:46:10 »
Yeah bud, I did a static ice search too and found them jjust before too.. Hence me coming in and asking Carter's help. As he was able to do a much better deal for me.. just hoping he can still work some magic!
Poker
QFR

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 01:20:34 »
Mine was $82 from CPL, but they don't sell them any more.  CentreCom doesn't either.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 19:22:55 »
Thought i'd Pm'd carter.

alas, I have now.
Poker
QFR

Offline Chalky White

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 12:47:21 »
any update on the cases? I hope CES didn't kill Carter....

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 14:01:51 »
I wonder if Rajiv has any ETA on these going up for sale? :D

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 14:54:32 »
I wonder if Rajiv has any ETA on these going up for sale? :D
And availability. I'd love to get one, but I fear it'll be difficult since Carter, and Rajiv as well I assume, has little say in what CM Europe does.

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 17:10:02 »
Just letting you guys know that they are available now. http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-replacement-top-panel/

Offline Amarok

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 18:23:44 »
Ordered a black one. Thanks Carter!
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 18:50:58 »
Just letting you guys know that they are available now. http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-replacement-top-panel/

Thanks for the heads up! I grabbed one of each. =)

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 16:40:15 »
When will Europe get these?

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 23:51:41 »
When will Europe get these?
I think they said that it was either not any time soon or not at all but you can arrange with the CM-usa store to ship to europe if you cover the fee.

Offline Chalky White

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 23:53:45 »
Great to see these finally become available, but shipping seems to be a little high though. You guys need to work out better pricing with your shipping partners ; )

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 15:31:04 »
Great to see these finally become available, but shipping seems to be a little high though. You guys need to work out better pricing with your shipping partners ; )

Yeah :/ we're at the mercy of shipping companies.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 17:07:33 »
Hi Rajiv,

Having had no luck sourcing a Quick Fire Rapid (w Blacks) locally, and having not heard back from Carter, are you able at all to get your hands on one and ship it to Australia for me?

Carter sent me my unbranded reds for a very ok price.

And really really want to get my hands on some blacks in the CM QFR
Poker
QFR

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 17:47:42 »
Hi Rajiv,

Having had no luck sourcing a Quick Fire Rapid (w Blacks) locally, and having not heard back from Carter, are you able at all to get your hands on one and ship it to Australia for me?

No QFR Blacks atm... :(  I'll ask other regions and see who has it, but I've had difficulties locating certain SKUs before.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline realex

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 06:22:28 »
please make the top case available in europe, after seeing how destroyed some previous shipments from overseas reached me i am kinda hesitant to order a plastic frame.

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:16:43 »
support@coolermaster.eu

Shoot them an e-mail, mention Geekhack in the subject and drop my name in your text about the cover cases.
Also, make sure to link them the CM Store link posted above as well.

Offline realex

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:34:52 »
thanks for the fast reply, i just contacted eu support as you proposed. let's hope this will happen, i would totally owe you a (lot of) beer!

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 17:03:59 »
Hi Rajiv,

No QFR Blacks atm... :(  I'll ask other regions and see who has it, but I've had difficulties locating certain SKUs before.

Bugger.

Thanks for the reply Rajiv.

I think I might have been able to spot one left here in Aus. Going to try and grab that!
Poker
QFR

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 21:11:01 »
Just ordered seemingly one of the last QFR Blacks in Aus.

nexus.com.au should have it in my hands by Thursday.

$112 only 12 more than getting it direct from Carter.. Oh well..

Here's hoping it's unbranded.. else I might have to get a US folk to proxy me one of the blank greys or if Rajiv can sort that..

:D
Poker
QFR

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 22:31:32 »

Here's hoping it's unbranded.. else I might have to get a US folk to proxy me one of the blank greys or if Rajiv can sort that..

Bam!

Ordered it yesterday after double checking it was the correct model.. delivered from Melb, to Sydney by 11am next day..

Rad

Blacks rock.

Dont get the hate!
Poker
QFR

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 22:32:25 »
ps, may or may not want someone to proxy me a grey top cover (unbranded, as mine is branded) [not the end of the world but yeah..

if anyone is keen..

unless they ship to aus from coolermaster us site.
Poker
QFR

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 22:21:24 »

Bam!

Ordered it yesterday after double checking it was the correct model.. delivered from Melb, to Sydney by 11am next day..

Rad

Blacks rock.

Dont get the hate!

Got it.. love it.

Cable died on the weekend??

what??

Rajiv anychance you can help a brother out???
Poker
QFR

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 11:47:33 »
Hey man sorry for delayed response..

Push the cable all the way in? Sometimes we have customers think it's dead but its just loose. Worst case, you can pick up a mini-USB at your local shop for cheap.  For me to get anything to AUS would cost triple that >< and I don't have any CM contacts in AUS yet...still trying to track down all the different branches.

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 18:45:47 »
All good mate.

Nah its' definitely the cable.. tried it on my other QFR. different PC, different USB ports.

It just died. Whack.

I emailed the guys I bought it from www.nexus.com.au and they shipped me a replacement cable straightaway!

And it works ! :D
Poker
QFR