Author Topic: Quick Fire Rapid in Europe  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Halikarnas

Quick Fire Rapid in Europe
« on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 19:49:13 »
I'd like to know if there are any plans to get QFR with Cherry MX Brown / Blue switches into the EU in larger numbers. It's almost impossible to find anything else than blacks ATM.

Offline malaki

Re: Quick Fire Rapid in Europe
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 21:08:26 »
same question

im looking for a QFR with mx blues and iso layout (doesnt matter which language layout, but german would be optimal )

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 04:55:09 »
same here! CFR (TKL) with MX- Blues und ISO Layout German..  (and white Case ;D)

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 03:47:16 »
Also looking for QFR in europe but in ANSI layout. It is impossible to get one with browns/blues here in Poland without having to overpay the shipping from US. Is there any chance that they will be available in europe anytime soon?

Offline Joxx

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 04:58:39 »
Agree, it's really hard to find a QFR with brown switches in EU, but on top of that it's even harder to find it in ansi layout. I really don't want to pay the ridiculous price of the shipping, shipping will cost me as much as half of a QFR. Not only that but I will also get VAT tax on it and in the end, it will turn out to be that I am paying for 2 QFR..
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:07:33 »
you guys are unlucky

where I live, there are tons of Quickfire Rapids, especially the brown switches.
There is, however, a shortage of Red switches and these fetch more.

I think CM doesn't have a very sensible distribution policy. For example I never understand why some colour switches are available only by region. Is it that the people of one region have stronger fingers?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Joxx

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:02:31 »
Where do you live? Also QFR price difference between EU and U.S is quite ridiculous
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:12:37 »
Its challenging for our European office to provide all the switch types we are able to provide in North America. Simply put, we have one standard layout (ANSI English) while they have a different language for each region, now multiply that per switch type and customer / region demand.....NOW add in side print key caps / maybe LED color? and you have yourself a forecasting nightmare.

Not playing favorites, its just a challenge, its quite the headache trying to support all the variations every end user wants, but we do give it our best.

Offline Joxx

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 18:33:22 »
Well, I would love to get my hands on Ansi layout in europe without having to get it imported from somewhere else. Most of the store here in France only carry french layout which I am not itnerested to. Sadly, getting a QFR imported to France would cost me more than buying a Filco.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 04:03:30 »
Its challenging for our European office to provide all the switch types we are able to provide in North America. Simply put, we have one standard layout (ANSI English) while they have a different language for each region, now multiply that per switch type and customer / region demand.....NOW add in side print key caps / maybe LED color? and you have yourself a forecasting nightmare.

Not playing favorites, its just a challenge, its quite the headache trying to support all the variations every end user wants, but we do give it our best.
Doesn't most of Europe use a normal ISO layout? The keyboards themselves wouldn't be much of an issue, the problem would only be caps, although this doesn't really make much of a difference since they have to be sold together anyway. But something like an all-blank board or an online store where you buy caps and board separately would be a neat alternative.
Also, side-print caps aren't even an option here since apparently Filco has the rights to sell them in Europe according to Rajiv, so no ninja for CM.

I just wish CM EU sold blank case tops since the branding on my QFR gets really annoying.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 07:39:24 »
Also, side-print caps aren't even an option here since apparently Filco has the rights to sell them in Europe according to Rajiv, so no ninja for CM.
Filco and CM Storm have an agreement about that, then? Well, Ducky doesn't.

Offline malaki

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:37:32 »

is it true that the QFR with red switches and german layout isn't produced anymore?

maybe theres going to be a new version?
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:39:51 by malaki »