Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
Re: Plate Coloring
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 17:21:49 »
Newer boards will have the backplate match the key switch

RED = RED
BLUE = BLUE
etc.

Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 18:39:51 »
Interesting! Are you guys planning a Phantom type plate at all?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 04:12:10 »
A shame there aren't any (genuine) Cherry MX yellow switches ;)

What about the caps/scroll LED colours?  On my QFR (MX blacks) they are red LEDs.  Will they all be red, or customised to the plate/switch colour (with the possible exception of MX black)?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:29:39 »

What about the caps/scroll LED colours?  On my QFR (MX blacks) they are red LEDs.  Will they all be red, or customised to the plate/switch colour (with the possible exception of MX black)?

No phantom plate planning yet...could change!

LED colors will also align to the colors of the switches (except brown will be white backlit)
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 17:15:37 »
What color will the black LED'S be? And good to know about the Phantom plate.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 17:18:26 »
White, I would imagine.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 17:19:40 »
That would make sense. Or purple or similar? Not sure.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Plate Coloring
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 17:34:00 »
Black light, yee

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 17:41:05 »

LED colors will also align to the colors of the switches (except brown will be white backlit)

PLEASE do not use super bright blues. For the love of the gods. I will give you any amount of money to use either dim whites or dim blues there. Either that or please, please, please offer the MX Greens through Amazon.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Squall

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 02:49:38 »
So there´s not any chance of a Brown Switch keyboard with blue backlight and blue plate in the future? I really like your backplate+backlight combo but I really like the blue light and I already have a blue switch keyboard.

Offline Squall

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 10:29:52 »
Rajiv can you tell anything more about future keyboards, if we will be able to buy ones with nonmatching switch + backlight/plate? For example brown switches with blue backlight+blue backplate? Thanks

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 18:41:33 »
Unfortunately, we offer so many options that this was one area we had to buckle down on and have a defining color. 
If there is enough market demand, we can bring in small quantity of special models (limited edition)... so don't give up all hope :)

Offline Squall

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 08:08:40 »
Thanks for the direct answer. I will keep my hope up. Keep up the good work.

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 10:48:55 »

PLEASE do not use super bright blues. For the love of the gods. I will give you any amount of money to use either dim whites or dim blues there. Either that or please, please, please offer the MX Greens through Amazon.

Surprisingly, Amazon and a lot of channels are afraid of the Green switch's high price point...  CES was a huge boon for us because they actually got to try them out and really liked them. We're hoping that changes their mind and we can offer these products in as many outlets as possible.