Author Topic: QFR With Greens Are in the Store  (Read 4205 times)

Offline khad

QFR With Greens Are in the Store
« on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 17:41:49 »
If anyone else wants them, the QFR with green switches (not, I repeat, NOT the stealth version) is listed in the CM Store for the US.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this marvelous piece of clicky clacky goodness.

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
Re: QFR With Greens Are in the Store
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:13:35 »
I missed read your post I got excited that they were for sale, the regular cherry mx green QFR has been on the site for a lonng time but not for sale in a while.
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:16:02 »
Hmm, it just let me add one to cart. When do you find out they're not in stock? I thought if there was no stock, it let you know right away.

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:18:43 »
link me to where you add to cart...?
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:25:27 »

little insight, for what it's worth;

just got off with CM Support:

Topic: Cm QFR MX Green switch keyboard available in store but they say "CHERRY MX Green switch will be available based on region" are they available to buy in the USA now?   

A representative will be connected, please be patient.   

We are still trying to connect you, please be patient. If you don't want to wait please leave a message. Thank you!   

REP enters the chatroom.   
REP   7:25:41 PM      
Hello EZ, thank you for waiting and welcome to Cooler Master Live Help! My name is REP and I will be assisting you today. Your case number is ----- and you may refer to that number for future visits. Please hold for one minute while I review your question. Thank you for your patience.   

EZ   7:25:52 PM      
thank you

REP   7:26:13 PM      
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-green-switch/   
currently available in the US   

EZ   7:26:30 PM      
2 more questions, 1. will the stealth have mx green switch options/   
and 2. any scrap of information when they will be available?   

REP   7:27:58 PM      
The stealth is not a released item yet, so I don't have any information on what switches will be available. I am afraid we don't have an eta on that either.   

EZ   7:28:49 PM      
aw ;/ I wanna buy the MX greens but I'm afraid if I do the stealth version will come out
can you at least tell me if I should wait?   
which would mean they are coming soon     

REP   7:30:48 PM      
I would wait.   

EZ   7:31:01 PM      
NICE!
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:38:00 by eRadicatedZomBiE »
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:37:51 »
I'd like to have a green switch board, although I'm not sure how often I'd use it.

Anyone know if these will ever come around again? --->  http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=199  /    http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/articles.php?article=cherry_green_mx_switches_coming

I emailed them about that one a while back and they didnt know/didnt think it was likely.

I'd rather have a full sized board, I use the numpad at work and home too much..

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 19:33:15 »
I'd like to have a green switch board, although I'm not sure how often I'd use it.

Anyone know if these will ever come around again? --->  http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=199  /    http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/articles.php?article=cherry_green_mx_switches_coming

I emailed them about that one a while back and they didnt know/didnt think it was likely.

I'd rather have a full sized board, I use the numpad at work and home too much..

I hear you on the full-size board, I have the CM Trigger with Greens, a lovely 104-key unit.  But if you're on the fence about Greens, it's hard to go wrong with a TKL board with Greens for $100...  Subtle logo on the back of the case, and no weird gray rubber coating (my one gripe about the Trigger). 

Having said that, my next new keyboard will probably be a Ducky Shine 2, ideally with green LEDs and White switches.  Or Grays.  Or even Greens, the LED color is what I'm trying to match.

Offline dante

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 19:48:30 »
I'm a bit sea sick ... I really like Cherry Stabs more but who knows when the Ducky will come out again with Greens.

Still, it's going to be hard to say no if the XTS w/ Greens gets released.

Come on Ducky :(

Offline khad

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 19:55:25 »
I missed read your post I got excited that they were for sale, the regular cherry mx green QFR has been on the site for a lonng time but not for sale in a while.

I know.  I was looking to order one and saw that they were out of stock.  Rajiv posted last week in the QFR Stealth thread that they were getting a shipment of the regular QFR with Greens in.  I was refreshing the site multiple times a day looking for it.  I thought I would pass on the info, as I know that Green boards are in high demand right now (after I bought mine of course  :D )

I'm a bit sea sick ... I really like Cherry Stabs more but who knows when the Ducky will come out again with Greens.

Still, it's going to be hard to say no if the XTS w/ Greens gets released.

Come on Ducky :(

I do prefer Cherry stabs over the Costar ones, but like you, I'm not sure when/if Ducky is going to release a non-Shine II board with greens.  I really want them to release a Pro with Cherry White (not Clears, the milk switch) and engraved PBT caps.  I would be all over that.

Hopefully the guys that are waiting for a QFR Stealth with Greens get theirs soon.  I thought about it, but I have a few nice keycap sets coming from group buys.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 20:06:53 »
But what about (on the stealth version)

*Stealthy rubber coated Keyboard body
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10035&product_name=CM%20Storm%20QuickFire%20Stealth

I'm not a fan of that.

If its anything like the Asus G73S that has it all over I semi-retired except for trips out of town, then blegh, thats crap. If anyone knows for sure post up. If so then maybe I'll take the plunge for the $100 board tonight/tomorrow morning.

« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 20:16:43 by Psybin »

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 10:11:30 »
I thought I remember reading something about variance in keycap size on some CM boards so swapping sets isn't possible? Now I can't find it. If that's not the case Ill probably order one today, had to see what I could find for a numpad first.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 11:20:37 »
I thought I remember reading something about variance in keycap size on some CM boards so swapping sets isn't possible? Now I can't find it. If that's not the case Ill probably order one today, had to see what I could find for a numpad first.

That applies to the QuickFire TK that I know of, swapping sets on that doesn't work out so well since the bottom row is sized differently.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!