Author Topic: QFR Reds in UK  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
QFR Reds in UK
« on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 12:21:40 »
I can't find one of these anywhere (UK ISO layout). Any ideas why?

Also, is there any possibility of maybe offering a version of the stealth without keycaps or with different keycaps for us European people? I'd love to buy a CM Storm Stealth without the keycaps (barebones)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: QFR Reds in UK
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 12:42:26 »
I can't find one of these anywhere (UK ISO layout). Any ideas why?

Also, is there any possibility of maybe offering a version of the stealth without keycaps or with different keycaps for us European people? I'd love to buy a CM Storm Stealth without the keycaps (barebones)

they only make the board with blacks in the iso layout good sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 12:45:36 »
The Quick Fire Rapid is only in MX Blacks for ISO layout or the Stealth? My buddy bought a QFR in ISO layout with browns.

Offline Arcturus

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 21:11:59 »
I too have been desperately searching for an MX Red QFR in the UK with no luck!

It would be to get a UK release since it seems to be one of the most affordable MX Red TKLs at the moment.

Meanwhile, I'm leaning closer towards the k65 despite the strange bottom row...

*Edit: It seems as though you can get browns, blacks and blues no problem but no reds in UK ISO layout.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 21:16:22 »
I too have been desperately searching for an MX Red QFR in the UK with no luck!

It would be to get a UK release since it seems to be one of the most affordable MX Red TKLs at the moment.

Meanwhile, I'm leaning closer towards the k65 despite the strange bottom row...

*Edit: It seems as though you can get browns, blacks and blues no problem but no reds in UK ISO layout.

Buy one, buy some red switches, and get the soldering iron out?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:47:34 »
According to their website, Cooler Master seem to have abandoned all switches except black for the rapid in the UK, although Scan still lists browns I think.

There is a Dutch company listing a few CM keyboards on eBay, most are listed as manufacturer refurbished. They list UK, US and Pan Nordic layout with red switches. No clue if they are reliable or even any good, but they are listing what you are after.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COOLER-MASTER-STORM-QUICK-FIRE-RAPID-MECHANICAL-RED-GAMING-ENGLISH-KEYBOARD-/380660752849?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&hash=item58a12621d1

edit: Where can you get a UK QFR with blues? Someone told me a shop in north-England has them, but that's not much use for me. Anywhere you found mail-order? I nearly caved in and got a US import one for a ripoff $137.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:13:57 by RabRhee »
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 18:40:39 »
I ended up getting it from Scan with MX Browns. Unbranded as well. Love it. Getting rid of my Filco.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 19:06:43 »
I ended up getting it from Scan with MX Browns. Unbranded as well. Love it. Getting rid of my Filco.

Happy to hear it!

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 20:08:31 »
I'd love for you guys to offer some sort of keyboard roof for it though. Still curious as to why red switches seem to have basically disappeared from the UK though?

Also, I was wondering how durable the rubber finish / mini USB port is? I'm not particularly worried about wearing, just curious.

The detachable cable is great, means I can customise without voiding warranty :D

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 20:12:19 »
I'd love for you guys to offer some sort of keyboard roof for it though. Still curious as to why red switches seem to have basically disappeared from the UK though?

Also, I was wondering how durable the rubber finish / mini USB port is? I'm not particularly worried about wearing, just curious.

The detachable cable is great, means I can customise without voiding warranty :D

Its proven to be very durable coating. We have changed to a different coating in the stealth & XT models, but the original is still fantastic. We ran into very few issues with the mini USB connection (Especially in comparison to others) but we opted to switch to full USB in majority of our new boards for added longevity.

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 20:19:01 »
Hopefully we'll see a new TKL board then in the UK with this new coating and new USB connection. I assume (hope!) you will release something here anyway :)