Author Topic: CM Storm Mechanical Key Switch Tester NOW ON SALE (North America AND EU!)  (Read 107067 times)

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
Hey guys,

Our initial batch sold out fast, but we're back in stock!
Also, our EU team noticed all the comments and feedback so they added it to their store as well.

The way this works is the unit costs $15, but you get a $15 credit towards any keyboard purchase. Works the same for EU with their currency as the credit.
If you're buying from the US store, I'd recommend a TK Green or the new MECH ;)

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/mechanical-key-switch-demo-board/

EU Pre-Order:
http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/keyboards/mechanical-key-switch-tester/
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: CM Storm Mechanical Key Switch Tester NOW ON SALE (North America AND EU!)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 14:05:23 »
Shouldn't this be in your vendor forum??

Or even classifieds?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 14:08:53 »
Does it connect to a computer or is it just switches mounted in plastic?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 14:15:05 »
Also here is the other thread about these

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50594.0

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 14:21:46 »
If you're buying from the US store, I'd recommend a TK Green or the new MECH ;)

I'd love to see an aluminum keyboard from you all with a slightly less… elaborate… design.

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 16:57:12 »
I want a QFR in MX Reds and ISO layout but can't find one anywhere.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 20:18:58 »
I'd love to see an aluminum keyboard from you all with a slightly less… elaborate… design.

+1
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline atomcracker

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:28:48 »
this is excellent.  i have always wanted to try before i buy with mech keyboards, but even at microcenter you cannot try all the different types of switches.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 16:02:32 »
Meh, 22€ is a bit too much for shipping only. ;[ Just bought x2 TK's and x2 Rapid's. Both in blue and red. Would love to try out the brown ones.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline osxoep

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 16:48:29 »
€13 shipping on a €14 item...

No thanks.
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:36:52 »
Do you only have black switches for the QFR available? :/
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 06:26:20 »

Spaceworld, Komplett, CDON, Mpx, all have cherry mx red switches for sale =]

http://www.komplett.no/cm-storm-quickfire-rapid-keyboard-red/761192
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:06:56 »

Spaceworld, Komplett, CDON, Mpx, all have cherry mx red switches for sale =]

http://www.komplett.no/cm-storm-quickfire-rapid-keyboard-red/761192

I was thinking of taking advantage of the switch tester-offer Cooler Master had on their site....and I could only find 1 QFR and that one had blacks :/
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
Wish CM in Australia sold these. I refuse to pay up to $180 for a green switch CM keyboard just to see if I like the switches. :(
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Wish CM in Australia sold these. I refuse to pay up to $180 for a green switch CM keyboard just to see if I like the switches. :(

Mechkb.com is selling some CM keyboards with greens for $119+

http://www.mechkb.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?name=&description=&short_description=&sku=&price%5Bfrom%5D=&price%5Bto%5D=&switchtype%5B%5D=73&isolate_for_page=
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

http://www.mechkb.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?name=&description=&short_description=&sku=&price%5Bfrom%5D=&price%5Bto%5D=&switchtype%5B%5D=73&isolate_for_page=

... plus $40 shipping ...

(actually US$42.55, based on my recent purchase from them of a Ducky Yellow, and the total works out slightly higher in AUD)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.

The greens they have in stock are the Stealth for $169. The price shows when you choose switch in drop down menu.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds

The greens they have in stock are the Stealth for $169. The price shows when you choose switch in drop down menu.

Ah oops, my bad.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline lrch

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 15:32:16 »
What happened to this over here in Europe? The link leads to "The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist. " Searching for it leads nowhere and the "new and improved" CM forum turns up nada.

Sorry for the necromancy, but I am a licensed wizard.

Offline Xike

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 12:52:09 »
Huge bump, I know, but is this going to be coming back in stock any time soon?

I already have a tester coming in the mail soon but I really like the design of this one.
Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Red)    KBC Poker II (Cherry MX Clear)

Offline smoseph

Another huge bump, is there any news if these will ever come back in stock for the US?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ