Author Topic: CM Storm Alcor | DeathAdder-ish mouse  (Read 98061 times)

Offline nuclearsandwich

CM Storm Alcor | DeathAdder-ish mouse
« on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:54:02 »
In all the hubbub of the TopreMX Novatouch board, CM's Alcor mouse is missing out on the hype. I'm pretty excited about it because as much as I enjoy the Spawn, it feels a bit puck-like in my gargantuan hands. I'll definitely be picking one up with a Novatouch when they're released. I held off on trying the Steelseries Rival when I saw the first teaser photograph of this thing. Have any of the CES videos talked about the mouse specs yet?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: CM Storm Alcor | DeathAdder-ish mouse
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:27:30 »
It's basically a clone of the IME 3.0, the same mouse the DeathAdder is based on, updated for the modern market. It's also Carter's project, so if his previous mouse is anything to go by(Spawn/Xornet) it's going to be good and not **** up really basic things.

I'll probably be getting one as soon as it becomes available, even if I'm trying to ease up on my mouse collecting.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:47:10 »
It's basically a clone of the IME 3.0, the same mouse the DeathAdder is based on, updated for the modern market. It's also Carter's project, so if his previous mouse is anything to go by(Spawn/Xornet) it's going to be good and not **** up really basic things.

I'll probably be getting one as soon as it becomes available, even if I'm trying to ease up on my mouse collecting.

Didn't carter post the CM topre right? In the pic he posted a couple months ago, he showed the board and a mouse. Is that the alcor?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:52:07 »

Didn't carter post the CM topre right? In the pic he posted a couple months ago, he showed the board and a mouse. Is that the alcor?

Yeah. I got the name off of the label in the background of one of the CES videos.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 01:47:36 »
I'm interested  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 02:16:18 »

Never ease up, always go in and get the next rodent available.  That way it's far better to have millions of mice around you than keyboards, because the keyboards will always take up more room.

Offline exactrevenge

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:41:28 »
For the love of god Carter pls use the alcor shell for the mizar also. I love the side grips on the alcor but prefer an optical mouse. Also instead of a 3090 use the 3310. Just my two cents.  ;)

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:45:27 »
I didn't know that Mizar was the name for the other mouse. Alcor and Mizar are two visible stars in the constellation Ursa Major. Love the naming convention Carter!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 11:03:14 »
I thought the Alcor was the opti? Do I have that backwards?

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 11:11:43 »
No you're right
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline osi

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 22:32:21 »
Will there be a US release date for this mouse?