Author Topic: April Rapid I  (Read 85262 times)

Offline dbme

April Rapid I
« on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 17:00:28 »
Carter: So I'm assuming we're going to miss that April Rapid I/SI release date - any word on how far it's been pushed back? (And will there be TK versions?)

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
Re: April Rapid I
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 00:44:21 »
Forget about Rapid, we want to know the release date for Novatouch! :p

Offline mr2009

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 01:15:19 »
facepalm...

selling now on taobao here:http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37543691592

Offline dbme

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 01:22:32 »
I guess I should have specified U.S. release date. :)

And to the best of my knowledge, the Novatouch won't be available until Q3 or Q4, but maybe Carter can shed some light...

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 01:44:58 »
I guess I should have specified U.S. release date. :)

And to the best of my knowledge, the Novatouch won't be available until Q3 or Q4, but maybe Carter can shed some light...
ahh that late? I dont think I can wait that long.  :'(

Offline dbme

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 10:14:43 »
Okay, so seeing how Carter's login's been active, I figured if he wasn't responding it was because an announcement was imminent. Lo and behold, a press release. (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cooler-master-quickfire-rapid-i,26436.html)

Still no word yet on the SI, the Novatouch, any TK versions or the actual release date. :) Hopefully he'll chime in at some point if there's no upcoming information through the official channels...

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 00:01:55 »
Sorry guys for the delayed responses. I have taken on quite a bit of responsibility (Case, Power & Cooling) which has eaten in to my time. Si is still in the cards once switch availability increases.

Novatouch unfortunately hit some delays with the transfer of parts and customs which impacted more than you could imagine. We are targeting Early July, but could extend to early August.

Hang in there, it will be worth it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:01:31 »
Sorry guys for the delayed responses. I have taken on quite a bit of responsibility (Case, Power & Cooling) which has eaten in to my time. Si is still in the cards once switch availability increases.

Novatouch unfortunately hit some delays with the transfer of parts and customs which impacted more than you could imagine. We are targeting Early July, but could extend to early August.

Thanks for the update!

Better to know that it is late, than speculate on rumours ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pgeorghiou

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:21:13 »

Thanks for the update!

Better to know that it is late, than speculate on rumours ;)

Agreed!!! I almost wish they would just overestimate the release date so that way we can be pleasantly surprised rather than strung along... of course, if people hear that it will be too long they may be impatient and go with another brand.
Current hardware:  CMStorm Trigger w/ Cherry Blues

Offline Kildras

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 09:50:29 »
Just wondering if there is any chance there will be a cherry green version?
This keyboard is perfect for me but I really want to have a green switch and from what I can see, only red, blue and brown are planned? :(
since you guys are sponsoring some of my fav progamer, polt and revival, it would be awesome if my next keyboard purchase will be from you guys :)

also will there be the trace light effect for novatouch?
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:12:07 by Kildras »